International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   PartSkeptic’s Thread for Predictions and Other Matters of Interest (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343527)

PartSkeptic 9th April 2020 05:48 AM

PartSkeptic’s Thread for Predictions and Other Matters of Interest

Finally my suspension has been lifted.
Here are some statements by me.
Compare those with the vague science that a pandemic is inevitable. So inevitable that Western countries sat their hands and did nothing.

29/09/2019
One communication (with confirmatory events following it) was that there will soon be a big reduction in population. God will not let humankind destroy the world he has made. "Soon" meaning in time to make a difference.

30/09/2019
God only intervenes for small personal requests that are easy to do and difficult to prove his/her existence, or the intervention is to guide the destiny of humankind.

These last interventions can different forms. One is that he can do nothing to prevent a pandemic like the Black Plague. Another is that he can stop a pandemic from spreading at a time it would direct humankind in the wrong direction. He is going to do nothing to stop the pending die-off which has already started but people are ignoring it and will ignore it until too late.

09/01/2020
At the moment, we are overdue for a global pandemic. Why has it not happened? Is God delaying it by subtle interventions that prevent a calamitous spread? The interventions required are on such a small and unseen scale we cannot know. I reckon God is allowing a slow thinning of the population to give humankind time to adjust to a new reality. The slow thinning is cell phone radiation degrading immune systems, increasing infertility and leading to a lower life expectancy.

10/01/2020
In order for the thinning to take place, people must not realize the danger. ... by telling others that cell phones are quite safe and that those who claim otherwise are nutters.

The thinning is selective also. The radiation affects the weak, the sick and the elderly most of all. The strongest will survive. The smartest (those who realize the dangers) will also survive.

And as a by by-product, religion and belief in a higher power always thrive in times of pandemics. Watch what happens as it dawns on the population that something is causing the problem. Interesting times ahead.

27/01/2020

...my prediction. I said God told me that the overpopulation would be solved with a massive die-off. I am somewhat precognitive and clairprescient which means I know things that I can only know with the help of spirit. What I realized was that a simple pandemic would be contained so it could not achieve a 60% die-off. What had to happen was a silent unnoticed infection that would decrease immune systems so that both pandemics and ordinary illnesses would kill people off. For a while, I thought this might be a combination of a virus and a fungus because my fungal infection was so stealthy and not diagnosed.

But no. When the cell tower was put next door and I (and others) got sick, I realized it was another bit of psychic information. It is the perfect stealth mechanism because not only will the effects not be noticed for decades (like smoking) but it is global in reach, affecting every country, town and city. Particularly big cities. Remember the plagues - big cities!

It has the added factor of increasing mutation in pathogens because it DOES cause DNA breaks via increased ion channel stress and reactive oxygen species. Scientifically proven.

And the world is in denial. Helped on by the "experts" in the industry. When the truth comes out, science and technology will be dealt a serious blow - and people will look to things more spiritual to guide their lives. People will revolt against the inequality which is growing out of control. (Hence the censorship already taking place). New leaders with justice and fairness will hopefully emerge. Otherwise there will be dystopia as seen in most sci-fi movies of the future.

How's that for a prediction. So far it is on track. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion- one can see how it will unfold and nothing can be done about it.

Mod InfoThis has been split from the general Covid-19 conspiracy thread, where it does not belong.
Posted By:zooterkin

Guybrush Threepwood 9th April 2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13050303)
......27/01/2020

...my prediction. I said God told me that the overpopulation would be solved with a massive die-off. I am somewhat precognitive and clairprescient which means I know things that I can only know with the help of spirit. What I realized was that a simple pandemic would be contained so it could not achieve a 60% die-off. What had to happen was a silent unnoticed infection that would decrease immune systems so that both pandemics and ordinary illnesses would kill people off. For a while, I thought this might be a combination of a virus and a fungus because my fungal infection was so stealthy and not diagnosed.

