International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

The Great Zaganza 5th September 2020 02:25 AM

This belongs in the "Can we can the Trump regime fascist yet" thread.

Pixel42 5th September 2020 02:45 AM

IIRC the story at the time was that Trump had had a flaming row with President Macron, and didn't go to the cemetery because he was sulking in his room.

I have to say both explanations seem equally plausible to me.

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 02:53 AM

This seems to have rattled Trump judging by the number of tweets and retweets he pissed out.

The Great Zaganza 5th September 2020 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13213015)
IIRC the story at the time was that Trump had had a flaming row with President Macron, and didn't go to the cemetery because he was sulking in his room.

I have to say both explanations seem equally plausible to me.

Most likely both are true: Trump was looking for a reason not to go and found one.

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 03:38 AM

Trump Retweeted
Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
“Trump received 28% of the Hispanic vote four years ago. But a fresh national @QuinnipiacPoll⁩ pegged the president’s support with this demographic at 36%.”


Natalie Harp - Text TRUMP to 88022
@NatalieJHarp
We are living a GREAT AMERICAN STORY—only because you are in it, President @realDonaldTrump!
“Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God” (Philippians 1:3).

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 03:39 AM

Trump Tweets

So true!
Quote Tweet

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
@TrumpWarRoom

Joe Biden abandoned our veterans who needed care at the VA.
He abandoned our soldiers on the battlefield who were targeted by Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani.
He abandoned our military, letting it fall into disrepair.
Joe Biden didn't keep our troops safe.

Crazy Chainsaw 5th September 2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13213020)
Most likely both are true: Trump was looking for a reason not to go and found one.

That can't be so your talking about a man who Partnered with a 9/11No Planer who thought the Navy, fired a Cruse missile into. The Pentagon 0n 9/11/2001, to promote an idiot Conspiracy Theory that violated the very Laws of physics against the Commander in Chief of the United States Millitary!
As I told you they would have Murdered you and your whole Family to keep that secret.
Trump's is Just another idiot Conspiracy theorist he believes pro German Crazy Theories about world war one!
He thinks the USA was wrong to be involved.

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 04:45 AM

Trump Tweets

Trump Orders Purge of ‘Critical Race Theory‘ from Federal Agencies https://breitbart.com/tech/2020/09/0...eral-agencies/ via @BreitbartNews This is a sickness that cannot be allowed to continue. Please report any sightings so we can quickly extinguish!

Beelzebuddy 5th September 2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213092)
Trump Tweets

Trump Orders Purge of ‘Critical Race Theory‘ from Federal Agencies https://breitbart.com/tech/2020/09/0...eral-agencies/ via @BreitbartNews This is a sickness that cannot be allowed to continue. Please report any sightings so we can quickly extinguish!

I believe I have sighted a sickness that cannot be allowed to continue.

Segnosaur 5th September 2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay (Post 13212986)
Looking into this, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the Atlantic "suckers and losers" alleged quote.

Nobody has said they were there to hear it, and it wasn't written by anyone.

I'm disappointed by The Atlantic.

I don't think you understand the concept of "evidence".

A reporter from a reputable news source (which would include a magazine like the Atlantic) getting similar stories from individuals who would be privy to events is evidence. Perhaps not as strong as audio/video evidence, but it is still evidence none the less.

And Trump's past history (I like soldiers that weren't captured) lends credibility to those accounts.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Wudang 5th September 2020 05:31 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orth-joe-biden
Quote:

Elizabeth Neumann, a former assistant secretary of counter-terrorism in the Department of Homeland Security, and Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff in that department, said the account was true, asserting that Trump’s low opinion of soldiers killed and wounded in combat was well known inside the administration.

Segnosaur 5th September 2020 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wudang (Post 13213112)
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orth-joe-biden

Elizabeth Neumann, a former assistant secretary of counter-terrorism in the Department of Homeland Security, and Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff in that department, said the account was true,

What does she know? She just got coffee and was fired because she was bad at her job and was part of the deep state.

