International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

Mikemcc 15th September 2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13223853)
The standing President of the United States just called a political rival a pedophile and not only will absolutely nothing come of it it's not surprising or shocking.

Wow! From a man with a habit of walking into beauty constestants dressing rooms...

Stacyhs 15th September 2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13223853)
The standing President of the United States just called a political rival a pedophile and not only will absolutely nothing come of it it's not surprising or shocking.

Oh, it's shocking, just not surprising.

wasapi 15th September 2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13224340)
Okay, for full disclosure, I found out today that three of my cousins and their families lost their homes in Oregon. One of those cousins had the home of a favorite aunt and uncle (uncle now deceased thankfully), a farm where I spent large parts of my summer as a child.

Craig, I am so sorry. There is a farm in Texas that I am also attached to because of childhood memories. It is a type of loss, I believe. I hope you have photos.

Jim_MDP 15th September 2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikemcc (Post 13224344)
Wow! From a man with a habit of walking into beauty constestants dressing rooms...

Now now... don't paint with TOO broad a brush.
Of his pageants, it's not his Miss America contest but rather his Miss Teen America pageant that it is claimed he "peeked" into the changing rooms of.
Just claims mind you, but let's keep to as he says... "the facts". Not "miss" but "miss teen".
Got it?

[emoji15]

Stacyhs 15th September 2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13224340)
Okay, for full disclosure, I found out today that three of my cousins and their families lost their homes in Oregon. One of those cousins had the home of a favorite aunt and uncle (uncle now deceased thankfully), a farm where I spent large parts of my summer as a child.

I'm sorry, Craig. It's so awful here right now. The smoke is so thick and smell is so strong.

kookbreaker 15th September 2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13223863)
Also, "Conservative Girl, @ConservUSA38" is such a generic handle that I'm leaning towards it being a troll.

“I AM AN EAGLE WEARING A HAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!”

Fast Eddie B 15th September 2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13223866)
Biden so needs to challenge Trump to a bike ride test.

My vote would be for an IQ test. Or SAT.

I’d pony up for pay-per-view for either of those.

Stacyhs 15th September 2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B (Post 13224386)
My vote would be for an IQ test. Or SAT.

I’d pony up for pay-per-view for either of those.

How about a contest to see who could go the longest without telling a bald faced lie?

Captain_Swoop 15th September 2020 03:42 PM

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still explode?

Captain_Swoop 15th September 2020 03:43 PM

Trump Tweets

After decades of division and conflict, we mark the dawn of a new Middle East. Congratulations to the people of Israel, the people of the United Arab Emirates, and the people of the Kingdom of Bahrain. God Bless You All!

Stacyhs 15th September 2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13224402)
Trump Tweets

After decades of division and conflict, we mark the dawn of a new Middle East. Congratulations to the people of Israel, the people of the United Arab Emirates, and the people of the Kingdom of Bahrain. God Bless You All!

I can now turn all of my attention to promoting even more division and conflict within my own country.

Aridas 15th September 2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13223851)
Trump Tweets

Conservative Girl
@ConservUSA38
We can beat them at their game #PedoBiden

I see. That's how you want to play it.

MeidasTouch has a response to that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13224136)
I just never thought I'd see the day where a US president would behave is such a despicable manner as Trump. To sink so low as to push this QAnon pedophile CT against Biden and to allow his son to do so, too, is beyond disgusting. He has taken the Office of the Presidency and turned it into a peepshow, the kind you only go to after dark, alone and with your head down in fear someone might recognize you.

I'm not surprised, on the other hand. Remember, Trump projects and accuses others of his sins like crazy.

Aridas 15th September 2020 04:27 PM

To poke at a couple not quite random other things -

Here's a nice short comic to demonstrate what Defund the Police is supposed to mean.

WaPo Publishes Gaslighting Op-Ed by AEI Snowflake Terrified of Competent Government

Short summary?

Quote:

the Washington Post has published an op-ed by a “senior fellow” of the right-wing American Enterprise Institute named Danielle Pletka, who claims that she “never considered voting for Trump in 2016” but “may be forced to vote for him this year” because she is terrified, absolutely riven with fear and consumed with dread, of “the tyranny of the woke left.”

Of course, everything that terrifies her comes straight from the annals of Republican fan fiction
:rolleyes:

That though, reminded me of a couple amusing Republican paradoxes. To poke at a couple there...

