International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

slyjoe 9th October 2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252787)
Trump tweets

Crazy Nancy Pelosi is looking at the 25th Amendment in order to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris. The Dems want that to happen fast because Sleepy Joe is out of it!!!


Did I miss the election?

She introduces legislation to form a commission to look into Trump's mental health.

ETA: Pure race baiting.

Armitage72 9th October 2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252787)
Trump tweets

Crazy Nancy Pelosi is looking at the 25th Amendment in order to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris. The Dems want that to happen fast because Sleepy Joe is out of it!!!


More projection than all of the AMC Theaters combined.

RolandRat 9th October 2020 10:54 AM

"President Donald Trump falsely claimed in an interview on Thursday night that Virginia governor Ralph Northam "executed a baby".

"He doesn't want to talk about it. But he [Joe Biden] endorsed the Virginia governor [Ralph Northam] who ... executed a baby," Mr Trump, 74, told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"[Mr Northam] executed a baby ... the baby can be born, and then you can kill the baby. And he's totally in favour of that," he added."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Is the numpty actually referring to something specific that happened or is this just something else he pulled from his rectum?

The Great Zaganza 9th October 2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 13252812)
"President Donald Trump falsely claimed in an interview on Thursday night that Virginia governor Ralph Northam "executed a baby".

"He doesn't want to talk about it. But he [Joe Biden] endorsed the Virginia governor [Ralph Northam] who ... executed a baby," Mr Trump, 74, told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"[Mr Northam] executed a baby ... the baby can be born, and then you can kill the baby. And he's totally in favour of that," he added."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Is the numpty actually referring to something specific that happened or is this just something else he pulled from his rectum?


I think it refers to floating the idea that parents who give birth to a child with minimal chances of survival should have to choice to hold the child while it is dying right after birth, instead of putting it straight into an incubator where they won't be able to touch it, perhaps ever.

Armitage72 9th October 2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 13252812)
"President Donald Trump falsely claimed in an interview on Thursday night that Virginia governor Ralph Northam "executed a baby".

...

Is the numpty actually referring to something specific that happened or is this just something else he pulled from his rectum?


The whole executing babies/aborting after birth nonsense that Trump has babbled about in the past comes from a policy in which, when a child is born with a medical condition that is incurable and almost immediately lethal, the parents will be able to hold their child as it dies, rather than it being placed on ultimately useless life support which prevents them from ever touching their child.
I'm assuming something related to that took place in Virginia.

EDIT: Governor Northam also apparently received some flak over proposed legislation that would allow third trimester abortions of nonviable pregnancies that endangered the mother including "the tragic and extremely rare case in which a woman with a nonviable pregnancy or severe fetal abnormalities went into labor." This got turned into "legalizing infanticide".

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 11:22 AM

In case anyone was wondering—Donald Trump did not win the the Nobel Peace Prize.

MRC_Hans 9th October 2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252847)
In case anyone was wondering—Donald Trump did not win the the Nobel Peace Prize.

No, whatever his (obviously non-existing) merits, once Christian Tybring-Gjedde nominated him, it was nailed. The Nobel committee could not afford the scandal of awarding a Christian Tybring-Gjedde nominee.

They have had enough troubles as it is.

Hans

pgwenthold 9th October 2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 13252812)
"President Donald Trump falsely claimed in an interview on Thursday night that Virginia governor Ralph Northam "executed a baby".

"He doesn't want to talk about it. But he [Joe Biden] endorsed the Virginia governor [Ralph Northam] who ... executed a baby," Mr Trump, 74, told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"[Mr Northam] executed a baby ... the baby can be born, and then you can kill the baby. And he's totally in favour of that," he added."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Is the numpty actually referring to something specific that happened or is this just something else he pulled from his rectum?

Well, no, Northam never 'executed" any babies, and Trump isn't actually meaning that he did (Trump has talked about it a lot without making that claim). It's just that he mispoke.