Plus she is a woman and probably on her period.



Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wudang (Post 13213112)

See! Sources!

alfaniner 5th September 2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13213116)
What does she know? She just got coffee and was fired because she was bad at her job and was part of the deep state.

Plus she is a woman and probably on her period.

And nasty. Don't forget nasty.

thaiboxerken 5th September 2020 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay (Post 13212986)
Looking into this, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the Atlantic "suckers and losers" alleged quote.

Nobody has said they were there to hear it, and it wasn't written by anyone.

I'm disappointed by The Atlantic.

Are you also disappointed by Fox News and the AP that corroborated the story?

BobTheCoward 5th September 2020 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13213160)
Are you also disappointed by Fox News and the AP that corroborated the story?

They didn't do crap. Repeating a claim without evidence is still a claim without evidence.

thaiboxerken 5th September 2020 06:41 AM

https://www.masslive.com/politics/20...cid=uxbndlbing

Trump cracks down on anti-racism training, calling such traning "divisive, anti-American propoganda."

But he's not a white supremacist.....

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13213163)
https://www.masslive.com/politics/20...cid=uxbndlbing

Trump cracks down on anti-racism training, calling such traning "divisive, anti-American propoganda."

But he's not a white supremacist.....

From his Tweet on the matter "This is a sickness that cannot be allowed to continue. Please report any sightings so we can quickly extinguish!"

Steve 5th September 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13213163)
https://www.masslive.com/politics/20...cid=uxbndlbing

Trump cracks down on anti-racism training, calling such traning "divisive, anti-American propoganda."

But he's not a white supremacist.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213165)
From his Tweet on the matter "This is a sickness that cannot be allowed to continue. Please report any sightings so we can quickly extinguish!"

40% of the voters in your country will indicate approval or acceptance of this by voting for him in November. Those voters will include a not insignificant number of visible minorities. Trump is not the big problem in your country. The big issue is the combination of systemic racism and ignorance inherent in so many of your citizens. If Trump loses the election that will not change at all. I have said previously that there is so much hate among Americans. That will not be changed in the foreseeable future regardless of which politicians are elected. It may become less visible but it will still be there. What America needs to do is take on a long term commitment to reduce the hatred.

Mumbles 5th September 2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13213163)
https://www.masslive.com/politics/20...cid=uxbndlbing

Trump cracks down on anti-racism training, calling such traning "divisive, anti-American propoganda."

But he's not a white supremacist.....

I'm skeptical of HR training in general, as it's often designed to shield the company from liability more than anything else.

Having said that, the guy who plainly thinks that only white people can be truly American (as shown in, among other issues, his birtherism, his statement that US-born women of color should "go back to whatever country they came from", and his statement that Benjamin Netanyahu is the Prime Minister of US jewish people) mark him as an obvious bigot.

Or to make it simple: I don't know if this training does anything useful, but I know that's not why Dolt 45 is targeting it.

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 07:26 AM

Trump Tweets
Not any more!
Quote Tweet

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Critical race theory is the greatest threat to western civilization and it’s made its way into the US federal government, the military, and the justice system.

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 07:31 AM

Trump Retweeted

Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson
Trump Tells Federal Government to Stop Anti-American Training on Critical Race Theory!
You're welcome, America.

Karlyn Borysenko
@DrKarlynB
Seriously this is so incredibly important. As an I/O psychologist, I’ve seen the results of these trainings. Not only are they harmful to the individual, but they are also incredibly harmful to team collaboration and cohesion. Just say no to critical race theory. It does not work

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Bravo! Trump Bans Federal Money From Funding Far-Left Anti-American ‘Critical Race Theory’

Colin Wright
@SwipeWright
WHITE HOUSE: "The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government."

Tom Ascol
@tomascol
WOW. @realDonaldTrump has ordered all federal agencies to “cease and desist” any government training programs that include any reference to “critical race theory” or “white privilege." Thank you, Mr. President.