But no. When the cell tower was put next door and I (and others) got sick, I realized it was another bit of psychic information. It is the perfect stealth mechanism because not only will the effects not be noticed for decades (like smoking) but it is global in reach, affecting every country, town and city. Particularly big cities. Remember the plagues - big cities!

It has the added factor of increasing mutation in pathogens because it DOES cause DNA breaks via increased ion channel stress and reactive oxygen species. Scientifically proven.

And the world is in denial. Helped on by the "experts" in the industry. When the truth comes out, science and technology will be dealt a serious blow - and people will look to things more spiritual to guide their lives. People will revolt against the inequality which is growing out of control. (Hence the censorship already taking place). New leaders with justice and fairness will hopefully emerge. Otherwise there will be dystopia as seen in most sci-fi movies of the future.

How's that for a prediction. So far it is on track. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion- one can see how it will unfold and nothing can be done about it.[/i]

Uncanny, I can't believe how precise it is. I'll be sure to check back here in several decades after the human population has reduced by 60% and congratulate you on your incredible ability. :rolleyes:

PartSkeptic 9th April 2020 06:23 AM

If God exists and if God communicated with me about reducing the population and changing the world to a more spiritual place (which I believe is true) then what we are seeing is only the start. Economies will collapse causing death through starvation and other diseases. There will be other waves of pandemics.

No need to wait several decades. About 5 years should do it. Remember that people will want scape goats who incurred God's wrath. Atheism is not likely to survive.

Guybrush Threepwood 9th April 2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13050340)
If God exists and if God communicated with me about reducing the population and changing the world to a more spiritual place (which I believe is true) then what we are seeing is only the start. Economies will collapse causing death through starvation and other diseases. There will be other waves of pandemics.

No need to wait several decades. About 5 years should do it. Remember that people will want scape goats who incurred God's wrath. Atheism is not likely to survive.

Great, so what are your upper and lower limits on the world population 5 years from now, so I know if your prediction was right? No rush, you can take the time to ask God if you need to.

carlitos 9th April 2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood (Post 13050325)
Uncanny, I can't believe how precise it is. I'll be sure to check back here in several decades after the human population has reduced by 60% and congratulate you on your incredible ability. :rolleyes:

No doubt. Global population increases by about 200,000 people per day, so if coronavirus killed a million people, that would be about a five-day setback. Population control is one of the most self-debunking conspiracy theories in history.

RedStapler 9th April 2020 06:39 AM

Quote:

If God exists

He doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

and if God communicated with me

He didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Georg 9th April 2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

How's that for a prediction.

0/10

Just a usual mixture of having no clue at all, self aggrandizing, religious claptrap mixed with other superstitious bullcrap, looking forward to the death of unbelievers, making vague statements that later can be interpreted as a hit..... you get the gist.

On second thoughts, probably not :D

I´d prefer dying from whatever cause to a life with such a malfunctioning brain.

Well, you asked.......

RedStapler 9th April 2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

...my prediction. I said God told me that the overpopulation would be solved with a massive die-off.

How is this "prediction" going for you? Does not look like overpopulation will be "solved" even if the death count is quite high at the moment.

Pixel42 9th April 2020 07:27 AM

A prediction of an unspecified pandemic at an unspecified date is about as unimpressive as such predictions get. To be at all of interest it would need to specify at least one of the following:

1. The date and duration of the pandemic, accurate to within at least a year

2. The nature of the pandemic

3. The final death toll

PartSkeptic got (1) wrong, made no attempt at (2), and so far at least looks likely to be way off on (3). So his hit rate is currently in line with his previous hit rate, i.e. pathetic.

If the global population drops below 5 billion any time in the next five years, PS, by all means come back and gloat about how right you were to the two thirds of us who remain (assuming you're not one of the unlucky third yourself, of course). Until then, you got nothing.

carlitos 9th April 2020 10:06 AM

Where were those "predictions" published? I can't find them using google to search this forum.

Pixel42 9th April 2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13050571)
Where were those "predictions" published? I can't find them using google to search this forum.

