International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

eerok 17th May 2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13482538)
Even if there was some criticism of her actions from the GOP it would be muted and temporary. Maybe a couple of senior people may make tangential reference to "over enthusiasm" or "a little too much patriotism" but as soon as it becomes clear that MTG has enhanced her position within the party, they'll claim that any criticism was taken out of context. ;)

For the GOP, it seems that "patriotic" has come to mean ignorant, deluded, and self-obsessed (and too often, violent as well). There's few sights more pathetic than the idiots calling themselves patriots these days.

ponderingturtle 17th May 2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans (Post 13480752)
Never wrestle with pigs. :rolleyes:

Hans

Especially when it is well known they are armed. Anyone have a bet on when MTG starts shooting in the capital?

JoeMorgue 17th May 2021 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13482553)
Anyone have a bet on when MTG starts shooting in the capital?

She won't do it. She has people for that.

Craig4 17th May 2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13480697)
This is tax fraud, a criminal offence.

MTG and her sucker of a husband ought to be prosecuted... but they won't be.

I think the Obama administration had one person indicted after his administration for something unrelated to his government work. Trump just surrounds himself with criminals.

Stacyhs 17th May 2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13482669)
I think the Obama administration had one person indicted after his administration for something unrelated to his government work. Trump just surrounds himself with criminals.

Birds of a feather and all.......

Regnad Kcin 17th May 2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13482853)
Birds of a feather and all.......

Thatís one of the more remarkable things about the Republican partyís glorification of Trump. Heís a lifelong, unrepentant criminal.

Just because he plays like a comic book super villain doesnít make his touch any less real.

Stacyhs 17th May 2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin (Post 13482920)
Thatís one of the more remarkable things about the Republican partyís glorification of Trump. Heís a lifelong, unrepentant criminal.

Just because he plays like a comic book super villain doesnít make his touch any less real.

Well, see...that's the problem. Why should he be repentant when he doesn't believe he's done anything wrong? For Trump, he truly believes that he's entitled to get away with whatever he does because he's special.

Belz... 17th May 2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin (Post 13482920)
Thatís one of the more remarkable things about the Republican partyís glorification of Trump. Heís a lifelong, unrepentant criminal.

Yeah, he's just like them.

dudalb 17th May 2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 13479822)
I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure she could do massive damage in any of those.

Agreed. People don't relise how important to the US..or any country...agriculture is. Too treat it like something the Marj could not do damage is pretty naive.

dudalb 17th May 2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 13480118)
Well it's the exact same sort of thinking that makes people espouse religion, cults of personality and conspiracy theories, when you think about it.

It's the sort of thing that education seeks to combat, but then religions, cults of personality and conspiracy theorists don't want that. It hurts their enrollment quotas.

I am a skeptic when it comes to religion.but not sure it deserves to be ranked with personality cults and conspiracy theories.

smartcooky 17th May 2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13483039)
Agreed. People don't relise how important to the US..or any country...agriculture is. Too treat it like something the Marj could not do damage is pretty naive.

She would be only one member of a committee of [*** stops to look it up ***] 52 representatives!! What serious damage could one person do?

bruto 17th May 2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13483067)
She would be only one member of a committee of [*** stops to look it up ***] 52 representatives!! What serious damage could one person do?

If she can't accomplish anything anyway, why put in in the first place? And if 51 other representatives can keep her from doing damage, why worry about her now amongst so many? I suspect she could manage some damage just by opening her mouth.

jimbob 17th May 2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13483039)
Agreed. People don't relise how important to the US..or any country...agriculture is. Too treat it like something the Marj could not do damage is pretty naive.

Yes, there's a reason why foot and mouth virus was considered for biological warfare. When it doesn't even directly kill cattle. It causes massive harm to one of the most fundamental economic activities. All the rest are fripperies if you cannot eat. Something that most of us in the West have forgotten.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13483103)
If she can't accomplish anything anyway, why put in in the first place? And if 51 other representatives can keep her from doing damage, why worry about her now amongst so many? I suspect she could manage some damage just by opening her mouth.

Indeed. It might also be seen as a reward for her.

