International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

Minoosh 5th September 2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13213543)
Probably ninja'd on this but the "armless vet" touched by Trump never served in the military because of being born without arms.

It gets even weirder: Per Snopes,

Quote:

"The viral photograph of him and Trump first gained widespread attention in January 2016 after the Trump campaign posted a video touting the candidate’s support of American veterans, which featured an image of Russian military ribbons."
That video was taken down, and a new one put up that featured Trump touching the "wounded vet."

They can't create a video without putting in a shot of ******* Russian military ribbons?

I bet Trump still has nightmares about touching that guy.

How does the truth ever get a chance to elbow past Trump's never-ending stream of 100 percent made-up crap? Is it a mistake to even try?

SezMe 5th September 2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13212849)
Trump Tweets

Thank you to our wonderful First Lady!
Quote Tweet

Melania Trump
@FLOTUS
US government account
.@TheAtlantic story is not true. It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism - It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.

FLOTUS didn't write that. I'd bet my first-born male offspring on it.

PS: Don't tell him of that bet. :)

Stacyhs 5th September 2020 05:51 PM

I'm surprised 'Melania' hasn't tweeted it's Fake News that she was in France with Donald and that he did call her to say he 'felt terribly' (terribly?) that he couldn't go to the cemetery.

SezMe 5th September 2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13212854)
Well, while we can expect some new diversion from Trump's disdain for our troops, it's not like the previous problems went away.

Congresswoman blocked from touring mail facility by Postal Service police

Denial of her visit comes awfully close to an admission of guilt.

Surely someone has carte blanche authority to enter any postal facility. Maybe the Inspector General of the PO of his staff? The congresswoman needs to get such a person to go with her - unannounced - to a sorting center.

Bob001 5th September 2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13213759)
Denial of her visit comes awfully close to an admission of guilt.

Surely someone has carte blanche authority to enter any postal facility. Maybe the Inspector General of the PO of his staff? The congresswoman needs to get such a person to go with her - unannounced - to a sorting center.

She has said that she followed the same procedures she followed on previous visits where she was routinely admitted. This time they apparently have something to hide. It's not likely that any postal official who works for the Trumper Postmaster General would help her.

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13213759)
Denial of her visit comes awfully close to an admission of guilt.

Surely someone has carte blanche authority to enter any postal facility. Maybe the Inspector General of the PO of his staff? The congresswoman needs to get such a person to go with her - unannounced - to a sorting center.

It is unclear on why she should have been let in.

SezMe 5th September 2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213051)
Trump Retweeted
Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
“Trump received 28% of the Hispanic vote four years ago. But a fresh national @QuinnipiacPoll⁩ pegged the president’s support with this demographic at 36%.”

Ya gotta be desperate to brag about 36% approval rating with a specific demographic.

Bob001 5th September 2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213766)
It is unclear on why she should have been let in.

Because she is a member of the House committee that oversees the Post Office, and those facilities serve her Congressional district.

SezMe 5th September 2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213161)
They didn't do crap. Repeating a claim without evidence is still a claim without evidence.

Did you read both the AP and Fox reporting? In its entirety? And check the sources mentioned?

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13213770)
Because she is a member of the House committee that oversees the Post Office, and those facilities serve her Congressional district.

Then maybe pass a law allowing them to set the terms of their visit.

It appears the post office had the power to deny this.

Steve 5th September 2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13213772)
Did you read both the AP and Fox reporting? In its entirety? And check the sources mentioned?

Read? Read?

Evidence only exists if it is spoon fed. Nobody should have to read links!

Stacyhs 5th September 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213051)
Trump Retweeted
Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
“Trump received 28% of the Hispanic vote four years ago. But a fresh national @QuinnipiacPoll⁩ pegged the president’s support with this demographic at 36%.”

I don't know what Quinnipiac Poll he's talking about because the most recent one I've found says this from June 18:

Quote:

Hispanic voters back Biden 57 - 31 percent

Stacyhs 5th September 2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213783)
Then maybe pass a law allowing them to set the terms of their visit.

It appears the post office had the power to deny this.

The question is why would they deny her entrance?

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13213796)
The question is why would they deny her entrance?

If you say so.

Steve 5th September 2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13213794)
I don't know what Quinnipiac Poll he's talking about because the most recent one I've found says this from June 18:

The Russian one.

acbytesla 5th September 2020 07:06 PM

We all know that those who serve and fight for their country are losers and suckers.

Lurch 5th September 2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elagabalus (Post 13213602)
And Kayleigh, it must be said, has a certain "easiness for the eye".

Not to me. The inner ugliness powerfully colors the whole package.

Regnad Kcin 5th September 2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213131)
See! Sources!