Nominally, that's not an issue, it happens. But for someone who is putting their eggs in the basket of "my opponent's speech gaffs are signs of dementia" it matters.

The Great Zaganza 9th October 2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252847)
In case anyone was wondering—Donald Trump did not win the the Nobel Peace Prize.

But Trump totally won the Noble Peace Prize - he never wanted the Nobel Prize in the first place because it looks kinda like sour grapes.

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 11:44 AM

This clinches it. There is NO way I'm voting for Hillary in this election.

Jake Tapper Tweeted
@jaketapper
Secretary Pompeo tells Fox he’s working to get more of @HillaryClinton’s emails out before the election.
PERINO: Will that happen before the election?
POMPEO: Doing it as fast as we can. I certainly, I certainly think there'll be more to see before the election

pgwenthold 9th October 2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252872)
This clinches it. There is NO way I'm voting for Hillary in this election.

Jake Tapper Tweeted
@jaketapper
Secretary Pompeo tells Fox he’s working to get more of @HillaryClinton’s emails out before the election.
PERINO: Will that happen before the election?
POMPEO: Doing it as fast as we can. I certainly, I certainly think there'll be more to see before the election

I think Hillary should make that announcement:

Considering the activities of Secretary Pompeo, I think it would be wise that you do NOT vote for me this election. Please vote for Joe Biden instead.

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 12:01 PM

Trump Retweeted
Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022)
@TeamTrump
President @realDonaldTrump on the Rush Limbaugh Show: I am totally for protecting pre-existing conditions

Stacyhs 9th October 2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252544)
Trump on Hannity

He claims that the military will soon be delivering whatever drugs he took to get over the coronavirus to hospitals so people can get the same treatment he did for free. (Is there a single person who believes this?)

"California is gonna have to ration water. You wanna know why? Because they send millions of gallons of water out to sea, out to the Pacific. Because they want to take care of certain little tiny fish, that aren't doing very well without water."

"Number one, California should let water come down from the north, and accept it instead of throwing it out to the Pacific. But you always have to have forest management" (Hannity doesn't seem to know how to respond to this)

Sean Hannity: Have you been tested recently?
Trump: Yeah, I just saw the doctors today.
Hannity: Did you test negative?
Trump: Regeneron. Phenomenal. Phenomenal. China virus. Incredible.

"I see Witmer today, she's complaining, but it was our Justice Department that arrested the people she was complaining about, what she's doing is a horrible thing to the people"-

Trump concludes his interview with Hannity by claiming that Mike Pence refusing to commit to a peaceful transition of power during the VP debate was his "best answer" of the night

I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. It belongs in the "Trump has a severe mental illness thread" thread. :D

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 01:46 PM

Ronna McDaniel tweeted

@GOPChairwoman
Don’t believe Joe Biden’s lies, @realDonaldTrump and Republicans will always protect pre-existing conditions.

quadraginta 9th October 2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13251588)
It's like the Titanic is heading straight for the iceberg, and the captain and half of the passengers are screaming "FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!"


Somewhat ironically, it is more than a little bit likely that far fewer deaths would have resulted from a head-on collision by the Titanic into that iceberg. If nothing else there would probably have been more time for rescuers to get there and get people off the ship safely, and it is not beyond the realm of possibility that she wouldn't have sunk at all.

The sideswipe of her collision opened up five of her eight watertight compartments, just above her keel. She had been designed to stay afloat with four of them intact. A head-on collision might have only breached two or three, and probably not more than four.

And she was already going at just about her top cruising speed, so the passengers yelling would have made little difference.

Maybe this Trump debacle will shake up the country enough to knock some sense into the people who have been loudly and strenuously demonstrating their utter lack of it, but I am not very sanguine about that prospect. The type of people who are abetting and supporting Trump show little capacity for learning from their mistakes.

