International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The post-Trump fascist creep catch-all thread (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350859)

Crossbow 23rd September 2021 07:24 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-sues-ni...ycsrp_catchall

Trump sues niece, New York Times over Pulitzer-winning tax story

Former US president Donald Trump on Tuesday filed a $100 million lawsuit against his estranged niece Mary Trump and The New York Times, alleging they engaged in "an insidious plot" to obtain his tax returns for the paper's Pulitzer Prize-winning investigation of his finances.

...

The newspaper's story alleged that Trump had received more than $400 million in today's terms from his father's real estate empire, much of it through fraudulent tax schemes.

...

The lawsuit alleges that, by providing information, Mary Trump was in violation of a non-disclosure agreement signed in 2001 after a settlement over the estate of Donald Trump's father, Fred Trump Sr.

...


So what I find particularly weird about this case (and even for Trump this is weird) is that that law suit states, in effect, is that Trump himself is in effect, confirming this damming news account which clearly shows that Trump is nothing but a POS thief, a POS liar, and a POS tax dodger.

Of course, many, many, many people have known for quite sometime that Trump is POS. However, I did not expect Trump himself to admit that he is a POS in court papers.

The Great Zaganza 23rd September 2021 07:36 AM

It's clearly an attempted to derail the lawsuit Marry Trump has against him, or at least have a tiny bargaining chip for an out-of-court settlement.

carlitos 23rd September 2021 08:34 AM

The latest podcast episode - "All the President's Lawyers" has a section on this complaint from Trump. Summary - a not-very-smart lawyer wrote it up, it has no prayer of succeeding, and the amount sought - One Hundred Million Dollars - is actually capitalized and spelled out like I just wrote it. Channeling Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

ETA - I just read that the "not-so-smart lawyer" used to be general counsel for a parking garage company, so she's not exactly a media / libel law specialist. LOL.

Crossbow 23rd September 2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13608128)
The latest podcast episode - "All the President's Lawyers" has a section on this complaint from Trump. Summary - a not-very-smart lawyer wrote it up, it has no prayer of succeeding, and the amount sought - One Hundred Million Dollars - is actually capitalized and spelled out like I just wrote it. Channeling Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

ETA - I just read that the "not-so-smart lawyer" used to be general counsel for a parking garage company, so she's not exactly a media / libel law specialist. LOL.

If you think that is something, then check out what the very first page of the lawsuit says:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-hos...065806463.html

MSNBC Hosts Crack Up Over Error Found On First Page Of Trump Lawsuit

...

But on page one, it says, “The defendants’ actions were motivated by a personal vendetta and their desire to gain fame, notoriety, acclaim and a financial windfall and were further intended to advance their political agenda,” Maddow said. “Then it says this: ‘The brazenness of the defendants’ actions cannot be understated.’”

“That’s page one of the lawsuit! Cannot be understated. OK. How can you not understate brazenness?! I’m sorry,” she added.

“He has the lawyers who think the way he does,” O’Donnell quipped.

Trump’s lawyers ostensibly meant to say the brazenness of the defendants’ actions could not be overstated.

...

SuburbanTurkey 23rd September 2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quiz: Can You Tell the Difference Between Tucker Carlson and an Admitted White Supremacist?

The Fox News host is pushing the racist idea of the “great replacement” as Haitian refugees try to seek asylum at the southern border
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...emacy-1231248/

Quote:

“The Democrat Party will own America and they know it. They have already begun the transition by pandering heavily to the Hispanic voting bloc.”
“An unrelenting stream of immigrants … to change the racial mix of the country, to reduce the political power of people whose ancestors live here, and dramatically increase the proportions of Americas newly arrived from the Third World.”
“Every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter.”
“They are actively trying to disenfranchise us from the institutions that our ancestors created.”
“The founders were well aware of the importance that identity played in the make-up of a nation, and how fundamental it was to the future progress and success of that people.”
“We are becoming a displaced minority in our own country thanks to Democrat policies. They tax the hell out of middle class families who might want to have more children while paying for welfare queens to have five or six babies they can’t support.”
“We are told these changes are entirely good. We must celebrate the fact that a nation that was overwhelmingly European, Christian, and English-speaking fifty years ago has become a place with no ethnic majority, immense religious pluralism, and no universally shared culture or language.”
“This is ethnic replacement. This is cultural replacement. This is racial replacement.”
“They’re political success does not depend on good policies, but on demographic replacement. They’ll do anything to make sure it happens.”
“Why is diversity said to be our greatest strength? Does anyone even ask why? It is spoken like a mantra and repeated ad infinitum.”

The Great Zaganza 23rd September 2021 06:36 PM

Carlson is laying the groundwork for a Rwanda-style genocide in the US.

