International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bill Barr and his October Surprise (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346780)

Darat 24th October 2020 04:32 AM

Posted this in one of the over lapping threads, probably best for this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darat (Post 13268535)
I see that Rudi is admitting he committed one of the most abhorrent, in terms of morality not just legally, crimes. How he can live with himself I simply don't know.

This follows from his tweet when he said “ equally significant evidence of endangerment of children.”, in other words he says he sat on evidence of child endangerment. This is one of the few times “think of the children” does come into play, think about he sat on this evidence until it was politically advantageous for him to reveal it. He knew that at least one child was in possible danger and he did absolutely nothing about it. Hopefully he can be charged with something like a failure to report such evidence.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darat (Post 13268565)
Posted this in one of the over lapping threads, probably best for this thread:



This follows from his tweet when he said “ equally significant evidence of endangerment of children.”, in other words he says he sat on evidence of child endangerment. This is one of the few times “think of the children” does come into play, think about he sat on this evidence until it was politically advantageous for him to reveal it. He knew that at least one child was in possible danger and he did absolutely nothing about it. Hopefully he can be charged with something like a failure to report such evidence.

1. That would be if you believe Rudy.
2. It had already been turned over to the FBI

Darat 24th October 2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13268588)
1. That would be if you believe Rudy.
2. It had already been turned over to the FBI

1) If one wishes to accept the laptop exists than one surely would believe what Rudi says about the content.
2) Nope.

a_unique_person 24th October 2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13268263)
I think there's some truth to the latter. For all his many faults, Barr hasn't yet started a frivolous prosecution, and it doesn't look like he's inclined to start.

Or he thinks he will wait and see who gets elected. He doesn't want to go down with the ship.

Squeegee Beckenheim 24th October 2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13268619)
Or he thinks he will wait and see who gets elected. He doesn't want to go down with the ship.

There's been pressure on him since he took the job, and he'll be gone if there's a new president whatever he does or did.

wareyin 24th October 2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13268619)
Or he thinks he will wait and see who gets elected. He doesn't want to go down with the ship.

Trump is already threatening to fire Barr even if he wins because of this.

varwoche 24th October 2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darat (Post 13268615)
1) If one wishes to accept the laptop exists than one surely would believe what Rudi says about the content.
2) Nope.

Sorry Darat, these advanced concepts are going to require a detailed, step-by-step breakdown lest we fail to grasp. Are you actually going so far to say that when a person says this, and also says that...

Never mind. I need to contemplate this conundrum further.

Gulliver Foyle 24th October 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrywayne (Post 13268175)
Does this change anything?

"Tony Bobulinski, who claims to be a former business associate of former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, will sit for an interview with the FBI regarding his knowledge about the Biden family's business dealings."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

No, Bobulinski being invited to make a statement under caution or face arrest and charge changes nothing, really.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 02:43 PM

Crazy Chinese dude (Wang DingGang) has started releasing Hunter Biden pictures and video.

Not posting the link, completely unnecessary. This is the guy tied in with Bannon and Giuliani.

Bogative 24th October 2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13268987)
Crazy Chinese dude (Wang DingGang) has started releasing Hunter Biden pictures and video.

Not posting the link, completely unnecessary. This is the guy tied in with Bannon and Giuliani.


The video of some woman pleasuring Hunter Biden with her feet while he hits the crack pipe, talks about how good the camera angle is and also videos with his smart phone is obviously a deep fake. ******* Putin!

So much for the argument that all of this was unbelievable nonsense made up by Giuliani.

Skeptic Ginger 24th October 2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13268642)
Trump is already threatening to fire Barr even if he wins because of this.

Trump always puts 'his' people in these positions: Trump expects them to go too far, tell one lie too blatant, and when they don't show proper loyalty he gets rid of them and complains about how disgusting the person was.

wareyin 24th October 2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269060)
The video of some woman pleasuring Hunter Biden with her feet while he hits the crack pipe, talks about how good the camera angle is and also videos with his smart phone is obviously a deep fake. ******* Putin!

So much for the argument that all of this was unbelievable nonsense made up by Giuliani.

Is that video supposed to have been on the laptop? Or was this from the stuff someone was selling in the Ukraine last year for $5 mil that Giuliani passed on?


Wait, it doesn't really matter, does it? We now have evidence that an admitted drug user used drugs while being related to someone on the ballot. That tears it, I'm not going to vote for Hunter Biden.

dirtywick 24th October 2020 04:35 PM

Sex tapes are so 90s

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269085)
Sex tapes are so 90s

They are, that's why I didn't post the link. He's supposedly dropping a new one every hour.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269081)
Is that video supposed to have been on the laptop? Or was this from the stuff someone was selling in the Ukraine last year for $5 mil that Giuliani passed on?

