International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation Donald Trump has 'dangerous mental illness' say psychiatry experts at Yale... Pt 3 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341507)

dann 20th October 2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13633851)
Even in Powell's death, Trump can't help but make it all about himself.

As for his question as to whether he'll be treated thusly by the media, let's just hope we have an answer to that soon. Real soon.

Don't disappoint me like this! Powell!

dann 20th October 2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo (Post 13633923)
I posted this in another thread, but it fits here also.

I never wanted Trump to die while in office, because I didn't want him to be martyred. Now, I could care less if the big city bus of life ran him down. Just sayin'.

I do like the suggestion above/or in another tread of maybe drafting hypothetical obituaries for him, and leaking them to social media. Anything that still brings him pain, brings me joy. I am probably not a nice person anymore.

It's the unfortunate reaction you get to a narcissist who is trying to elevate himself by putting everybody else down (and by wearing elevator shoes). You begin to pay attention to and comment on all the little things about him that don't really matter and shouldn't concern you: his (lack of) hair, his big ass, his spelling, his elevator shoes ...

Stacyhs 20th October 2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 13634038)
Don't disappoint me like this! Powell!

Sorry, Dann! Mea culpa.

dann 20th October 2021 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darat (Post 13611324)
Number 11 - make annoying Youtube videos about how they are smarter than narcissists....

She may give you that impression by letting the photo of herself dominate the presentation of the YouTube video instead of having a photo that somehow illustrates the theme she is talking about. It also doesn't help that she is trying to sell her services.
I have seen a couple of YouTube videos with cartoon illustrations that make you think of Trump but not enough for him to be able to sue* them! :)

But I have seen much worse. What she has to say about narcissists and narcissism is OK, and it can't be reduced to, 'I am smarter than narcissists'.

*ETA: I am surprised that it is possible to publish a list like this one including contemporaries:
Quote:

Table of Contents
1. What is Narcissism?
1.1 Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
2. Famous Narcissists
Joan Crawford
Kanye West
Kim Kardashian
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Donald Trump
Jim Jones
Adolf Hitler
Famous Narcissists: Depression Alliance’s Top 8 (ThriveTalk, April 8, 2018)

I don't know enough about most of them to decide if it's true or not.

Ladewig 20th October 2021 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 13634162)

*ETA: I am surprised that it is possible to publish a list like this one including contemporaries:

Quote:

Table of Contents
1. What is Narcissism?
1.1 Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
2. Famous Narcissists
Joan Crawford
Kanye West
Kim Kardashian
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Donald Trump

Imma let you finish. But we need to say Donald “MeMeMeMe” Trump needs to be first on the list
Quote:

Quote:

Jim Jones
Adolf Hitler
Famous Narcissists: Depression Alliance’s Top 8 (ThriveTalk, April 8, 2018)

Quote:

I don't know enough about most of them to decide if it's true or not.

carlitos 20th October 2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13633706)
Isn't she violating Twitter rules or something posting a banned user's stuff on their behalf?

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...es/ban-evasion

This tiny forum has better rule enforcement than Twitter. She'd never get away with that here. My guess is that he's a public figure, and he puts the nonsense out in "press releases" on his letterhead. Which really redefines downwards the concept of a press release.

Norman Alexander 20th October 2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13634292)
This tiny forum has better rule enforcement than Twitter. She'd never get away with that here. My guess is that he's a public figure, and he puts the nonsense out in "press releases" on his letterhead. Which really redefines downwards the concept of a press release.

TBH, it should not matter if it was Donny, or Nigel Farage or Vladimir Putin she was acting as a channel for if they have been banned from Twitter. She is violating Twitter rules and should be "managed" forthwith.

But of course she won't be. Because she is hardly alone. There are likely tens of thousands of other Twits, if not millions, doing exactly the same thing with the same content. And Twitter doesn't want to stop such a lucrative income stream. ;)

Solitaire 28th October 2021 07:06 PM

I found a Twitch gaming stream with insights into Trumps psychology just
a bit after the after the discussion of Rauchian Philosophy. It even scores
a few points by going into the origins of the cotton candy quote.

Twitch Link

The Great Zaganza 28th October 2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitaire (Post 13642206)
I found a Twitch gaming stream with insights into Trumps psychology just
a bit after the after the discussion of Rauchian Philosophy. It even scores
a few points by going into the origins of the cotton candy quote.