Quote:

Only the tyranny of Trump can save us from tyranny.
Our cities must burn under Trump to prevent our cities from burning.
It's fine to reject facts as they are, as long as you tell it like it is.
Allowing Americans to forfeit their lives to a deadly disease is the only way to stop panicky Americans from risking their lives.
Trump has no choice but to rig the election in order to prevent the election from being rigged.
After making America great again, the only remaining challenge is to make America great again again.
The best people quit and write nasty tell-all books because they are the worst people.
It's racist to claim that racism is racist, but it's not at all racist to claim that it's racist to claim that racism is racist.
Only tax cuts for the rich can save the economy and prevent us from having to implement more tax cuts for the rich.
Trump's lifetime of screwing over the little guy makes him the ideal champion of the screwed-over little guy.

Moving on...

Trump confirms Woodward report he decried as 'fiction' in 2018

Quote:

And since Trump’s brain is essentially blood pudding at this point, a lie from 2018 is sure to escape his notice. As it did this morning during an interview with Fox & Friends.

CNN:

Quote:

In perhaps the most notable moment of the session, Trump said he had previously wanted to order the assassination of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and "had him all set," but that then-Secretary of Defense James Mattis opposed the idea.

This was a complete contradiction from Trump's comments two years ago. After journalist Bob Woodward reported in 2018 that Trump had wanted Assad assassinated after a Syrian chemical attack on civilians in 2017, Trump told reporters that the report was "fiction" and that an assassination "was never even contemplated, nor would it be contemplated."


Babbylonian 15th September 2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13224453)

And? What was true in 2018 isn't necessarily true today.

I'm sure Putin told Trump it was now okay to say he wanted to kill Assad so that Trump can look like a tough guy instead of the pathetic, whining mess we've been seeing so clearly the last few months.

Also, who could possibly believe the current account? That he would accept advice from one of his cabinet officials is ******* preposterous.

Minoosh 15th September 2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13223296)
Trump Tweets

“Players take knee, raise fist, stay in locker room, during National Anthem”.
@FoxNews No thanks, tell them to “protest” some other time!

From Trump's greatest hits, but today's situation is different than last fall - NBA players have an extremely compelling reason to protest, almost a duty at this point. If Trump is dissing LeBron James he can get stuffed. IMO the leadership athletes can provide would be the sincerest form of patriotism. There's the virus response; there's attacks on voting rights; and of course the is the ongoing issue of police violence. This isn't the time for widespread street protests, IMO. It should be direct marketing to increase turnout, addressing every single impediment to voting possible. And the politicians should be getting literally tons of postcards etc. so they understand their constituents' concerns. The registration deadline is Oct. 5 in many states. Don't let a single voter go uncontacted. This needs to be a full-court press.

This needs to be happening with Latinos, too. IMO Jeb Bush or similar would be a good choice. With the dropping of the DACA protections, Trump told another massive lie. Where is the legislative solution? Legislators need to be called out on this. There are probably a dozen issues that could help motivate would-be voters.

Please tell me this is happening already - in person, by mail, on TV, on *billboards*, and all over social media. Get granular: I'm talking about reaching individuals, not a top-down media strategy to push the whole Democratic agenda. Focus on some down-ticket races. Lawmakers need to be getting mail from constituents concerned about public health, access to health care (not the same thing), the Dream Act, local and global pollution, police training, reproductive rights, universal background checks on gun purchases, gay and trangender rights, voting by mail and voter suppression. Don't target everyone on all issues, just pivotal ones for their demographic. Use big data as necessary.

This comes down to a lot of individuals believing they can affect the outcome. I don't think it can happen any other way.

Minoosh 15th September 2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13223851)
Trump Tweets

Conservative Girl
@ConservUSA38
We can beat them at their game #PedoBiden

OK. Is that a retweet? Usually you say. "Conservative Girl" and "PedoBiden" totally sounds like a real person and not a sock puppet.

He's trolling either way.

BTW: I don't think he does this for his fans. It's part of a strategy to keep the left triggered and complaining amongst themselves. Piss off, Donald.

