International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

jimbob 30th August 2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 12803583)
But, apparently, not loyal enough.

It's going to become harder to replace people if the general perception is that his ship is sinking.

That's what I think will happen. It will lurch around for a while, looking less functional, and then, when it looks like a more of a liability than an asset to their careers, the Republicans will abandon it and it will sink suddenly. At the moment it's shipping in water, but is just about going.

And because it has such an unattractive personality, there won't be residual loyalty to it, in fact even its political allies, would probably console themselves with the thought that even if they're doomed, they can cause it humiliation and damage.

One can hope

d4m10n 30th August 2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 12804074)
That's what I think will happen. It will lurch around for a while, looking less functional, and then, when it looks like a more of a liability than an asset to their careers, the Republicans will abandon it and it will sink suddenly.

And then America's 3 minute attention span will give all the toadies and collaborators a free pass despite all they did to undermine various longstanding constitutional & ethical norms.

Squeegee Beckenheim 31st August 2019 02:01 AM

John Shimkus has announced he's not seeking re-election

Norman Alexander 31st August 2019 05:14 AM

At the rate they are leaving this administration, by 2020, Trump will be a lonely, smelly old man shuffling around the White House in his tattered long-johns, talking to himself and making unintelligible snarls at passers-by out the windows.

Jim_MDP 31st August 2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12804468)
At the rate they are leaving this administration, by 2020, Trump will be a lonely, smelly old man shuffling around the White House in his tattered long-johns, talking to himself and making unintelligible snarls at passers-by out the windows.

Sorry, no passers-by... or did I fall for fake news that they're building a new 11 foot tall wall around the WH?
[emoji1]

Skeptic Ginger 31st August 2019 07:22 AM

Trump has all the best people, that's why he's now making excuses that interim acting replacements are better because he has more control. :rolleyes:

Stacyhs 31st August 2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12801492)
Sarah Sanders, meanwhile, has been promoted from the White House to the state news propaganda channel.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1164562899190341632

She'll fit right in. Her lying skills were honed working for Trump. She learned from the best.

Stacyhs 31st August 2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 12803225)
Another loss from the White House:

From: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/29/polit...out/index.html
Madeleine Westerhout resigned as executive assistant to the President on Thursday after Trump learned she had shared information with reporters at a recent off-the-record meeting

Not exactly a political figure. But, she had apparently been quite loyal for several years.

Apparently, she let slip that Trump doesn't like to have his pic taken with his daughter, Tiffany, because of her weight.

alfaniner 31st August 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 12804695)
Apparently, she let slip that Trump doesn't like to have his pic taken with his daughter, Tiffany, because of her weight.

I don't think I was ever aware that he had a daughter besides Ivanka.

Skeptic Ginger 31st August 2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 12804695)
Apparently, she let slip that Trump doesn't like to have his pic taken with his daughter, Tiffany, because of her weight.

Ah ha. So that's what that was about. I heard a snippet of this, this morning and other than hearing Trump and Tiffany, and Trump being angry, I missed the rest.

Stacyhs 31st August 2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12804894)
Ah ha. So that's what that was about. I heard a snippet of this, this morning and other than hearing Trump and Tiffany, and Trump being angry, I missed the rest.

Tiffany's not the one Trump thinks is hot and he wouldn't date her even if she weren't his daughter.

Skeptic Ginger 31st August 2019 04:37 PM

That fat-ass Trump has a lot of nerve. He's seriously overweight, Tiffany isn't though
maybe she needs a stylist.

Tiffany Trump’s Easter Outfit 2019

I might use a stylist if I had the money for one. I can't pick out clothes.

quadraginta 31st August 2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12804468)
At the rate they are leaving this administration, by 2020, Trump will be a lonely, smelly old man shuffling around the White House in his tattered long-johns, talking to himself and making unintelligible snarls at passers-by out the windows.


So ... no change?

Craig4 1st September 2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 12804888)
I don't think I was ever aware that he had a daughter besides Ivanka.

From what little is reported on her, she stays away from daddy even though she lives in town and attends Georgetown Law School.

Armitage72 1st September 2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12804905)
That fat-ass Trump has a lot of nerve. He's seriously overweight, Tiffany isn't though
maybe she needs a stylist.


This is the guy who mocked a man at one of his recent rallies for being overweight. His self-awareness is nonexistent.

a_unique_person 1st September 2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 12804888)
I don't think I was ever aware that he had a daughter besides Ivanka.

The Chuck Cunningham of the Trump family

Norman Alexander 1st September 2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 12804986)
So ... no change?

I tee them up... ;)

Regnad Kcin 1st September 2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 12805363)
The Chuck Cunningham of the Trump family

Ha!

Norman Alexander 5th September 2019 02:23 PM

Jason Greenblatt resigns. Trump's envoy for the Middle East.

"More time with family" line is probably true - he has six kids.

Dr. Keith 5th September 2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12810024)
Jason Greenblatt resigns. Trump's envoy for the Middle East.

"More time with family" line is probably true - he has six kids.

