International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Religion and Philosophy (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Infinite! In Search of The Ultimate Truth. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338895)

tazanastazio 16th September 2019 05:39 PM

The Infinite! In Search of The Ultimate Truth.

Statement: These are my OWN theories. Some are right, some are wrong, for others it is still unknown or debatable. As time goes by, I'll be researching the subject and make the necessary "purging." This is not a scientific writing based on research! This is the work of a PHILOSOPHER! I find it challenging to conceive an idea and form a theory, before I read about it somewhere or learn about it. To conceive an idea and put my name on it before someone else does, and form a theory that it would be later proven true, that would be a bonus! There is risk to that as it is evident from some colorful responses I sometimes get from aficionados of science and virtuosos! But somehow like this, PHILOSOPHERS grasped with their imaginations GREAT IDEAS, upon which scientists built, and others learned! FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE !

THE INFINITE, IN SEARCH OF THE ULTIMATE TRUTH !

"He contemplated the grandeur, and the presence of God; the eternity of the future, that strange mystery; the eternity of the past, a stranger mystery; all the infinities hidden deep in every direction; and, without trying to comprehend the incomprehensible, he saw it. He did not study God; he was dazzled by Him. He reflected upon the magnificent union of atoms, which give visible forms to Nature, revealing forces by recognizing them, creating individualities in unity, proportions in extension,the innumerable in the infinite, and through light producing beauty. These unions are forming and dissolving continually; from which come life and death." - Victor Hugo; Les Miserables.

The prevalent theory on Cosmology is the latest one by Stephen Hawking. According to this theory
time started to count for our Universe ever since the Big Bang; the Universe is expanding as is evident from the fact that no matter which direction we look from Earth, galaxies are getting further and further away. Depending how fast things move in a given part of space, its given time.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 4. Do not quote material in full that is available elsewhere.

See https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...d2898de2d5bab4

Matthew Ellard 16th September 2019 07:21 PM

Now you posted all this same rubbish on the Skeptic Society forum two years ago remember? Not only was it all debunked as nonsense, but you promised to stop spamming it on science and skeptic forums.

Do you remember?

8enotto 16th September 2019 07:31 PM

The part you lost me on is when you defined a deity. My issue, not yours.

Isn't that usually the start of a religion? If a rather vague version of one.

shemp 16th September 2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12822499)
Statement:

I got lost right there.

Quote:

To be edited and elaborated upon as time allows.

I can't wait!

curious cat 16th September 2019 10:07 PM

Don't skip on your medication again!

JesseCuster 16th September 2019 10:27 PM

Nope.

SusanB-M1 16th September 2019 10:54 PM

I wonder how many thousand words that was? As a matter of some vague interest - although only to OP poster I imagine!! - I listened to it, while listening only to the start of many of the lines - and what a confused mixture of self-congratulatory ideas it is.

Fortunately, here on IS, we can rely on the fact that there is always someone who knows more about the writer than someone like me!! And the pomposity gets deflated!!

arthwollipot 16th September 2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB-M1 (Post 12822687)
I wonder how many thousand words that was? As a matter of some vague interest - although only to OP poster I imagine!! - I listened to it, while listening only to the start of many of the lines - and what a confused mixture of self-congratulatory ideas it is.

Fortunately, here on IS, we can rely on the fact that there is always someone who knows more about the writer than someone like me!! And the pomposity gets deflated!!

Words: 8,705
Characters: 42, 928
Paragraphs: 61
Sentences: 312

Average sentences per paragraph: 5.3
Average words per sentence: 27.7
Average characters per word: 4.7

Flesch Reading Ease: 49.7
Flesch-Kinkaid Grade Level: 11.5
Passive Sentences: 0.0%

Robin 17th September 2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 12822585)
Now you posted all this same rubbish on the Skeptic Society forum two years ago remember? Not only was it all debunked as nonsense, but you promised to stop spamming it on science and skeptic forums.

Do you remember?

Debunked? You mean someone bothered to read it?

sackett 17th September 2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12822743)
Debunked? You mean someone bothered to read it?

A team effort, maybe?

SusanB-M1 17th September 2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot (Post 12822690)
Words: 8,705
Characters: 42, 928
Paragraphs: 61
Sentences: 312

Average sentences per paragraph: 5.3
Average words per sentence: 27.7
Average characters per word: 4.7

Flesch Reading Ease: 49.7
Flesch-Kinkaid Grade Level: 11.5
Passive Sentences: 0.0%

:D :D Thank you for that!!

tazanastazio 17th September 2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 12822585)

Do you remember?