Twitch Link

Ditch Penn's Sunday School, go full Matt and Mattingly's Ice Cream Social.

Bob001 5th November 2021 01:39 AM

Shrinks speculate on what happens if Trump wins in 2024.
Quote:

Trump's primitive emotional state make him an enormous danger to democracy, which he cannot abide. As a consequence, if he were to again become president, the end of democracy in this country would become a realistic possibility.
https://www.salon.com/2021/10/10/wha...-nothing-good/

Stacyhs 5th November 2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13648105)

OH, NO! They haven't interviewed Trump in person so how can they possibly know he is a severely disturbed nut case? How would they possibly be able to determine that?

dann 9th November 2021 02:33 AM

This guy did interview him:
"Utterly Delusional" - Jonathan Karl On No. 45's Mental State After Leaving Office (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Nov 9, 2021)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Stacyhs 9th November 2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 13650935)
This guy did interview him:
"Utterly Delusional" - Jonathan Karl On No. 45's Mental State After Leaving Office (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Nov 9, 2021)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Kelly was right; they should have invoked the 25th A on Jan. 6 and Trump is utterly delusional...along with a majority of Republicans.

trustbutverify 9th November 2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13648105)

Quote:

Trump's primitive emotional state make him an enormous danger to democracy, which he cannot abide. As a consequence, if he were to again become president, the end of democracy in this country would become a realistic possibility.
Which is exactly the point. The Trump rebellion is an anti-democratic movement. Democracy and democratic institutions are the enemy, not "elitists".

Stacyhs 9th November 2021 04:32 PM

Liz Cheney just said that Trump is "a dangerous and irrational man" and the GOP leaders are "willing hostages" to him.

The Great Zaganza 9th November 2021 11:28 PM

GOP leaders aren't hostages, they are the hostage takers.
When Trump threatened to start his own party, they threatened to cut him off of the donor mailing lists and Legal Defense Fund - Trump caved straight away.

Mojo 10th November 2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13651649)
Kelly was right; they should have invoked the 25th A on Jan. 6

Which year?

Stacyhs 10th November 2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 13651904)
Which year?

2018!

Mojo 10th November 2021 03:07 AM

I was just wondering if it could have been invoked before he was sworn in.

Lurch 10th November 2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13651871)
GOP leaders aren't hostages, they are the hostage takers.
When Trump threatened to start his own party, they threatened to cut him off of the donor mailing lists and Legal Defense Fund - Trump caved straight away.

It's more complex than that. I posit that the Frankenstein is the now rabid, radicalized base. Recall how a rally crowd booed at Trump for having the temerity to suggest to think about getting vaccinated, and the orange sphincter pedaled back.

The Reich wing media machine has to cater to--even compete for--those many feverishly swiveling eyeballs, which can only have the spiraling madness perpetuate.

A beast has been unleashed upon the land. And the country as a whole is asleep while this restive monster broods and froths.

But what else can we expect in a nation where God 'n Guns are practically inseparable?

The Great Zaganza 10th November 2021 08:13 AM

All the TrumpFacistParty needs is someone like Tucker Carlson on their side: Fox is happy to be once again the kingmakers.

dann 10th November 2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 13652043)
But what else can we expect in a nation where God 'n Guns are practically inseparable?

Only when you pry them from His cold, dead hands ...?

Lurch 10th November 2021 12:32 PM

It ain't only the sack of rotting yams who's sick. There's a national contagion that has awakened and emboldened the credulous marks, the uneducated provincials, the deplorable evangelicals, the Nazis, the gibbering lunatics. A critical mass has eschewed reality, and is bent on a nihilistic quest to maintain that high derived from the liberating expression of communal hate. A self reinforcing ecosystem of mutual dependence between leaders and the lead, with the distinction fuzzy and the roles exchanging.

Amazing that a minority can effect such chaos. But that's the price to be paid while free speech remains a prized right for even the architects of the system's demise to exercise. And after the populace has allowed itself to become increasingly uneducated, insular, xenophobic, disenfranchised, bamboozled, fearful and willfully ignorant. All while a somnolent justice apparatus abets Fascism in its feverish plotting unhindered.

A convulsive shock is coming. And the rest of the world is going to suffer for it.