International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Qanon Conspiracy theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327121)

eerok 6th March 2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13011815)
Regarding google, Zack Vorhies would surely beg to differ with the chorus here.

"Google’s Snowden", Vorhies reveals the secret political google.

He was a google exec for 8.5 yrs.

https://youtu.be/msXkupMrkZw

Google is not obligated to give you the search results you want. Your precious YouTube is provided by Google in any case.

Anything else I can help you with?

Bubba 6th March 2020 10:03 AM

Thank goodness we can still shield ourselves from pesky truths by attacking messengers.

Bubba 6th March 2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13011989)
Google is not obligated to give you the search results you want. Your precious YouTube is provided by Google in any case.

YouTube is far from precious because it now silences voices google dislikes. Were you aware, you would agree

Quote:

Anything else I can help you with?

Sure

When did you first hear of Vorhies' assertions and what is your assessment ?

Elagabalus 6th March 2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13007608)
One morning, back in the day, all the search engines #1 result for 'Charlie Sheen' was what Sheen said the night before:

Quote:

Winning!

....all but one search engine, that is. Google's top result for Charlie Sheen that morning, and for a few days, was simply the usual:

Quote:

Still Winning!

FTFY

eerok 6th March 2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13012058)
YouTube is far from precious because it now silences voices google dislikes. Were you aware, you would agree

So you've got bitchute. (Though you're still linking to YouTube.) I don't really care what Google does as long as I can use other search engines and block their trackers. I also don't trust your obviously biased sources.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13012058)
When did you first hear of Vorhies' assertions and what is your assessment ?

He's been making wild claims for years. Remember when Google purportedly deleted the Arabic term "covfefe" from Google Translate? Yeah, because Trump regularly tweets in Arabic. O'Keefe and Vorhies are both idiots, and I don't care what they say.

Bubba 6th March 2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13012166)
So you've got bitchute. (Though you're still linking to YouTube.) I don't really care what Google does as long as I can use other search engines and block their trackers. I also don't trust your obviously biased sources.

He's been making wild claims for years. Remember when Google purportedly deleted the Arabic term "covfefe" from Google Translate? Yeah, because Trump regularly tweets in Arabic. O'Keefe and Vorhies are both idiots, and I don't care what they say.

Rather than pointing out that your highlighted remark is to me a way of avoiding the issue......

When;
(a) an investigative reporter or an (undercover videographer) records some Senator or campaign manager, or high bureaucrat exposing themselves or their organization by revealing some whatever, opposite of what they'd say publicly about an issue or policy. ie other words, 'caught in a lie'.

and, when, after seeing said report or expose, an esteemed internet poster

(b)
Calls the reporter an idiot or attacks his background...

My question being... is there a special new internet term for that tactic, or is the old 'shooting the messenger' still the only term we have.?

Quote:

I also don't trust your obviously biased sources.

How is the messenger a source when the words come out of the horse's mouth without editing?

Two come to mind;

* A State Dept manager got fired after bragging on camera about "..intentionally F***ing things up all day long, to sabotage the administration."

* NPR exec Schiller wound up resigning, Resignation from NPR, for which I will trust wikipedia to explain

In March 2011, Vivian Schiller resigned as president and chief executive of National Public Radio amid controversy surrounding the former NPR fundraising executive Ronald Schiller, who is not related to Vivian Schiller.[19][20][21] Ronald Schiller has been secretly taped in a sting operation, where during a private conversation with two men posing as potential donors, he derided the "tea party" movement as a collection of "gun-toting" racists and "fundamentalist Christians" who have "hijacked" the Republican Party. Vivian Schiller's departure was, in part, an attempt to show congressional budget-cutters that NPR could hold itself accountable.[22]

Dave Edwards, then Chair of the NPR Board of Directors, sent the following message to the NPR staff regarding the resignation: "It is with deep regret that I tell you that the NPR Board of Directors has accepted the resignation of Vivian Schiller as President and CEO of NPR, effective immediately. The Board accepted her resignation with understanding, genuine regret, and great respect for her leadership of NPR these past two years."[23] She was succeeded on an interim basis by Joyce Slocum, the senior vice president of Legal Affairs and General Counsel

Quote:

I don't really care what Google does

What do you care about?

eerok 6th March 2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13012322)
[...] My question being... is there a special new internet term for that tactic, or is the old 'shooting the messenger' still the only term we have.?

