International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13385795)
She thanked the Dems this morning for removing her from the committees, which would have been a waste of her time. And declared that the GOP belongs to Trump and Trump alone.

When a CNN reporter asked her about her comments about Pelosi she tried to not answer by asking the reporter if she'd ever apologized for accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians. She basically just became aggressive and kept going round and round never answering the question about Pelosi. There's no way she's going to be able to keep her mouth shut.

Norman Alexander 5th February 2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion (Post 13385648)
I'm wondering how long Kevin McCarthy gets away with claiming ignorance of Qanon ("can't even pronounce it".) I suspect that will now be the official response of the No-Nothing QOP.

He's on public record as talking about it with basically correct pronunciation. Numerous times.

dirtywick 5th February 2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13385866)
When a CNN reporter asked her about her comments about Pelosi she tried to not answer by asking the reporter if she'd ever apologized for accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians. She basically just became aggressive and kept going round and round never answering the question about Pelosi. There's no way she's going to be able to keep her mouth shut.

Trump should have been a giant lesson that this style of politician can't be controlled.

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13385868)
He's on public record as talking about it with basically correct pronunciation. Numerous times.

Just another example of the lying they're so infamous for. Sean Hannity actually had the gall to say 'Not a single conservative I know' shares Greene's 'conspiratorial beliefs.'

Norman Alexander 5th February 2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13385875)
Just another example of the lying they're so infamous for. Sean Hannity actually had the gall to say 'Not a single conservative I know' shares Greene's 'conspiratorial beliefs.'

Except Trump. Careful, Sean!

Norman Alexander 5th February 2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13385871)
Trump should have been a giant lesson that this style of politician can't be controlled.

Hopefully the Dems will ensure this loose canon always goes off in the Republican ship.

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13385795)
She thanked the Dems this morning for removing her from the committees, which would have been a waste of her time. And declared that the GOP belongs to Trump and Trump alone.

She didn't get the message that ship sank.

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13385868)

Oh that Qanon. :sdl:

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13385875)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13385884)
Except Trump. Careful, Sean!

Those aren't conspiracies, those are real. :rolleyes:

dudalb 5th February 2021 02:02 PM

So the GOP belongs to Trump.

"Ein Reich, Ein Party, Ein Fuehrer".

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13385920)

But don't dare call it a cult.

xjx388 5th February 2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13385920)

According to MTG, maybe. I don't think you can extrapolate that opinion to every member of the GOP.

dudalb 5th February 2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13385871)

Hell, Hitler should have shown them that.
Never forget Hitler did not seize power in a coup, he was given it by German conservatives uner the illusion they cold control him. Van Papen, the head of the conservatives even said
"Well, we don't have to worry about Hitler anymore. We just bought him".

dudalb 5th February 2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjx388 (Post 13385969)
According to MTG, maybe. I don't think you can extrapolate that opinion to every member of the GOP.

Sorry, but the GOP just embraced MTG. They had a chance to if not get rid of her neutralize her and they failed because they were afraid of the Qanon wing of the party.
The GOP of Lincoln, Teddy Rossevelt, Eisenhower and, to a degree Reagen is dead. Sooner the more rational Republicans grasp that the better.
I agree that some here equate all conservatives with right wing nuts.That is wrong. But the GOP is hopeless; though I wish the Lincoln Project well.
I think a new center right party is inevirtable.

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

It's certainly not unreasonable to think so when the vast majority of Republicans approve of Trump after all he's done.

A post Jan. 6 NBC poll showed 86% of Republicans approved of Trump.

A Politico/Morning Consult Poll taken post Jan. 6 showed 75% of Republicans still approved of Trump.

When so many GOP Congressmembers supported his absolutely ridiculous and outrageous lies about the election being stolen and rigged and refused to acknowledge Biden as the President-elect, don't tell me that it hasn't become the Party of Trump.

Segnosaur 5th February 2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Congressional republicans just voted overwhelmingly to protect Trump from impeachment. (House republicans on the articles of impeachment, senate republicans on the issue of constitutionality, which is basically a cover for "let Trump get away with it".)