Down by the seashore!

varwoche 5th September 2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy (Post 13213704)
Look, I am an American but have not lived in the staes for almost a decade. Can
someone explain these weird "Boat parades" and 'trump train" things? I mean this, WTF?

I take not one bit of pleasure informing you that four or more boats sunk today at a Trump boat rally in Texas.

I take four (or more).

Aridas 5th September 2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213783)
Then maybe pass a law allowing them to set the terms of their visit.

It appears the post office had the power to deny this.

Mmm. Just like the detection facilities had the power to deny visitation by congressperson even after a law was passed that made that illegal? It's fairly likely to not be about legality.

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13213850)
Mmm. Just like the detection facilities had the power to deny visitation by congressperson even after a law was passed that made that illegal? It's fairly likely to not be about legality.

Yea, us constitution is garbage.

Aridas 5th September 2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13213855)
Yea, us constitution is garbage.

Nah. The thing about institutions is that they're only as good as the people upholding them. If the people aren't upholding the constitution, that's not the constitution's fault.

Ladewig 5th September 2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13213730)
This gif sums up the current state of the Trump campaign :D
(the close-up in the second post)

https://twitter.com/Jerri_Lynn25/sta...43607525892097

I think the Travis County Sheriff’s Office as constructed my new catchphrase
“Several boats did sink.”

Ladewig 5th September 2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13213745)

Didn’t they have an ungodly amount of money 6 or 7 months ago?

I wonder how much was legitimately or illegitimately spent on Trump owned businesses.


ETA
I found some figures in Forbes.Com.
It is in the millions not tens of millions.

The site also points out that DJT haS not donated a single dollar to his campaign.

Ladewig 5th September 2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13213730)
This gif sums up the current state of the Trump campaign :D
(the close-up in the second post)

https://twitter.com/Jerri_Lynn25/sta...43607525892097

I’m heading downtown tomorrow for the All Boats Matter protest. Who’s with me?

Delphic Oracle 5th September 2020 09:17 PM

From trawling around various threads, it seems the boats gathered near the dam end of the main channel. When that mass of boats powered upstream all at once, that's when things went bad. Hudson Bend narrows the channel significantly and takes a long 180 degree turn.

Smaller boats clung to larger party barges to soak in the music and revelry and things compacted and backed up. Those in sleeker craft zipped to and fro, getting thrills while the traffic jam sorted out. Many reports of boats breaking speed vs. distance rules in general. Anyone out on a crowded holiday weekend (let's not forget the general activity level of the lake, too) will tell you, that is not the weekend for going really fast through the main channel of a "lake" (a narrow, windy, dammed river).

By the time the tail was finally entering the bend, well, physics took over.

But, psssh, science.

Tiny craft who had waited patiently as they should (larger, less maneuverable vessels have right of way) entered a roiling, turbulent mess and several were swamped.

Arkansas Bend has a constriction as well (typical for silt to build up on inside corners of river bends) and finally Point Venture features a tight hairpin turn.

I think it's a great metaphor. The ones with the biggest, swankiest or sleekest, fastest boats and no regard for rules infringing on their freedoms left a mess in their wake (literally) that ruined everyone else's day.

Yes, that's what getting on the Trump parade is like.

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13213871)
Nah. The thing about institutions is that they're only as good as the people upholding them. If the people aren't upholding the constitution, that's not the constitution's fault.

I question if you are mistaking not upheld with Constitutional hardball.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13213889)
...

The site also points out that DJT haS not donated a single dollar to his campaign.

No one mentions that unkept promise. Trump was so rich that he would fund his own campaign and not be beholden to any donors.

:dl:

I would bet he has a serious debt and cash flow problem.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13213894)
I’m heading downtown tomorrow for the All Boats Matter protest. Who’s with me?

:thumbsup:

I'd go. How far is it? :p

TragicMonkey 5th September 2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13213920)
:thumbsup:

I'd go. How far is it? :p

It's knot far, but I can't fathom how so many buoys and gulls will be willing to get aweigh for gathering in mast, what with a pandemic that might keel them.

Stacyhs 5th September 2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13213948)
It's knot far, but I can't fathom how so many buoys and gulls will be willing to get aweigh for gathering in mast, what with a pandemic that might keel them.

I don't know if it wooden keel them oar knot, but it would surely take the wind out of their sails. Matey knot, matey yes.

smartcooky 6th September 2020 01:03 AM

Reply to post from this thread - http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post13214003

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullennz (Post 13213986)
A)I am not American

Well it doesn't apply you then does it

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullennz (Post 13213986)
B) If I was I wouldn't vote for either as they have both shown racist sexist histories.