O'Keefe has been shown repeatedly to be a propagandist and liar. It's called "having no credibility." Why should I believe anything he says? Why should I believe his videos are unedited when he's been caught fabricating evidence and committing outright fraud? I'm justified in calling him an idiot because he continuously does idiotic things. He's not "the messenger", he's a creator of disinformation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13012322)
What do you care about?

I care about a quality of thinking higher than what's commonly exhibited by paranoid conspiracists and cheap political hacks.

carlitos 6th March 2020 02:40 PM

James O'Keefe is a joke.

When an "investigative videographer" tries to frame a CNN reporter by attempting to lure her to a yacht full of dildos, or when he breaks into the Senate Office building wearing a telephone repairman outfit, anything else that "esteemed reporter" does is quite suspect at this point.

kookbreaker 6th March 2020 09:10 PM

Don’t forget his absolutely clumsy attempt to “prove” the Washington Post was out to get poor Roy Moore with fake news by planting a fake victim and not realizing Fact Checking is a real thing among real journalists.

Bubba 7th March 2020 11:37 AM

from Judicial Watch:

Quote:

We’ve been in court for years over Hillary Clinton’s emails — as you know, we are persistent for justice.

The great news is that U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth has granted our request to depose the former secretary of state about her emails and Benghazi attack documents. The court also ordered the deposition of Clinton’s former Chief of Staff, Cheryl Mills, and two other State Department officials.

Additionally, the court granted our request to subpoena Google for relevant documents and records associated with Clinton’s emails during her tenure at the State Department.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/

eerok 7th March 2020 12:17 PM

Emails and Benghazi again. What's that definition of insanity?

I'm watching a documentary on Imelda Marcos, and I like this quote: "Guns can only kill you to the grave." I don't doubt that some will still be barking about Hillary long after she's gone.

Pope130 7th March 2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13012987)
Emails and Benghazi again. What's that definition of insanity?

I'm watching a documentary on Imelda Marcos, and I like this quote: "Guns can only kill you to the grave." I don't doubt that some will still be barking about Hillary long after she's gone.

I have no doubt this is true. I still see people going on about the Lincoln assassination conspiracy and FDR letting Pearl Harbor happen.

Bubba 7th March 2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13012987)
Emails and Benghazi again.

What's that definition of insanity?

Whats included in your definition of 'again' ?

Would your 'again' cover this bit below ?

Quote:

The ruling comes in Judicial Watch’s lawsuit that seeks records concerning “talking points or updates on the Benghazi attack” (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01242)). Judicial Watch famously uncovered in 2014 that the “talking points” that provided the basis for Susan Rice’s false statements were created by the Obama White House. This Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit led directly to the disclosure of the Clinton email system in 2015.

In December 2018, Judge Lamberth first ordered discovery into whether Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server was intended to stymie FOIA; whether the State Department’s intent to settle this case in late 2014 and early 2015 amounted to bad faith; and whether the State Department has adequately searched for records responsive to Judicial Watch’s request. The court also authorized discovery into whether the Benghazi controversy motivated the cover-up of Clinton’s email. The court ruled that the Clinton email system was “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.” The State and Justice Departments continued to defend Clinton’s and the agency’s email conduct.

Judge Lamberth today overruled Clinton’s and the State and Justice Department’s objections to limited additional discovery by first noting:

Discovery up until this point has brought to light a noteworthy amount of relevant information, but Judicial Watch requests an additional round of discovery, and understandably so. With each passing round of discovery, the Court is left with more questions than answers.

