International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

gypsyjackson 2nd February 2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13382159)
lindsey Graham "I rode down with her going to GA. Had a very pleasant experience. I want to hear from her. Before I want to judge what to do about her I want to know what the facts are. If these are not accurate postings they've been manipulated, I'd like to know that.

Reporter: She’s on video.

Graham "She’ll have to tell me is it accurate, I dunno, I haven’t seen the video, what’s accurate, what’s not. What position do you have today. And if your position is different today why?"

Vid in link
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1356665020554366978

Another top quality senator declined to comment on the stuff she’s been saying because travelling in winter means you can’t keep up with current affairs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Tuberville
Travel in this weather it's been a little rough looking at any news or whatever.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tommy...b684e5709df7cb

Stacyhs 3rd February 2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Parker Molloy
@ParkerMolloy
·
5h
Replying to
@ParkerMolloy
Tuberville has to be one of the dumbest people to ever hold elected office. Can’t believe there are people who voted for that dope over the guy who famously prosecuted the Birmingham church bombing.
I think I see the problem: it's Alabama.

smartcooky 3rd February 2021 02:27 AM

Quote:

Parker Molloy
@ParkerMolloy
·
5h
Replying to
@ParkerMolloy
Tuberville has to be one of the dumbest people to ever hold elected office. Can’t believe there are people who voted for that dope over the guy who famously prosecuted the Birmingham church bombing.
IMO, its a close run thing between he and Louis Gohmert!

Darat 3rd February 2021 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13382941)
Another top quality senator declined to comment on the stuff she’s been saying because travelling in winter means you can’t keep up with current affairs.

When the Pony Express is struggling you cant blame the politicians, not like there is some magic invisible instantaneous way for news to be distributed!

catsmate 3rd February 2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13382656)
Can't help wondering what she thinks about gay people.

Mealy mouthed. She doesn't advocate death camps (yet) but wants to remove protections and is more subtle in her homphobia then her various other prejudices. She's violently transphobic, managing to hate and fear transfolk (a drag was described by her as "an abomination) while also denying they exist.

trustbutverify 3rd February 2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13382941)

That rockets him to first place on my unintentionally hilarious acts of cowardice scorecard.

Skeptic Ginger 3rd February 2021 11:20 AM

House is going to vote tomorrow to bounce her from the committees* she's been assigned to.

*not sure if she's on more committees than just the education committee; not interested enough to look it up.

Resume 3rd February 2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13383455)
House is going to vote tomorrow to bounce her from the committees* she's been assigned to.

*not sure if she's on more committees than just the education committee; not interested enough to look it up.

Budget committee as well.

ponderingturtle 3rd February 2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13383455)

But then how will Americas children learn about Jewish space lasers? Clearly fighting those was the true purpose of spaceforce!

dudalb 3rd February 2021 02:03 PM

Huge failure of leadership by McCarthy.

dudalb 3rd February 2021 03:19 PM

McCarthy just announced there will be no actions against Green.
Man, the Dems laid a trap for him and the fool walked right into it.Now the GOP must won Jewish Space Lasers.

Skeptic Ginger 3rd February 2021 03:32 PM

The GOP wants a compromise, what's wrong with those Democrats they won't compromise on someone who threatened to or agreed with other people who threatened to kill Democratic legislators.

POLITICO Playbook PM: Hoyer to McCarthy: No deal on QAnon congresswoman
Quote:

During a private phone call around lunch time, House Majority Leader STENY HOYER rejected Minority Leader KEVIN MCCARTHY’S proposal to remove the QAnon supporter from only one of her two committee posts. As we first reported this morning, McCarthy was making a last-ditch attempt to stave off a floor vote that would force the GOP to go on record about the Georgia Republican’s fate.

Still, the offer wasn’t exactly appealing: We hear that McCarthy insisted that if Democrats removed Greene from the Education and Labor panel, Republicans would want to put her on another committee. No wonder Hoyer said no....
They all do it, of course, those Democrats are the same... :rolleyes:
Quote:

Republicans, our Democratic sources tell us, didn’t help their case when they started threatening retaliation against Democratic members. Rep. BRIAN BABIN (R-Texas) on Tuesday proposed removing Rep. ILHAN OMAR (D-Minn.) from the committee on foreign affairs, presumably because of her past statements about Israel and American Jews. This angered Democratic leaders.

BazBear 3rd February 2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13382958)
I think I see the problem: it's Alabama.

Well Tommy did win the SEC championship while head coach of Auburn, and you know how they love their football down in 'Bama.

He might keep up with events better if he'd watch something besides ESPN and the SEC Network.

Stacyhs 3rd February 2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BazBear (Post 13383902)
Well Tommy did win the SEC championship while head coach of Auburn, and you know how they love their football down in 'Bama.