Norman Alexander 17th May 2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13483067)
She would be only one member of a committee of [*** stops to look it up ***] 52 representatives!! What serious damage could one person do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13483103)
If she can't accomplish anything anyway, why put in in the first place? And if 51 other representatives can keep her from doing damage, why worry about her now amongst so many? I suspect she could manage some damage just by opening her mouth.

Is she actually attending the committee meetings? She seems to spend all her time in Washington roaming the halls looking for people to harass and letterboxes to swear through while making Tik Toks.

Hopefully those absences will minimise any damage she could have done in any committees. Or the committee chairs could simply "forget" to include her on the meeting schedule. Either way, less harm done to the committees' work.

Clearly publicity is MTG's only aim, or at least notoriety. It seems to bring in the donations from the GOP faithful, which is kinda depressing. The GOP seem perfectly willing to forgive her sins, because her hero #45 has a much longer, fatter list and they doggedly ignored those.

dudalb 17th May 2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13483123)
Is she actually attending the committee meetings? She seems to spend all her time in Washington roaming the halls looking for people to harass and letterboxes to swear through while making Tik Toks.

Hopefully those absences will minimise any damage she could have done in any committees. Or the committee chairs could simply "forget" to include her on the meeting schedule. Either way, less harm done to the committees' work.

Clearly publicity is MTG's only aim, or at least notoriety. It seems to bring in the donations from the GOP faithful, which is kinda depressing. The GOP seem perfectly willing to forgive her sins, because her hero #45 has a much longer, fatter list and they doggedly ignored those.


Oh, she is out to build herself as a brand,no doubt about that, and has little interest in the nuts and bolts of legislating, which is hard work.
She is not the only one..and they are not all in the GOP, sad to say. Too many congressmen just see The House as a step on the road to bigger things.

dudalb 17th May 2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 13483111)
Yes, there's a reason why foot and mouth virus was considered for biological warfare. When it doesn't even directly kill cattle. It causes massive harm to one of the most fundamental economic activities. All the rest are fripperies if you cannot eat. Something that most of us in the West have forgotten.



Indeed. It might also be seen as a reward for her.

I think most GOP congress critters know MTG is doing them no good with swing voters, and are tyring to pretend she does not exist as much as possible.

smartcooky 17th May 2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13483103)
If she can't accomplish anything anyway, why put in in the first place? And if 51 other representatives can keep her from doing damage, why worry about her now amongst so many? I suspect she could manage some damage just by opening her mouth.

You obviously haven't read the post where I suggested this.

"Perhaps MTG now needs to be given some committee appointments so that she doesn't so much spare time on her hands."

I was merely making a (perhaps misguided) attempt to offer a way cut down on her spare time, so that she has less time to indulge in her, ahem, extracurricular activities such as harassing other congresspeople and going on tours with Snatchboy!

Jim_MDP 17th May 2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13483123)
Is she actually attending the committee meetings? She seems to spend all her time in Washington roaming the halls looking for people to harass and letterboxes to swear through while making Tik Toks.



Hopefully those absences will minimise any damage she could have done in any committees. Or the committee chairs could simply "forget" to include her on the meeting schedule. Either way, less harm done to the committees' work.



Clearly publicity is MTG's only aim, or at least notoriety. It seems to bring in the donations from the GOP faithful, which is kinda depressing. The GOP seem perfectly willing to forgive her sins, because her hero #45 has a much longer, fatter list and they doggedly ignored those.

I don't see her having new assignments since she was booted from her two back in early Feb (12-14 weeks ago. Yeah, she's got too much time on her hands). Those look to have been Budget, and Education & Labor. Neither of which I'd want her greasy paws on (can't think of any I would actually).

She's not there to govern, she's not there for her constituents... she's building cred for her inevitable spot on OANN or NewsMax (or maybe Fox if they ever fall back in line again).

quadraginta 19th May 2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey (Post 13482477)
Would there really be any downside for Greene, politically speaking, if she were to physically assault someone like AOC, Ilhan Omar, or other evil Democrats while on the House floor.

Her base of support comes from belligerent reactionaries. It's not like she's spending much time doing any real legislative work, she's purely a token of conservative grievance and outrage. If anything, physically attacking on of the right's most dire enemies would only boost her credibility.

Can we really say with any certainty that the rest of the Republican party would disown such an antic?

I wouldn't be surprised if something of that nature happens in the near future.


