International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Million Maga March on DC Saturday.. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347910)

dudalb 12th November 2020 07:58 PM

Million Maga March on DC Saturday..

The Usual suspects, including Alex Jones.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...waa-story.html

I think the main aim of this is to provoke a response from counterdemonstrators, provoking violence. I hope the BLM and others will not take the pain, but the chances of that are low.

Thermal 12th November 2020 08:17 PM

First bracket is messed up on that last url at the end of your link. Right before the backslash, four characters in from the right

The Great Zaganza 12th November 2020 08:21 PM

..and if no violent Anti-fa, BLM can be found, I'm sure the Proud Boys will play-act as some.

Mumbles 12th November 2020 08:49 PM

DC police have mostly done a good job of keeping these groups separate - and it helps a great deal that white supremacist rallies in DC know they're deep into hostile territory. At most a few of them will rush out beyond police protection, and then get beaten down.

dudalb 12th November 2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13293070)
..and if no violent Anti-fa, BLM can be found, I'm sure the Proud Boys will play-act as some.

Buit, frankly, they have not had to.
Sorry, but it stupid to deny that some on the left are looking for a confrontration for the same motivies as the Proud boys...publicity.

The Great Zaganza 12th November 2020 09:39 PM

not saying there has been no public confrontation between antifa and violent facists.

but we now know that many of the acts of violence and arson attributed to the "radical left" were the work of "false-flag" violent right-wingers.

Beelzebuddy 12th November 2020 09:54 PM

Yeah they're not even coming into the city, but "stationed outside":

https://www.mediamatters.org/infowar...ngage-violence

I presume they tried to dogwhistle the DC police and were told to **** off, and without a line of racist cops to hide behind they're too chicken to follow through.

acbytesla 12th November 2020 10:13 PM

It would be a mistake to try and confront these whackos. Let them have their day and go home. Cause you just know they will be looking for a chance to gin up some violence.

Skeptic Ginger 12th November 2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermal (Post 13293069)
First bracket is messed up on that last url at the end of your link. Right before the backslash, four characters in from the right

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...waa-story.html
Quote:

Conservatives will travel from South Florida to Washington, D.C., on Saturday to back President Donald Trump’s quest to prove Democrats stole the election from him through fraud.

A march will include about 250 members of the right-wing Proud Boys group from around the country, and promoters include the Republican National Hispanic Assembly of Florida, with nine chapters around the state.

Enrique Tarrio, the Miami-based chairman of the Proud Boys, spoke about the plans to the South Florida Sun Sentinel on Thursday and also rebutted claims of a leadership coup within his organization.

Mumbles 12th November 2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13293151)
It would be a mistake to try and confront these whackos. Let them have their day and go home. Cause you just know they will be looking for a chance to gin up some violence.

Nah, that's when they start running around and attacking random people going about their business (eg. Unite the Right). When they face larger groups and especially a PD that doesn't treat them as brothers in arms (Portland cops I'm looking at you), they invariably scurry off almost immediately and cry on whatever nazi-infested site they're using now.

dudalb 12th November 2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Confrontation and publicty is exactly what these morons want.

acbytesla 12th November 2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbles (Post 13293161)
Nah, that's when they start running around and attacking random people going about their business (eg. Unite the Right). When they face larger groups and especially a PD that doesn't treat them as brothers in arms (Portland cops I'm looking at you), they invariably scurry off almost immediately and cry on whatever nazi-infested site they're using now.

Heres the thing. If they do that without an opposition they can blame violence on, it makes them look bad. It makes it impossible to get any real public support. Trump lost and the march doesn't change that. Trump supporters today are losers in more ways than one. A march to say he won is utterly delusional.

Stacyhs 12th November 2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13293163)

I agree. Let them look like the fools they are strutting around in their MAGA hats, macho cammo outfits and guns and waving their Trump, US and Stars and Bars flags. Don't give them the time of day and just ignore them as undeserving of attention.

acbytesla 12th November 2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13293163)

Yep. Don't give it to them.

dudalb 12th November 2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13293174)
I agree. Let them look like the fools they are strutting around in their MAGA hats, macho cammo outfits and guns and waving their Trump, US and Stars and Bars flags. Don't give them the time of day and just ignore them as undeserving of attention.

Pay them no attention excpet to laugh at them.

dudalb 12th November 2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13293172)
Heres the thing. If they do that without an opposition they can blame violence on, it makes them look bad. It makes it impossible to get any real public support. Trump lost and the march doesn't change that. Trump supporters today are losers in more ways than one. A march to say he won is utterly delusional.

Besides, I think the DC police can stop any hoodlumism by the Marching Morons.
9And, yes, I am referencing the Kornbluth sci fi novel of that name).

Stacyhs 12th November 2020 10:59 PM

:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13293184)
Pay them no attention excpet to laugh at them.

:thumbsup:

8enotto 12th November 2020 11:48 PM

Does DC allow open carry of firearms or respect Florida concealed carry permits?

I would guess that would be the first problems they find in DC if they tried.

Norman Alexander 13th November 2020 12:04 AM

From the article referenced above:
Quote:

A march will include about 250 members of the right-wing Proud Boys group from around the country, and promoters include the Republican National Hispanic Assembly of Florida, with nine chapters around the state [of Florida?].
So...259 people, then? I suspect there will be many thousands more than that coming to Washington just to see the Smithsonian museums and other sights. In fact, I suspect there will be more street-sweepers and taco-trucks than that.

So these nitwits will be lost in the crowd.

Shadowdweller 13th November 2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy (Post 13293140)
Yeah they're not even coming into the city, but "stationed outside":

https://www.mediamatters.org/infowar...ngage-violence

DC had a 93+% vote rate for Biden, sooo.....