I'm trying to figure out if Giuliani gave crazy Chinese dude a copy of the laptop through Bannon, to use for Lude Media. Which is an anti Chinese group hooked up with Bannon. That's the most likely scenario at this point. Crazy Chinese guy claims to have 3 drives of compromising material which was put together by the CCP lol. Completely not believable. Haven't even heard a claim on how he obtained the supposed 3. Wang DingGang mentioned the drives on his show back in September.

Bogative 24th October 2020 05:17 PM

These are the denials and dismissals from the first two pages after Giuliani broke the story. I'd post the rest of them but the per-post character limit would require there to be several more posts and I don't want to get nicked for spamming. Besides, they would be ignored as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13257833)
Sounds more like an October Pile of **** than Surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 13257842)
Utter BS. If there was actual incriminating evidence in the hands of a private citizen, they'd release it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13257880)
The whole thing sounds like a contrived pile of horse manure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13257896)
Obamagate is the new Pizzagate: everyone who thinks there is something there comes back looking like an idiot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13258007)
What makes you think any of it, even if there is any "it," is true? It's not like Rudy is a picture of integrity and probity, or even sobriety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13258037)
At this point Rudy Giuliani has so little credibility left that nobody will care that nobody even responds to this nonsense

It's like, too stupid for a soap opera plot line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13258057)
Everyone else who isn't neck deep into right wing nonsense isn't going to believe any of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13258343)
I think we’re getting that from the whole situation being a fabrication.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13258353)
*Very slowly* Because if this was an actual news story with journalistic integrity and there was an actual legit papertrail linking this phantom computer that doesn't exist to Hunter Biden... okay brace yourself because this part gets complicated and is going to blow your mind... the article would have said so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13258377)
There couldn’t have been any contact details left, because imaginary people can’t leave contact details when they don’t leave imaginary laptops without imaginary stickers on with a man with an imaginary medical condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13258466)
A comparison was made to Project Veritas, so maybe it was meant as a subtle way of saying "Yes, I know this is a complete fabrication, like everything Project Veritas has released."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13258575)
Pretty hard to make any sense of the story except it's an attention getting fake and Rudy was desperate to find something.
I see they are trying everything they can to go after Hunter and connect the dots to Biden. After this fake, I think it makes it harder to sell any other stories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13258585)
Why isn't Rudy Giuliani being mocked on all channels for promoting this ridiculous nonsense ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13258586)
Oh for pity's sake! The story is as fake as trying to pass off Monopoly money as real money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13258722)
Hmm tough call, is this incompetence and gullibility or getting good dirt from a loyal friend and simply not caring that it is fabricated?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 13258724)
Neither. He knows it's BS and he doesn't care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13258728)
And that is different from simply not caring it is fabricated how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13258739)
And my point is that he has a good history with being in bed with russian interests, not that they somehow took advantage of him. He knew it was crap but maybe he thought it would hang together a bit longer than it has.


wareyin 24th October 2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269126)
These are the denials and dismissals from the first two pages after Giuliani broke the story. I'd post the rest of them but the per-post character limit would require there to be several more posts and I don't want to get nicked for spamming. Besides, they would be ignored as well.

Rather than reposting all the people mocking the fake laptop story, why don't you give us some reason to take it seriously? Was the video even claimed to be from the laptop?

Right now, you are crowing because a video has been released of Hunter doing drugs, or having consensual sex with an adult, I'm not sure which bit you think is problematic. Given that we are aware Hunter did drugs, and most adults have had consensual and legal sex at some point, what is the scandal? More importantly, what makes this a reason to vote for Trump?

Bogative 24th October 2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269085)
Sex tapes are so 90s


Good news is he could probably be elected mayor of DC if he tried.

Bogative 24th October 2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269133)
Rather than reposting all the people mocking the fake laptop story, why don't you give us some reason to take it seriously?

Why would I do that, I didn't dismiss the story based on politically driven incredulity?

Quote:

Was the video even claimed to be from the laptop?
Dog, I hope not! How hilarious would it be if there were multiple sources dumping dirt on the Bidens Bribens?

wareyin 24th October 2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269136)
Why would I do that, I didn't dismiss the story based on politically driven incredulity?

