International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The post-Trump fascist creep catch-all thread (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350859)

Bob001 8th April 2022 10:55 AM

The next step: Ending public education.
Quote:

Earlier this week, the man who's been widely credited with single-handedly willing the "critical race theory" panic into existence (even if the truth is a bit more complex), laid out a new set of marching orders for the right: Defund public universities, discard academic freedom, remove credentialing requirements for K-12 teachers and generally foster so much anger against public schools that it drives a nationwide popular movement to privatize education.
https://www.salon.com/2022/04/08/the...lic-education/

Stacyhs 8th April 2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13778865)
The next step: Ending public education.

https://www.salon.com/2022/04/08/the...lic-education/

What's scary is that an ass like Rufo can have so much influence over one of our major political parties. But then again, Republicans are fervently embracing those who, not too long ago, would have been considered nuts even by them.

Bob001 8th April 2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13778916)
What's scary is that an ass like Rufo can have so much influence over one of our major political parties. But then again, Republicans are fervently embracing those who, not too long ago, would have been considered nuts even by them.

They are desperately defending white power. Nothing else matters.

Stacyhs 8th April 2022 12:54 PM

Speaking of hypocrites and pedophiles:

Quote:

An ex-GOP staffer who helped design social media ads for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign has been sentenced to more than 12 years in prison for receiving hundreds of child sexual abuse materials, including videos of babies being raped.

Ruben Verastigui, 29, reportedly posted a photograph of himself at the White House just two months before his arrest on child pornography offenses. According to his now-deleted LinkedIn account, Verastigui previously worked as a senior digital strategist for the Senate Republican Conference and the Republican National Committee. Verastigui also acted as the digital media coordinator for the anti-abortion group Students for Life of America. He left the Republican Conference in July of 2020 to become the communications manager for the nonprofit group Citizens For Responsible Energy Solutions, his profile said.
https://lawandcrime.com/crime/pro-li...getting-raped/


I took a look at this guy's FB page suspecting a white police officer in MS just miiiiiiiight be a Republican and sure 'nuff, he's a Trump supporter, "Christian", law and order guy who wants to protect the public against murderers, rapists, and pedophiles:
https://www.facebook.com/joshua.stockstill

Quote:

A former Mississippi police sergeant was sentenced to 30 years in prison several months after he agreed to plead guilty to one count of producing a video of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct, the Department of Justice announced on Thursday.

A copy of the plea agreement obtained by Law&Crime shows that Joshua Christopher Stockstill, 29, signed the document on Oct. 25, 2021. The agreement hit the court docket on Nov. 30, 2021.

As Law&Crime previously reported, the defendant was busted in July 2021 just hours after the FBI released a photo of him. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) said it “provided critical information” which led to the arrest of Stockstill, who was then known to investigators as “John Doe 44.”
https://lawandcrime.com/crime/former...-exploitation/

bruto 8th April 2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13778966)
Speaking of hypocrites and pedophiles:


https://lawandcrime.com/crime/pro-li...getting-raped/


I took a look at this guy's FB page suspecting a white police officer in MS just miiiiiiiight be a Republican and sure 'nuff, he's a Trump supporter, "Christian", law and order guy who wants to protect the public against murderers, rapists, and pedophiles:
https://www.facebook.com/joshua.stockstill


https://lawandcrime.com/crime/former...-exploitation/

But I suppose if they rape them right away and don't wait, they don't count as "groomers," so that's OK. It's proactive!

Delphic Oracle 8th April 2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13778865)
The next step: Ending public education.



https://www.salon.com/2022/04/08/the...lic-education/

But isn't that like cancel culture?

Stacyhs 8th April 2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle (Post 13778985)
But isn't that like cancel culture?

All in the name of protecting the children. :rolleyes:

johnny karate 8th April 2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13779016)
All in the name of protecting the children. :rolleyes:

In fairness, I also have a strong desire to protect my spouse.

Stacyhs 8th April 2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny karate (Post 13779059)
In fairness, I also have a strong desire to protect my spouse.

Ok, Will. :p

IsThisTheLife 8th April 2022 04:29 PM

Should I start a "post-Trump" liberal creep catch-all thread?

Sideroxylon 8th April 2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife (Post 13779149)
Should I start a "post-Trump" liberal creep catch-all thread?

Crap or get off the pot, old mate.

Aridas 8th April 2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13778950)
They are desperately defending white power. Nothing else matters.