He might keep up with events better if he'd watch something besides ESPN and the SEC Network.

I think Tommy got hit in the head by an errant football one too many times.

dudalb 3rd February 2021 06:27 PM

Rick Wilson ,LIncoln Project leader, just said on CNN that Taylor Green is now the effective leader of the Republicans in the houst, and that democrates should be popping open the champagne at that prospect.

Stacyhs 3rd February 2021 08:08 PM

The QOP actually stood and applauded for MTG. They make no attempt to even hide their bigotry any more. Unbelievable.

portlandatheist 3rd February 2021 08:30 PM

This CNN article nails it
Quote:

He is paralyzed into indecision because a) he doesn't want to lose the Party's big-dollar donors (the vast majority of which side with McConnell and against Greene) and b) he knows that a sizable chunk of his House conference is more in line, ideologically and tonally, with Greene than with McConnell or Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney.
McCarthy needs the major donors to finance the 2022 midterm campaign that he hopes will return Republicans to the majority and propel him to the speaker job. And/but he needs the support of the Trump wing -- as represented by Greene -- in order to wind up as speaker, and not face a challenge from the likes of Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio or some other Trumpy Republican member.
And so, he didn't know which side to take. So he took neither. And in so doing, almost certainly pissed off both sides of the equation
McCarthy is a coward. There is clearly a schism in the party with orthodox Republicans like Cheney on one side, and Trumpers on the other and then there are those that try to play both sides like McCarthy and Cruz who will fail miserably. The only person that appears to have any competence at threading that needle seems to be Moscow Mitch

Mumbles 3rd February 2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13383810)
The GOP wants a compromise, what's wrong with those Democrats they won't compromise on someone who threatened to or agreed with other people who threatened to kill Democratic legislators.

POLITICO Playbook PM: Hoyer to McCarthy: No deal on QAnon congresswoman

They all do it, of course, those Democrats are the same... :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder.

Um...what statements about American Jews? Only person I recall really being nasty towards them is Toupee Fiasco (naturally), who said that Benjamen Netenyahu was their prime minister.

Rep. Omar's criticised Israel's government, but she's done the same towards Saudi Arabia, China, and India as well. Likewise with anti-BDS laws (along with other actual 1st amendment issues) and AIPAC (as well as the NRA and oil lobbyists).

Bob001 3rd February 2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandatheist (Post 13384033)
This CNN article nails it

McCarthy is a coward. There is clearly a schism in the party with orthodox Republicans like Cheney on one side, and Trumpers on the other and then there are those that try to play both sides like McCarthy and Cruz who will fail miserably. The only person that appears to have any competence at threading that needle seems to be Moscow Mitch

In a statement, Nancy Pelosi replaced McCarthy's R designation with Q.
Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi referred to Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy as "McCarthy (Q-CA)" in a Wednesday press release as House Democrats seek to portray their Republican colleagues as beholden to adherents of the dangerous QAnon conspiracy theory.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world...B1dmIbn?pfr=1+

Spektator 3rd February 2021 09:15 PM

Randy Rainbow on MTG. It's not positive.

smartcooky 4th February 2021 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spektator (Post 13384058)

Yup, nailed it.

That is some kind of brilliant

Stacyhs 4th February 2021 01:28 AM

Quote:

Brilliant as usual! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Great Zaganza 4th February 2021 01:45 AM

That will teach Liz Cheney to stay in line!

The Don 4th February 2021 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13383797)
McCarthy just announced there will be no actions against Green.
Man, the Dems laid a trap for him and the fool walked right into it.Now the GOP must won Jewish Space Lasers.

Yes, and ?

As I see it, there really isn't a downside for the GOP to have MTG around. The leadership can make vague noises about not agreeing with her views but supporting her right to have them while she can rally support for the GOP from the QAnon crowd.

jimbob 4th February 2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

"She makes Bachmann look like Mya Angelou"

Jim_MDP 4th February 2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13383554)
But then how will Americas children learn about Jewish space lasers? Clearly fighting those was the true purpose of spaceforce!

Fighting them?
They were created to service them. [emoji15]

[emoji1]

CapelDodger 4th February 2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandatheist (Post 13384033)
There is clearly a schism in the party with orthodox Republicans like Cheney on one side, and Trumpers on the other and then there are those that try to play both sides like McCarthy and Cruz who will fail miserably. The only person that appears to have any competence at threading that needle seems to be Moscow Mitch

I see a schism between the House Republicans (Q) and Senate Republicans (not-yet-Q) which I attribute to the Tea Party effect (much greater in the House). Moscow Mitch is doing the only thing he still knows how to - nothing.

I wonder how strong the Q's are in the State parties? The Republicans need to keep States so they can suppress the Dem vote.

ToddH 4th February 2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Randy is a national treasure.