Rogan O’Handley
@DC_Draino
The tides are finally turning against critical race theory

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trump is banning Critical Race Theory in the federal government. No more of this garbage, especially not on taxpayer dollars.

The Daily Wire
@realDailyWire
BREAKING: Trump Bans Federal Money From Funding Far-Left Anti-American ‘Critical Race Theory’ http://dlvr.it/Rg11gR

General Halley HelicopterRose
@HalleyBorderCol

omg, Trump is halting all government critical race theory training!
This is amazing.
https://whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...09/M-20-34.pdf

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 07:33 AM

Trump Retweeted
Glenn Beck
@glennbeck
Yet another very important difference between ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ and #BeijingBiden. Thank you mr president for understanding the destructive power of Critical Race Theory. It is another poison from the demonic mind of Karl Marx. Schools next?

Marina Medvin Flag of United States
@MarinaMedvin
Trump’s administration cracks down on racist teachings in various executive branch agencies: “divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government”

Christopher F. Rufo
@realchrisrufo
On Tuesday, I called on the President to abolish critical race theory in the federal government. Tonight, he delivered.
This executive action is the first successful counterattack against critical race theory in American history.
Tonight, we celebrate; tomorrow, back to war.

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle
Sorry liberals! How to be Anti-White 101 is permanently cancelled!

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 07:34 AM

Trump Tweets

You work so hard for the military, from completely rebuilding a depleted mess that was left by OBiden, to fixing a broken V.A. and fighting for large scale military pay raises, and then a slimeball reporter, maybe working with disgruntled people, makes up such a horrible charge..

....This reminds me of the Dirty Dossier, which was pushed hard by John McCain, & then with a thud turned out to be a total fraud. So many other scams also. The Radical Far Left is VICIOUS, they will do or say anything to win. But they won’t, we will WIN, & have four great years!

Dr.Sid 5th September 2020 07:54 AM

Is he losing it ? Because if he kept his cool, this could just pass by. His true fans would never believe fake media. But if the big D. himself loses it, it might be different.

varwoche 5th September 2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay (Post 13212986)
Looking into this, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the Atlantic "suckers and losers" alleged quote.

Nobody has said they were there to hear it, and it wasn't written by anyone.

I'm disappointed by The Atlantic.

Not so fast. According to Jennifer Griffin, national security correspondent for Fox News:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin
According to one former senior Trump administration official: When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker'

Trump is demanding she be fired.

TheSupermeerkat 5th September 2020 08:28 AM

Could this troops thing be the thing that sinks him? This apparent, slow turning of Fox puts me in mind of Murdoch in the early days of the UK 97 General Election when they slowly started to turn their support to the Labour Government of Tony Blair.

Babbylonian 5th September 2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213210)
Trump Tweets

You work so hard for the military, from completely rebuilding a depleted mess that was left by OBiden, to fixing a broken V.A. and fighting for large scale military pay raises, and then a slimeball reporter, maybe working with disgruntled people, makes up such a horrible charge..

....This reminds me of the Dirty Dossier, which was pushed hard by John McCain, & then with a thud turned out to be a total fraud. So many other scams also. The Radical Far Left is VICIOUS, they will do or say anything to win. But they won’t, we will WIN, & have four great years!

John McCain, famously a member of "The Radical Far Left."

Even if every word in The Atlantic was false (highly doubtful), Trump is such a ******* dunce that he shouldn't be allowed to hold any responsible job.

Babbylonian 5th September 2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat (Post 13213249)
Could this troops thing be the thing that sinks him? This apparent, slow turning of Fox puts me in mind of Murdoch in the early days of the UK 97 General Election when they slowly started to turn their support to the Labour Government of Tony Blair.

It's possible. Being seen as unsupportive of "the troops" used to be a cardinal sin for any US politician, regardless of party affiliation.

Shooting someone in the middle of 5th Avenue is one thing. Disrespecting the troops, especially those who died in service to their country, is quite another.

Even if most of his base are willing to excuse any sin Trump commits, he can't afford to lose even a couple percent of those votes come November. It's not like he's going to make it up with converted Democrats.

varwoche 5th September 2020 08:37 AM

John Kelly's silence speaks volumes.