We know you are still clinging to this preposterous story based on politically driven gullibility. I was just trying to get you to provide a reason you think others should have swallowed this hook line and sinker like you did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269136)
Dog, I hope not! How hilarious would it be if there were multiple sources dumping dirt on the Bidens Bribens?

I guess you are behind the times. We've already discussed in this thread how even Giuliani thought this info was too sketchy when someone was selling it to him last year in the Ukraine.

And somehow, you seem reluctant to explain what "dirt" this is supposed to be, or why we should care. Hmm

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle (Post 13268730)
No, Bobulinski being invited to make a statement under caution or face arrest and charge changes nothing, really.

Motivation is clear with him, Tony Bobulinski found out through the Senate report a few weeks ago that Hunter and Jim Biden had a side deal with CEFC China Energy, and he wasn't happy about it.

Bogative 24th October 2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269142)
I guess you are behind the times. We've already discussed in this thread how even Giuliani thought this info was too sketchy when someone was selling it to him last year in the Ukraine.

Obviously, Giuliani was wrong initially just like the doubters here at ISF.

Quote:

And somehow, you seem reluctant to explain what "dirt" this is supposed to be, or why we should care. Hmm
I'm not obligated to explain anything to anyone who can very easily find the explanation themselves by reading information that has been provided by multiple sources available with a quick Google search.




GTV has released another picture captioned "Exclusive! Picture of Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden Using and Weighing Drugs Disclosed!".

It's a picture 4.7 g of crack cocaine sitting on a scale. I hope he put back 10% for "the big guy."

Bogative 24th October 2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269147)
Motivation is clear with him, Tony Bobulinski found out through the Senate report a few weeks ago that Hunter and Jim Biden had a side deal with CEFC China Energy, and he wasn't happy about it.


I'm guessing he saw the writing on the wall and stepped out in front of this before being thrown under the bus and ending up a convicted felon like two other Hunter Biden former business partners.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269142)

I guess you are behind the times. We've already discussed in this thread how even Giuliani thought this info was too sketchy when someone was selling it to him last year in the Ukraine.

How do you know it's the same material?

wareyin 24th October 2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269149)
Obviously, Giuliani was wrong initially just like the doubters here at ISF.

Giuliani was wrong that the disinformation someone was trying to charge him $5mil to buy was too sketchy? And you believe that because...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269149)
I'm not obligated to explain anything to anyone who can very easily find the explanation themselves by reading information that has been provided by multiple sources available with a quick Google search.

I'm not going to be able to google why you think evidence that a self admitted drug user was using drugs is some kind of dirt or gotcha. That's why I'm asking you to explain it. If you are unable to, that's ok, I I understand.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269149)
GTV has released another picture captioned "Exclusive! Picture of Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden Using and Weighing Drugs Disclosed!".

It's a picture 4.7 g of crack cocaine sitting on a scale. I hope he put back 10% for "the big guy."

Oh noes, more evidence that a former addict once used drugs. I am blown away. Next you'll be dropping old Cheech and Chong movies to prove they used drugs too!

wareyin 24th October 2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269160)
How do you know it's the same material?

I guess there could have been more than one group selling this stuff, but I sure hope nobody actually paid the asking price of $5 mil for evidence of what was already public and old knowledge.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269172)
I guess there could have been more than one group selling this stuff, but I sure hope nobody actually paid the asking price of $5 mil for evidence of what was already public and old knowledge.

So you think the repair shop guy is lying?

Bogative 24th October 2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13269162)
I'm not going to be able to google why you think evidence that a self admitted drug user was using drugs is some kind of dirt or gotcha. That's why I'm asking you to explain it. If you are unable to, that's ok, I I understand.

Forgive me for presuming you were sufficiently informed about the subject being discussed. I mentioned "10% to the big guy" in the post you are replying to. Google that term and inform yourself on what it means and how it relates to Joe Biden and Tony Bobulinski.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13259972)
What I find weird is that despite several posters explaining to you that Shokin was not investigating Burisma, as well as the sources you yourself said you got your info from also telling you that, here you are repeating the claim.

What makes you think Shokin wasn't investigating Mykola Zlochevsky/Burisma?

dirtywick 24th October 2020 07:28 PM

There’s supposed to be a laptop from Biden full of details of foreign corruption and child porn, but it’s just a bunch of sex tapes. How boring.

dirtywick 24th October 2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269181)
So you think the repair shop guy is lying?