Still making stuff up mate? How did it work out for you last time?

Could you also provide the link to my thread since I can't post it, having not completed 15 posts yet; also I have added a few crossed t's and dotted i's; it's not easy to edit here through the mobile.

I am not looking forward to a new debate, as our previous debate has achieved its objective; so let's not go at it any further.

I Am The Scum 17th September 2019 10:47 AM

You can tell exactly what kind of thread it is just from the title.

theprestige 17th September 2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12823353)

Could you also provide the link to my thread since I can't post it, having not completed 15 posts yet; also I have added a few crossed t's and dotted i's; it's not easy to edit here through the mobile.

I feel like if you can't figure out how to post URLs that arent links, you probably aren't ready for this.

Here's an example of something you could post right now, today, that would work as a URL for anyone interested:

example.com

Here's another one:

reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

And another:

forum.cosmoquest.org/forumdisplay.php?17-Against-the-Mainstream

See how that works? Just post your URLs as non-links. We'll figure it out.

bluesjnr 17th September 2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 12823354)
You can tell exactly what kind of thread it is just from the title.

.... and the use of coloured text.

wasapi 17th September 2019 11:10 AM

A drive by? I was hoping it would get interesting. How disappointing.

tazanastazio 17th September 2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12823364)
I feel like if you can't figure out how to post URLs that arent links, you probably aren't ready for this.

Here's an example of something you could post right now, today, that would work as a URL for anyone interested:

example.com

Here's another one:

reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

And another:

forum.cosmoquest.org/forumdisplay.php?17-Against-the-Mainstream

See how that works? Just post your URLs as non-links. We'll figure it out.

I get a warning that I can't post a link since I have not posted at least 15 times. When I do I'll add the link to my response. Also the "edit" button does not show under my original post, any ideas? Thank you.

theprestige 17th September 2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12823432)
I get a warning that I can't post a link since I have not posted at least 15 times. When I do I'll add the link to my response. Also the "edit" button does not show under my original post, any ideas? Thank you.

The "Edit" button is only active for a few minutes after you post. Then your post is locked in as it stands.

Do you get a warning if you try to post example.com?

BStrong 17th September 2019 11:58 AM

September must be crazy wall o' text month.

JoeMorgue 17th September 2019 12:34 PM

Why do ultimate theories of the universe never include formatting or paragraph breaks?

tazanastazio 17th September 2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12823436)
The "Edit" button is only active for a few minutes after you post. Then your post is locked in as it stands.

Do you get a warning if you try to post example.com?

Thank you again ThePrestige, and for shedding light on th "edit" issue; I guess I'll have to repost the topic in its entirety.

I didn't try the "example.com" cause I don't want to give the impression I'm circumventing the regulations. Is it frowned upon to repost the topic with the changes then, what if you need to correct punctuation or add a few things here and there?

I don't want to take space unevessarily but I want to add:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestion (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Live your life to the fullest, making the best of every situation, avoid hurting anyone's feelings directly or otherwise; if you cannot make a situation better, don't make it worse. In life everything we do will bring outcome/outcomes of various proportions and will affect us and our loved ones to some degree through an action - reaction, ripple effect.

6) Math is dimensional, because our mathematical calculations depend on what amount we assign to a UNIT (stage). Math is the assigned amount of a unit (1), its absence (0) and the Infinite (never absolute unit or absolute absence of it). The Infinite could be symbolized mathematically by a circle (inclusion) with a plus in it; to denote that the Infinite inludes everything (unit denoted by the perpendicular bar of the (+) sing), nothing (denoted by the 0 ofthe circle), and the (+) and (-) signs to denote Negative and Positive (and the aforementioned emerging effects of negativity and positivity to existence).

7) Gravity affects everything within the Infinite."

Thanks again.

isissxn 17th September 2019 02:31 PM

Wow, that's pretty swell, OP. I think it needs to be a bit longer, though.

theprestige 17th September 2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12823572)
Thank you again ThePrestige, and for shedding light on th "edit" issue; I guess I'll have to repost the topic in its entirety.

I didn't try the "example.com" cause I don't want to give the impression I'm circumventing the regulations. Is it frowned upon to repost the topic with the changes then, what if you need to correct punctuation or add a few things here and there?

I don't want to take space unevessarily but I want to add:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestion (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Live your life to the fullest, making the best of every situation, avoid hurting anyone's feelings directly or otherwise; if you cannot make a situation better, don't make it worse. In life everything we do will bring outcome/outcomes of various proportions and will affect us and our loved ones to some degree through an action - reaction, ripple effect.

