International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Social Issues & Current Events (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Rape victim to pay child support to her rapist (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359636)

shuttlt 2nd August 2022 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plague311 (Post 13868791)
No way? LoL. The cops that didn't do anything with it for 7 years, and then admitted they dropped the ball didn't have, or admit to having, records of her calling in to follow-up on her case?

I know I'm shocked.

It was in one of the first news reports that was linked in the thread. No, I'm not going to go find it. Just google it. She said she called multiple times but received no reply. That's it. That's pretty much the quote. You won't believe it, and I don't care that you don't. It's fine.

OK. Lots of the discussion in the thread was about her not having followed up and this wasn't mentioned then. This seems like a genuinely interesting fact.

plague311 2nd August 2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttlt (Post 13868799)
OK. Lots of the discussion in the thread was about her not having followed up and this wasn't mentioned then. This seems like a genuinely interesting fact.

Yes, it was.

Skeptical Greg 2nd August 2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionking (Post 13868441)
Well I must have been reading the wrong thread. Where is the evidence that Crysta is not a good parent?

Do we relly need to go over all that again, you know, stuff like taking the child to see her not father in prison?

lionking 2nd August 2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg (Post 13869046)
Do we relly need to go over all that again, you know, stuff like taking the child to see her not father in prison?

What? Visiting someone in prison is bad motherhood?

But keep them coming. The laughs are good.

Skeptical Greg 2nd August 2022 01:20 PM

keep the straw coming...

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg (Post 13869053)
keep the straw coming...

Before you use the term, make sure you know what it means.

Literally nothing that lionking has argued here is a strawman or anything like it

Warp12 2nd August 2022 01:37 PM

Is anyone here stupid enough to actually think she aggressively pursued this claim of rape? Like, for 7 years?

I'd like to think not.

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttlt (Post 13868799)

On what? The rape or the police report she filed?

On the rape itself, she was not aware there was a 30 year time period during which she was allowed to report it. She was under the impression (as many, many women are) that if she didn't report it within a day or two, it was too late... and certainly, by the time she realised she was pregnant to the rapist, she thought it was way too late.

On her report to police, she tried to follow up on that many times, but to no avail. The Police either didn't reply or just ignored her. The police chief admitted as much. It was only when it became public through the **** decision of that judge that the Police were knocked off their fat donuts and did something about it.

The "lots of the discussion in the thread" was about the former, not the latter.

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13869062)
Is anyone here stupid enough to actually think she aggressively pursued this claim of rape? Like, for 7 years?

I'd like to think not.

No victim should EVER have to follow up with Police... the ******* Police should be doing their ******* jobs!!!

Skeptical Greg 2nd August 2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13869058)
Before you use the term, make sure you know what it means.

Literally nothing that lionking has argued here is a strawman or anything like it

I did not argue that visiting someone in prison was bad motherhood..

I was just thinking that taking a child to prison to visit someone she had been told by her mother was her father, when mother knew he was not, might not be so good.

Besides, even if he was her father, why would that be an example of good parenting?

Warp12 2nd August 2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13869070)
No victim should EVER have to follow up with Police... the ******* Police should be doing their ******* jobs!!!

All we need to do now is find a true victim besides Barnes and the fake father.

Warp12 2nd August 2022 01:54 PM

Oh, and the daughter seems a victim...of the mother's lies.

Everyone surrounding this evil, lying wench seems to suffer in some way. I know this sounds insensitive, but she is the cause of most of this nightmare.

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13869074)
All we need to do now is find a true victim besides Barnes and the fake father.

Only in the mind of a misogynist is the rapist a victim and the raped child the perp. Your moral compass is so ****** up I'm surprised you are able to find your way out of the basement.

bruto 2nd August 2022 11:08 PM

That seems to be the flaw here. True enough there's some doubt about how bad the mother is, but even if she is bad, it does not make the child-raping father better. Even if she's all sorts of nasty, it does not make him a victim.