Trebuchet 23rd September 2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13608749)
Carlson is laying the groundwork for a Rwanda-style genocide in the US.

He hopes so, at least.

Bob001 23rd September 2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13594284)
Maybe not but one of the tenets of their religion is that young people need to serve 2 years in their missionary service. And in doing that they often can be seen, 2 young men in suits and ties knocking on doors to preach.

Sounds just like that famous documentary "The Book of Mormon."

Stacyhs 23rd September 2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey (Post 13608587)

Ah, yes.....the conservative mantra: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Skeptic Ginger 23rd September 2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13608841)
Sounds just like that famous documentary "The Book of Mormon."

Great play and it does have truth in it.

Someone upthread said this kind of 'mission' was usually undertaken in other countries. But I have seen them here in the US as well.

Stacyhs 24th September 2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13608898)
Great play and it does have truth in it.

Someone upthread said this kind of 'mission' was usually undertaken in other countries. But I have seen them here in the US as well.

No, not 'usually' in other countries, but 'also' in other countries.

When my eldest Mormon cousin was on his mission, it was in California. My Mormon BIL did his in N. or S. Dakota. My husband's Mormon half-sister did hers in Russia. I can't remember where my youngest cousin did his, probably because he got sent home in disgrace for dating a girl but I remember it was in the US somewhere.

Skeptic Ginger 24th September 2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13608929)
No, not 'usually' in other countries, but 'also' in other countries. ...

I see. Well that makes more sense then given I've seen them around here.

Lurch 24th September 2021 07:09 AM

This fear mongering from the Right about 'the Great Replacement' is a good example of a carefully chosen word; "replacement." It almost evokes an image of whites being shuffled off, shelved, cashiered, made redundant, impoverished, dispossessed, forced out, culturally diminished, religiously oppressed, disempowered as their darker complected alternates are brought in. The fear of any possibility of having tables turned is palpable.

Norman Alexander 24th September 2021 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 13609154)
This fear mongering from the Right about 'the Great Replacement' is a good example of a carefully chosen word; "replacement." It almost evokes an image of whites being shuffled off, shelved, cashiered, made redundant, impoverished, dispossessed, forced out, culturally diminished, religiously oppressed, disempowered as their darker complected alternates are brought in. The fear of any possibility of having tables turned is palpable.

All 80% of 320 million of them. :rolleyes:

Segnosaur 24th September 2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Maybe not but one of the tenets of their religion is that young people need to serve 2 years in their missionary service. And in doing that they often can be seen, 2 young men in suits and ties knocking on doors to preach.
Quote:

When my eldest Mormon cousin was on his mission, it was in California. My Mormon BIL did his in N. or S. Dakota. My husband's Mormon half-sister did hers in Russia. I can't remember where my youngest cousin did his, probably because he got sent home in disgrace for dating a girl but I remember it was in the US somewhere.
Did any of them become super heroes?

Orgazmo (Wikipedia)

Bob001 24th September 2021 11:59 AM

Conservative commentator weighs in:
Quote:

The United States is heading into its greatest political and constitutional crisis since the Civil War, with a reasonable chance over the next three to four years of incidents of mass violence, a breakdown of federal authority, and the division of the country into warring red and blue enclaves. The warning signs may be obscured by the distractions of politics, the pandemic, the economy and global crises, and by wishful thinking and denial. But about these things there should be no doubt:

First, Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024. The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running.

Second, Trump and his Republican allies are actively preparing to ensure his victory by whatever means necessary. Trump’s charges of fraud in the 2020 election are now primarily aimed at establishing the predicate to challenge future election results that do not go his way. Some Republican candidates have already begun preparing to declare fraud in 2022, just as Larry Elder tried meekly to do in the California recall contest.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tional-crisis/

Stacyhs 24th September 2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13609165)
Did any of them become super heroes?

Orgazmo (Wikipedia)

I'll ask. :p

Stacyhs 24th September 2021 12:18 PM

Nothing the Trumpers do surprises me anymore. They are crazy.

Stacyhs 25th September 2021 12:53 AM

Hold onto your hats, folks. Jordan Klepper speaks to anti-mask parents:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Norman Alexander 25th September 2021 01:48 AM

There are some SPECIAL cases out there, aren't there. :rolleyes:

Stacyhs 25th September 2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13609899)
There are some SPECIAL cases out there, aren't there. :rolleyes:

Terrifying how many there are.

mgidm86 25th September 2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13609876)
Hold onto your hats, folks. Jordan Klepper speaks to anti-mask parents:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


I wish I could be patient with people like that. I couldn't even be within a block of them without being agitated.