6) Math is dimensional, because our mathematical calculations depend on what amount we assign to a UNIT (stage). Math is the assigned amount of a unit (1), its absence (0) and the Infinite (never absolute unit or absolute absence of it). The Infinite could be symbolized mathematically by a circle (inclusion) with a plus in it; to denote that the Infinite inludes everything (unit denoted by the perpendicular bar of the (+) sing), nothing (denoted by the 0 ofthe circle), and the (+) and (-) signs to denote Negative and Positive (and the aforementioned emerging effects of negativity and positivity to existence).

Thanks again.

It's okay to post URLs.

The forum software will automatically block you from posting actual links, but you can post URLs all you want.

---

Basically, it's the "http://" or "https://" at the front that makes it a link. Omit that, and you can post the rest or the URL no problem, not even against the rules. It won't show up as a link, but you can put it into your browser address bar and it will work.

It's not against the rules. Feel free to post that URL any time.

abaddon 17th September 2019 02:47 PM

Not only copypasta screed but utter garbage. I struggle to find one correct sentence.

tazanastazio 17th September 2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12823602)
It's okay to post URLs.

The forum software will automatically block you from posting actual links, but you can post URLs all you want.

---

Basically, it's the "h... or the h..." at the front that makes it a link. Omit that, and you can post the rest or the URL no problem, not even against the rules. It won't show up as a link, but you can put it into your browser address bar and it will work.

It's not against the rules. Feel free to post that URL any time.

Thank you, here it is:

w...skepticforum.c.../viewforum.php?f=30

theprestige 17th September 2019 03:25 PM

Certainly. And here in all its glory:

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewforum.php?f=30

Thor 2 17th September 2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon (Post 12823614)
Not only copypasta screed but utter garbage. I struggle to find one correct sentence.

That's a relief, I thought it was just me - not being able to comprehend some really, really, deep ****.

tazanastazio 17th September 2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Statement: These are my OWN theories. Some are right, some are wrong, for others it is still unknown or debatable. As time goes by, I'll be researching the subject and make the necessary "purging." This is not a scientific writing based on research! This is the work of a PHILOSOPHER! I find it challenging to conceive an idea and form a theory, before I read about it somewhere or learn about it. To conceive an idea and put my name on it before someone else does, and form a theory that it would be later proven true, that would be a bonus! There is risk to that as it is evident from some colorful responses I sometimes get from aficionados of science and virtuosos! But somehow like this, PHILOSOPHERS grasped with their imaginations GREAT IDEAS, upon which scientists built, and others learned! FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE !

THE INFINITE, IN SEARCH OF THE ULTIMATE TRUTH !

"He contemplated the grandeur, and the presence of God; the eternity of the future, that strange mystery; the eternity of the past, a stranger mystery; all the infinities hidden deep in every direction; and, without trying to comprehend the incomprehensible, he saw it. He did not study God; he was dazzled by Him. He reflected upon the magnificent union of atoms, which give visible forms to Nature, revealing forces by recognizing them, creating individualities in unity, proportions in extension,the innumerable in the infinite, and through light producing beauty. These unions are forming and dissolving continually; from which come life and death." - Victor Hugo; Les Miserables.

The prevalent theory on Cosmology is the latest one by Stephen Hawking. According to this theory
time started to count for our Universe ever since the Big Bang; the Universe is expanding as is evident from the fact that no matter which direction we look from Earth, galaxies are getting further and further away. Depending how fast things move in a given part of space, its given time.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 4. Do not quote material in full that is available elsewhere.

See https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...d2898de2d5bab4

Added the following:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Matthew Ellard 17th September 2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio

Very well, thank you. You ran away from the Skeptic Society forum after posting exactly the same nonsense religious crap you just posted here. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio
I am not looking forward to a new debate, as our previous debate has achieved its objective; so let's not go at it any further.

We didn't have debate. You were unable to set out a coherent explanation of what your religious claim actually was. You simply kept posting the words "infinities of infinities".

Thor 2 17th September 2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12823743)
Added the following:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Interesting.

- Your clock gains time and yet the interacting forces slow down the clock. :confused:

- You have to get the service guys to adjust the clock? Most of us can do this stuff ourselves.

Can't believe I am wasting my time reading this crap.

Trebuchet 17th September 2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks).
With the help of gravity, I fell off the roof in 2012, becoming inverted in the process. It was not good for my spinal disks, which are now held together with titanium rods and screws. The resulting need for heavy doses of opioids was not good for my digestive system either.