Then you would cop out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullennz (Post 13213986)
C) I don't care who the US prez is (see A))

Well, even as a Kiwi you should, because whether or not Trump is re-elected could have an impact on whether your descendants still have a liveable world. You might not care about that, but I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullennz (Post 13213986)
D) You seem a tad into identity politics

Because I don't want to see a lying, cheating, corrupt, nepotistic, racist, misogynist, climate denying, science denying, conspiracy theorist prick holding the nuclear launch codes of the world's most powerful country does not mean I am "a tad into identity politics", it means I have plain, ordinary commonsense!

cullennz 6th September 2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13214002)
Reply to post from this thread - http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post13214003



Then you would cop out.



Well, even as a Kiwi you should, because whether or not Trump is re-elected could have an impact on whether your descendants still have a liveable world. You might not care about that, but I do.



Because I don't want to see a lying, cheating, corrupt, nepotistic, racist, misogynist, climate denying, science denying, conspiracy theorist prick holding the nuclear launch codes of the world's most powerful country does not mean I am "a tad into identity politics", it means I have plain, ordinary commonsense!

No. Because I just don't vote for sexist or racist people.

And both Trump and Biden have shown both traits.

Again no. We have had presidents who would be lucky to tie their own shoe laces (Bush jnr eg) and ones that it would be pushing it they know who they are in the last year's in office (Reagan eg). The world didn't end.

Most people don't, but they will probably vote him in again. Which while slightly irritating in a "wtf?" Kind of way. I have to admit would be amusing personally, given the catastrophic meltdown I would get to watch on here and other media outlets.

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 02:44 AM

Trump Tweets

Congratulations to the U.S. Marshals on a job well done in Portland. LAW & ORDER!

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 02:57 AM

Trump Retweets

Black Lives Matter in Dallas is marching to the jailhouse for the BLM attacker in this video. He is allegedly being held on TEN ourstanding warrants and faces 2 new assault charges for today. This is one of BLM’s canonized martyrs.

FOLLOWERS I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
BLM agitator infiltrated stage area of today’s rally then put his fist into security’s neck when being removed. @DallasPD ARRESTED THE SECURITY AGENT!! He’s been held for over 4 hours! Dallas PD not releasing security agent.
RT &DEMAND his release!!

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 02:59 AM

Trump Retweeted

LORI HENDRY
@Lrihendry
There is no responsible way to minimize the significant damage that fake news presents to American society. They are indeed the enemy of the people!

New ad by the Biden camp suggesting President Trump will deplete Social Security by 2023, receives four Pinocchios from WAPO.
FACTS MATTER.

They are eaten alive by hate for our President & his voters!
They care more about illegal immigrants than they do for American citizens!
Look no further than CA re-directing money away from US citizens to illegal immigrants.
Thank you for putting America 1st Mr. President

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 03:03 AM

Trump Retweeted

Travis Tritt
@Travistritt
Anyone who personally knew Elvis will tell you that he absolutely loved the black community and the black community loved him. It breaks my heart to see his memory tarnished this way.

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 03:04 AM

Trump Tweets

Nancy Pelosi said she got “set up” by the owner (a very good one) of a beauty parlor. If so, how will she do in negotiations against President Xi of China, President Putin of Russia, or Kim Jong Un of North Korea. Not so well, I suspect, but far better than Joe Hiden’ would do!

Captain_Swoop 6th September 2020 03:11 AM

Trump Tweets

Thank you!
Quote Tweet

Tim Wieland
@CBS4Tim
When I worked for CNN I spent months producing special coverage of the conflict between Serbia and Kosovo, including the end of the Kosovo War. That was 22 years ago. Remarkable that this step toward economic cooperation is finally being taken, decades later. twitter.com/markknoller/st…

Bloomberg QuickTake
@QuickTake
LIVE: “These things could only happen under a Trump administration … it’s happened in the Balkans, it’s happened in the Middle East.”
Ambassador Robert O' Brien talks about the “historic initiative” that has brought economic peace between Serbia and Kosovo

The Associated Press
@AP
Serbia and Kosovo announce that they have normalized economic ties as part of U.S.-brokered discussions that also include Serbia moving its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem and Kosovo recognizing Israel.

Mark Knoller
@markknoller
Pres announces major breakthrough toward normalization of economic relations between Kosovo and Serbia. Calls it a first step to overall diplomatic ties.

Armitage72 6th September 2020 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13214060)
Trump Retweeted

New ad by the Biden camp suggesting President Trump will deplete Social Security by 2023, receives four Pinocchios from WAPO.
FACTS MATTER.


Although the ad was responding to statements Trump himself made, which were later walked back because he was talking out of his ass. The ad does ignore the part where aides explained that Trump wasn't talking about an actual plan when he said “On the payroll tax, we’ll be terminating the payroll tax. After I hopefully get elected, we’ll be terminating the payroll tax.”


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.