International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation Trumpís Coup - Part 2 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348820)

Meadmaker 7th January 2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13351508)
So ******* what? Do it and put those who vote no on record as traitors!

I learned a very long time ago that forcing people to go on record is a very good strategy, if you expect to win. If not, people will line up against you. I never did it on a national stage, but just in small time politics at clubs and offices. If people don't want to go on record, they will resent being forced to go on record.



What to do all depends on a lot of back stage conversations that are going on right now. If they can get him out early, I want him gone today, if it could be done. I just don't want his last act in office to be winning another fight with Pelosi.

dudalb 7th January 2021 12:48 PM

Thye already identified the guy in Pelosi's office. He is going to get a call from the FBI real soon.

Meadmaker 7th January 2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13351564)
He has to be held accountable for inciting the riot; the rioters, the insurrectionists, have to be held accountable for breaching the Capitol building. This must happen for the good of our nation, or we just hold up our hands, and shrug our shoulders to mob, and mobster rule.

This is it, right now, right here.

I agree, but he is only held accountable if he loses the vote. If he wins it, he wins. If you can get all the Democrats and 17 Republicans to sign on, go for it. Or if Pence plus half of the cabinet sign on to getting rid of him, all the better.

ponderingturtle 7th January 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 13351548)
Well Mitch has probably made himself into a perceived enemy of Trump as he argued against failing to accept Biden. And some GOP senators will probably not appreciate Trump putting them in harm's way.

They might be thinking it's time to dump him. And using the 25th, pretend his actions are a surprising development and he was perfectly fit for office before this..

I think they are too afraid of putting a trumpist target on their backs. Easier to wait out the clock on not have to go on record either way.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge (Post 13351322)
"It's a revolution" she says. In a wounded tone which implies the authorities who maced her fail to grasp this. I mean, you're not supposed to oppose a revolution, are you? The revolution* is the goodies.

*Oh but not, like, communist revolutionaries, or anything icky like that, obvs. They are the baddies. No, just nice revolutionaries. Regular, commonsense people who only want to drag the vice president out of the building and string him up from a lamp post.

That is icky and so wrong! These folk are way classier than that. Need I remind you that they LARPed some actual gallows?
Attachment 43931

JoeMorgue 7th January 2021 12:51 PM

New: The FBI is seeking public help tracking down people involved in riot at the Capital.
Me On Phone to FBI: Yeah his name is Donald Trump. Mid-70s, orange combover, bad fitting suit. He lives on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC, don't remember the exact address but it's the Big White House, can't miss it.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351467)
Pelosi demands the President be immediately removed under the 25th Amendment or else the House will impeach.

Why not both?

pgwenthold 7th January 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 13351212)
In Elizebeth's case, she seems affronted and utterly surprised that she was maced, so I think AnonyMoose is accurate.

Where bravado crosses with stupidity.

And with guns.

White privilege

DevilsAdvocate 7th January 2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13351569)
Thye already identified the guy in Pelosi's office. He is going to get a call from the FBI real soon.

Graham says he is committed to making sure every single person is caught and charged. He says he will require weekly updates from DOJ until that happens. Congress will provide anything needed. Money is no object. Any resources needed will be provided. He says charges of sedition are possible.

DevilsAdvocate 7th January 2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicaug (Post 13351584)
Why not both?

Only need one. The 25th is faster and easier. Going for that option first.

dudalb 7th January 2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351588)
Graham says he is committed to making sure every single person is caught and charged. He says he will require weekly updates from DOJ until that happens. Congress will provide anything needed. Money is no object. Any resources needed will be provided. He says charges of sedition are possible.

Graham has no power whatsover in this except to jawbone.

pgwenthold 7th January 2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge (Post 13351322)
"It's a revolution" she says. In a wounded tone which implies the authorities who maced her fail to grasp this. I mean, you're not supposed to oppose a revolution, are you? The revolution* is the goodies.

*Oh but not, like, communist revolutionaries, or anything icky like that, obvs. They are the baddies. No, just nice revolutionaries. Regular, commonsense people who only want to drag the vice president out of the building and string him up from a lamp post.