Matthew Ellard 17th September 2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12823641)
Certainly. And here in all its glory:

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewforum.php?f=30

Tazanastazio, first posted on the Skeptic Society forum in 2009. He was less insane then and was simply spamming religious statements that the Bible is the only truth and he knew god and so forth. He then asked Pyrrho the moderator to delete his account and all his posts. Thus you can't see his early posts but you can see his posts quoted by other forum members.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...=11128#p152813

He then came back a few years later, asked Pyrrho the moderator to reopen his account, and posted his very insane "infinities of infinities" nonsense post.

He is just a mad person who keeps posting the same gibberish on many forums. He can't write a coherent sentence or make a coherent argument.

Apathia 18th September 2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 12823480)
Why do ultimate theories of the universe never include formatting or paragraph breaks?

Cause the Ultimate Truth has many more 0s and 1s than this: 00110100 00110010, and it would be incorrect to break the expression up.:wackygrin:

Steve 18th September 2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isissxn (Post 12823592)
Wow, that's pretty swell, OP. I think it needs to be a bit longer, though.

Agreed. OK as a summary but definitely needs clarification/elaboration on many points.

catsmate 18th September 2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12823353)

:rolleyes:

This drivel was also spammed to The Philosophy Forum, Philosophy Now, Arktos and more.

catsmate 18th September 2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BStrong (Post 12823441)
September must be crazy wall o' text month.

Yeah, that's odd. Traditionally August was the mainstay of the green ink brigade. Must the changing climate...

catsmate 18th September 2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 12823846)
Very well, thank you. You ran away from the Skeptic Society forum after posting exactly the same nonsense religious crap you just posted here. :p

We didn't have debate. You were unable to set out a coherent explanation of what your religious claim actually was. You simply kept posting the words "infinities of infinities".

Yes, hir "Christian Infinitism" didn't last long.

tazanastazio 18th September 2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard (Post 12823864)
Tazanastazio, first posted on the Skeptic Society forum in 2009. He was less insane then and was simply spamming religious statements that the Bible is the only truth and he knew god and so forth. He then asked Pyrrho the moderator to delete his account and all his posts. Thus you can't see his early posts but you can see his posts quoted by other forum members.

[...a link provided here could not be included due to "15 posts minnimum" site regulation...]

He then came back a few years later, asked Pyrrho the moderator to reopen his account, and posted his very insane "infinities of infinities" nonsense post.

He is just a mad person who keeps posting the same gibberish on many forums. He can't write a coherent sentence or make a coherent argument.

1) There is nothing wrong with improving your theory, stance and viewpoint on a subject. That's the point of discussion, debating, feedback and learning; which you seem to be missing sometimes.

2) I had expected alike as much resistance to my theory from Atheists, Theists and everyone in between. INFINITISM expresses the frame of mind that all perspectives should be considered, for any value borne by theories sprang from all the different outlooks on life. My earlier posts reflected that attitude.

Perhaps you'll make it a purpose of your life to "debunk" INFINITISM, but since you've already stated that the deed has been done already, I wonder if we'll have to wait a lifetime for you to provide a link or other info as to by whom, when and where.

The Greater Fool 18th September 2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazanastazio (Post 12824550)
2) I had expected alike as much resistance to my theory from Atheists, Theists and everyone in between. INFINITISM SKEPTICISM expresses the frame of mind that all perspectives should be considered, for any value borne by theories sprang from all the different outlooks on life. My earlier posts reflected that attitude.

HTH.

tazanastazio 18th September 2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor 2 (Post 12823850)
Interesting.

- Your clock gains time and yet the interacting forces slow down the clock. :confused:

- You have to get the service guys to adjust the clock? Most of us can do this stuff ourselves.

Can't believe I am wasting my time reading this crap.

I usually adjust the aforementioned dashboard clock around Daylight Saving Time change. On a couple of occasions the service person took it upon herself/himself to do it. Perhaps it is a general issue that they had been looking on. As far as clock gaining due to interacting forces, despite of clocks usually loosing time; I think you missed the part where I wrote that it was perhaps "a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate" for loss in time keeping, as time went by.

The point I was trying to make is that watches and clocks are not a reliable telltale sign that time exists, they are simply human made tools to measure the Sunrise-Sunset-Sunrise period, WE humans have established. As with EVERYTHING within the Infinite, clocks and watches too are affected by gravity. If you doubt this statement, stick your watch/clock out of the window and let go; see if it floats (you can try the same experiment in your bathtub (after filling it with water).

By the way, body inversion is good for circulation as well! I could provide links for all its aforementioned benefits, but as of yet I have not completed the 15 posts required in order to be able to post any links on this site.