IIRC most of the discussion was on a thread started by the forum's resident doomsayer Paul Bethke (sp?) called Signs of the End Times. PartSkeptic predicted a pandemic by the end of 2017. It was one of several predictions he made around four years ago, including that Trump would be elected. Others included Trump nuking North Korea. I tracked a bunch of them for a while, his hit rate was what you would expect.

PartSkeptic 10th April 2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13051216)
IIRC most of the discussion was on a thread started by the forum's resident doomsayer Paul Bethke (sp?) called Signs of the End Times. PartSkeptic predicted a pandemic by the end of 2017. It was one of several predictions he made around four years ago, including that Trump would be elected. Others included Trump nuking North Korea. I tracked a bunch of them for a while, his hit rate was what you would expect.

Pixel uses the usual distortion of some posts. I predicted Trumps election ad continued presidency and the extreme challenges to his presidency. I posted that Trump was considering nuking North Korea. I do not claim to have a 100% hit rate, especially on public forums.

But the world as we know it WILL change to one more spiritual - and that will be because of a lot of death and pain. My history of psychic events pretty much confirms that what God told me would happen, will happen.

It is quite true that for some years I have been expecting a pandemic or some other global illness to strike the world. I have not been exactly sure when because I did not get it in writing from God. I got the message that it would happen, and the message was confirmed by my learning of the breakout of Swine flu and by the Swine Flu coming to the area of New Zealand I happen to be in.

But I knew a week later that it was not going to be Swine Flu. So I do not jump on the bandwagon of any scare. I did not jump onto the other scares either. I have had a gradual "learning" of when it might happen, although I have been on the lookout, and suggesting to others that they lookout. One such precursor has been the increase in cancer deaths among young people. Also increases in Autism and Dementia.

It was when we had a cell tower next to us and I learned first hand of just how bad cell radiation can be that I expected cell radiation to be playing a part. That is when I could be fairly sure the timing was not long. My health is so bad that I also feel it had to be soon so I could be around to see the start.

I got off this forum because of all the scoffing and had to launch legal challenges to the tower. All the way to the Constitutional Court. Twice. But the Telcos can buy judges and buy results. They used blatant and outright perjury which the judges could use to give adverse judgements.

My wife and I had to sell the house and move to a new house. Before that I had to rent an apartment because I was so badly affected by the radiation. I know for certain how bad it is. I feel that God has been giving me "lessons" and that this was the final one. Hence my predictions (not on this site) that there would soon be the start of a die-off.

PartSkeptic 10th April 2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedStapler (Post 13050384)
How is this "prediction" going for you? Does not look like overpopulation will be "solved" even if the death count is quite high at the moment.

Give it time. Predictions are not precise. Is it not enough to know that:

1) God is allowing this to happen so as to stop the destruction of the planet.

2) That the world will become more spiritual

3) That one pandemic is not enough, and there will be more, together with massive collateral damage

4) The start is upon us and despite some respites now and then, it will continue to wreak havoc.

5) Science will finally be forced to recognize the damage electro-smog does.

You do know I am not trying to convince anyone on this forum. I post here to get feedback. It is part of the way God works. The messages are subtle and must be filtered out of the background noise.

I get no pleasure as a doom-sayer. The opposite. Life for me and others is most unpleasant. Our hope it that a better world emerges.

Pixel42 10th April 2020 12:48 AM

The prediction that the world will become more spiritual, whatever the hell that means, as a result of Covid-19 is an interesting one. A more scientifically literate, and prepared to listen to scientific advice, population is surely at least as likely. If only because the anti-vax, anti-science "spiritual" bunch are more likely to ignore that advice and end up dead.

abaddon 10th April 2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13051288)
Give it time. Predictions are not precise. Is it not enough to know that:

1) God is allowing this to happen so as to stop the destruction of the planet.

2) That the world will become more spiritual

3) That one pandemic is not enough, and there will be more, together with massive collateral damage

4) The start is upon us and despite some respites now and then, it will continue to wreak havoc.