Additionally, Judge Lamberth said that he is troubled by the fact that both the State Department and Department of Justice want to close discovery in this case:

There is still more to learn. Even though many important questions remain unanswered, the Justice Department inexplicably still takes the position that the Court should close discovery and rule on dispositive motions. The Court is especially troubled by this. To argue that the Court now has enough information to determine whether State conducted an adequate search is preposterous, especially when considering State’s deficient representations regarding the existence of additional Clinton emails. Instead, the Court will authorize a new round of discovery

With respect to Clinton, the court found that her prior testimony, mostly through written sworn answers, was not sufficient:

The Court has considered the numerous times in which Secretary Clinton said she could not recall or remember certain details in her prior interrogatory answers. In a deposition, it is more likely that plaintiff’s counsel could use documents and other testimony to attempt to refresh her recollection. And so, to avoid the unsatisfying and inefficient outcome of multiple rounds of fruitless interrogatories and move this almost six-year-old case closer to its conclusion, Judicial Watch will be permitted to clarify and further explore Secretary Clinton’s answers in person and immediately after she gives them. The Court agrees with Judicial Watch – it is time to hear directly from Secretary Clinton.

“Judicial Watch uncovered the Clinton email scandal and we’re pleased that the court authorized us to depose Mrs. Clinton directly on her email conduct and how it impacted the people’s ‘right to know’ under FOIA,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...ttack-records/

eerok 7th March 2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13013061)

Weren't there already eleven official GOP Hillary Benghazi investigations? I can't remember how many official GOP Hillary email investigations there were, but I do know that no intentional wrongdoing was found.

You really need to own the fact that the GOP is the party of character assassination. The worse thing Hillary actually ever did was to be boring and lack charisma.

If you want lawsuits with actual evidence, wait until Trump waddles his fat orange ass out of the White House.

ETA: Maybe we can get back to discussing the Qanon circus? Or perhaps this all just a big blur for you.

eerok 7th March 2020 04:50 PM

For context:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/

There must come a point where we just say no to politically motivated BS.

Axxman300 7th March 2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Would your 'again' cover this bit below ?

https://media.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.gif

There have been 10 investigations, 12 books, and 1 movie.

In the end the facts are these:

1- Ambassador Stevens ignored the standard September 11 travel warnings and left the Embassy in Tripoli to attend meetings in Benghazi where he would stay at the Embassy Annex. The annex was under-guarded and easily overrun.

2 - Due to Sequestration the DoD and DoS didn't have the money to add US Marine security forces in Libya.

3 - The Obama Administration's NSC decided to lie about the attack by claiming it was in response to a YouTube video and not a strike by an Al Qaeda (loosely) affiliated militia.

That's all she wrote.

abaddon 9th March 2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

<snip gibberish>

I assume by now you are drinking bleach to avoid corona virus as recommended by Q, right?

eerok 9th March 2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon (Post 13014659)
I assume by now you are drinking bleach to avoid corona virus as recommended by Q, right?

I hope no one is drinking bleach. I have a taste for cheap scotch, though.

abaddon 9th March 2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13014730)

Drinking bleach will kill you in short order.

Deinking scotch will also kill you eventually, if one drinks enough in a short enough time.

But nobody is proposing scotch as a solution to corona. Except Trump fans. Who are proposing drinking bleach.

It makes one wonder about the reality of natural selection and even Darwin awards.

eerok 9th March 2020 03:49 PM

In short, bleach is a poison. Don't drink it.

kookbreaker 9th March 2020 05:23 PM

I got me some friends and we all drink bleach!
You know we all practice what we preach!

Bubba 9th March 2020 08:06 PM

Seen in email
Probably from that internet.

My astrologer said only share it with my best friends.

Quote:

I told you many times Trump has his own PRIVATE INTELLIGENCE SERVICE.

They spy on him, he spies on them.

What did you think was going to happen?

They've only NOW figured out while they spent the past 4 years trying to take Trump out with RussiaGate, then impeachment over the Ukraine hoax, he was sending SPIES to infiltrate their organizations and map out the corruption from the ground up.