The Don 4th February 2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 13384362)
I see a schism between the House Republicans (Q) and Senate Republicans (not-yet-Q) which I attribute to the Tea Party effect (much greater in the House). Moscow Mitch is doing the only thing he still knows how to - nothing.

I wonder how strong the Q's are in the State parties? The Republicans need to keep States so they can suppress the Dem vote.

I wonder if the lad between House and Senate regarding Q (and previously the Tea Party) is that the Senate works on a longer time scale (6 years vs 2 years) and needs to appeal to a wider audience (a whole state vs a single rural district).

The Senate will start moving Q-wards in due course and it'll be a mainstream (if not majority) view in 10 years :(

TheSupermeerkat 4th February 2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13384372)

The Senate will start moving Q-wards in due course and it'll be a mainstream (if not majority) view in 10 years :(

Only some of Q surely, I can't imagine the cannibal pedophile stuff going mainstream.

trustbutverify 4th February 2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

I wonder if the lad between House and Senate regarding Q (and previously the Tea Party) is that the Senate works on a longer time scale (6 years vs 2 years) and needs to appeal to a wider audience (a whole state vs a single rural district).

You really think it will take that long? I'm just wondering when the political assassinations will start in earnest.

trustbutverify 4th February 2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat (Post 13384437)
Only some of Q surely, I can't imagine the cannibal pedophile stuff going mainstream.

There are no limits anymore. This is internet fueled, flat earth occultist, fascism.

TragicMonkey 4th February 2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Never underestimate the stupidity and craziness of the population.

Skeptic Ginger 4th February 2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13384165)
Yes, and ?

As I see it, there really isn't a downside for the GOP to have MTG around. The leadership can make vague noises about not agreeing with her views but supporting her right to have them while she can rally support for the GOP from the QAnon crowd.

According to news reports on the matter, the Trump faction hurts GOP efforts to take back the House because of the suburban housewife vote.

The vote in the House for Cheney was 145 to 61. The Trump/crazy faction of the GOP is not as big as news coverage makes it seem.

Skeptic Ginger 4th February 2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

How many of your negative predictions have come true in the last year?

Trump is out.
He left DC.
You haven't had a correct prediction that I recall.

Now you say the Senate will move Q-ward while the vote in the House to support Cheney demonstrates the crazies are not in the majority even in the House.

I see a race between (fake ;) ) news coverage that ironically over-represents the crazies and draws a lot of smaller donors, and the big donors who stay in the shadows and don't favor the QAnons. It's always about the money.

Elvis666 4th February 2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

"She's in hot wat-a
Cause she hasn't got a
Clue"

I wish I'd written that. Plus the genius of using "Evergreen" as the base.

RecoveringYuppy 4th February 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

That is Q. And it stems from Pizzagate which was mainstream in the 2016 election. Look at polls about Q Anon now. A majority or Republicans right now think the whole thing might be true. Fully a third believe it's mostly true.

https://www.vox.com/2016/12/9/138983...book-fake-news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9702261.html

ponderingturtle 4th February 2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy (Post 13384548)
That is Q. And it stems from Pizzagate which was mainstream in the 2016 election. Look at polls about Q Anon now. A majority or Republicans right now think the whole thing might be true. Fully a third believe it's mostly true.

https://www.vox.com/2016/12/9/138983...book-fake-news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9702261.html

Exactly that is the core ideology. Yes you can have differences of opinion on if Antony Weiner had a video of Hillary Clinton cutting of a childs face and wearing it on his laptop, but the rape and eating of children is the basis of the belief.

Skeptic Ginger 4th February 2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

I imagine the person(s) who originally started this Q nonsense thought to themselves, what is the most whackadoodle thing they could possibly get people to believe? I know, there's a secret cabal of pedophile politicians who eat babies.

:sdl:

Bob001 4th February 2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13384552)
Exactly that is the core ideology. Yes you can have differences of opinion on if Antony Weiner had a video of Hillary Clinton cutting of a childs face and wearing it on his laptop, but the rape and eating of children is the basis of the belief.

From your second link:
Quote:

More than a third of Republicans believe the QAnon conspiracy that Donald Trump is waging a secret war against a shadowy cabal of paedophile cannibals is "mostly true", according to a new poll released on Wednesday.

The increased support of QAnon comes less than two weeks after Mr Trump appeared to endorse the theory at a White House press conference, saying he appreciates the movement's enthusiasm for his presidency.

The Daily Kos/Civiqs poll found more than half of Republican voters believe the theory is either mostly (33 per cent) or partly (23 per cent) true, with only 13 per cent believing there is no truth to it at all.
How is this possible? This is wildly different from believing, say , "All politicians are crooks" or "Liberals wanna take your guns." This is genuine insanity. And where does it come from? Even Fox and the other right-wing media don't promote stuff like this. How does this take hold?