Americans just love revolutions! We celebrate the 4th of July every year. Now that was a beautiful revolution. Great people. Great patriots. They had great hair. A lot of people don't realize they were just wigs. That's what they called their political party - wigs. Because they wore wigs. A lot if people don't know that.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadmaker (Post 13351476)
While I feel this is appropriate, I still think it's a stupid thing to do if they aren't sure of the votes to convict.

I hope they have the votes to convict, but I doubt it.

No. We should want this. The Republicans are about to start a faction, on the 20th of January, that will be gaslighting the country by saying that they were taking principled stands against Trump all along. If we have impeachment proceedings & the proceedings fail to convict, these future retroactive Trump dissidents will start out by having most of their names on the list of politicians voting against impeachment. This being on the public record is a good thing.

Resume 7th January 2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadmaker (Post 13351572)
I agree, but he is only held accountable if he loses the vote. If he wins it, he wins. If you can get all the Democrats and 17 Republicans to sign on, go for it. Or if Pence plus half of the cabinet sign on to getting rid of him, all the better.

We all lose if we do nothing. It's a simple as that. If impeachment fails, that failure is entirely the fault of Trump's enablers, who should be excoriated with the same tenacity and ferocity that these thugs used to create the conspiratorial distrust of the electoral process in the first place. They must be exposed to be just as complicit in all of this as Trump.

Jimmy Carter, long considered by many to be the worst President in modern history - though not to be outdone, Trump burped, "Hold my diet Coke" - said just today:

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Earl Carter
Having observed elections in troubled democracies wordlwide, I know that we the people can unite to walk back from this precipice to peacefully uphold the laws of our nation, and we must.

We must.

lomiller 7th January 2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351591)
Only need one. The 25th is faster and easier. Going for that option first.

Impeachment could also be used to prevent him from holding office again, while I don't think the 25th would block him from running if he's still alive to run in 2024.

Norman Alexander 7th January 2021 01:08 PM

Revoke Trump's passport. RIGHT NOW. He is an extreme flight risk.

JoeMorgue 7th January 2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13351605)
Revoke Trump's passport. RIGHT NOW. He is an extreme flight risk.

You really think his passport is a factor in that?

He's the President.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13351496)
Republicans growing a spine? They don't believe in evolution so will refuse to do so.

Changing your tune the moment you are personally threatened (one's physical safety, in this case) is not the same thing as "growing a spine".

Norman Alexander 7th January 2021 01:11 PM

Also, Trump can be removed via the 25th and impeached, even after his term is over. They are not mutually exclusive.

acbytesla 7th January 2021 01:11 PM

I'm not confident that Trump's cabinet will invoke the 25th Amendment because the people on his cabinet who would be likely to vote for it keep resigning. Elaine Chao DOT Secretary and McConnell's wife just resigned. If there were the votes to invoke it, I doubt she would have resigned.

Norman Alexander 7th January 2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13351606)
You really think his passport is a factor in that?

He's the President.

Not when he gets to another country he isn't.

Nessie 7th January 2021 01:12 PM

Trump not that long ago ordered the forceable removal of peaceful protestors from outside a church, which included the police assault of a TV news crew. Other politicians stood by and did nothing about that. But when Trump incites an attack on them, finally the politicians get it and start to act.

The lesson is none of those politicians are really for the people, it is only really about them.

DevilsAdvocate 7th January 2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13351593)
Graham has no power whatsover in this except to jawbone.

He is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. He can get things done, especially if he has the support of Congress and he will have that support.

slyjoe 7th January 2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351615)
He is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. He can get things done, especially if he has the support of Congress and he will have that support.

He will not be the chairman for much longer.

Vixen 7th January 2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351467)
Pelosi demands the President be immediately removed under the 25th Amendment or else the House will impeach.

Is she still sulking about that yob's feet on her desk?

TJM 7th January 2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13351612)
Not when he gets to another country he isn't.

Vlad probably has a plane on standby in Havana.

Resume 7th January 2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 13351628)
Is she still sulking about that yob's feet on her desk?

I would be, and since he's already identified, I expect him to be in custody sometime today, his boots traded for jail clogs. Extra points for arraignment video of him shackled around the waist.