It would be better though if he would get off his servile ass and say something.

angrysoba 5th September 2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13212867)
Trump Tweets

Jennifer Griffin of Fox News Did Not Confirm ‘Most Salacious‘ Part of Atlantic Story https://breitbart.com/2020-election/...tlantic-story/ via @BreitbartNews
All refuted by many witnesses. Jennifer Griffin should be fired for this kind of reporting. Never even called us for comment. @FoxNewsis gone!

Exclusive: Nearly 700 U.S. Veterans Issue Open Letter in Support of Trump https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...port-of-trump/ via @BreitbartNews Thank you! As we get closer and closer to the November 3rd Election, and as my poll numbers rocket up, the attacks get more and more vicious. I love our HEROES!

Cancel Culture in action!

angrysoba 5th September 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213207)
Trump Retweeted

Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson
Trump Tells Federal Government to Stop Anti-American Training on Critical Race Theory!
You're welcome, America.

Karlyn Borysenko
@DrKarlynB
Seriously this is so incredibly important. As an I/O psychologist, I’ve seen the results of these trainings. Not only are they harmful to the individual, but they are also incredibly harmful to team collaboration and cohesion. Just say no to critical race theory. It does not work

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Bravo! Trump Bans Federal Money From Funding Far-Left Anti-American ‘Critical Race Theory’

Colin Wright
@SwipeWright
WHITE HOUSE: "The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government."

Tom Ascol
@tomascol
WOW. @realDonaldTrump has ordered all federal agencies to “cease and desist” any government training programs that include any reference to “critical race theory” or “white privilege." Thank you, Mr. President.

Rogan O’Handley
@DC_Draino
The tides are finally turning against critical race theory

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trump is banning Critical Race Theory in the federal government. No more of this garbage, especially not on taxpayer dollars.

The Daily Wire
@realDailyWire
BREAKING: Trump Bans Federal Money From Funding Far-Left Anti-American ‘Critical Race Theory’ http://dlvr.it/Rg11gR

General Halley HelicopterRose
@HalleyBorderCol

omg, Trump is halting all government critical race theory training!
This is amazing.
https://whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...09/M-20-34.pdf

More cancel culture!

Captain_Swoop 5th September 2020 08:58 AM

Trump mentioned the Veterans Choice health care program on Thursday as evidence of his support for the troops and how much he has done.
2 problems.
It signed into law by Obama in 2014 and it was McCain's bill.

Mojo 5th September 2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213271)
Trump mentioned the Veterans Choice health care program on Thursday as evidence of his support for the troops and how much he has done.
2 problems.
It signed into law by Obama in 2014 and it was McCain's bill.


But think of the effort it must have taken Trump not to repeal it!

pgwenthold 5th September 2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 13213251)
John McCain, famously a member of "The Radical Far Left."

12 years ago, McCain was the GOP republican nominee for President. 8 years ago, it was Mitt Romney.

The current republican party considers them to be frauds and RINOs.

But it's obviously the Democrats who have swung far left....

pgwenthold 5th September 2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213271)
Trump mentioned the Veterans Choice health care program on Thursday as evidence of his support for the troops and how much he has done.

Actually, you are incorrect here. He mentioned the Veterans Choice act as evidence that he has done more to support the troops than McCain did.


Quote:

2 problems.
It signed into law by Obama in 2014 and it was McCain's bill.


Whoops.

The problem is that the magats STILL defend him.

Dr.Sid 5th September 2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13213292)
The problem is that the magats STILL defend him.

That's the thing. They support him not because what other said about him, but what he himself says about him. Trump himself must admit mistake for them to even realize he could have made one, and he will never do that.

The Great Zaganza 5th September 2020 10:03 AM

Everyone condemning Trump for his comments is in the wrong.

They should instead point their anger at Republicans, which have been certain to have had the Military in their ears about Trump's behavior for the last years.

