International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Social Issues & Current Events (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Visiting Morocco while being daft, naÔve European girls (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334924)

Baylor 21st February 2019 12:55 AM

Visiting Morocco while being daft, naÔve European girls
 
and you get beheaded.

As was the case for two young ladies traveling together, Maren Ueland of Norway and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen of Denmark. The girls were "chasing experiences" in Morocco :rolleyes: according to Louisa's mother.

Before the killings, one of the murderers had sworn allegiance to ISIS, stating,"keep fighting the enemies of Allah, wherever you are, you have no excuse and, be informed that we are your supporters... you have allies among us."

Meanwhile, in la la land (formerly known as Europe) one of the girls posted a idiotic and poorly directed pro-muslim video with a message of "not to judge people by their appearances." (that worked out well for them.)

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/201...before-murder/


I've noted earlier Europeans have started experiencing religious euphoria over showing how "not racist" they are. These two girls died in their quest for religious euphoria. The makers of that poorly directed video have blood on their hands as far as I'm concerned. What kind of nonsense are young people being programmed with in Western Europe? It's wonderful when a white person commits a drug related offense but not a Muslim. This is suppose to be heart-warming? Who comes up with this stuff?

You can view video of the beheadings online for those so inclined. It's gruesome. Not as gruesome as a man being told to leave a yogurt shop, but still gruesome.

Puppycow 21st February 2019 01:27 AM

Despicable.

A terrible thing could conceivably happen to tourists in any country. Morocco is not considered a dangerous country to visit. Evidence.

In fact more foreign tourists have been murdered in the good Ol' U. S. of A. in recent years than in Morocco, as far as I can gather. Evidence

So is it particularly daft or naive to visit Morocco? Not really, or I think the State Department would have some sort of travel advisory for the country.

Baylor 21st February 2019 02:07 AM

Perhaps you missed the "while being daft, naive European girls" part

Most people have the good sense to follow basic safety precautions. White women visiting a Muslim country should know they are at a greater risk of being victimized. But these girls were brainwashed into "not judging people." Charles Darwin wins again.

dann 21st February 2019 02:12 AM

Oh, you'll love this headline: Danish woman raped in India

Or how about this one? Two American girls killed by reckless jetskiers in Copenhagen?

What? Not enough about Muslims?!

Baylor 21st February 2019 02:15 AM

Because something bad also happened somewhere in the world, we will continue to indulge ourselves like drug addicts in this religious hysteria by showing how "not racist" we are.

It's not like I didn't see that coming from a mile away.

dann 21st February 2019 02:17 AM

Writing thread titles while being ...
 
No, I guess you were able to see it very soon after I had posted it.

Baylor 21st February 2019 02:21 AM

ok

dann 21st February 2019 02:37 AM

From Baylor's article:

Quote:

Shocked by the sad news, millions of Moroccans condemned the murder of the two Scandinavian women and expressed their condolences to and solidarity with the families of the victim.

Moroccansí strong condemnation of the murder and their outpouring of solidarity with the families of the victims elicited the gratitude of the Danish and the Norwegian ambassadors to Morocco. Both expressed their deep gratitude to the Moroccan people for standing up against terrorism and showing empathy to the victims and their families.

And then there's this from Switzerland: Second Swiss arrested in Morocco over tourist beheadings.

And this: More Americans killed by white supremacists than Muslim extremists. They sure are naÔve, people who think that white extremists aren't homicidal ...
U.S. Law Enforcement Failed to See the Threat of White Nationalism. Now They Donít Know How to Stop It.

Norman Alexander 21st February 2019 03:31 AM

Religious and cultural extremists of little or no education killing people they don't like, egged on by their country's leadership who do nothing to stop them. No wonder people get killed like this by not watching who they associate with and support!


Oh, sorry. I was talking about US right-wing gun-nuts and militia and the religious Right. What were you thinking?

baron 21st February 2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12608740)
Religious and cultural extremists of little or no education killing people they don't like, egged on by their country's leadership who do nothing to stop them. No wonder people get killed like this by not watching who they associate with and support!


Oh, sorry. I was talking about US right-wing gun-nuts and militia and the religious Right. What were you thinking?

Personally I was thinking about the thread topic and not attempting to derail it with apologist whataboutism. (Edit: I have no idea why this word turned out as 'absolutism').

I think it's a reasonable discussion point that the sanitisation of Islam by Western media results in naive people underestimating the threat it poses.

Baylor 21st February 2019 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12608740)
Religious and cultural extremists of little or no education killing people they don't like, egged on by their country's leadership who do nothing to stop them. No wonder people get killed like this by not watching who they associate with and support!


Oh, sorry. I was talking about US right-wing gun-nuts and militia and the religious Right. What were you thinking?

This has been litigated to death. The "US right-wing gun nuts" murder at the same rate as Europeans.

Now address the topic or don't comment.