I'd suggest desperately defending and strengthening (wannabe) oligarch power would be more to the point. The whole white power thing is fairly certainly more a means to that end, rather than the end itself, in the usual divide and conquer way. That's not to say that the US doesn't have a long and strong history of racism, of course, because it does, but... since back in the southern plantation days, it's been all about the very rich leaning hard into justifying/excusing/defending their actions as they sought to defend and increase their wealth and power, with much of the manifestation of racism in the US being fallout from that ongoing struggle by the rich and powerful, just like many of the other pointedly harmful things and big lies that have been spread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle (Post 13778985)
But isn't that like cancel culture?

Silly. It's not cancel culture if it's being done by the Right! It's Patriotism!

Bob001 9th April 2022 02:44 AM

One of the orginators of Critical Race Theory talks about what it is and isn't.
Quote:

Critical race theory is a prism for understanding why decades after the end of segregation, over a century and a half after the end of slavery, after genocide has occurred, why racial inequalities are so enduring. Initially, critical race theory focused on law’s role in creating racial inequalities and continuously facilitating them. We were that second generation after the formal collapse of segregation to go into institutions to see the ways that these institutions — largely created during a time where most marginalized people of color were not part of them — function. What are the ways that those institutional structures continue to protect the interests that were created in slavery and that are its descendants?

The middle class was basically created through federal policy that was then distributed in a discriminatory way because of local control. A hundred and twenty billion dollars created the suburbs and did so in a racially discriminatory way. GI Bill created the middle class in a racially discriminatory way. So these are all critical ways of looking at our society.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...fad_story.html

bruto 9th April 2022 07:38 AM

I think I posted this before, a while back, but in case it got lost, I'll do it again. There's an interesting little web site, called The Parable of the Polygons that presents a simplified view of how some of this stuff works. Following a formula similar to the game of life, it suggests how easy it is for a society whose citizens all are individually good and even prefer diversity to become segregated, and how nearly inevitable it is if it starts out that way.

johnny karate 9th April 2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife (Post 13779149)
Should I start a "post-Trump" liberal creep catch-all thread?

If you’re not too busy storming capitols or ingesting horse dewormer, I think you should. It would be fun to compare and contrast, and laugh at conservatives pretending to care about any of it.

Stacyhs 9th April 2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife (Post 13779149)
Should I start a "post-Trump" liberal creep catch-all thread?

Sure. But be prepared for them not to be defended by our resident Dems/liberals and not for claims of witch hunts against them to be presented. If you can handle that, go for it. Should be interesting.

Aridas 9th April 2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13779670)
Sure. But be prepared for them not to be defended by our resident Dems/liberals and not for claims of witch hunts against them to be presented. If you can handle that, go for it. Should be interesting.

Caveat - Many such claims actually are BS, through and through, given the nature of the likely accusers and the history of lies and BS for political purposes employed by said likely accusers. Dismissal via "Witch hunt" and the like are highly unlikely, but calling out false accusations is not.

Example - The recent "Disney is a bunch of liberal groomer creeps!" push in response to their somewhat belated opposition to the overtly evil "Don't Say Gay!" bill. To poke at a side note related to that, incidentally, this youtube video by "Mrs. Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian" does indeed seem to be all too insightful.

Delphic Oracle 9th April 2022 03:01 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to find the thread moved to CT after a while as an ongoing, general debunking discussion :9.

Stacyhs 9th April 2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13779719)
Caveat - Many such claims actually are BS, through and through, given the nature of the likely accusers and the history of lies and BS for political purposes employed by said likely accusers. Dismissal via "Witch hunt" and the like are highly unlikely, but calling out false accusations is not.

Example - The recent "Disney is a bunch of liberal groomer creeps!" push in response to their somewhat belated opposition to the overtly evil "Don't Say Gay!" bill.

Agreed, but I didn't think I needed to point that out. On the other hand, considering the posting history of some of our members, what seems obvious to me would fly right over their heads.

Quote:

To poke at a side note related to that, incidentally, this youtube video by "Mrs. Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian" does indeed seem to be all too insightful.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Mrs. Bowers is the ideal teacher in several Red States. Oh, dear...I said 'teacHER'. That will have to be changed to 'instructor' in Florida.:p

newyorkguy 9th April 2022 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had to post the below. (PS - There are 214 million registered voters in the US.)

:thumbsup:

Captain_Swoop 10th April 2022 08:07 AM

Georgia Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor explains her “Jesus, guns, and babies” slogan.

“Don't talk to me about separation of church and state.”
“We are the church and we run the state.”
“Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists don't get to silence us.”
"We also have the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, look at Australia"

Video in link

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...28138048438273

Ladewig 10th April 2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13776184)
Whereupon she would announce her victory, and her base would slurp it up like hogs in a melon patch.