Republicans have abandoned the Military to their Dear Leader to play and break.
If you support the Troops, you don't vote GOP.

chrispy 5th September 2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13213271)
Trump mentioned the Veterans Choice health care program on Thursday as evidence of his support for the troops and how much he has done.
2 problems.
It signed into law by Obama in 2014 and it was McCain's bill.

He has repeatedly stated this falsehood. It has been called out every single time as false, yet he KEEPS repeating this lie. The man in mentally unwell and completely incapable of leading the US of A. What a vile person.

Ladewig 5th September 2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy (Post 13213315)
He has repeatedly stated this falsehood. It has been called out every single time as false, yet he KEEPS repeating this lie. The man in mentally unwell and completely incapapable of leading the US of A. What a vile person.


All available evidence points to that conclusion.


I mean All available evidence.

.

Aridas 5th September 2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13213314)
Everyone condemning Trump for his comments is in the wrong.

They should instead point their anger at Republicans, which have been certain to have had the Military in their ears about Trump's behavior for the last years.

Mmm. I partially disagree. If they're ONLY condemning Trump, there's a case to be made, but condemning Trump AND his enablers eliminates that case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13213314)
Republicans have abandoned the Military to their Dear Leader to play and break.
If you support the Troops, you don't vote GOP.

To understand my perspective on this comment, it might be worth poking at the overall perspective differences in evidence. The right-wing/Republicans effectively treats our military as a weapon to be used for their benefit in practice and their actions largely follow from that. The left-wing/Democrats far more regard our military as people working to serve and protect the country and their actions largely follow from that. The duty that the different groups tends to feel towards them in return for their service ends up being qualitatively different in nature in the end.

If you support the troops themselves, vote Democrat. If you support shows of force without really caring about the troops, vote Republican. This has been true since long before Trump. Trump's just much more obvious about it and given permission for many of the others to shed their pretense even more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy (Post 13213315)
He has repeatedly stated this falsehood. It has been called out every single time as false, yet he KEEPS repeating this lie. The man in mentally unwell and completely incapable of leading the US of A. What a vile person.

I think that you might be misunderstanding what he's doing here. It's not about being mentally unwell so much as creating and feeding into a mythical alternative narrative. It's similar tactics as what the Nazis used. Yes, he is vile. Yes, this is evidence that he's ethically unwell. This isn't evidence that he's mentally unwell, though.

Resume 5th September 2020 11:18 AM

I know many of you don't click on YouTube videos . . .
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Trump ‘Doesn’t Deserve To Be Commander-In-Chief’ Says Sen. Tammy Duckworth | Deadline | MSNBC

Listen at the 5:40 mark when Duckworth describes her comrades risking their lives to retrieve her, even though they thought her dead. Then try and imagine Donald Trump making a sacrifice anywhere close to this.

Can't do it, can you.

thaiboxerken 5th September 2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13213386)
I know many of you don't click on YouTube videos . . .
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Trump ‘Doesn’t Deserve To Be Commander-In-Chief’ Says Sen. Tammy Duckworth | Deadline | MSNBC

Listen at the 5:40 mark when Duckworth describes her comrades risking their lives to retrieve her, even though they thought her dead. Then try and imagine Donald Trump making a sacrifice anywhere close to this.

Can't do it, can you.

Hey, he risked his life by banging hookers. It was his own, personal Vietnam.

chrispy 5th September 2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13213373)
Mmm. I partially disagree. If they're ONLY condemning Trump, there's a case to be made, but condemning Trump AND his enablers eliminates that case.



To understand my perspective on this comment, it might be worth poking at the overall perspective differences in evidence. The right-wing/Republicans effectively treats our military as a weapon to be used for their benefit in practice and their actions largely follow from that. The left-wing/Democrats far more regard our military as people working to serve and protect the country and their actions largely follow from that. The duty that the different groups tends to feel towards them in return for their service ends up being qualitatively different in nature in the end.