I think we can say with a fair degree of confidence that the rest of the Repugnican party would variously either say nothing, praise her, or deny that anything of the sort ever happened at all even if it was captured on video by every news outlet in the country.

Belz... 19th May 2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13483042)
I am a skeptic when it comes to religion.but not sure it deserves to be ranked with personality cults and conspiracy theories.

In that specific respect, yes they do.

gnome 20th May 2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13485524)
I think we can say with a fair degree of confidence that the rest of the Repugnican party would variously either say nothing, praise her, or deny that anything of the sort ever happened at all even if it was captured on video by every news outlet in the country.

I mean really, maybe she is actually an ANTIFA plant trying to discredit herself?

gnome 20th May 2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13483316)
She's not there to govern, she's not there for her constituents... she's building cred for her inevitable spot on OANN or NewsMax (or maybe Fox if they ever fall back in line again).

The House of Representin'

https://i2.wp.com/scifiinterfaces.co...resentin03.png

JoeMorgue 20th May 2021 10:14 AM

I'm gonna go out of a crazy limb here and go "Using a House of Congress as stepping stone to your eventual goal of *checks notes* being a talking head on a conspiracy news network" is a sign that certain systematic things be fixed.

That fact "Internet Troll Poster but Real Life" is now a viable demographic in our government is one thing. The fact that see it as just a temporary step onto higher things is another.

Belz... 20th May 2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 13486285)
I mean really, maybe she is actually an ANTIFA plant trying to discredit herself?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if SHE brought up that theory.

Skeptic Ginger 20th May 2021 02:39 PM

It's like having Leroy Jenkins at the Congressional sessions. What an obnoxious inconsiderate idiot.

Dr. Keith 20th May 2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13486565)
It's like having Leroy Jenkins at the Congressional sessions. What an obnoxious inconsiderate idiot.

You have slandered the good name of Mr. Jenkins.

smartcooky 20th May 2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13486297)
I'm gonna go out of a crazy limb here and go "Using a House of Congress as stepping stone to your eventual goal of *checks notes* being a talking head on a conspiracy news network" is a sign that certain systematic systemic things be fixed.

That fact "Internet Troll Poster but Real Life" is now a viable demographic in our government is one thing. The fact that see it as just a temporary step onto higher things is another.

Friendly FTFY, but I knew what you meant and I 100% agree. The fact that...

Conspiracy theorists such as Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Ron Johnson and Rand Paul,
Racists such as Rick Santorum, Steve King and Mark Meadows,
Far-right nutjobs like Josh Hawley,
Nutjobs like Michelle Bachmann,
Total dumb-***** like Paul Gosar and Louie Gohmert,
Crooks and outright mob-bosses like D.J T****

... can get elected to positions of great power in the country is a clear indication that the system is badly broken.

quadraginta 20th May 2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13486712)
Friendly FTFY, but I knew what you meant and I 100% agree. The fact that...

Conspiracy theorists such as Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Ron Johnson and Rand Paul,
Racists such as Rick Santorum, Steve King and Mark Meadows,
Far-right nutjobs like Josh Hawley,
Nutjobs like Michelle Bachmann,
Total dumb-***** like Paul Gosar and Louie Gohmert,
Crooks and outright mob-bosses like D.J T****

... can get elected to positions of great power in the country is a clear indication that the system is badly broken.


Sadly, I suspect it is more a matter of reverting to type.

In any long view reflection of American government, sanity, honor, and respect for human rights has always been more the exception than the rule.

Lurch 20th May 2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13486712)
Friendly FTFY, but I knew what you meant and I 100% agree. The fact that...

Conspiracy theorists such as Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Ron Johnson and Rand Paul,
Racists such as Rick Santorum, Steve King and Mark Meadows,
Far-right nutjobs like Josh Hawley,
Nutjobs like Michelle Bachmann,
Total dumb-***** like Paul Gosar and Louie Gohmert,
Crooks and outright mob-bosses like D.J T****

... can get elected to positions of great power in the country is a clear indication that the system is badly broken.

The foundation of this broken system is the electorate. A people always gets the government it deserves. If the majority watch and not do, they have no one but themselves to blame. If the idiots outnumber the sane, then the idiots rightfully rule.