Delphic Oracle 9th October 2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13253054)
Somewhat ironically, it is more than a little bit likely that far fewer deaths would have resulted from a head-on collision by the Titanic into that iceberg. If nothing else there would probably have been more time for rescuers to get there and get people off the ship safely, and it is not beyond the realm of possibility that she wouldn't have sunk at all.



The sideswipe of her collision opened up five of her eight watertight compartments, just above her keel. She had been designed to stay afloat with four of them intact. A head-on collision might have only breached two or three, and probably not more than four.



And she was already going at just about her top cruising speed, so the passengers yelling would have made little difference.



Maybe this Trump debacle will shake up the country enough to knock some sense into the people who have been loudly and strenuously demonstrating their utter lack of it, but I am not very sanguine about that prospect. The type of people who are abetting and supporting Trump show little capacity for learning from their mistakes.

No, the mass and inertia involved would have almost certainly damaged the hull where the bulkheads are and caused leaks in even more compartments.

Basically the front 1/3 of the ship would have squeezed together like an accordion between the iceberg and the boilers/engine compartment.

A lot of sleeping passengers would have been thrown against a wall like ragdolls.

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13253054)
Somewhat ironically, it is more than a little bit likely that far fewer deaths would have resulted from a head-on collision by the Titanic into that iceberg. If nothing else there would probably have been more time for rescuers to get there and get people off the ship safely, and it is not beyond the realm of possibility that she wouldn't have sunk at all.

No.

Dr.Sid 9th October 2020 02:19 PM

Discussing Titanic in Trump presidency thread now ?
Sounds about right .. :)

turingtest 9th October 2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13253039)
Ronna McDaniel tweeted

@GOPChairwoman
Don’t believe Joe Biden’s lies, @realDonaldTrump and Republicans will always protect pre-existing conditions.

How? What's the actual damn plan? You guys have had four years in the White House, and the first two years after Trump's election with a majority in the House, to come up with something concrete; and the best you've done is an Executive Order that just states that it should be government policy to protect pre-existing conditions, while simultaneously pushing a lawsuit that would kill the only law that actually does protect them. That EO won't cut it, much as you'd like your dim-witted followers to believe that that's all it really takes- you need to pass a law.

Stacyhs 9th October 2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13253039)
Ronna McDaniel tweeted

@GOPChairwoman
Don’t believe Joe Biden’s lies, @realDonaldTrump and Republicans will always protect pre-existing conditions.

Believe our lies instead!

Mumbles 9th October 2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13252827)
I think it refers to floating the idea that parents who give birth to a child with minimal chances of survival should have to choice to hold the child while it is dying right after birth, instead of putting it straight into an incubator where they won't be able to touch it, perhaps ever.

This is exactly what it refers to - it's essentially using tragedy to enrage anti-abortion extremists. "I knew it, they want to kill babies!!!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13252847)
In case anyone was wondering—Donald Trump did not win the the Nobel Peace Prize.

Of course not, and he should not do so.

The real secret here - Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize in his first year as president, and Dolt 45 wants one based on his thinking "Me Trump am greatest president much better than Negro Obama!" This explains why he continues to whine and cry about it, while Obama has almost never mentioned it.

Of course, Obama's Nobel was not earned through his actions to that point, which he himself noted in his acceptance speech. And his favorite thing in the White House during his presidency was apparently not the Nobel Prize, it was a photo of himself bending down so a little black boy could feel his hair and realize that they're the same.

Giordano 9th October 2020 03:55 PM

To paraphrase a quote attributed to Harriet Tubman about slavery:

Trump, “I saved over 2 million lives! Actually I could have saved 8 million more if I had bothered to lift my fat finger and had done anything, anything at all to fight this disease.”

Calculated based on Trump’s “logic” and USA covid-19 mortality rates versus those of almost any other 1st or 2nd world country.

Captain_Swoop 9th October 2020 05:20 PM

Trump Tweets

Documents reveal that General Flynn was entrapped!
@EveningEdit
@FoxNews

Stacyhs 9th October 2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13253237)
Trump Tweets

Documents reveal that General Flynn was entrapped!
@EveningEdit
@FoxNews

Documents that will never, ever be revealed!