They didn't lay a glove on him.

These spies sent to infiltrate these corrupt Democratic political and media organizations were PROFESSIONALS. These were not amateurs, they are among the best.

More to come.

Thank goodness we all know that he and his crew are not smart enough to think of doing that.

The Great Zaganza 9th March 2020 09:09 PM

Annoyingly, the human body can take a a scary amount of bleach. That is why this particular hoax cure has been around for so long.

Horatius 10th March 2020 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13014806)
In short, bleach is a poison. Don't drink it.

You don't control me! I do waht Ah Want!

carlitos 10th March 2020 06:14 AM

As always, the poor writing of the conspiracy people shows through. That paragraph reads like Trump's own "PRIVATE INTELLIGENCE SERVICE" is spying on him and he spies on them. Which, in this administration, is probably close to the truth. I think that the paranoid people are so used to "them" being the evildoers, that they forget how normal people have no idea how to interpret this vague nonsense.

Horatius 10th March 2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13015266)
As always, the poor writing of the conspiracy people shows through. That paragraph reads like Trump's own "PRIVATE INTELLIGENCE SERVICE" is spying on him and he spies on them. Which, in this administration, is probably close to the truth. I think that the paranoid people are so used to "them" being the evildoers, that they forget how normal people have no idea how to interpret this vague nonsense.

And it's particularly amusing that they should bring this up, because people in the pro-Trump world have actually tried to create their own "private intelligence services", but ran into some small problems:

Quote:

Erik Prince Recruits Ex-Spies to Help Infiltrate Liberal Groups

Mr. Prince, a contractor close to the Trump administration, contacted veteran spies for operations by Project Veritas, the conservative group known for conducting stings on news organizations and other groups.

Mr. Prince appears to have become interested in using former spies to train Project Veritas operatives in espionage tactics sometime during the 2016 presidential campaign. Reaching out to several intelligence veterans — and occasionally using Mr. Seddon to make the pitch — Mr. Prince said he wanted the Project Veritas employees to learn skills like how to recruit sources and how to conduct clandestine recordings, among other surveillance techniques.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/u...t-veritas.html

But things didn't always go smoothly:

Quote:

It is unclear if Trump's support of Project Veritas spurred Prince's interest in the group, but in late 2015 or early 2016, Prince arranged for O'Keefe and Project Veritas to receive training in intelligence and elicitation techniques from a retired military intelligence operative named Euripides Rubio Jr. According to a former Trump White House official who discussed the Veritas training with Rubio, the former special operative quit after several weeks of training, complaining that the Veritas group wasn't capable of learning. Rubio did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...iltrate-groups

carlitos 10th March 2020 07:28 AM

Not capable of learning, and O'Keefe was definitely not capable of keeping their training a secret.

https://i.imgur.com/JfweZKN.jpg

Erik Prince is truly a horrible person.

eerok 10th March 2020 08:05 AM

O'Keefe and Prince could certainly use some intelligence.

Horatius 10th March 2020 10:32 AM

It's worth noting that in both the "operations" discussed in that link, their "trained operatives" were caught and fired. By people with no intelligence training at all.

Let that sink in.

Axxman300 10th March 2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13015333)
Not capable of learning, and O'Keefe was definitely not capable of keeping their training a secret.

https://i.imgur.com/JfweZKN.jpg

Erik Prince is truly a horrible person.

So I'm clear, the Deep State is evil. But Prince can use former Deep State actors to form his own private black-ops entity, one without civilian oversight, and that's cool?

Okay.:rolleyes:

StillSleepy 10th March 2020 11:47 AM

Impossible, there's no way anyone would have suspected a cardboard box skulking about in a liberal group's super secret evil lair!

abaddon 10th March 2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13014730)

So would I so hope. Nevertheless, the Q crew is advocating for bleach as an antidote for covid. I want to know how dedicated Bubba is to his supposed "cause".