5) Science will finally be forced to recognize the damage electro-smog does.

You do know I am not trying to convince anyone on this forum. I post here to get feedback. It is part of the way God works. The messages are subtle and must be filtered out of the background noise.

I get no pleasure as a doom-sayer. The opposite. Life for me and others is most unpleasant. Our hope it that a better world emerges.

OK. Your feedback is that posting nonsense like this will cause more deaths. What does that make you?

abaddon 10th April 2020 03:11 AM

In more general terms, I find it shocking how the "bleevers" take a certain glee in the death of thousands. It is about as low as any person could sink.

Cosmic Yak 10th April 2020 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon (Post 13051377)
In more general terms, I find it shocking how the "bleevers" take a certain glee in the death of thousands. It is about as low as any person could sink.

Agreed.
PartSkeptic's recent posts are a perfect example of what is wrong with so much of what passes as religious or spiritual thinking today.

Cosmic Yak 10th April 2020 03:42 AM

Quote:

Remember that people will want scape goats who incurred God's wrath. Atheism is not likely to survive.

Given that there have been several well-documented cases of religious gatherings that turned into coronavirus hotspots, I think atheism is actually the most likely to survive.

PartSkeptic 10th April 2020 11:32 PM

I am being told that this pandemic was being predicted by the science community and others. I agree that it was. As you all know I have been on the lookout for signs that it was imminent.

My question is: How many of you were prepared for this virus?

I was fully prepared, and God helped me. In the last year I have had my right knee replaced (the left one was done), gastroscopy and colonoscopy (all clear), a brain MRI, and extensive blood tests. They all show no deviation from the norm.

I have a 4.5 kVA generator, lots of gasoline, kept the cars full at all times, have a number of full natural gas bottles, two large rain water tanks (in addition to a large swimming pool), and solar panels with a battery system.

I have 2 CPAP machines, one oxygen machine so both my wife and I could be ventilated at home. I have an oximeter with a low blood oxygen alarm. A blood pressure machine. Three thermometers. We have 2 boxes of N95 masks, a box of surgical masks and a box of nitrile gloves. I have 3 face shields and five safety glasses. Some of these became unavailable in the last months.

I have been asking the doctor to prescribe twice the anti-fungals I need and have been been hoarding the excess to get me through at least 6 months. I have 3 liters colloidal silver water and some colloidal silver gel.

I advised my wife to sell her house and that we buy another in a good area. We have done that in December. Our current house is much safer in case of rioting mobs.

I advised my wife to shut down her business and lay off all the staff. Rather than use slow lawyers I did the procedures myself and did it quickly. We were in time to beat the 5 week shut-down that has affected SA. At the time, my wife wanted to keep her factory open because she was getting orders that China could not fill for her customers. I was adamant this time.

When the 5 week draconian SA shut-down hit, we did not have to panic buy. We had good stock of everything.

We even have anti-malarials left over from prescriptions we did not take when going to the Kruger.

I have been reading up in pandemics. A great book I got serendipitously from a visit to a health spa was "Pandemics Progress". A 1996 book but better written that some of the more up-to-date ones.

I predicted that 2008 market crash and my late wife and I came out of that much better off. So I have the cash. I told my present wife to diversify because the 2008 crash did not result in a correction. Instead, a Ponzi stock market took its place. This economic shock will likely do the correction which will really be bad because it is so overdue.

The arrogance and the excesses of the West have contributed to the disaster that is just in the initial phases. If we all wore space suits the virus would die out. We won't and cannot, so it will continue to circulate. The world will not recognize the dangers of electro-smog until it is too late (once again).

Extensive preparation, and doing things that my wife trusted I knew about. Let me hear the stories of how seriously anyone here took the warnings of scientists?

