International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   The conspiracy to overturn the 1st Amendment (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348054)

dudalb 29th November 2020 01:29 PM

I am just not comforable with politicans being able to decide what is free speech and what is not.
I don't have the blind faith in the benevolence of Government some people here have.

lomiller 30th November 2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Obvious (Post 13302173)
Then you don't believe in free speech.

All rights are limited to the point where there is a reasonable possibility someone else may be harmed, else you could argue "If you don't think suspected terrorists should be allowed to board aircraft with bombs, you obviously don't believe the second amendment right to bear arms."

Even in the US where many calls to violence are legal, you can be criminally charged with uttering threats. Even though threats are "just words" it's not constitutionally protected speech.

beachnut 30th November 2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggy (Post 13303359)
The internet has had an incredible effect in making information available, and for a while it was possible to say anything on the internet without fear of censorship.

It started with the usenet groups??? (something like that) as I recall. There were internet discussions groups on many topics that were totally unregulated. If you wanted to discuss a topic, like jazz for example, you went to the jazz usenet group. There were no restrictions.

I remember reading on a usenet group a post claiming that the stone plaque at Auschwitz stating that 4 million had been killed there was taken down in 1990 and replaced by one stating that 1.5 million had been killed there. Then there were a number of replies calling the original poster a Nazi or some such. I thought, that's something that can be checked. And, after a few hours (I don't really remember how long), and thanks to the internet, I was able to determine if the OP was true or false.

Then along came YouTube, and anyone could create a video on any topic whatever, and put it up on youtube where thousands could watch it. Anyone could create a website analyzed any subject whatever and google would find it. The way the algorithms worked, if your vid/website attracted viewers then it was promoted. All that is in the past. The ADL is now censoring YouTube, Amazon, Facebook, Google, reddit, and most of the discussion groups on the internet. What you can see on those platforms is controlled by the ADL. It's quite amazing really.

My video channel was deleted from youtube. My website delisted from google.

So, the internet was pretty much a free market for ideas for a while. Free speech existed and wasn't restricted to how loud you could shout. But no longer.

BS, you can get your own web page and post your BS. Facebook and Youtube can dump your BS, it was BS. They must have a BS filter... your web page can have an anti-BS filter, and you can spew BS all you want...

You could buy servers, your own URL, etc, what is stopping you???

Is BS.com taken? oops, BS.com is taken, can you get VileBS.com? vilebs.com is available - 99 cents for the first year!!!, wow

You are in business, go for it... You can start you own forum of woo too...

Matthew Ellard 30th November 2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachnut (Post 13310689)
BS, you can get your own web page and post your BS. Facebook and Youtube can dump your BS, it was BS. They must have a BS filter... your web page can have an anti-BS filter, and you can spew BS all you want...

Saggy is a regular on CODOH (Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust) which is a holocaust denial site and forum, with its own web page and server.

Traffic at CODOH dropped during the Trump period, as members switched to other Trump themed right wing conspiracies. When Facebook, You Tube and other platforms banned holocaust denial posts, former members of CODOH realised they had to return to CODOH and started spamming normal moderate forums with claims about censorship. CODOH will probably close soon, anyhow, due to low traffic and the members dying of old age. :)

Saggy 30th November 2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13309595)
I am just not comforable with politicans being able to decide what is free speech and what is not.
I don't have the blind faith in the benevolence of Government some people here have.

Not to worry, the ADL is doing the censorship for them ....
Anti-Defamation League, tech firms team to fight online hate

smartcooky 30th November 2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggy (Post 13310808)

Good.

I'm always happy to see Holocaust deniers muzzled!

Matthew Ellard 30th November 2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Not to worry, the ADL is doing the censorship for them

Good News.

You helped the ADL by spamming holocaust denial hate propaganda on various forums and simultaneously refusing to answer any questions about the holocaust denial's ridiculous claims you were posting.

Saggy 1st December 2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13310856)
Good News.