Stacyhs 25th September 2021 02:45 PM

Michael Cohen's advice to Mary Trump on his lawsuit against her and the NYT. It's rather humorous:

https://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-...p-121984069754

Regnad Kcin 26th September 2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13609434)
Conservative commentator weighs in:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tional-crisis/

I read that piece. Well reasoned and very sobering.

dudalb 26th September 2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13609434)
Conservative commentator weighs in:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tional-crisis/

Nice to see somebody agress with me about the probablity of massive violence in the near future.
I am still skeptical of whether Trump will run again,though.

The Great Zaganza 26th September 2021 09:50 PM

If at all possible, Trump will run again; reason being that running last time, and then being in office, let him delay a number of lawsuits for years and years, in particular about Trump-U.

dudalb 28th September 2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13608898)
Great play and it does have truth in it.

Someone upthread said this kind of 'mission' was usually undertaken in other countries. But I have seen them here in the US as well.

Which leads to a interesitng question. A lot of the on line and TV stuff put out by the LDS is very sophisticated. I have to think the main reason for the missionsary program to not so much to win converts but to build loyalty in the people who volunteer for the missions.
And, yeah, you see them all the time in the US.
One change over the past few decades: Now Young Women are encouraged to undertake the missions as well as men.

Bob001 29th September 2021 10:10 AM

An assessment of the Republican Party as crooks:
Quote:

Republican appointees on the U.S. Supreme Court cracked open the door for professional grifters in 1976 when, for the first time in American history, the court redefined politicians taking money from billionaires away from being "political corruption" and "bribery" — what such behavior had been called since the beginning of the republic — to instead say it was a mere "exercise of free speech" on the part of the morbidly rich.

Two years after the Buckley decision, in 1978, Justice Lewis Powell (author of the infamous 1971 "Powell Memo") pushed the door even farther open when he wrote for the Republican majority a decision granting giant corporations the same "free speech right" to own politicians in Boston v, Bellotti.

And in 2010, with Citizens United, Republican appointees on the court didn't just blow the doors open; they tore down the entire building of "good government" in America, reaffirming that any billionaire or corporation that wanted to own their very own pet politician — or, if rich enough, own an entire political party — was totally legal and not at all corrupt.

Which is why Richard Nixon, who resigned in 1974, was one of the last Republican politicians who actually believed that politics in America had something to do with governing the nation (even if he did it poorly). Ever since then, the GOP has been composed almost exclusively of professional grifters, a somewhat different type of cat from an ordinary criminal like Nixon, who just took bribes, blackmailed people and lied about it all.

Grifters occupy a unique niche in the world of criminals: They avoid direct violence, but live and act only to enrich themselves, whether it's with money, sex, power or all three. They're typically high-functioning sociopaths who sneer at the rules of civilized society the rest of us take seriously. They combine the not-uncommon skill set of being charming and great salesmen and storytellers, but have no conscience or respect for the truth.

Grifters believe they're the only "real" people in the world and all the rest of us are here for their entertainment, satisfaction or to pluck clean of whatever we have that they want. They view us as cardboard cutouts; their pains and loves and desires are real while ours are merely background noise.

And the entire Republican Party has become one giant in-crowd of professional grifters, most all of them getting rich, getting famous and/or getting laid in the process.
https://www.salon.com/2021/09/29/whe...fters_partner/

The Great Zaganza 29th September 2021 10:14 AM

I think that is accurate - grifters love other grifters who reinforce their own Con; hell, all of QAnon is a free-for-all grift.
And they hate principles of any kind.

Stacyhs 29th September 2021 11:08 PM

I agree. The GOP leadership and fools like MTG are grifters par excellence. Their main goal is to enrich themselves by doing everything they can to get people to send money to them. Some time back I made the foolish mistake of going to DeSantis' website to check something. Since then, I have been inundated every single day with right wing requests for 'donations' from every right wing person or group you can name: Trump, Giuliani, DeSantis, Gun Rights groups, various "Police" groups, etc. You name it, I get it. I keep 'unsubscribing' from them but they just keep coming. I've gone to Dem websites and will get, from time to time, requests for a donation but they are few and far in-between and usually around an election. But I get them every damn day from these GOP grifters and every single one of them is full of fear mongering about how bad the "Communist" Liberal-Dems are and how they 'need to be stopped'. Just goes to reinforce my belief that conservatism is rooted in fear.

