International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   9/11 Conspiracy Theories (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Merged: Tehran high-rise collapse due to fire / Explosion causes collapse of the Plasco bldg? (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315872)

McHrozni 19th January 2017 04:19 AM

Tehran high-rise collapse due to fire / Explosion causes collapse of the Plasco bldg?

A fire in a 17-storey mall in Tehran caused the building to collapse about an hour ago. It was carried on live TV.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It was designed by a Jewish-Iranian in 1960s, who was executed in 1980s. I suspect the usual suspects will pin the blame on Israel as a result.

It will be rather funny to watch Richard Gage trying to explain it away :)

McHrozni

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHrozni (Post 11674690)
A fire in a 17-storey mall in Tehran caused the building to collapse about an hour ago. It was carried on live TV.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It was designed by a Jewish-Iranian in 1960s, who was executed in 1980s. I suspect the usual suspects will pin the blame on Israel as a result.

It will be rather funny to watch Richard Gage trying to explain it away :)

McHrozni

They had to do it, to keep Tony and Ziggi from exposing that it was impossible, obviously it is a cover up.

funk de fino 19th January 2017 04:59 AM

Looks steel framed to me......

Dave Rogers 19th January 2017 05:05 AM

Looks like a top-down progressive collapse initiating from a failure of one wall, from the information available at the moment, though I haven't seen the video footage. Pictures of the fire show flames from some windows but none from most, and reports say that the fire was fought for hours and then the building collapsed in seconds. It all sounds horribly familiar.

Dave

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers (Post 11674717)
Looks like a top-down progressive collapse initiating from a failure of one wall, from the information available at the moment, though I haven't seen the video footage. Pictures of the fire show flames from some windows but none from most, and reports say that the fire was fought for hours and then the building collapsed in seconds. It all sounds horribly familiar.

Dave

You know they will sweep the investigation under the rug, they will not look for explosives or thermite.

No way a giant stack effect fire causes this type of destruction to a steel framed sky scraper, had to be metal munching thermite powered moon mice.

I feel for the people of Tehran, sorry this happened to them.

MikeG 19th January 2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw (Post 11674720)
...I feel for the people of Tehran, sorry this happened to them.

Indeed.

I also feel sorry for those ****wits whose brains are so addled that they see conspiracy where-ever they look, but more so for those tireless individuals who counter this stupidity on a daily basis.

Damn, that's an enormous building, and will have taken a few others out with it as it collapsed outside of its footprint.

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG (Post 11674734)
Indeed.

I also feel sorry for those ****wits whose brains are so addled that they see conspiracy where-ever they look, but more so for those tireless individuals who counter this stupidity on a daily basis.

Damn, that's an enormous building, and will have taken a few others out with it as it collapsed outside of its footprint.

Check the Huffington post, and Guardian articles 70 people injured or killed including 45 fire fighters.

Oh the EPA, was involved so you know it was a false flag.

Caption from the photo reads,

Quote:

The building came down within seconds. Photograph: Abedin Taherkenareh/EPA

benthamitemetric 19th January 2017 06:56 AM

Some good pics from Reuters here. It does appear it was a steel framed building based on the structural elements visible in the debris pile.

And here's a much better video view. It looks like floors collapsed internally, ejecting air from one side, before the total collapse initiated in earnest.

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric (Post 11674802)
Some good pics from Reuters here. It does appear it was a steel framed building based on the structural elements visible in the debris pile.

And here's a much better video view. It looks like floors collapsed internally, ejecting air from one side, before the total collapse initiated in earnest.

The building was a shopping complex, and was involved in garment manufacturing, Gage will use that to indicate the building had an unusually high fuel load, and Tony's, Gage's and Ziggi's fantasy will continue!

That is my prediction from looking at what specifics I can find.

PS. Don't tell Gage I snuck the thermite into the building!.:D

Could we have a moment a moment of contemplating for the victim and there families, at 12 eastern time today, as a show of respect please?

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Note also that most floors had burned out, at least near the windows well before the collapse. Also, floor failure led collapse would be indicated due to several columns remaining to fail after the building had come down.
AND
It collapsed into itself mostly in it's own foot print!