Does he swallow (haha) all of it? Some of it? Or none of it?

Nobody can tell for sure, unless one asks the question. So I asked the question.

So far, bubba has ignored it. I wonder why that is?

sts60 12th March 2020 08:35 AM

It’s still amazing, but somehow no longer surprising, that the Q crowd mistakes the incompetent dolt who last night fumbled his way through 10 minutes of televised pointlessness and self-congratulation for some sort of heroic leader.

Well, they’re all good with the treason, bigotry, and corruption; it‘s consistent that they’re happy with the incompetence as well. The problem is that this particular brand of stupidity will get Americans killed.

turingtest 12th March 2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sts60 (Post 13017782)
It’s still amazing, but somehow no longer surprising, that the Q crowd mistakes the incompetent dolt who last night fumbled his way through 10 minutes of televised pointlessness and self-congratulation for some sort of heroic leader.

Well, they’re all good with the treason, bigotry, and corruption; it‘s consistent that they’re happy with the incompetence as well. The problem is that this particular brand of stupidity will get Americans killed.

Not to mention "error riddled" on some pretty basic points- the White House had to "clarify" some mistakes that I guess actually fall under the heading of "incompetence"-

No, the travel ban does not affect trade goods.

No, not "all travel" is banned- citizens, legal permanent residents, and their families are not affected (which seems to make it kind of pointless, unless American citizenship/residence confers some sort of immunity).

No, insurance companies are not waiving co-pays on coronavirus treatment, only on the testing for it.

All in all, a good example of the idea I once saw expressed (here on this forum, I think)- it's amazing that a man who was elected at least in part on the basis that he's the guy who will tell it like it really is needs all these people to so constantly tell us what it is he really meant. But then, that sort of "clarity" is a CTist's meat and drink.

SuburbanTurkey 12th March 2020 10:06 AM

Jordan Sather, prominent QAnon personality, goes mask-off as an open anti-semite.

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Sather_/s...12664451383296

Quote:

What is the real virus plaguing our world?

(((Them)))
Another conspiracy theory that seems to lead to anti-semitism and far-right ideology .

carlitos 12th March 2020 10:14 AM

Some of the comments on there are pretty far out. I hadn't read much of the Q people in their natural habitat.

Kim
@Kim20327301
Replying to
@Jordan_Sather_

And it’s called ‘corona’. defintion: a crown or crown like structure. Would that be an elite symbol? Who’s the virus?

SuburbanTurkey 12th March 2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 13017920)
Some of the comments on there are pretty far out. I hadn't read much of the Q people in their natural habitat.

Kim
@Kim20327301
Replying to
@Jordan_Sather_

And it’s called ‘corona’. defintion: a crown or crown like structure. Would that be an elite symbol? Who’s the virus?

The original thrust of the Q conspiracy is long now lost. Anyone who had any shred of sanity has given up on this thing, so now the only people left are the extreme cranks. It's chock full of numerology and symbol weirdos now.

Horatius 12th March 2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey (Post 13017937)
The original thrust of the Q conspiracy is long now lost. Anyone who had any shred of sanity has given up on this thing, so now the only people left are the extreme cranks. It's chock full of numerology and symbol weirdos now.

So just like every other CT out there, then?

SuburbanTurkey 12th March 2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13017983)
So just like every other CT out there, then?

Pretty much.

It's remarkable the tone shift the Q conspiracy has gone through.

The initial Q conspiracy was kooky, but fairly simple and easy to understand. Someone with secret inside intelligence was leaking that HRC and other elites were about to be arrested in a huge sweep of evil pedophiles.

We've gone way past that fairly simple (but still nutty) narrative. You got secretly alive Kennedy's, weird predictions, numerology and other tea-leaves reading. It's pretty fun, if you can distance yourself from the fact that lots people in this country secretly want to execute their political rivals in a military tribunal.

Bubba 12th March 2020 12:18 PM

Selective editing,

then Retraction #311,

N Y Times