PartSkeptic 11th April 2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13052354)
Birth control, driven by the education of women. The fertility rate has already dropped in developed countries (in many cases to below the replacement rate), and increasing education and empowerment of women in the rest will soon do the same there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...owth#Fertility

The consequences are inevitable:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...ulation_growth

The current pandemic will hardly make a dent in these figures. Climate change might make a bigger one, though.

Fertility rate due to education is not only too slow, it has no effect on the poor countries. By the time climate change slows the birth rate it is already too late.

Sperm counts are decreasing (probably due in large part to electrosmog) but once more too slow.

If there is a God, what would he do to limit the population growth more quickly than current limiting factors but much more quickly? A series of bad pandemics, many resulting from electrosmog. Economic collapse will assist. Only a serious collapse will result in drastic societal change similar to the societal changes brought about by the Black Plague.

PartSkeptic 11th April 2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon (Post 13051377)

You haven't changed, have you? Still making assumptions that are false in order to discrete and smear posters whose views you disagree with.:boggled:

Pixel42 11th April 2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13053189)
If there is a God, what would he do to limit the population growth more quickly than current limiting factors but much more quickly?

Smite almost everyone with thunderbolts? Another world-wide flood? Or just miraculously render 80% of people sterile, that would probably be the most merciful way to do it.

ETA: asteroid strike! Of course!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13053193)
You haven't changed, have you? Still making assumptions that are false in order to discrete and smear posters whose views you disagree with.:boggled:

So if the death rate is much less than you're predicting you will be delighted, and will come back here and say how glad you are to have been proven wrong about how God talks to you etc? I look forward to it.

Mader Levap 12th April 2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

If God exists and if God communicated with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13051285)
I do not claim to have a 100% hit rate, especially on public forums.

Um, if someone gets their information straight from God, shouldn't they have 100% hit rate?

Steve 12th April 2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mader Levap (Post 13053737)
Um, if someone gets their information straight from God, shouldn't they have 100% hit rate?

Even gods don’t know everything!

PartSkeptic 12th April 2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13053201)
Smite almost everyone with thunderbolts? Another world-wide flood? Or just miraculously render 80% of people sterile, that would probably be the most merciful way to do it.

ETA: asteroid strike! Of course!

So if the death rate is much less than you're predicting you will be delighted, and will come back here and say how glad you are to have been proven wrong about how God talks to you etc? I look forward to it.

I do not need ego boosts. Being right or wrong does not change who I am or affect my self-worth. If I am wrong, I am wrong - but there were reasons for me wrong. Same as when I am right.

You are right that 80% sterilization would be a miracle and hence proof of God which is not allowed. Asteroid and other disasters would not affect the social fabric in the required way. A pandemic is often seen as God's vengeance, and I wonder if it is not a punishment of sorts for arrogance and greed and straying. BTW - I took punishment as a natural normal growing up process as long as it was not abuse.

Last night wife asked me how bad it is going to get, and how much the world will change. I realized she never really believed me when I said it would be really bad and the world would change. She is regretting not taking my advice a year ago to sell her factory and take what she considered a low offer. I did not want to push her in case I was wrong in the timing. And I see from others I have chatted to that they do not think that God spoke to me and that I have made a valid prediction.

People have become complacent and used to the ability of man and science to solve all problems. When the die-off starts really biting, people will still think that the worst is over. How bad does it have to get before you and other people on this forum say "Gee. He may have been right."

You will know we are at the end of the disaster when people get much more spiritual and religious without being cultist or extreme. When people have a calm sense of acceptance of their place in the universe. Whe there rich elite are gone, and replaced with a kinder gentler leadership.

PartSkeptic 12th April 2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

I only get some information, and in a very indirect and weak manner. I cannot be sure. And some information is distorted by my own ego and personality. It is sometimes hard to tell the difference. There is enough to be able to act upon.

Pixel42 12th April 2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054114)
How bad does it have to get before you and other people on this forum say "Gee. He may have been right."

The problem is that predicting a pandemic simply isn't that impressive, especially when the prediction doesn't include specific details like the date and nature of the pandemic. It was bound to happen eventually.