But, but, but, <<sputter, choke>> THAT can't happen without 'splosives.

Chorduroy 19th January 2017 08:13 AM

There are multiple videos on line now, and it's very clearly similar to the WTC collapses, in one you can even see "squibs" as the floors progressively fail. Obviously, this is case closed to all arguments that fire alone couldn't bring down a building, but naturally, the conspiracy types will hand wave/ignore it.

Fire-fighting in a high rise has to be one of the most terrifying experiences for a firefighter. I can't imagine. My condolences to those families who lost loved ones.

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 08:34 AM

This is what I had feared for so long people not learning from 9/11/2001, these lives need not have been lost evacuate the building and let it burn out, or collapse.
You can tell by how the fire burns if the building is likely to be compromised.
This building was doomed to collapse before it ever fell.

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chorduroy (Post 11674883)
There are multiple videos on line now, and it's very clearly similar to the WTC collapses, in one you can even see "squibs" as the floors progressively fail. Obviously, this is case closed to all arguments that fire alone couldn't bring down a building, but naturally, the conspiracy types will hand wave/ignore it.

Fire-fighting in a high rise has to be one of the most terrifying experiences for a firefighter. I can't imagine. My condolences to those families who lost loved ones.

30 FF's killed.
The guy in that bucket is the luckiest man on the scene.

Crazy Chainsaw 19th January 2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11674908)
30 FF's killed.
The guy in that bucket is the luckiest man on the scene.

That's what so sad Jay they didn't have to die, respecting these type of fires, and understanding them saves lives.

If the building is evacuated, don't risk your life for property, when you can't save anyone get out of the way.

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 08:42 AM

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/te...-state-n708721

Has a pic that seems to show diagonal bracing of the exterior frame. That would possibly make it stronger in one plane, than the WTC tower's or #7's exterior frame.

Quote:

It remains unclear how the fire began but Reuters said Iran's Tasnim News Agency reported it started on the ninth floor.

Police had previously blocked off streets around the 17-story structure, which was among the first high-rises built in the Iranian capital.

NBC News initially reported that the building was an apartment block but it later emerged that it is actually mostly commercial.
Blocked off streets!!!! How did they know it was going to collapse??? Huh, huh, think about it.......

Whip 19th January 2017 08:44 AM

it's a shame the guy was talking over the CD explosions. gonna make it harder for the trolls to prove again.

MikeG 19th January 2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11674916)
.......Has a pic that seems to show diagonal bracing of the exterior frame. That would make it stronger than the WTC tower's or #7's exterior frame.......

Steady on. Be careful to make sustainable claims. Diagonal bracing is for racking resistance. In the WTC that function was provided by continuous plate steel and so diagonal bracing wasn't necessary.

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 08:49 AM

"Suicide Iranian Fire fighters plant explosives to prove 9/11 WTC collapses were due to fire" pushed on DIF in 3..2..1.......

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG (Post 11674928)
Steady on. Be careful to make sustainable claims. Diagonal bracing is for racking resistance. In the WTC that function was provided by continuous plate steel and so diagonal bracing wasn't necessary.

Added modifiers to the post.

MikeG 19th January 2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11674935)
Added modifiers to the post.

Hmm, I can't see that being so either, I'm afraid. They are both strong only in their plane, and dependent on their fittings for whatever strength they have outside that plane.

benthamitemetric 19th January 2017 09:11 AM

Here's a picture of the building frame during construction. Looks like a pretty standard steel framed building.

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG (Post 11674942)
Hmm, I can't see that being so either, I'm afraid. They are both strong only in their plane, and dependent on their fittings for whatever strength they have outside that plane.

yeah possibly stronger in one plane.
The first exterior failure I see is perpendicular to that plane.

Mark F 19th January 2017 10:03 AM

What you guys all fail to realize is that this building in Iran was only 17 stories tall. Obviously fire knows how tall a building is and can look at this one and say you're short enough, I'll bring you down, where a building like 7 WTC is toooooo tall so fire will just say I'm not even gonna try.

pgimeno 19th January 2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11674916)
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/te...-state-n708721

Has a pic that seems to show diagonal bracing of the exterior frame. That would possibly make it stronger in one plane, than the WTC tower's or #7's exterior frame.