Segnosaur 9th October 2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13253247)
Documents that will never, ever be revealed!

They will be in 2 weeks...

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Ladewig 9th October 2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13253247)
Documents that will never, ever be revealed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13253256)
They will be in 2 weeks...

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I don’t think we are even “2 weeks” away from the release.
I think we are “2 weeks” away from learning when the documents will be released.

Elagabalus 9th October 2020 09:31 PM

Trump Jr calls for 'army' of supporters to 'protect ballots'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-b605186.html

The Great Zaganza 10th October 2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elagabalus (Post 13253342)
Trump Jr calls for 'army' of supporters to 'protect ballots'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-b605186.html

arrest him for indicting a riot.
As well as anyone showing up near a polling place with a weapon.

dirtywick 10th October 2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 13252812)
"President Donald Trump falsely claimed in an interview on Thursday night that Virginia governor Ralph Northam "executed a baby".

"He doesn't want to talk about it. But he [Joe Biden] endorsed the Virginia governor [Ralph Northam] who ... executed a baby," Mr Trump, 74, told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"[Mr Northam] executed a baby ... the baby can be born, and then you can kill the baby. And he's totally in favour of that," he added."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Is the numpty actually referring to something specific that happened or is this just something else he pulled from his rectum?

He needs to be careful with this. He just took one as medicine

Ladewig 10th October 2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13253428)
arrest him for indicting a riot.
As well as anyone showing up near a polling place with a weapon.

Not a lawyer.
But my reading of the laws leads me to suspect that getting that change to stick would be a difficult row to hoe. If he said it on the morning of Election Day, it might be different. I’m not sure because I am not a lawyer.

I am sure that it is a reckless, stupid, and dangerously ambiguous thing to say. Unless, of course, one is deliberately trying to eff up an election, in which case it is precisely the right thing to say.

The Great Zaganza 10th October 2020 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13253478)
Not a lawyer.
But my reading of the laws leads me to suspect that getting that change to stick would be a difficult row to hoe. If he said it on the morning of Election Day, it might be different. I’m not sure because I am not a lawyer.

I am sure that it is a reckless, stupid, and dangerously ambiguous thing to say. Unless, of course, one is deliberately trying to eff up an election, in which case it is precisely the right thing to say.

I think you are right that the difference is that it is not yet election day - it's only a crime if it calls for immediate violence.
For their own sake, the Trumps should hand their phones to their lawyers on election day.

Craig4 10th October 2020 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13252854)
Well, no, Northam never 'executed" any babies, and Trump isn't actually meaning that he did (Trump has talked about it a lot without making that claim). It's just that he mispoke.

Nominally, that's not an issue, it happens. But for someone who is putting their eggs in the basket of "my opponent's speech gaffs are signs of dementia" it matters.

I think Trump might be talking about Northam supporting a bill that only allowed third trimester abortions in case of a non-viable fetus or severe deformation. He stipulated that if a delivery should occur during the procedure the baby should be resuscitated if the mother or parents wished it.

Aridas 10th October 2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13252788)
Not to mention that the surviving portion had a relatively benevolent world superpower available to come in, clear out the worst of the malefactors, reorganize the government, restructure the economy, and hold their hand until they became a stable, democratic society.

Not sure who would do that for us.

Canada, mebbe?

Mexico might have the best chance - after the Republicans strategically sabotage border defenses and give directions to Mexicans to invade as part of a political strategy, then proceed to utterly f up their attempts at defending the country because of rank incompetence and continued sabotage after seeing how inflamed and engaged America becomes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turingtest (Post 13253084)
How? What's the actual damn plan?

Destroy the protections in court. Say "See? That was illegal all along. Here, let's do something not illegal," which just happens to be returning to insurance companies denying or charging massively more for coverage of people with pre-existing conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbles (Post 13253164)
The real secret here

I don't believe you. How is that a secret?