[To answer your earlier question of what I did to prepare for it, knowing that it was bound to happen eventually, the answer is nothing. I'm sitting here with a fully stocked larder and freezer, waiting it out, having had no difficulty buying everything I need. How did all the preparations you did make your situation now better than mine? The only thing I might have done in addition is move the quarter of my savings that are in the stock market into cash, which I seriously considered in February but eventually decided against. I knew the value would drop in the short term but it's money I'm unlikely to need for at least 10 years, and I'm gambling its value will recover by then to more than if I'd reinvested it at the currently very low interest rates].

Even if you turn out to be right about the eventual death toll of 40% of the population in the next five years (I'm quoting that from memory so correct me if I'm wrong), that would still only raise your overall hit rate from unimpressive to moderately impressive. It would take much more than that to convince me you're receiving information from God.

Cosmic Yak 13th April 2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054114)
You are right that 80% sterilization would be a miracle and hence proof of God which is not allowed.

Well, that's mighty convenient, isn't it? :rolleyes:

PartSkeptic 13th April 2020 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak (Post 13054243)
Well, that's mighty convenient, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Surely you have figured that "rule" out by now by yourself.

If you do not like it, you can complain to God, but I do not think he will make an allowance for you. Perhaps he would give you personal proof and then have you deal with the frustration of dealing with others who want better proof. But God is not petty and vengeful for no good reason.

PartSkeptic 13th April 2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser (Post 13054124)
Interesting, I've got a degree in genetics and all the problems you mentioned are also present in using UV radiation and/or radioactivity to alter cells, but those methods are functional and extremely tried and tested.
In fact I've used them routinely when I still worked in that field.
Yet here you claim that for microwaves this suddenly becomes an obstacle.

The real reason that it's an obstacle is of course that microwaves cannot alter cells except by cooking them if you truly overdo the energy you put in, but as others have pointed out, sunlight contains more energy than all 'electrosmog' combined.

As per usual with all pseudoscience, it's proponents refuse to look at the implications of their ideas and make up things when challenged.
If the idea would be right, going outside would be suicide, but then again, so would staying inside due to the radiowaves of the sun. And all those who worked on early radar would have been dead in seconds.

As for your other handwave, if your god cannot save this world by interacting with it due to 'rules', then clearly it's also not talking to you, as that would break the rules, and also not responsible for this particular virus, as that would also break the rules. You can't have it both ways.

The "science" shows that ROS is generated by cell phone microwaves. ROS does the damage, even doing as much as 80% of the damage when ionizing radiation is involved. It is standard science and logic - but feel free to cherry pick your those papers and studies that suit your beliefs. You are appealing to authority when you cite your credentials, but even brilliant people can be blind to what they could not be bothered to see.

The rules are against scientific proof. He can talk to me (or you or others) and give us information which hint at his existence. A statistical study would show that the existence of God is probable since it is the only theory that explains a number of psychic events which are otherwise unexplainable.

The reason for God talking to me, not only about the die-off but about further information about how it all works, is so that humankind can learn and make further advances. Both science and religion have advanced by the discoveries of individuals which then stand the test of time and logic.

Pixel42 13th April 2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054248)
Surely you have figured that "rule" out by now by yourself.

If you do not like it, you can complain to God, but I do not think he will make an allowance for you. Perhaps he would give you personal proof and then have you deal with the frustration of dealing with others who want better proof. But God is not petty and vengeful for no good reason.

Or we could dismiss what you're saying as nonsense, carry on living our lives on that assumption, and see what difference it makes in the long run.

PartSkeptic 13th April 2020 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak (Post 13054250)
PartSkeptic, we're all in this together, and I sincerely wish you all the best, but you really should look at the overall implications of your posts.

Now that is what God wants. :) That we are compassionate and that we all pull together.

I am not sure what you feel the implications are - so please spell it out for me. There are different ways of being smart and different criteria for being the fittest.