If you support the troops themselves, vote Democrat. If you support shows of force without really caring about the troops, vote Republican. This has been true since long before Trump. Trump's just much more obvious about it and given permission for many of the others to shed their pretense even more.



I think that you might be misunderstanding what he's doing here. It's not about being mentally unwell so much as creating and feeding into a mythical alternative narrative. It's similar tactics as what the Nazis used. Yes, he is vile. Yes, this is evidence that he's ethically unwell. This isn't evidence that he's mentally unwell, though.


I completely agree with what you say here. I would say that I'm not misunderstanding, but rather I unintentially understated what is going is going. Ethically unwell? Sure, no problem with that. Everything he has done in the lat so many years since his birtherism bullcrap shows that. That said, I really do think he is also mentallly unwell. I think he demonstarted that to enth degree as well. Again, the man is an awful person in ALL ways possible.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13212907)
Of course the story is plausible. And IMO that's a problem for Trump. I think anyone who knows him can well imagine that he said such things. One thing I do wonder, why is the story coming out now? These events took place months or years ago.

ETA: That said, I believe every word of it.

Might have been triggered by James Mattis' recent outing of Trump as not being the Law and Order POTUS.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDLarsen (Post 13212978)
Another one from the "Mandatory pointless lie about a trivial thing"-file:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/p...eck/index.html

He can't help himself. When he lies and gets called on it (in a more massive way than the other lies he gets called on) he has to keep spinning the tale as if that makes it true. And it probably does make it more true to him.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay (Post 13212986)
Looking into this, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the Atlantic "suckers and losers" alleged quote.

Nobody has said they were there to hear it, and it wasn't written by anyone.

I'm disappointed by The Atlantic.

Unless you believe the Atlantic has no pride in its reporting:
Quote:

according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day.

Skeptic Ginger 5th September 2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13212993)
So many responses.

A. And then the whole bus cheered.1

B. And then the woman sailor said, “please stop touching me, you creepy creep.”

C. And then the sailor’s arms grew back, because, you know, God sent Donald Trump to do His work here in America.

D. And a photographer began focusing his camera, but President Donald J Trump said in a clear, strong voice, “Stop. Your presence cheapens this moment. Leave.”

E. And then Donald Trump asked the soldier. “Are you thirsty? Because I can hold up a glass of water for you. Hold it up in one hand?

F. And then the airman said, “America wants your face on Mt. Rushmore, Mr. President, sir. And we don’t mind at all that the rain prevented you from visiting that cemetery and besides all those Europeans are freeloaders anyway.”



........
(1) the kids use this phrase to say “there’s a lot of fakiness in that fake story.”

I like D.:D

Aridas 5th September 2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy (Post 13213397)
I completely agree with what you say here. I would say that I'm not misunderstanding, but rather I unintentially understated what is going is going. Ethically unwell? Sure, no problem with that. Everything he has done in the lat so many years since his birtherism bullcrap shows that. That said, I really do think he is also mentallly unwell. I think he demonstarted that to enth degree as well. Again, the man is an awful person in ALL ways possible.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to argue against the mentally unwell label. It's just that that particular thing isn't good evidence in that direction, in and of itself, and in general, is only of tangential relevance to mental state concerns. Add a lot more of the rest and malignant narcissism seems to be almost certainly the case, of course.

Stacyhs 5th September 2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 13213194)
40% of the voters in your country will indicate approval or acceptance of this by voting for him in November. Those voters will include a not insignificant number of visible minorities. Trump is not the big problem in your country. The big issue is the combination of systemic racism and ignorance inherent in so many of your citizens. If Trump loses the election that will not change at all. I have said previously that there is so much hate among Americans. That will not be changed in the foreseeable future regardless of which politicians are elected. It may become less visible but it will still be there. What America needs to do is take on a long term commitment to reduce the hatred.

I agree that this country has so much racism and division and I know it's not going to go away any time soon. It's too ingrained. It runs too deep. We're only fooling ourselves if we think otherwise. That's become apparent with the rise of Trump when it's crawled out from the shadows and Trump is only stoking the fires for his own interests.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.