You helped the ADL by spamming holocaust denial hate propaganda on various forums and simultaneously refusing to answer any questions about the holocaust denial's ridiculous claims you were posting.

Of course, the Jews have solutions on the few remaining places on the internet where the truth can be told. Let's have a look:
https://i.imgur.com/HigHaQA.jpg

Anyone recognize themselves ?

BobTheCoward 1st December 2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lomiller (Post 13310519)
All rights are limited to the point where there is a reasonable possibility someone else may be harmed, else you could argue "If you don't think suspected terrorists should be allowed to board aircraft with bombs, you obviously don't believe the second amendment right to bear arms."

Even in the US where many calls to violence are legal, you can be criminally charged with uttering threats. Even though threats are "just words" it's not constitutionally protected speech.

I don't think the government should have a role in stopping that person boarding a plane

Hans 1st December 2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggy (Post 13311517)

Yes, YOU, you are spamming this website with irrational, inaccurate, misinformation due to your being hate filled - are you not?

Pot met Kettle.

Question: If the 'Jews' are so powerful how are you able to keep posting - how many decades have you been attacking them?

ponderingturtle 1st December 2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Obvious (Post 13302284)
Of course it is. It's no different than e.g. Flat-Earthism in the sense that it doesn't comport to reality, but I wouldn't ban Flat-Earthism either. They're both ideas and what people do as a consequence of being exposed to those ideas is not relevant. The right to disagree is fundamental in a free society.

I'm not a complete absolutist either since I believe direct incitement to violence and e.g. slander should remain exceptions, and the US Supreme Court agrees with me on this. The US doesn't need hate speech laws.

Ideas and the free promulgation of them is different than direct incitement

Examples:

"I think homosexuality is sinful and God will condemn all sinners to eternal Hell!" -- Clearly free speech, but probably "Hate Speech" in many European countries today.

"Let's go and kill us some homos for God today!" -- Direct incitement to violence and not free speech.

Nope that is harmless political speech. I thought you were in favor of free speech, now suddenly a little broad position is suddenly incitement? You have terribly weak standards for banning speech if saying killing gays is gods work is suddenly illegal.

Axxman300 1st December 2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Of course, the Jews have solutions on the few remaining places on the internet where the truth can be told. Let's have a look:
https://i.imgur.com/HigHaQA.jpg

Side note:

If any of the hot IDF ladies are looking for love, let me know. Obviously you have my email and phone number. Love to hear from you.

dudalb 1st December 2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxman300 (Post 13311737)
Side note:

If any of the hot IDF ladies are looking for love, let me know. Obviously you have my email and phone number. Love to hear from you.

Sorry, but Gal Gadot's number is unlisted.

CaptainHowdy 1st December 2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

You can't blame the ADL entirely for this situation. The SPLC is also involved in "advising" the tech industry on how to promote inclusiveness and eliminate hate speech.

btw: Go Bears

Matthew Ellard 1st December 2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Saggy posts a photo of IDF soldiers in front of computers.
Quote:

///////////////////////////

Sooooooo....Saggy? You are spamming debunked 1980's holocaust denial propaganda, on a website, you claim is full of Jewish signals intelligence officers who are censoring the forum . You simultaneously demand we read your uncensored insane opinions on why you hate Jews on the same forum.

Has it occurred to you that you may be a bit mad?

:crazy:

Axxman300 1st December 2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13311742)
Sorry, but Gal Gadot's number is unlisted.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dAJlks...UbJy/giphy.gif

BobTheCoward 1st December 2020 05:58 PM

I oppose hate speech because I don't see the free speech as the means of achieving some ends or fitting into a broader policy.

Free speech is the ends.

Saggy 1st December 2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13311829)
Saggy posts a photo of IDF soldiers in front of computers.

///////////////////////////

Sooooooo....Saggy? You are spamming debunked 1980's holocaust denial propaganda, on a website, you claim is full of Jewish signals intelligence officers who are censoring the forum . You simultaneously demand we read your uncensored insane opinions on why you hate Jews on the same forum.