Do I think he got 3 laptops from someone he couldn’t identify but guessed it was Hunter Biden due to a sticker on the laptop, was unable to contact Hunter Biden in any way, made copies of the hard drives and then contacted and turned them over to Rudy Giulianis lawyer? No I don’t think that happened it sounds stupid.

And meanwhile, Rudy Giuliani is cavorting around Eastern Europe specifically to find dirt on Hunter Biden and has been offered this exact info for sale is just a coincidence. Hunter maybe be smoking crack, but sir I am not.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269215)
Do I think he got 3 laptops from someone he couldn’t identify but guessed it was Hunter Biden due to a sticker on the laptop, was unable to contact Hunter Biden in any way, made copies of the hard drives and then contacted and turned them over to Rudy Giulianis lawyer? No I don’t think that happened it sounds stupid.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's how it's been reported, but just wanted to know if you thought he was lying, which you do. Thanks.

Roger Ramjets 24th October 2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13268289)
You highlighted the wrong section, see legally.

If you meant legally obligated then you should have said so.

Quote:

if the emails are real, I would say he's actually morally obligated to release them.
Why would you say that?


Quote:

He may not be, but
But you said he was. Unequivocally. Now you're not sure?

Quote:

The sun will never go supernova.
You don't know that. As far as we know the Sun won't ever go supernova, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that scientists are wrong about it.

Quote:

There are no charges as of today unless they are under seal, that does not preclude the possibility of future charges.
Possibility is one thing, probability another. Do you have any idea how likely it is?

dirtywick 24th October 2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269225)
Yeah, I'm not sure that's how it's been reported, but just wanted to know if you thought he was lying, which you do. Thanks.

To be as fair as I can about this, most of the reporting on it comes from a tabloid article written by a segment producer for a right wing entertainment show so i can understand your doubts about the story.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets (Post 13269238)
If you meant legally obligated then you should have said so.

Ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets (Post 13269238)
Why would you say that?

Why would I think purported emails that detail corruption should be released on moral grounds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets (Post 13269238)
But you said he was. Unequivocally. Now you're not sure?

Actually I'm am sure he was pretending to know, whether he realizes it or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets (Post 13269238)
You don't know that. As far as we know the Sun won't ever go supernova, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that scientists are wrong about it.

I'm comfortable going with the present science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets (Post 13269238)
Possibility is one thing, probability another. Do you have any idea how likely it is?

Nope.

Bogative 24th October 2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269215)
Do I think he got 3 laptops from someone he couldn’t identify but guessed it was Hunter Biden due to a sticker on the laptop, was unable to contact Hunter Biden in any way, made copies of the hard drives and then contacted and turned them over to Rudy Giulianis lawyer? No I don’t think that happened it sounds stupid.


Fake news. It was fake news 10 days ago when it was first claimed, it's fake news today, it will be fake news for eternity.

John Paul said in a recorded interview he would not have been able to pick Hunter Biden out of the lineup because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like.

John Paul said he asked the person dropping the laptops off for his name to which the man responded "Hunter" and then after a long pause said, "Biden" as if he was supposed to recognize who Biden was.

You can hear for yourself starting at the 7:00 mark in the recording at this link. You should listen to the whole thing so you will know what the man actually said instead of the bull **** spin propagated by the media.

https://soundcloud.com/rptrbnd/mac-shop-10-14-cm

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269240)
To be as fair as I can about this, most of the reporting on it comes from a tabloid article written by a segment producer for a right wing entertainment show so i can understand your doubts about the story.

Too early to tell, not enough information. Also, the biggest red flag for me is the Wang DingGang aspect.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269246)
Fake news. It was fake news 10 days ago when it was first claimed, it's fake news today, it will be fake news for eternity.

John Paul said in a recorded interview he would not have been able to pick Hunter Biden out of the lineup because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like.

John Paul said he asked the person dropping the laptops off for his name to which the man responded "Hunter" and then after a long pause said, "Biden" as if he was supposed to recognize who Biden was.

You can hear for yourself starting at the 7:00 mark in the recording at this link. You should listen to the whole thing so you will know what the man actually said instead of the bull **** spin propagated by the media.

https://soundcloud.com/rptrbnd/mac-shop-10-14-cm

In fairness to the other side, I've seen claims he contradicted himself. I also asked for a cite but didn't get any.

dirtywick 24th October 2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269246)
Fake news. It was fake news 10 days ago when it was first claimed, it's fake news today, it will be fake news for eternity.

John Paul said in a recorded interview he would not have been able to pick Hunter Biden out of the lineup because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like.