Stacyhs 13th November 2020 01:51 AM

What would be funny is if people just turned their backs on them as they walked by.

Mumbles 13th November 2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13293172)

No, the point is these guys are cowards. They're ready for some glorious confrontation of bloodshed and blah blah blah. Instead, they're confronted by a group that could easily swarm them and beat them all into the pavement - but are instead just dancing and making sure they don't wreck any BLM-related artwork.

End result? They still look absurd, nobody gets hurt - either by the white nationalists that love Dolt 45, or by the idiot pseudo-anarchists that may decide to show up and break some windows.

Armitage72 13th November 2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13293184)
Pay them no attention except to laugh at them.

There was a video I saw recently of a group of KKK members marching down the street toward a rally. Someone was walking on the sidewalk next to them loudly playing comical music on a tuba or sousaphone. Even the Imperial March sounds funny played by a single tuba.

EDIT: Found it.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

pgwenthold 13th November 2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13293274)
What would be funny is if people just turned their backs on them as they walked by.

It's not like there aren't protests of some sort going on in DC on the Memorial Mall and in front of the White House, like, constantly.

DC residents are used to ignoring protests.

pgwenthold 13th November 2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13293528)
There was a video I saw recently of a group of KKK members marching down the street toward a rally. Someone was walking on the sidewalk next to them loudly playing comical music on a tuba or sousaphone. Even the Imperial March sounds funny played by a single tuba.

EDIT: Found it.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I thought it was Stewie Griffin

I AGREE

But yeah, pretty much.

Craig4 13th November 2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8enotto (Post 13293201)
Does DC allow open carry of firearms or respect Florida concealed carry permits?

I would guess that would be the first problems they find in DC if they tried.

No and no. DC has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. They don't honor any other state's permits (to include Maryland and Virginia). You can't even pass through DC with an unregistered firearm. Open carry in DC and you're likely to get shot. I'm kind of guessing that DC cops won't have any issues with busting a cap on a white supremacist.

sackett 13th November 2020 08:03 AM

Trumpt should do an Andy Jackson and invite them all into the WH.

I'm trying to picture it too. Grow. Tesk.

Thermal 13th November 2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13293540)
No and no. DC has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. They don't honor any other state's permits (to include Maryland and Virginia). You can't even pass through DC with an unregistered firearm. Open carry in DC and you're likely to get shot. I'm kind of guessing that DC cops won't have any issues with busting a cap on a white supremacist.

No-carry is true for a lot of major cities, but doubly so for the District, I suspect. Something about ease of assassination of the nation's leaders.

Horatius 13th November 2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackett (Post 13293545)
Trumpt should do an Andy Jackson and invite them all into the WH.

I'm trying to picture it too. Grow. Tesk.

It would probably be even more of a **** show than we can imagine.

Which means he should do it. It would be the perfect capstone on the pyramid of nonsense that was his presidency.

sackett 13th November 2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13293591)
It would probably be even more of a **** show than we can imagine.

Which means he should do it. It would be the perfect capstone on the pyramid of nonsense that was his presidency.

I wasn't serious. The WH is public property, and contains a lot of valuable antiques that

That may be cheap replicas put in place by Melancholia and others while the originals are on their way to market.

God damn my imagination!

timhau 13th November 2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackett (Post 13293598)
I wasn't serious. The WH is public property, and contains a lot of valuable antiques that

That may be cheap replicas put in place by Melancholia and others while the originals are on their way to market.

God damn my imagination!

Do you really think Melanoma would recognize any non shiny items as valuable?

Horatius 13th November 2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackett (Post 13293598)
I wasn't serious.

Just because you weren't serious doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Dr. Keith 13th November 2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13293208)
From the article referenced above:So...259 people, then?

A million MAGA march of 259 people. I think we found out why they think Trump won: numbers are hard.

dudalb 13th November 2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13293533)
It's not like there aren't protests of some sort going on in DC on the Memorial Mall and in front of the White House, like, constantly.

DC residents are used to ignoring protests.

Lafayeete park across from the White House is pretty much inhabited by protestors 24/7. It's sort of the American answer to Speaker's corner in Hyde park in London.

Crossbow 13th November 2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 13293812)
A million MAGA march of 259 people. I think we found out why they think Trump won: numbers are hard.

The numbers are not hard at all!

I sure will be showing up because I am such a great Trump supporter.

So that all that they need is another 999,741 to show up as well.

;)

pgwenthold 13th November 2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13293831)
Lafayeete park across from the White House is pretty much inhabited by protestors 24/7. It's sort of the American answer to Speaker's corner in Hyde park in London.

Hasn't there been one protest going on in front of the White House that has been there (with at least one person present) since the 80s? Or maybe it was even the 60s.

Armitage72 13th November 2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13293843)
Hasn't there been one protest going on in front of the White House that has been there (with at least one person present) since the 80s? Or maybe it was even the 60s.

White House Peace Vigil, maintained by William Thomas and Concepción Picciotto from 1981 until his death in 2009 and her death in 2016, and by various volunteers since then.

Cain 13th November 2020 01:13 PM

I wish I could be there.
With a gun.
To protect everyone.
From the liberals.
Who are unarmed.
And must die.

alfaniner 13th November 2020 01:35 PM

I wonder if they'll be marching down "Black Lives Matter" Avenue.

Armitage72 13th November 2020 04:21 PM

They strike again. K-Pop fans are apparently flooding the Million MAGA March Twitter account with pictures of pancakes. Why pancakes? I have no idea.