Oystein 21st February 2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12608703)
Because something bad also happened somewhere in the world, we will continue to indulge ourselves like drug addicts in this religious hysteria by showing how "not racist" we are.

It's not like I didn't see that coming from a mile away.

I think you saw that coming from a mile away because even you can come with it as the most straightforward, sane retort.

No one is aplologizing for muslim extremists anymore than anyone is apologizing for any other brand of violent extremism.

Obviously, getting beheaded as a European tourist, whether daft (most are, more or less!!) or not, is VERY much the exception.

I am fairly certain daft Europeans have been gruesomely murdered in Australia, the USA, Russia or Brazil after posting on social media how great the country is and how much of a blast they're gonna have. This is not a specifically muslim thing. It is of course an IS thing, but IS extremism is no more diagnostic of Islam as is KKK extremism of Protestant Christianity.

So what point, what falsifiable, objective claim, is your OP making? What lesson ought to be drawn, specifically? Is it one about Morocco, specifically? Or Islam? Or Islam in Morocco? Or European girls? Tell us!

Oystein 21st February 2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12608753)
This has been litigated to death. The "US right-wing gun nuts" murder at the same rate as Europeans.



Now address the topic or don't comment.

The linked post fails to rebut the argument you respond to while being racist on its face.

In the same vein:
"Non-IS Moroccans murder at no higher rate than Americans."
Would you accept this as a rebuttal that the murdered women weren't daft after all?

Baylor 21st February 2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 12608759)
I am fairly certain daft Europeans have been gruesomely murdered in Australia, the USA, Russia or Brazil after posting on social media how great the country is and how much of a blast they're gonna have.

Maybe Maybe not. I've never heard of another beheading where the vacationing victim shared a pro-Muslim video on social media.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 12608759)
This is not a specifically muslim thing. It is of course an IS thing, but IS extremism is no more diagnostic of Islam as is KKK extremism of Protestant Christianity.

There's that religious euphoria I was talking about.

Baylor 21st February 2019 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 12608762)
The linked post fails to rebut the argument you respond to while being racist on its face.

In the same vein:
"Non-IS Moroccans murder at no higher rate than Americans."
Would you accept this as a rebuttal that the murdered women weren't daft after all?

There was no argument made.

baron 21st February 2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 12608762)
"Non-IS Moroccans murder at no higher rate than Americans."

Now that's what I call faint praise.

Belz... 21st February 2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12608703)
Because something bad also happened somewhere in the world, we will continue to indulge ourselves like drug addicts in this religious hysteria by showing how "not racist" we are.

It's not like I didn't see that coming from a mile away.

Sorry, what are you talking about?

abaddon 21st February 2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 12608841)
Sorry, what are you talking about?

Brown people are universally bad simply by dint of being brown. White people never commit crimes.

Or make up some other crap that fits the racist narrative.

dann 21st February 2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baron (Post 12608746)
I think it's a reasonable discussion point that the sanitisation of Islam by Western media results in naive people underestimating the threat it poses.


Do you think that the millions of Moroccans condemning the murders are atheists? How do you think that they have been sanitized by Western media?

baron 21st February 2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 12608937)
Do you think that the millions of Moroccans condemning the murders are atheists? How do you think that they have been sanitized by Western media?

You're being intentionally obtuse. There is and has been for some time a drive by Western media to sanitise Islam as a whole, proclaiming that it is The Religion of Peace. All of Islam is The Religion of Peace, we are asked to believe, because violent Islamists are Not Real Muslims. Anybody who doubts this is labelled - in a way unique to critics of Islam - as having a mental disability or phobia; they are an Islamophobe. It is no wonder then that naive and gullible amongst us lap it up. They have no concept that there are millions of Muslim men out there who would happily butcher them for revealing their shin, for making fun of their prophet or for simply existing.

This nonsense is not indulged in where any other religion or ideology is concerned. We don't have drives to classify all Hindus as saintly and benign, all Catholics, all Atheists or all circus clowns. In this way, people make up their own minds instead of opening their big stupid mouths and being spoon-fed garbage by the leftist media.

Thermal 21st February 2019 08:46 AM

OP, is this the point you are trying to make:

If you are an innocent gallivanting off to find adventure, you might damn well find it in spades? Be prepared, it can be a tough world and all that?

baron 21st February 2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermal (Post 12608994)
OP, is this the point you are trying to make:

If you are an innocent gallivanting off to find adventure, you might damn well find it in spades?

I think we use the term 'black people' these days.

Baylor 21st February 2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 12608947)
The pile-on nonsense was all in your opening post, not in the ones that answered it. Why don't you complain to the moderators about "the userbase thrashing" your innocent attempts to "start a discussion"?