Elsewhere...

Lindsey Graham explains Blacks 'can go anywhere ... you just need to be conservative not liberal'

:eye-poppi

Interesting claim. Is this him admitting that "conservatives" are actively hostile to everyone else, especially liberals, in his attempt to spin brazenly on the subject?

Elsewhere, Trump really is advertising in California, apparently.

In the usual Trump Admin horror show corruption manner - The Trump administration got caught siphoning millions from the 9/11 Fund, but won’t give it back

They do have the money to spend more than that, though, in trying to make themselves look good. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Seema Verma has been in charge of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under Trump. She has not been able, along with Mnuchin, to figure out a way to get that money back to the 9/11 Fireman’s fund, although she has reportedly been able to steer another $5 million in taxpayer money toward her buddies and the communications consultants brought in to “burnish her image.”
Also, in an... umm... more interesting tale than usual involving highly unethical behavior and reasonably likely to be criminal deed -

The mystery of a GOP congressman's seemingly rent-free campaign office

Ethics experts say Rep. Jim Hagedorn may have violated federal election law.


Long story short, there's multiple conflicting stories about a space that, at the least, no longer exists and no rent was ever paid for, but is still being claimed as the location where the Republican's campaign office is.

The Great Zaganza 10th October 2020 08:03 AM

Remember how Trump singlehandedly dealt with North Korea, solving the problem forever?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...KBN26V01K?il=0

On the big Military parade, North Korea displayed their ICBM, the one already tested, new versions for launch from submarines as well as a new ICBM described by experts as "a Monster", possibly the largest road-portable ICBM in the world.

Safe-Keeper 10th October 2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13253584)
Remember how Trump singlehandedly dealt with North Korea, solving the problem forever?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...KBN26V01K?il=0

On the big Military parade, North Korea displayed their ICBM, the one already tested, new versions for launch from submarines as well as a new ICBM described by experts as "a Monster", possibly the largest road-portable ICBM in the world.

Has he gotten the Nobel peace prize yet?

The Great Zaganza 10th October 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13253593)
Has he gotten the Nobel Noble peace prize yet?

FTFY

Ladewig 10th October 2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13253481)
I think you are right that the difference is that it is not yet election day - it's only a crime if it calls for immediate violence.
For their own sake, the Trumps should hand their phones to their lawyers on election day.

President Trump is so childish that if you managed to give the “should hand over their cell phones” thing legs and got it into national media, then Trump would try to be even crazier on Election Day.

ETA
I’d love to see what would happen if one could get MSM talking heads to all day, “President Trump does not have the authority to sell the White House furniture and pocket the money. And he certainly does not have the authority to sell the Obama portrait that he refuses to hang.”

Ladewig 10th October 2020 10:03 AM

I don’t think this particular quote appeared in this thread

Campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Sept. 19.

“ Can you believe it, in one week they nominated me, not for one, but for two Nobel prizes. But you know, you have a president, you love your president, and your president gets honored, because I’m not being honored, you’re being honored with the Nobel Peace Prize, for Israel, what we did with Israel.”

I think it’d be hard to pick the 10 stupidest things he has said since 2015.


ETA
It’d be hard to pick the 10 stupidest things he has said since January 1.

shemp 10th October 2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13253593)
Has he gotten the Nobel peace prize yet?

He got the Nobel piss prize in 2017.

shemp 10th October 2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13253652)
I don’t think this particular quote appeared in this thread

Campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Sept. 19.

“ Can you believe it, in one week they nominated me, not for one, but for two Nobel prizes. But you know, you have a president, you love your president, and your president gets honored, because I’m not being honored, you’re being honored with the Nobel Peace Prize, for Israel, what we did with Israel.”

I think it’d be hard to pick the 10 stupidest things he has said since 2015.


ETA
It’d be hard to pick the 10 stupidest things he has said since January 1.

It’d be hard to pick the 10 stupidest things he has said today.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.