The smart ones will recognize the damage that electro-smog does, recognize that prayer works, reconize that my hypothesis is a good one. Street smarts often can be the best smarts.

Fittest means fit for purpose - and that to me means being spiritual and asking God humbly for help. Not genetically superior although that would help, and not able-bodied either for the same reasons.

PartSkeptic 13th April 2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13054259)
Or we could dismiss what you're saying as nonsense, carry on living our lives on that assumption, and see what difference it makes in the long run.

My "long run" includes my soul in the after-life, and the many reincarnations. If you wish to limit yourself to the end of your physical life then you may be right. You may also be one of the souls selected for termination so that it truly is the end for you. Philosophically nothing matters if you choose to believe nothing matters.

Except you might do better to make a change and get some belief. You have free will and I do not believe in a deterministic universe. And the problem is that you cannot compare your choice of path with a different choice. Perhaps in hindsight you may have regrets if you live a long life.

PartSkeptic 13th April 2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedStapler (Post 13054269)
No, that's what we call "gullible".

Redefinition of concepts can convince many a participant that they won the debate. I could be wrong. Time will tell. But a wrong choice could be fatal. ;)

Pixel42 13th April 2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054268)
My "long run" includes my soul in the after-life, and the many reincarnations. If you wish to limit yourself to the end of your physical life then you may be right. You may also be one of the souls selected for termination so that it truly is the end for you.

I've just whiled away the last few minutes inventing the following scenario:

In the far distance future humanity's descendants have advanced to the point that they can retrieve minds from the distant past and create virtually immortal bodies for them. They can pick and choose the individuals they want to join them, and decide that the irrational - those who chose to remain wilfully ignorant - are so unlike them, and will have so much trouble adjusting to their world, that they are best not reincarnated. So anyone who chose to believe any kind of woo (and of course anyone who voted for Trump or Brexit) doesn't get an afterlife.

Hey, that was fun.

And of course I have just as much reason to believe my scenario as you do to believe yours, i.e. none whatever.

RedStapler 13th April 2020 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054284)
Redefinition of concepts can convince many a participant that they won the debate. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

You need to look up the definition of "debate" because your claims without evidence are certainly not a debate. And yes you are wrong, your past posts clearly prove it. You changed your predictions at least 2 times. Here is a link where you vaguely "predicted" a pandemic for 2016 :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054284)
But a wrong choice could be fatal. ;)

Please stop with this vague nonsense. Don't make others ask for clarification when you could have easily explained what you mean by this.

Mader Levap 13th April 2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054115)
I only get some information, and in a very indirect and weak manner. I cannot be sure. And some information is distorted by my own ego and personality. It is sometimes hard to tell the difference. There is enough to be able to act upon.

I am afraid in these circumstances "I get information from God, but it is crap" is indistinguishable from "my mind makes it up". I hope you understand that majority of people will go with latter.

Hans 13th April 2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

That would depend on WHICH God it was wouldn't it? If it was Huēhuecoyōtl the information might not be reliable...

Hans 13th April 2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13054289)
I've just whiled away the last few minutes inventing the following scenario:

In the far distance future humanity's descendants have advanced to the point that they can retrieve minds from the distant past and create virtually immortal bodies for them. They can pick and choose the individuals they want to join them, and decide that the irrational - those who chose to remain wilfully ignorant - are so unlike them, and will have so much trouble adjusting to their world, that they are best not reincarnated. So anyone who chose to believe any kind of woo (and of course anyone who voted for Trump or Brexit) doesn't get an afterlife.

Hey, that was fun.

And of course I have just as much reason to believe my scenario as you do to believe yours, i.e. none whatever.

I like it, shall we call it Pixelism? Or High Pixel?

Lithrael 13th April 2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic (Post 13054248)
If you do not like it, you can complain to God, but I do not think he will make an allowance for you. Perhaps he would give you personal proof and then have you deal with the frustration of dealing with others who want better proof.

Why should I be frustrated with others who want better proof, if I needed better proof myself and so completely understand and sympathize with their position?