Stacyhs 20th May 2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 13486884)
The foundation of this broken system is the electorate. A people always gets the government it deserves. If the majority watch and not do, they have no one but themselves to blame. If the idiots outnumber the sane, then the idiots rightfully rule.

Not in the electoral system.

The Don 21st May 2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13486888)
Not in the electoral system.

Exactly.

There are many states where Republicans have a majority of seats in the state legislature, but polled fewer votes in total than the Democrats.

Stacyhs 23rd May 2021 04:32 PM

Marjorie is at it again:
Quote:

During an interview last week with the Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody Real America's Voice TV show "The Water Cooler," the Georgia congresswoman accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of being a hypocrite for asking GOP members to prove they have all been vaccinated before allowing members to be in the House chamber without a mask.

"You know, we can look back at a time in history where people were told to wear a gold star, and they were definitely treated like second class citizens, so much so that they were put in trains and taken to gas chambers in Nazi Germany," Greene said. "And this is exactly the type of abuse that Nancy Pelosi is talking about."
Quote:

Greene later defended her comments to CNN affiliate KPNX, saying, "I stand by all of my statements, I said nothing wrong."
Yeah, Marge. Being asked to prove you've been vaccinated before being allowed to not wear a mask in the House chamber is exactly like being gassed to death in a concentration camp. We've all seen reps dropping like flies on the House floor from those Zyklon B infused masks Pelosi has forced everyone to wear.

Norman Alexander 23rd May 2021 04:51 PM

And it was yellow stars anyway.

Skeptic Ginger 23rd May 2021 05:32 PM

It shows us the warped thinking this people have. Wearing a mask as a public health measure is pretty benign so let's gin it up and equate it to Nazi oppression of jews.

Stacyhs 23rd May 2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13488761)
And it was yellow stars anyway.

She's too stupid to know that. She's likely conflating it with the Gold Star which her hero Trump probably thinks Fred and Mary Anne should have had in their window for his 'bone spurs'.

Belz... 23rd May 2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13488752)
Yeah, Marge. Being asked to prove you've been vaccinated before being allowed to not wear a mask in the House chamber is exactly like being gassed to death in a concentration camp.

Well, they're both identifications, right?

She probably thinks that photo ID is the same, too.

Norman Alexander 23rd May 2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13488788)
She's too stupid to know that. She's likely conflating it with the Gold Star which her hero Trump probably thinks Fred and Mary Anne should have had in their window for his 'bone spurs'.

The yellow stars were simply to identify Jews in public (so the mighty Aryan races could avoid touching them, I guess). A sort of public personal number plate. They were not specifically part of the selection process for the Holocaust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 13488799)
Well, they're both identifications, right?

She probably thinks that photo ID is the same, too.

And yet she has no trouble getting her fugly lantern-jawed mug out on press releases and FB and YT videos showing herself "bravely in action against the communists and gun-grabbers". It would seem that anything she doesn't understand, she hates. Hatred is her thing.

Resume 23rd May 2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13488788)
She's too stupid to know that.

Feature, not a bug, as this maps with much of her constituency.

Stacyhs 23rd May 2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13488812)
Feature, not a bug, as this maps with much of her constituency.

As I've often been hand slapped for...they're just stoooopid.

turingtest 24th May 2021 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13488752)
Marjorie is at it again:



Yeah, Marge. Being asked to prove you've been vaccinated before being allowed to not wear a mask in the House chamber is exactly like being gassed to death in a concentration camp. We've all seen reps dropping like flies on the House floor from those Zyklon B infused masks Pelosi has forced everyone to wear.

It's no accident that the shows that people like Greene bloviate on tend to have names like "Real America's Voice." These are the same sort of people that trot out the superficial "we're a republic, not a democracy!" thing when they get out-voted as a reason to ignore that result. What it all comes down to is that they are the Real Americans, with the proper values and objectives, that's what really matters, and any opposition is un-American, "socialist" or "communist," certainly ungodly. In essence, they feel that they own America, so it doesn't even really matter if they lose a vote, they're still entitled to act as if they won it. Ownership imposes an obligation to maintain itself, so just about any tactic for that righteous maintenance is by definition justified; and there's no obligation to share, so everyone else who wants in can just go hang.

If America changed to encompass things they don't agree with, it's not America anymore.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.