And after being in that job a bit I suppose he knows better than most how quickly their childhood may be over.

Arcade22 10th September 2019 09:00 AM

Bolton has been fired.

Edit: and the Whitehouse today stated that Bolton was supposed to be at a press briefing with Pompeo and Mnuchin, today.

The Don 10th September 2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcade22 (Post 12815068)
Bolton has been fired.

I guess Mike Pompeo "won".....

Donal 10th September 2019 10:04 AM

Sooo, Elliott Abrams taking the NSA job?

Senex 10th September 2019 10:07 AM

As much as I dislike Bolton it terrifies me that Trump doesn't listen to anyone that disagrees with him. It should terrify everyone.

Babbylonian 10th September 2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senex (Post 12815165)
As much as I dislike Bolton it terrifies me that Trump doesn't listen to anyone that disagrees with him. It should terrify everyone.

I'm sorry, but is there anything about this administration that isn't terrifying?

Skeptic Ginger 10th September 2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senex (Post 12815165)
As much as I dislike Bolton it terrifies me that Trump doesn't listen to anyone that disagrees with him. It should terrify everyone.

It's still good one less war hawk is whispering in his ear.

But I think is also indicates Trump continues to deteriorate.

Segnosaur 10th September 2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12815178)
Quote:

As much as I dislike Bolton it terrifies me that Trump doesn't listen to anyone that disagrees with him. It should terrify everyone.
It's still good one less war hawk is whispering in his ear.

Unless of course he replaces Bolton with Elliott Abrams (as another poster suggested), who was one of the ones who pushed for the Iraq war.

Senex 10th September 2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 12815169)
I'm sorry, but is there anything about this administration that isn't terrifying?

Too true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12815178)
It's still good one less war hawk is whispering in his ear.

But I think is also indicates Trump continues to deteriorate.

That's it. The voices in his head will win more and more leading to poorer and poorer outcomes. We have a Stephen King villain running the show.

The Greater Fool 10th September 2019 10:33 AM

Trump said he would appoint a new person next week.

Next week is where Trump promises die.

Safe-Keeper 10th September 2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool (Post 12815201)
Trump said he would appoint a new person next week.

Gotta go to Alabama to have nurses and doctors swoon over him at some hospital overrun with casualties, and get through infrastructure week, and finish the wall, and then there might be another Rapist Terrorist Syphillis Muslim caravan coming from some Mexican country.

Trebuchet 10th September 2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12815263)
Gotta go to Alabama to have nurses and doctors swoon over him at some hospital overrun with casualties, and get through infrastructure week, and finish the wall, and then there might be another Rapist Terrorist Syphillis Muslim caravan coming from some Mexican country.

Or the Bahamas. Some very bad people coming from there.

Donal 10th September 2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12815263)
another Rapist Terrorist Syphillis Muslim caravan coming from some Mexican country.

Other than "Muslim" that could describe him hosting a party at one of his resorts.

AnonyMoose 10th September 2019 12:16 PM

Trump: You're fired!
Bolton: No, I quit last night.
Trump: Nuh uh, I fired you first!
Bolton: Nuh uh, I quit first!
Trump: Fired!
Bolton: Quit!


http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7f50f48ec4.gif




Elect a clown. Expect a circus.

dudalb 10th September 2019 12:17 PM

Bolton is not going out quietly. This is going to be fun.

dudalb 10th September 2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senex (Post 12815198)
Too true.



That's it. The voices in his head will win more and more leading to poorer and poorer outcomes. We have a Stephen King villain running the show.


I used to think the Pennywise the CLown was King's most frightening creation, but since 2016 I think it's Greg Stillson in "The Dead Pool".

The Greater Fool 10th September 2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12815352)
I used to think the Pennywise the CLown was King's most frightening creation, but since 2016 I think it's Greg Stillson in "The Dead Pool".

Zone.

alfaniner 10th September 2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12815349)
Bolton is not going out quietly. This is going to be fun.

And Trump will fight and beat that dead horse like Neegan with his spiked baseball bat until even after it's nothing but gooey blood clots. This will make SharpieGate's hurricane look like a small sneeze.

dudalb 10th September 2019 12:37 PM

I hope that Bolton took a page from J Edgar Hoovers book, and kept detailed notes at all the dirt he saw happening in the Trump White House.

d4m10n 10th September 2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose (Post 12815345)
Elect a clown. Expect a circus.

Pithy. :thumbsup:

Safe-Keeper 10th September 2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose (Post 12815345)
Trump: You're fired!
Bolton: No, I quit last night.
Trump: Nuh uh, I fired you first!
Bolton: Nuh uh, I quit first!
Trump: Fired!
Bolton: Quit!


http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7f50f48ec4.gif

Elect a clown. Expect a circus.

That's not how you do it. You write a letter of resignation, that's scathing towards the President, and he only learns of it through media and twitter because he doesn't read, so he'll receive the letter and then praise you, and then have to come back later to fire you, looking really stupid :thumbsup: .


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.