Pigeon chess with a pigeon audience.

That’s a lot of crap being laid down.

ETA
a pigeon grand master.

Stacyhs 10th April 2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13780111)
Georgia Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor explains her “Jesus, guns, and babies” slogan.

“Don't talk to me about separation of church and state.”
“We are the church and we run the state.”
“Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists don't get to silence us.”
"We also have the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, look at Australia"

Video in link

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...28138048438273

She is exactly why we have the First Amendment: to protect us from the likes of her.

Stacyhs 10th April 2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Trump Says He's 'The Most Honest Human Being God Has Ever Created'

As Trump told a story about an anonymous friend who supposedly told the former president how he had been squeaky clean during his administration, Trump agreed.

Trump said that friend had told him he was "the cleanest on Earth" after multiple investigations, including two impeachments and the ongoing January 6 (2021) trials and investigations.

"You know, you've been investigated years and years, millions and millions of pages of documents, they found nothing," Trump said as he then pointed toward the local sheriff. "You are the cleanest on Earth when you think about it.

Trump then looked toward his right and told the sheriff this remark.

"I've got to be the cleanest, I think I'm the most honest human being, perhaps, that God has ever created," Trump said.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...33d4c8c8af.gif


Quote:

"I've been investigated by the Democrats more the Billy the Kid, Jessie James and Al Capone combined," Trump told the crowd. "And in all cases I've been innocent."
Wait...the Democrats investigated Billy the Kid and Jessie James? Nancy Pelosi is old, but I didn't think she was that old! But I do like how he compares himself to Al Capone, who was convicted of tax evasion, murderers and outlaws. All three had inglorious ends: the first two were shot to death and Capone died from syphilis. Sounds about right.

shemp 10th April 2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

As Trump told a story about an anonymous friend...
Bull ****** Trump has no friends, only sycophants and yes-men.

8enotto 10th April 2022 04:45 PM

No god in it's right mind would ever create a trump. Stray dogs in the streets might leave them around however.

Stacyhs 10th April 2022 05:05 PM

"As Trump told a story about an anonymous friend..."

Trump has a lot of these 'anonymous' friends that are always praising him and telling him how smart he is, etc. They tend to start their effluence of praise with the word "Sir".

azazal 10th April 2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13780350)
"As Trump told a story about an anonymous friend..."

Trump has a lot of these 'anonymous' friends that are always praising him and telling him how smart he is, etc. They tend to start their effluence of praise with the word "Sir".

Anonymous or imaginary? I'm voting for both.

Stacyhs 10th April 2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azazal (Post 13780358)
Anonymous or imaginary? I'm voting for both.

Imaginary because, as pointed out earlier, Trump has no 'friends', just sycophants, hangers-on, and yes-men/women.

Regnad Kcin 10th April 2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald J. Troll
"I've got to be the cleanest, I think I'm the most honest human being, perhaps, that God has ever created.”

Said the lifelong criminal con man.

Sideroxylon 10th April 2022 08:09 PM

That Jesus fellow was supposed to have been pretty clean but a lot of people are saying...

Norman Alexander 11th April 2022 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13780111)
Georgia Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor explains her “Jesus, guns, and babies” slogan.

“Don't talk to me about separation of church and state.”
“We are the church and we run the state.”
“Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists don't get to silence us.”
"We also have the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, look at Australia"

Video in link

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...28138048438273

Huh?? I'm here in Australia, and I haven't noticed any tyranny roaming the streets. Have any of the other Oz posters noticed any? Plenty of politicians, the usual pre-election palaver and pillow-fights, and a handful of right-wing ranters on TV. But tyranny...? Nope!

We've had lockdowns, sure, some of them pretty severe. Everyone has had a grumble about them because they were pretty intrusive. But we all muddled through without resorting to gunfights in the streets and armed uprisings. Probably because we are adults. As a consequence, our COVID death rates are minuscule compared to the "free" USA.

The only people complaining about lockdowns were maybe a small handful of noisy, rabid, swivel-eyed-looney, anti-vaxxer troublemakers. Some of them are failed flower-children, some are religious cranks. Following our much-more-devastating flooding rains over the past month or so, the very same people are actually claiming this weather phenomenon is man-made. Like Kandiss Taylor, they are bonkers. Seriously bonkers. Certainly not electable to any political position like she is.