John Paul said he asked the person dropping the laptops off for his name to which the man responded "Hunter" and then after a long pause said, "Biden" as if he was supposed to recognize who Biden was.

You can hear for yourself starting at the 7:00 mark in the recording at this link. You should listen to the whole thing so you will know what the man actually said instead of the bull **** spin propagated by the media.

https://soundcloud.com/rptrbnd/mac-shop-10-14-cm

Rein it in there chief. He also said he can’t be sure it was actually Biden but was convinced because of the sticker. At least, that’s what the NY Post article that broke the story claimed. Which, again, trying to figure out whether or not it’s true so if you’re taking issue with me using that as a source then, well I’ve been saying it’s fake news the whole time.

JoeMorgue 24th October 2020 10:01 PM

Even if I take the worst version of this scandal, accept it without evidence, and multiply it times 10 it won't compare to what Trump does every day before breakfast.

dirtywick 24th October 2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269249)
In fairness to the other side, I've seen claims he contradicted himself. I also asked for a cite but didn't get any.

Oh I didn’t see that. I got one, the NY Post says he used the Beau Biden foundation sticker to help him identify that it was Hunter but apparently there’s audio of him denying that. Somebody got something wrong there.

Elagabalus 24th October 2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13269266)
Even if I take the worst version of this scandal, accept it without evidence, and multiply it times 10 it won't compare to what Trump does every day before breakfast.

Joe Biden could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot Hunter Biden and I would still vote for him. YMMV

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269271)
Oh I didn’t see that. I got one, the NY Post says he used the Beau Biden foundation sticker to help him identify that it was Hunter but apparently there’s audio of him denying that. Somebody got something wrong there.


https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/

"The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general."

I don't think he used that to identify who brought it in. He has the receipt with Hunter Biden written on it, regardless of whether it was "a second Oswald" who brought it in.

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elagabalus (Post 13269277)
Joe Biden could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot Hunter Biden and I would still vote for him. YMMV

Cool.

dirtywick 24th October 2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269278)
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/

"The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general."

I don't think he used that to identify who brought it in. He has the receipt with Hunter Biden written on it, regardless of whether it was "a second Oswald" who brought it in.

Interesting thoughts. But why would he bring it up in conjunction with not being able to identify who’s laptop it is if not as evidence he used to identify who’s laptop it is? And why would a receipt with “Hunter Biden” on it matter if it wasn’t Hunter Biden who signed the receipt?

TahiniBinShawarma 24th October 2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269287)
Interesting thoughts. But why would he bring it up in conjunction with not being able to identify who’s laptop it is if not as evidence he used to identify who’s laptop it is? And why would a receipt with “Hunter Biden” on it matter if it wasn’t Hunter Biden who signed the receipt?

Why bring up the sticker? Because in conjunction with the receipt, it kind of rules out that it was a different Hunter Biden. If it was "the second Oswald" who brought it in, you're right, the receipt wouldn't matter.

timhau 24th October 2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269271)
Oh I didn’t see that. I got one, the NY Post says he used the Beau Biden foundation sticker to help him identify that it was Hunter but apparently there’s audio of him denying that. Somebody got something wrong there.

It happens all the time with these laptops. That's no reason not to believe whatever the most recent version is, though.

Minoosh 24th October 2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269249)
In fairness to the other side, I've seen claims he contradicted himself. I also asked for a cite but didn't get any.

Here you go:

NYP
Quote:

The customer who brought in the water-damaged MacBook Pro for repair never paid for the service or retrieved it or a hard drive on which its contents were stored, according to the shop owner, who said he tried repeatedly to contact the client.
delawareonline.com:
Quote:

He said he began hearing about Burisma and Ukraine shortly after Hunter Biden had left his laptop at the Trolley Square repair shop. When a customer doesn't return after 90 days, Mac Isaac says he typically will reach out to them by phone.

Asked if he called Hunter Biden, Mac Isaac said, "No comment."

TahiniBinShawarma 25th October 2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13269304)
Here you go:

NYP


delawareonline.com:

That's not a contradiction. The NYP cite is from before his press call, from the article that broke the story. The delawareonline is from the press call after the story broke. Im not sure making a statement to the NYP and then saying "no comment" later is a contradiction, but that's just me I guess.

Elagabalus 25th October 2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13269306)
That's not a contradiction. The NYP cite is from before his press call, from the article that broke the story. The delawareonline is from the press call after the story broke. Im not sure making a statement to the NYP and then saying "no comment" later is a contradiction, but that's just me I guess.

Cool! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.