turingtest 30th September 2021 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13614952)
I agree. The GOP leadership and fools like MTG are grifters par excellence. Their main goal is to enrich themselves by doing everything they can to get people to send money to them. Some time back I made the foolish mistake of going to DeSantis' website to check something. Since then, I have been inundated every single day with right wing requests for 'donations' from every right wing person or group you can name: Trump, Giuliani, DeSantis, Gun Rights groups, various "Police" groups, etc. You name it, I get it. I keep 'unsubscribing' from them but they just keep coming. I've gone to Dem websites and will get, from time to time, requests for a donation but they are few and far in-between and usually around an election. But I get them every damn day from these GOP grifters and every single one of them is full of fear mongering about how bad the "Communist" Liberal-Dems are and how they 'need to be stopped'. Just goes to reinforce my belief that conservatism is rooted in fear.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but "unsubscribing" is probably why they keep coming- basically all you've done is confirm for the sender that there's someone there that is opening the e-mail, and they're not actually under any obligation to stop sending them. I used to get those type e-mails regularly, and unsubscribed a million times, sometimes even sending a return e-mail with some pretty choice language (which I imagine someone got a chuckle over). Best method is to report the e-mail as spam without opening it, or just chuck it in the trash and forget about it- eventually, with no responses from you, they'll stop coming.

Stacyhs 30th September 2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turingtest (Post 13615082)
It sounds counter-intuitive, but "unsubscribing" is probably why they keep coming- basically all you've done is confirm for the sender that there's someone there that is opening the e-mail, and they're not actually under any obligation to stop sending them. I used to get those type e-mails regularly, and unsubscribed a million times, sometimes even sending a return e-mail with some pretty choice language (which I imagine someone got a chuckle over). Best method is to report the e-mail as spam without opening it, or just chuck it in the trash and forget about it- eventually, with no responses from you, they'll stop coming.

It is working for the ones that I unsubscribe to but new ones from different websites keep coming. They all link to a central source: America Media Source. I just emailed them and told them to remove my email from all their clients. We'll see.

Norman Alexander 30th September 2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13615986)
It is working for the ones that I unsubscribe to but new ones from different websites keep coming. They all link to a central source: America Media Source. I just emailed them and told them to remove my email from all their clients. We'll see.

Right-wing troll factory ginning up the current GOP/Trumpy memes.

Stacyhs 30th September 2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13616034)
Right-wing troll factory ginning up the current GOP/Trumpy memes.

Yep. Go on ONE Republican site and apparently you've signed up for for all of them. :mad:

Bob001 1st October 2021 10:59 AM

More good news: Millions of Americans would like to "restore" Trump by violence.
Quote:

For months, my colleagues and I at the University of Chicago Project on Security and Threats have been tracking insurrectionist sentiments in U.S. adults, most recently in surveys in June. We have found that 47 million American adults – nearly 1 in 5 – agree with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, 21 million also agree that “use of force is justified to restore Donald J. Trump to the presidency.”

Our survey found that many of these 21 million people with insurrectionist sentiments have the capacity for violent mobilization. At least 7 million of them already own a gun, and at least 3 million have served in the U.S. military and so have lethal skills. Of those 21 million, 6 million said they supported right-wing militias and extremist groups, and 1 million said they are themselves or personally know a member of such a group, including the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys.
https://theconversation.com/21-milli...y-finds-168359

The Great Zaganza 1st October 2021 11:01 AM

good.
It's child's play to get these people to incriminate themselves and send them to prison.

Stacyhs 4th October 2021 02:14 PM

This should be interesting:

Quote:

Trump Could Be Deposed About Zervos Assault Claims by Christmas


(Bloomberg) -- Former President Donald Trump could be questioned under oath before Christmas about claims that he sexually assaulted former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos.

A New York judge on Monday ordered lawyers for Trump and Zervos to complete their depositions by Dec. 23. The order didn’t include any names of witnesses, but Zervos has long said she would seek to depose Trump.

Zervos, who claims Trump assaulted her in a Beverly Hills hotel room more than a decade ago, sued him for defamation after he called her a liar just before the 2016 election.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-by-christmas

Stacyhs 5th October 2021 12:38 PM

Pence is now downplaying the Jan. 6 insurrection where they were calling for his hanging and blaming the media.

Quote:

On Hannity’s show, Pence sidestepped the violent nature of the Capitol assault and the threat to his own life. “I know the media wants to distract from the Biden administration’s failed agenda by focusing on one day in January,” Pence told Hannity.

“They want to use that one day to try and demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans who believed we could be strong again and prosperous again and supported our administration in 2016 and 2020,” he said, adding he wants to “remain focused on the future.”

CNN political commentator SE Cupp called his comments “grating” Tuesday morning, while anchor John Berman said, “The media wasn’t chanting, ‘Hang Mike Pence.’ The insurrectionists were.”
https://www.thewrap.com/pence-defends-capitol-riot/

Fidelio 5th October 2021 01:06 PM

Heh, t**** under oath. Yeah that's gonna happen.

carlitos 5th October 2021 01:09 PM

Yeah, "one day in January." Remember that one day in September 2001, or that one day in December 1941? The Lunar New Year in 1968?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.