Stacyhs 11th April 2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13780470)
Huh?? I'm here in Australia, and I haven't noticed any tyranny roaming the streets. Have any of the other Oz posters noticed any? Plenty of politicians, the usual pre-election palaver and pillow-fights, and a handful of right-wing ranters on TV. But tyranny...? Nope!

We've had lockdowns, sure, some of them pretty severe. Everyone has had a grumble about them because they were pretty intrusive. But we all muddled through without resorting to gunfights in the streets and armed uprisings. Probably because we are adults. As a consequence, our COVID death rates are minuscule compared to the "free" USA.

The only people complaining about lockdowns were maybe a small handful of noisy, rabid, swivel-eyed-looney, anti-vaxxer troublemakers. Some of them are failed flower-children, some are religious cranks. Following our much-more-devastating flooding rains over the past month or so, the very same people are actually claiming this weather phenomenon is man-made. Like Kandiss Taylor, they are bonkers. Seriously bonkers. Certainly not electable to any political position like she is.

This is one of the really weird things about right wing extremists like K. Taylor. They scream about how much they love their 'freedom' and how government needs to keep its nose out of people's lives, yet they are the worst at passing or trying to pass laws that control people's lives, even private lives. They are, at heart, authoritarians...but only for those things they approve of. Otherwise, it's all "the big, bad government is violating our freedoms".

shemp 11th April 2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon (Post 13780395)
That Jesus fellow was supposed to have been pretty clean but a lot of people are saying...

He never washed his hands as much as Pilate!

8enotto 11th April 2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon (Post 13780395)
That Jesus fellow was supposed to have been pretty clean but a lot of people are saying...

Well, if chump is the 2nd coming of jesus it was a perfect disguise. In 80 odd years no one proclaimed him so he had an anonymous friend do it for him, which he retells to his fans.

A hateful, money hungry, racist con man with all the deep christian values of a hungry dog.
Is it any wonder we all missed it somehow?

Stacyhs 11th April 2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8enotto (Post 13781084)
Well, if chump is the 2nd coming of jesus it was a perfect disguise. In 80 odd years no one proclaimed him so he had an anonymous friend do it for him, which he retells to his fans.

A hateful, money hungry, racist con man with all the deep christian values of a hungry dog.
Is it any wonder we all missed it somehow?

Don't disparage a hungry dog by comparing it to Trump.

Trump proclaiming 'I'm very pro-choice' in 1999:

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...e-480297539914

Aridas 11th April 2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13780924)
This is one of the really weird things about right wing extremists like K. Taylor. They scream about how much they love their 'freedom' and how government needs to keep its nose out of people's lives, yet they are the worst at passing or trying to pass laws that control people's lives, even private lives. They are, at heart, authoritarians...but only for those things they approve of. Otherwise, it's all "the big, bad government is violating our freedoms".

For better or worse, I don't find that weird at all. Rather, I find it weird that people would actually take them at their word after the mountain of evidence that one absolutely should not.

Stacyhs 11th April 2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13781125)
For better or worse, I don't find that weird at all. Rather, I find it weird that people would actually take them at their word after the mountain of evidence that one absolutely should not.

I don't believe what they say for exactly the reason you stated, but I find it weird that anyone could not recognize such two-faced hypocrisy in themselves. Maybe I'm just used to being around people who have more self-awareness and intellectual honesty.

Ladewig 12th April 2022 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon (Post 13780395)
That Jesus fellow was supposed to have been pretty clean but a lot of people are saying...

Well done.

Bob001 12th April 2022 11:48 AM

Ex-FBI undercover agent talks about the rise of white nationalist gangs. It's chilling.
Quote:

But he’s breaking his covenant now for the reason he took that footage: He is haunted by what the people onscreen will do if their movement — and their moment — aren’t thwarted. Over months of interviews with Scott and his former colleagues, hours-long conversations with domestic-terror experts, and wormhole dives down fascist portals on apps like Gab and Discord, a portrait emerged of a nation under threat from a thousand points of hate. “We’ve seen massive increases in plots and acts” committed by domestic terrorists, says Bruce Hoffman, a Georgetown professor and counterterror authority whose Inside Terrorism is the master text on the subject. “Me and my team lay awake nights kicking the walls, because there’s a million-and-a-half guys online plotting murder,” says Rita Katz, the founder and director of the SITE Intelligence Group, and the author of the forthcoming Saints and Soldiers, which tracks the rise of far-right terror in the age of Trump. “We’re in a business where we can’t be wrong once,” says Scott. “And there’s way more of them than us undercovers.”
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...gangs-1280830/


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.