Has it occurred to you that you may be a bit mad?

Think !!!! The Jewish intelligence officers are not censoring the net, they're spamming it.

Then, look at the idiotic spam on this thread ! See the connection .... :)

Now that you have some understanding of the situation .... where are you in the photo, or were you AWOL that day ... ???

Matthew Ellard 1st December 2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggy (Post 13312144)
Think !!!! The Jewish intelligence officers are not censoring the net, they're spamming it.

....and?

What do you think the GRU signals mouse houses did in St Petersburg to get Trump in?

Even funnier, you are a Neo Nazi, anti-Jewish, holocaust denier, spamming our skeptic forums with debunked 1980 holocaust denial propaganda. Are you going to stop?
:big:

Matthew Ellard 1st December 2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Think !!!! The Jewish intelligence officers are not censoring the net, they're spamming it............ where are you in the photo, or were you AWOL that day ... ???

Hmmmmmmm...... let's think. I'm in Australia not Israel and I'm not in the IDF.

On the other hand, you are posting 1980's debunk holocaust denial which makes holocaust deniers look even more incredibly stupid. How do we know you aren't a "poe" to get people to hate holocaust deniers? :p

Matthew Ellard 1st December 2020 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Let's have a look:Anyone recognize themselves ?

Poor poor Saggy. You are lying again. You stole the photo from the Times of Israel which show IDF soldiers training to use computers for normal combat, as can be seen on their uniform insignia.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-pr...idf-running-2/

smartcooky 2nd December 2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13312192)
Poor poor Saggy. You are lying again. You stole the photo from the Times of Israel which show IDF soldiers training to use computers for normal combat, as can be seen on their uniform insignia.

Judging by the monitors and keyboards, they look like old Dell Desktops circa 2010. I used to use one like it that ran Adobe Illustrator 9* and Autocad 17 or 18.

Yeah, they did a lot of internet censorship back then :rolleyes:

ETA: Just checked. it was AI 15 (CS5)

smartcooky 2nd December 2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 13312192)

Oh, and by the way, for Saggy's information, the ring binder in the front right of the photo has the letters NTMM. This is an acronym for Neyhevl Teshetyet M'erekvet Mheshevb, which literally translates to "Infrastructure Management for Computing Systems" (I'm sure that at least one of our esteemed Jewish member will be able to confirm my translation.

Saggy, you need to be more careful when you try to misrepresent images to support your lies. Some of us have been around the traps too long to be fooled by your lame, amateurish bollocks.

Matthew Ellard 2nd December 2020 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saggy is hilarious.

Saggy spammed a photo, for he which he faked the caption, as his best evidence Israeli soldiers spam fake evidence on forums.

Saggy then wondered why the holocaust denial cult collapsed ten years ago.

Saggy then wondered why the Charlottesville Neo Nazis made fun of his Zimmer frame walker and then suggested he take the "Soylent Green solution" for old people, or those with low IQs.

Matthew Ellard 2nd December 2020 03:20 AM

Sooooooo........ Saggy?

How do you rate under Hitler's T4 program. You faked evidence so badly that everybody laughed at you. Do you think you should be....you know...put down as ......you know .......ein bisschen schwach im Kopf ..

"Aktion T4 refers to mass murder by involuntary euthanasia in early Nazi Germany."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4

Cosmic Yak 2nd December 2020 05:18 AM

Quote:

Then, look at the idiotic spam on this thread ! See the connection .... :)

I do see the connection.
It's you.
As you've just outed yourself as a Jewish intelligence officer, I assume they now have a vacancy. How do I apply? Do you get paid by the word, or is it a flat rate?

Craig4 2nd December 2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

It's funny Saggy doesn't show us where in the 1st Amendment that a social media platform or web hosting service is required to post anyone's content. If someone wants to post filth on their services, he's spectacularly failed to make the case that any social media platform is obligated to let anyone post anything they want using their services.