Warp12 2nd August 2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13869363)
That seems to be the flaw here. True enough there's some doubt about how bad the mother is, but even if she is bad, it does not make the child-raping father better. Even if she's all sorts of nasty, it does not make him a victim.

As best I can tell, the father didn't "rape" anyone.

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13869370)

He raped Crysta Abelseth - that is a bona fide, confirmed, irrefutable fact that even the rapist has admitted to it.

Warp12 2nd August 2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13869371)
He raped Crysta Abelseth - that is a bona fide, confirmed, irrefutable fact that even the rapist has admitted to it.

Let it go, my man. Not only did she willingly lie herself into getting him all up in her britches, but this brief romance would have been 110% legal in your very own country. No "rape".

So, the faux outrage is laughable.

smartcooky 2nd August 2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13869372)
Let it go, my man. Not only did she willingly lie herself into getting him all up in her britches, but this brief romance would have been 110% legal in your very own country. No "rape".

So, the faux outrage is laughable.

FACT: He was 30 years old
FACT: She was 16 years old
FACT: He ****** her when she was a minor
FACT: A 16 year old cannot legally consent to sex with a 30 year old
FACT: "She looked over 17" is not a legal defence
FACT: "She lied about her age" is not a legal defence
FACT: "She had a fake ID" is not a legal defence
FACT: Whatever fancy name the Louisiana statutes call it, this was statutory rape - end of, no wiggle room
FACT: No matter how much prezel twisting and bull-**** you make up, Barnes raped Crysta Abseleth. End Of Story!

Oh, and just to be clear, I am opposed to the legal age in "my country" being 16. It should be 18 IMO, so the outrage is real, not faux.

lionking 3rd August 2022 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13869370)

Why do you keep lying about this? It was rape by definition and your scare quotes change nothing.

Darat 3rd August 2022 03:12 AM

Mod WarningFew posts moved to AAH. Keep to the topic of this thread which is not AOC in other countries nor each other.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:Darat

Warp12 3rd August 2022 04:22 AM

So, basically this lying woman has brought misery to all of those around her. Including multiple men, and even her own daughter.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edit for rule 11, also against direct instructions in a mod box.
And the judge also confirmed she is a POS liar.

casebro 3rd August 2022 05:32 AM

Without a vaginal sample of semen, it is her word that a rape happened, even 30 years ago. She waited too long to supply a sample. No wonder the cops did not follow up. They need evidence.

lionking 3rd August 2022 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casebro (Post 13869543)
Without a vaginal sample of semen, it is her word that a rape happened, even 30 years ago. She waited too long to supply a sample. No wonder the cops did not follow up. They need evidence.

What? Have you even been following this thread? She was impregnated by Barnes when she was under aged. This is beyond dispute.

Rape apology and police corruption apology. Well done.

plague311 3rd August 2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg (Post 13869072)
I did not argue that visiting someone in prison was bad motherhood..

I was just thinking that taking a child to prison to visit someone she had been told by her mother was her father, when mother knew he was not, might not be so good.

Besides, even if he was her father, why would that be an example of good parenting?

I'm sure you have evidence of the hilited, right? Just kidding, you don't. You're full of **** and it's hilarious.

Per Warp12's quote from the judge's statement:

Quote:

That man, according to the judge, was believed to be the biological father by Ms Abelseth
Are you saying this isn't true? You and Warp12 really seem to have issues in deciding what you're going to believe. Warp12 is using it as evidence to support his statements, are you contesting that? Are you now saying Warp12 is wrong in his assessment? You know what's factual then? I'll wait, take your time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionking (Post 13869549)
What? Have you even been following this thread? She was impregnated by Barnes when she was under aged. This is beyond dispute.

Rape apology and police corruption apology. Well done.

Not only that, but when it comes to the daughter, they did a full rape kit. It's, somehow, nowhere to be found! Crazy, that, isn't it?

So even if they had done the rape kit on Crysta in real-time, found semen, the chances that it would have been processed and used are close to nil.