Among the electorate, Trump left office with > 80% approval among republican voters (and that's after he supported the terrorists).

Ok, technically there may be a small number of anti-Trump republicans, but they lack any significant influence in the party.

So yeah, the GOP does belong to Trump.

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13386011)
Sorry, but the GOP just embraced MTG. They had a chance to if not get rid of her neutralize her and they failed because they were afraid of the Qanon wing of the party.
The GOP of Lincoln, Teddy Rossevelt, Eisenhower and, to a degree Reagen is dead. Sooner the more rational Republicans grasp that the better.
I agree that some here equate all conservatives with right wing nuts.That is wrong. But the GOP is hopeless; though I wish the Lincoln Project well.
I think a new center right party is inevirtable.

That's like Rand Paul today (or yesterday) complaining that the GOP wasn't racist. Is he clueless they supported a racist POTUS for 4 years and there aren't very many of them renouncing the racism within their ranks still.

Clearly Paul is oblivious to or in denial about the racism right in front of his face.

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13386049)
That's like Rand Paul today (or yesterday) complaining that the GOP wasn't racist. Is he clueless they supported a racist POTUS for 4 years and there aren't very many of them renouncing the racism within their ranks still.

Clearly Paul is oblivious to or in denial about the racism right in front of his face.

It's amazing how many people are oblivious. There is a guy in another group I belong to who swears up and down he isn't racist but makes racist comments regularly such as "What has a black scientist ever done except invent peanut butter?" and "White people don't riot". That was about a week before Jan. 6. He honestly doesn't think there is systemic racism and he's a Biden supporter and can't stand Trump. I've known him for years. He just doesn't see it in his own racist statements or understand why Black anger boiled over after what happened in Ferguson or over George Floyd's death.

alfaniner 5th February 2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion (Post 13385648)
I'm wondering how long Kevin McCarthy gets away with claiming ignorance of Qanon ("can't even pronounce it".) I suspect that will now be the official response of the No-Nothing QOP.

I wonder which version of this is going to catch on. So far in the last day or so, I've heard QOP, GOPQ, GQP, Q-Publicans, and my own creation -- RepubliQunes.

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13386062)
It's amazing how many people are oblivious. There is a guy in another group I belong to who swears up and down he isn't racist but makes racist comments regularly such as "What has a black scientist ever done except invent peanut butter?" and "White people don't riot". That was about a week before Jan. 6. He honestly doesn't think there is systemic racism and he's a Biden supporter and can't stand Trump. I've known him for years. He just doesn't see it in his own racist statements or understand why Black anger boiled over after what happened in Ferguson or over George Floyd's death.

Not that you need help but ask him why he hasn't looked?

Wiki: List of African-American inventors and scientists

It's a long list.

Stacyhs 5th February 2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13386148)
Not that you need help but ask him why he hasn't looked?

Wiki: List of African-American inventors and scientists

It's a long list.

Believe me, I schooled him.

trustbutverify 5th February 2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13386049)

Well, his father befriended a group of nauseating racists, and agreed to put his name on a newsletter they published which regularly printed KKK caliber filth. Then, when people began to call him on this as he was running for president, he lied his ass off and denied he knew anything about it. So, there's that.

Matthew Ellard 5th February 2021 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13386156)
Well, his father (Ron Paul) befriended a group of nauseating racists, and agreed to put his name on a newsletter they published which regularly printed KKK caliber filth. Then, when people began to call him on this as he was running for president, he lied his ass off and denied he knew anything about it. So, there's that.

It was worse then that. Below is a publicity photo of Ron Paul and Don Black who owns the Stormfront White Action Power Website. Stormfront and David Duke (KKK) donated to Paul's campaigns.

The other image is a tweet from Ron Paul's account that he subsequently deleted. Many extreme right wingers hide behind the "Libertarian" name.

trustbutverify 5th February 2021 07:57 PM

Yes, I'm aware of those incidents. And, of course, Paul played dumb every time.

Apathia 5th February 2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13386151)
Believe me, I schooled him.