You can tell I haven't been thinking about this very much.

DevilsAdvocate 7th January 2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13351621)
He will not be the chairman for much longer.

Well, he'll be the ranking member (tee hee). He can still get stuff done on this issue.

acbytesla 7th January 2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351615)
He is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. He can get things done, especially if he has the support of Congress and he will have that support.

No, he's the ranking member. Or at least he will be when the new Senators from Georgia are sworn in.

Ninja'd by DA.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf (Post 13350432)
already answered. An attempt to take control of the powers of Government by the insurrectionists, for example declaring that they were now the US congress and holding votes on which electors to accept.

I'm going to guess that you'd consider the 1981 Spanish coup attempt not a coup since the "guardia civiles" who came into the Spanish Congress of Deputies wasted their time shouting and shooting at the ceiling rather than legislating and carrying other government functions. Those guys passed zero laws and the actual exercise of government functions by parliamentarians was merely suspended, after all.

DevilsAdvocate 7th January 2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 13351628)
Is she still sulking about that yob's feet on her desk?

She is sulking about members of Congress sheltering just feet away from the mob and staff and family members and children hiding under desks while terrorists tried to break down the door.

cosmicaug 7th January 2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13351651)
She is sulking about members of Congress sheltering just feet away from the mob and staff and family members and children hiding under desks while terrorists tried to break down the door.

When you put it that way it makes it sound kind of bad.

dudalb 7th January 2021 01:39 PM

The idiot who wore his work badge has been fired by the Maryland Company who employed him.

TIme to revive a song written when pretty much the same thing happened in Charlottesville:

"If your're a Nazi and you know it, clap your hands
If your're a Nazi and you know it, clap your hands
You got spotted in a mob
Now you've lost your ******* job
If your're a Nazi and you know it clap your hands".

Pixel42 7th January 2021 01:40 PM

Is it true that if Trump is impeached and convicted he won't get the usual pension and other ex President perks?

Resume 7th January 2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13351656)
The idiot who wore his work badge has been fired by the Maryland Company who employed him.

TIme to revive a song written when pretty much the same thing happened in Charlottesville:

"If your're a Nazi and you know it, clap your hands
If your're a Nazi and you know it, clap your hands
You got spotted in a mob
Now you've lost your ******* job
If your're a Nazi and you know it clap your hands".

Now, arrest him.

Skeptic Ginger 7th January 2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13351566)
No, it's not. All it takes is it to be invoked and Congress being unwilling to address it. They can keep it being pushed to a vote in Congress for effectively 25 days. By which time Biden will be POTUS anyway.

In 25 days a truly incompetent POTUS can do a lot of damage. Anything less than immediate removal from office is useless.

So how is the 25th useful?:boggled:

Meadmaker 7th January 2021 01:43 PM

I just read the 25th amendment. It's not the right way to go. It still requires a 2/3 vote of not just the Senate, but also the House. Because of the timing, it might be that he could be removed temporarily, and then the clock runs out during the "temporary" portion, although I'm not sure how to interpret the amendment to be sure.

The bigger reason not to do it is that isn't what the amendment is for. It was for cases where the President isn't dead, but has a medical problem that prevents him from carrying out his duties. I think insanity might qualify and be applicable to this case, but that's a tough sell. If he emerges from the cocoon and appears sane, the 25th isn't going to fly.

If you are going to do the right thing, impeachment is it.

dudalb 7th January 2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13351605)
Revoke Trump's passport. RIGHT NOW. He is an extreme flight risk.

Hell no. If he wants to flee the country, let him. Good riddence to Bad garbage.
Same attitude Lincoln had toward Jefferson Davis.

dudalb 7th January 2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13351661)
Now, arrest him.

he is not a high priority, he was just a moronic follower, the people the FBI will go after are the ring leaders and higher ups...like the guy in Pelosi's office.

acbytesla 7th January 2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13351662)
In 25 days a truly incompetent POTUS can do a lot of damage. Anything less than immediate removal from office is useless.

So how is the 25th useful?:boggled:

Because during that entire time Pence would be POTUS and Trump would have no authority whatsoever.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.