Hmmm...

pgimeno 19th January 2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric (Post 11674965)
Here's a picture of the building frame during construction. Looks like a pretty standard steel framed building.

The perimeter, no doubt. I'm still wondering about the core (e.g. Windsor had a steel perimeter and a concrete core). But you're probably right.

CORed 19th January 2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw (Post 11674720)
You know they will sweep the investigation under the rug, they will not look for explosives or thermite.

No way a giant stack effect fire causes this type of destruction to a steel framed sky scraper, had to be metal munching thermite powered moon mice.

I feel for the people of Tehran, sorry this happened to them.

I think it was "dustified" by directed energy weapons powered by a nearby hurricane. Either that or mini-nukes.

benthamitemetric 19th January 2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgimeno (Post 11675055)
The perimeter, no doubt. I'm still wondering about the core (e.g. Windsor had a steel perimeter and a concrete core). But you're probably right.

I think it would be highly atypical to use reinforced concrete to make such slender columns as can be seen internally through the frame. Also, as I understand it, reinforced concrete cores have only come into use in high rise buildings in the last 20-30 years due to drastic improvements in concrete strength. I don't think a concrete core would be expected in a building as old as this one, though it is not quite a high rise per se, so perhaps even older concrete methods allowed for it. Ultimately, I'd wager the internal beams are steel as well, but, as you say, we don't know for sure.

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORed (Post 11675085)
I think it was "dustified" by directed energy weapons powered by a nearby hurricane. Either that or mini-nukes.

Where were the Iranian F-14's?

jaydeehess 19th January 2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgimeno (Post 11675053)

Yeah, but that was only on a few floors though wasn't it?

pgimeno 19th January 2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11675109)
Yeah, but that was only on a few floors though wasn't it?

Yes, I think so. Still, WTC7 was about three times taller, and it was made to resist stronger wind loads. WTC7's façade looks sturdier to me.

MileHighMadness 19th January 2017 11:44 AM

I blame the CIA...

sts60 19th January 2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Some good pics from Reuters here. It does appear it was a steel framed building based on the structural elements visible in the debris pile...

Those pictures were hard to look at. The grief and shock on the faces of those FFs who lost their brothers is profound.

cjnewson88 19th January 2017 11:56 AM

Well it looks like a controlled demolition, so I'm convinced it was thermite.

funk de fino 19th January 2017 11:56 AM

Where's Szamboti? Will he claim he saw a video where some Jew said he ordered it demolished?

applecorped 19th January 2017 12:04 PM

I look forward to Loose Change part 5

bytewizard 19th January 2017 12:13 PM

But this fire is different. It wasn't started by a hologram of a plane crashing into it. Surely it was demolished using invisible thermite for insurance money that will be paid to all known members of the Bilderberg group. :rolleyes:

benthamitemetric 19th January 2017 12:15 PM

Truthers are already hypothesizing that this 50+ year old steel framed building that burned for 3 hours before collapsing was a controlled demolition. They think so because "squibs" and at least one flash could be seen as it collapsed. The poor fools are so epistemologically crippled that it never occurs to them that such "squibs" and flashes are, and have always been, characteristics of a large building that is collapsing, and not exclusively of a large building being intentionally demolished. Just amazing how powerfully people will distort reality to reach their preferred conclusion.

Mark F 19th January 2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeehess (Post 11675105)
Where were the Iranian F-14's?

Both of them?

marplots 19th January 2017 12:58 PM

I don't speak Arabic, but if you listen closely, just before it comes down, you can hear someone in the background say, "Pull it."

MicahJava 19th January 2017 01:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGr4D1-zDI

This is a much better angle. It shows ejections of dust or smoke coming out of the building looking very similar to the ones from the WTC.

Here is an alledgedly original piece of footage with very clear sound of the collapse and a very clear view of the ejections of material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGr4D1-zDI

A compilation with several interesting views of the collapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9Q9RME4PM