International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

Dave Rogers 1st February 2021 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto (Post 13380205)
Who will be the Joseph Welch to Senator Joe McCarthy?

Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

Unfortunately, that requires a sense of decency to be regarded as a good thing.

Dave

dudalb 1st February 2021 12:16 PM

Decency is for wimps.

Stacyhs 1st February 2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13380949)
Decency is for wimps.

Decency is for libtards.

dudalb 1st February 2021 01:15 PM

The Trumpers seem to being going all in on defending Green.
I am seeing "Trump/Green 2024" memes all over the place.

Dragon 1st February 2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13381044)
The Trumpers seem to being going all in on defending Green.
I am seeing "Trump/Green 2024" memes all over the place.


WWG1WGA!!

Stacyhs 1st February 2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13381044)
The Trumpers seem to being going all in on defending Green.
I am seeing "Trump/Green 2024" memes all over the place.

Am I still not allowed to say they're stupid?

gregthehammer 1st February 2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 13381104)
WWG1WGA!!

Yeah, well, where I go 1 sometimes i also go 2

dudalb 1st February 2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381166)
Am I still not allowed to say they're stupid?

They have gone beyond stupidity.

Lurch 1st February 2021 04:45 PM

How do the GOP reconcile this? Senators say an impeachment trial is unconstitutional because T**** is out of office. But the deplorables say he really won.

dudalb 1st February 2021 04:48 PM

Democrats move against Taylor Green:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/polit...nts/index.html

Win Win for the Dems,They suceed, MTG is margnizlized, they fail, they have made the GOP go on record defending MTG and her insanity which will play horribly with the swing surbrugan voters. what's not to like for the Dems?

Stacyhs 1st February 2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13381298)
Democrats move against Taylor Green:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/polit...nts/index.html

Win Win for the Dems,They suceed, MTG is margnizlized, they fail, they have made the GOP go on record defending MTG and her insanity which will play horribly with the swing surbrugan voters. what's not to like for the Dems?

Quote:

Greene herself warned Monday that the precedent could be used against Democrats in the future. "If Democrats remove me from my committees, I can assure them that the precedent they are setting will be used extensively against members on their side once we regain the majority after the 2022 elections," she tweeted.
Good! If any Democrat said such disgusting things, I'd want them thrown off any committees. In fact, I'd want them thrown out of Congress.

dudalb 1st February 2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381318)
Good! If any Democrat said such disgusting things, I'd want them thrown off any committees. In fact, I'd want them thrown out of Congress.

Actually they are not trying to expel Green, just strip her of her comitee assigments..education in particular.
The beauty of this for the Dems is they eighter force the GOP to move against one of their own, or they force the GOP to publically defend, in front of God and everybody, MTG's insanity.Win Win situation if ever there was one.

pgwenthold 1st February 2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 13381296)
How do the GOP reconcile this? Senators say an impeachment trial is unconstitutional because T**** is out of office. But the deplorables say he really won.

The unconstitutional defense is fundamentally really silly

1) It's obviously NOT unconstitutional. The authority of the senate to have an impeachment trial on someone who is already out of office was established in the 1800s. That precedent is set. How can someone now claim it's not constitutional?

2) Oh, but the senate decides what is and what isn't constitutional, right? So if the senate determines it is not constitutional, then it isn't.

Fair enough. So hold a vote in the senate to ask the question, "Is it constitutional?" And if the Senate votes yes, it is, then, yes it is. Note that doesn't take a 2/3 majority to pass that question.

Now that the senate has determined that it is constitutional, you can vote on the impeachment charges. The "it's not constitutional" objection is gone, because the Senate has decided that it is constitutional. Therefore, you have to vote on the charges at hand.

Stacyhs 1st February 2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13381322)
Actually they are not trying to expel Green, just strip her of her comitee assigments..education in particular.
The beauty of this for the Dems is they eighter force the GOP to move against one of their own, or they force the GOP to publically defend, in front of God and everybody, MTG's insanity.Win Win situation if ever there was one.

I understand that. I'm pointing out the empty threat in her tweet. Let this set a precedent. Any Democrat who made such disgusting statements would probably never be elected in the first place and if, by some rare chance was, would not be embraced by fellow Democrats. I cannot think of a single equivalent case of a Democrat. Can anyone else?

Stacyhs 1st February 2021 05:44 PM

McConnell has stated that "Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country. Somebody who's suggest that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, hat horrifying school shooting were pre-staged, and the the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality."

Norman Alexander 1st February 2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381345)
McConnell has stated that "Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country. Somebody who's suggest that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, hat horrifying school shooting were pre-staged, and the the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality."

A fairly "uncoded" warning directly to the party to dumb down or at least silence this sort of counter-productive behaviour.

RecoveringYuppy 1st February 2021 06:26 PM

Deleted. Got something wrong. Will be back.

trustbutverify 1st February 2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381166)
Am I still not allowed to say they're stupid?

That's right, you entitled elitist neo-liberal snob. You're still not allowed.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381345)
McConnell has stated that "Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country. Somebody who's suggest that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, hat horrifying school shooting were pre-staged, and the the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality."