I have an old friend just like that.
In the moment a list like the one cited, or any bit of factual data that puts a lie to racism, impresses him.
He'll say something like, "See, I always thought there was some hope for their betterment."
The very next day he's back asserting that blacks are genetically inferior in intelligence.

We spoken on this subject for decades, and as the proverbial dog, he always returns to his vomit.

He's known brilliant Black colleagues in his career, but to him they are exceptional outliers.

He's highly offended at being accused of racism, but he's racist to the core.
I gave up years ago trying to expand his consciousness. And in the current American malaise, he's only grown more reactionary and convinced of the "superiority" of White Culture.

I fear that America has too many dogs returning to their vomit.

Skeptic Ginger 5th February 2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13386189)

I wasn't. :eek:

I knew Ron Paul was an extremist libertarian, I must have been asleep for the rest.

Matthew Ellard 5th February 2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13386189)

Ron Paul is annoying, but even more annoying are his "Libertarian" followers claiming they are enlightened by reading Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, when they have never actually read it and they have no understanding of basic economics theory. They claim that no foreign country should receive USA aid but concentrate on Israel. Stormfront forum posters specifically endorsed Ron Paul.

It is my gut feeling that Ron Paul is simply after money and that's the entire point of his pamphlets and journals.

Matthew Ellard 5th February 2021 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13386250)
I knew Ron Paul was an extremist libertarian, I must have been asleep for the rest.

Ron Paul also supports succession if individual states don't like the Union. .

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...inciple-084058

trustbutverify 5th February 2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13386276)
Ron Paul is annoying, but even more annoying are his "Libertarian" followers claiming they are enlightened by reading Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, when they have never actually read it and they have no understanding of basic economics theory. They claim that no foreign country should receive USA aid but concentrate on Israel. Stormfront forum posters specifically endorsed Ron Paul.

It is my gut feeling that Ron Paul is simply after money and that's the entire point of his pamphlets and journals.

Actually, I feel he's more than sympathetic to the KKKish far right, as are all hard right "libertarians". But, yes, I agree he's been pandering to the racist survivalist types for decades. Personally, I don't think Lew Rockwell has any non-racist friends.

trustbutverify 5th February 2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13386277)
Ron Paul also supports succession if individual states don't like the Union. .

Funny how those calls for succession were in response to a black president being being re-elected. But Paul avoids any mention of the American rebellion most closely resembling that, of course.

Stacyhs 6th February 2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Ron Paul also supports succession secession if individual states don't like the Union. .
Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13386283)
Funny how those calls for succession secession were in response to a black president being being re-elected. But Paul avoids any mention of the American rebellion most closely resembling that, of course.

Sorry, but that's one of my pet peeves and two in one post is beyond my ability to overlook without wanting to tear my hair out. :p

The Great Zaganza 6th February 2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13386250)

he isn't.
he just thinks he is.

smartcooky 6th February 2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13386295)

Sorry, but that's one of my pet peeves and two in one post is beyond my ability to overlook without wanting to tear my hair out. :p

Oh, you spelling Nazi you... and darned right too!!!!

Stacyhs 6th February 2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13386324)
Oh, you spelling Nazi you... and darned right too!!!!

No, not spelling...it's a whole other word.

smartcooky 6th February 2021 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13386325)
No, not spelling...it's a whole other word.

I'll bet you used to get cranky with your students if they wrote "Currant Affairs"

Babbylonian 6th February 2021 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13386342)
I'll bet you used to get cranky with your students if they wrote "Currant Affairs"

Perhaps mainly because they demonstrate their racism by not writing about black currant affairs.

SteveAitch 6th February 2021 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13386342)

Well, he had a good raisin to... ;)

MRC_Hans 6th February 2021 03:31 AM

Really spelling the beans, here ....

jimbob 6th February 2021 03:54 AM

Quote:

Only those who applauded her.

EvilBiker 6th February 2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 13386064)
I wonder which version of this is going to catch on. So far in the last day or so, I've heard QOP, GOPQ, GQP, Q-Publicans, and my own creation -- RepubliQunes.

I’ve been calling them Qunts for ages. I like to believe I coined the word, but I have my doubts.