Perhaps you missed "with the moderators blessings." There are plenty of threads where you can rant about your obsessions with "US right wing" and "white supremacists." This thread has nothing to do with any of that. This is about the brainwashing of Danish people and how it cost these two young women their lives.

dudalb 21st February 2019 03:31 PM

I hope the people who did the beheading get the maximum they can get under Morrocan Law.
But the article make clear this has sent shock waves through Morroco because this kind of thing is so rare in Morroco.
I love the way the OP lumps all Muslims together.
I have no qualms ,frankly, about fighting Muslim fundies of the violent kind by whatever means necessary. But pretty clear the OP was posting this to stir up hatred and fear against all Muslims.
The OP also displays ignorance of what things are like in Europe.but that is to be expected.

Baylor 21st February 2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 12608937)
How do you think that they have been sanitized by Western media?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


While you're at it read the comment section in the video. Other people get it, but you don't.

One person put it simply, "Naive ad for Naive People"

Norman Alexander 21st February 2019 04:34 PM

Personally I was thinking about the thread topic and not attempting to derail it with apologist whataboutism. (Edit: I have no idea why this word turned out as 'absolutism').

I think it's a reasonable discussion point that the sanitisation of Christianity by Western media results in naive people underestimating the threat it poses.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/


It's not "whataboutism" to point out that this incident is less common in Morocco than gun killings happen in the USA. So painting all of Islam as the problem and reason for these murders in Morocco is the same as painting all of Christianity as the problem and reason for all these killings in the USA.

Venom 21st February 2019 04:44 PM

I hope justice is served.

Baylor 21st February 2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 12609802)
I hope justice is served.

Me too. But it's unlikely the makers of that awful video will be indicted for accessory to murder.

rdwight 21st February 2019 04:50 PM

Sad but not concerning. Over 11.3 million tourists visited Morocco last year alone. While a breakdown of religious beliefs of visitors would be more difficult to find, isolated incidents, though horrific, don't persuade me to worry about interacting with Muslims as an infidel. In a country so dependent on tourism, I'm going to believe the vast majority wants my money far more than they just want me dead.

Baylor 21st February 2019 04:52 PM

I'm guessing you are straight male.

Venom 21st February 2019 04:57 PM

My extended family and many of my friends (refugees) who lived in Malaysia and Indonesia for years have encountered many Muslims. Any crimes committed against them were more motivated by xenophobia or plain criminal mischief than Islamist ideology.

This story was shocking but perhaps not surprising with Morocco being potentially more exposed to foci of Islamist and anti-western sentiment.

Those women just sadly ran into the wrong Muslims.

rdwight 21st February 2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12609815)
I'm guessing you are straight male.

Yup, white and American as well. Is there any indication the women were not straight? Targeted for it? Seems an unnecessary addition. If your point was traveling in small groups of women is more dangerous, I agree, but that tends to be the case anywhere. If your angle was more towards Islam being less tolerant of gays, I'd say that's generally common sense to not travel to countries where laws or the general population will harm or imprison you for any such trait. Completely besides the point for this thread though.

Arcade22 21st February 2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12609815)
I'm guessing you are straight male.

Given that the killers in this incident apparently sought to target and kill the first westerners they could find I'm not sure that would've saved him.

arthwollipot 21st February 2019 07:06 PM

Have you ever been to Morocco, Baylor?

Baylor 21st February 2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 12609820)
Any crimes committed against them were more motivated by xenophobia or plain criminal mischief than Islamist ideology.

Exactly.

Muslims don't go around professing how "not racist" they are. It's only the conditioned and brainwashed white people. They've been taught to "not care about race." But what they weren't taught is race cares about them. These girls were targeted for their race and they didn't take the necessary precautions because of the conditioning of the Western media. That's a massive betrayal. It's high time to stop trusting western media.

Sideroxylon 21st February 2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12609942)
Exactly.

Muslims don't go around professing how "not racist" they are. It's only the conditioned and brainwashed white people. They've been taught to "not care about race." But what they weren't taught is race cares about them. These girls were targeted for their race and they didn't take the necessary precautions because of the conditioning of the Western media. That's a massive betrayal. It's high time to stop trusting western media.

Everything you need to know about Muslims from Fox and popular American culture. :thumbsup:

a_unique_person 21st February 2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppycow (Post 12608678)
Despicable.

A terrible thing could conceivably happen to tourists in any country. Morocco is not considered a dangerous country to visit. Evidence.

In fact more foreign tourists have been murdered in the good Ol' U. S. of A. in recent years than in Morocco, as far as I can gather. Evidence

So is it particularly daft or naive to visit Morocco? Not really, or I think the State Department would have some sort of travel advisory for the country.

Don't come to Australia if you are a woman. There has been a bad run of rapes and murders recently.

Doubt 21st February 2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot (Post 12609937)
Have you ever been to Morocco, Baylor?

I'm betting he has never even been to Mexico or Canada.

arthwollipot 21st February 2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubt (Post 12610046)
I'm betting he has never even been to Mexico or Canada.

Or the UK.

Baylor 21st February 2019 10:57 PM

The brainwashing campaign mentioned in the OP is of Norwegian origin.

Things are starting to make much more sense.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.