And so the battle-lines are drawn between the McConnell Republicans and the Q-Republicans. Not attacking Trump directly, but those associated with his perceived reality.

Modified 1st February 2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13381366)
A fairly "uncoded" warning directly to the party to dumb down or at least silence this sort of counter-productive behaviour.


Dumb down?

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13381322)
Actually they are not trying to expel Green, just strip her of her comitee assigments..education in particular.
The beauty of this for the Dems is they eighter force the GOP to move against one of their own, or they force the GOP to publically defend, in front of God and everybody, MTG's insanity.Win Win situation if ever there was one.

Civil war in the Republican Party. Delicious.

TragicMonkey 1st February 2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381345)
McConnell has stated that "Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country. Somebody who's suggest that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, hat horrifying school shooting were pre-staged, and the the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality."

Oh, dear, poor McConnell: those fleas from the dogs he lay with finally got to biting him.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381318)
Good! If any Democrat said such disgusting things, I'd want them thrown off any committees. In fact, I'd want them thrown out of Congress.

I've heard that Obama hates white people. Not directly from Obama, though.

RecoveringYuppy 1st February 2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 13381412)
I've heard that Obama hates white people. Not directly from Obama, though.

The things Taylor Green is being judged on come direct from her own mouth though.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13381411)
Oh, dear, poor McConnell: those fleas from the dogs he lay with finally got to biting him.

Having failed to draw the line at Tea Party entryism he's obliged to draw it now, further down the rabbit-hole. Sadly, given the system, McConnell's powers of obstruction remain pretty substantial.

trustbutverify 1st February 2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13381411)
Oh, dear, poor McConnell: those fleas from the dogs he lay with finally got to biting him.

He better hire extra security. Those dogs and their fleas may have something more dangerous than biting in mind.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy (Post 13381413)
The things Taylor Green is being judged on come direct from her own mouth though.

Quite.

I've heard "Merry Xmas!" from Obama's own mouth, but never from Taylor Green's. Make of that what you will.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13381419)
He better hire extra security. Those dogs and their fleas may have something more dangerous than biting in mind.

I hear Pence is joining a very remote Greek Latin monastery which prohibits female livestock, let alone women, and the Kushners are off to a new life in a West Bank settlement.

bam 1st February 2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 13381436)
I hear Pence is joining a very remote Greek Latin monastery which prohibits female livestock, let alone women, and the Kushners are off to a new life in a West Bank settlement.

Waiting for openings on the jewish space lasers?

Lurch 1st February 2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381343)
I understand that. I'm pointing out the empty threat in her tweet. Let this set a precedent. Any Democrat who made such disgusting statements would probably never be elected in the first place and if, by some rare chance was, would not be embraced by fellow Democrats. I cannot think of a single equivalent case of a Democrat. Can anyone else?

In the fever addled brainpans of the Goopers and deplorables, AOC's progr--I mean leftist musings and mootings are far more horrifying. Or so they might claim.

zorro99 1st February 2021 08:35 PM

MTG would be carrying signs and muttering to herself on street corners if not for the internet.

trustbutverify 1st February 2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 13381436)
I hear Pence is joining a very remote Greek Latin monastery which prohibits female livestock, let alone women, and the Kushners are off to a new life in a West Bank settlement.

The West Bank of Florida, maybe.

trustbutverify 1st February 2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro99 (Post 13381472)
MTG would be carrying signs and muttering to herself on street corners if not for the internet.

I'm confident she won't let the internet stop her.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13381473)
The West Bank of Florida, maybe.

Somebody must be running a death-pool on those to blame for Trump's defeat. If I were the Jew in the pot I'd want to be a lot further away than Florida, frankly. Time to call in a favour or two from Bibi, and Kushner has raised a lot of money for Israeli settlements. He must like them in principle.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13381475)
I'm confident she won't let the internet stop her.

Cheap paperbacks brought us brilliant sci-fi, great popular science, Scientology, and Chariots of the Gods. The internet's just the latest thing.

Regnad Kcin 1st February 2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 13381176)
Yeah, well, where I go 1 sometimes i also go 2

Nommed.

Regnad Kcin 1st February 2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 13381405)
And so the battle-lines are drawn between the McConnell Republicans and the Q-Republicans. Not attacking Trump directly, but those associated with his perceived reality.

Nerf guns?

TJM 1st February 2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13381343)
I understand that. I'm pointing out the empty threat in her tweet. Let this set a precedent. Any Democrat who made such disgusting statements would probably never be elected in the first place and if, by some rare chance was, would not be embraced by fellow Democrats. I cannot think of a single equivalent case of a Democrat. Can anyone else?

Cynthia McKinney, but that was a long time back.

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 13381468)
In the fever addled brainpans of the Goopers and deplorables, AOC's progr--I mean leftist musings and mootings are far more horrifying. Or so they might claim.

On which subject, Biden and Harris are about to send antifa into the suburbs to destroy their communities (so recently rescued from said destruction by Trump), so what's being done about that? Any word from Trump on strategy? Or on anything?

CapelDodger 1st February 2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJM (Post 13381495)
Cynthia McKinney, but that was a long time back.

Not something that sprang to mind, but in future it will. :cool:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.