SezMe 15th September 2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13223629)
Trump Retweeted

Scott W. Atlas
@SWAtlasHoover
I was asked by the President of the United States to help formulate healthcare policy during the biggest healthcare crisis in a century. My extensive background in both medical science and healthcare policy provides a unique and urgently needed perspective on this matter.

Kinda late for policy planning, isn't it? Maybe he's so good he can produce what the GOP has been promising for over a decade.

SezMe 15th September 2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13223655)
If only America had some sort of intelligence service and advisors who could keep the president up to date on these things, so he wouldn't have to learn of them from the news.

I got a case of whiplash upon seeing that Trump was relying on the FAKE NEWS for his information.

Minoosh 15th September 2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13224136)
I just never thought I'd see the day where a US president would behave is such a despicable manner as Trump. To sink so low as to push this QAnon pedophile CT against Biden and to allow his son to do so, too, is beyond disgusting. He has taken the Office of the Presidency and turned it into a peepshow, the kind you only go to after dark, alone and with your head down in fear someone might recognize you.

The kind with sticky floors? (I've heard.)

He said a week or so ago that he was going to get much nastier. But really, at this point, who is he tweeting at? I don't think it's his base, because how much more bonded could they be? IMO, it's a distraction. It's always a distraction.

Venom 15th September 2020 06:22 PM

The deplorables don't care that a sitting president is behaving this way.

quadraginta 15th September 2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13223458)
In the complaint, it involved one doctor in particular, albeit with support by the people around him, if I read it correctly. I wouldn't assume that Trump's involved directly, though Trump certainly has worked to emphasize (sadly not create) a general culture and trend in ICE that makes it entirely unsurprising, though no less disgusting.

Of note, though, this kind of thing has been documented as having been done to Native American and black women, too, in the past.


White women, too.

It was a handy way to get rid of pesky young relatives who let themselves get knocked up and accused daddy or uncle Bill of raping them. Get a cooperative doctor to certify that the kid was nutso, have the baby put out for adoption, and send the kid to the funny farm, where hysterectomies for immorality were not an unusual prescription.

quadraginta 15th September 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13224496)
OK. Is that a retweet? Usually you say. "Conservative Girl" and "PedoBiden" totally sounds like a real person and not a sock puppet.

He's trolling either way.

BTW: I don't think he does this for his fans. It's part of a strategy to keep the left triggered and complaining amongst themselves. Piss off, Donald.


I don't think it's any sort of a strategy at all. Trump doesn't do strategy. He doesn't need to. Strategy implies forethought, and that's one thing Trump has never been accused of by anyone. Some of the people around him may try, but only to a small extent. If they try too hard they won't be around him anymore.

I think that these twits from Trump used to come in smaller bursts because his handlers would get his phone away from him from time to time. But they have since realized that it really didn't matter what he posted,because his cult members loved all of it, and nobody else could do anything about it.

So why bother trying to stop him?

DevilsAdvocate 15th September 2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B (Post 13224386)
My vote would be for an IQ test. Or SAT.

I’d pony up for pay-per-view for either of those.

Or even a Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test. Live. In real time. Unedited. In front of a person, woman, man, camera, and TV.

DevilsAdvocate 15th September 2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13224406)
I can now turn all of my attention to promoting even more division and conflict within my own country.

America First! Vote Biden!

Stacyhs 15th September 2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 13224527)
The deplorables don't care that a sitting president is behaving this way.

Hillary Clinton said "you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables." At this point, anyone still supporting Trump belongs in that basket. Anyone.

Firestone 15th September 2020 11:10 PM

In case you missed the Trump town hall, here's a 2 minutes recap by CNN's amazing fact checker Daniel Dale: https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...68705634287622

The Don 16th September 2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13224622)
In case you missed the Trump town hall, here's a 2 minutes recap by CNN's amazing fact checker Daniel Dale: https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...68705634287622

Unfortunately anyone who actually cares about any of that is already vehemently anti-President Trump - maybe 40% of the electorate.

Another 40% will support President Trump regardless of what he says.

20% or so are lower information voters who won't fact-check or listen to the fact check but will get the soundbites from President Trump's speech so might believe him :(

Squeegee Beckenheim 16th September 2020 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13224363)
Now now... don't paint with TOO broad a brush.
Of his pageants, it's not his Miss America contest but rather his Miss Teen America pageant that it is claimed he "peeked" into the changing rooms of.
Just claims mind you, but let's keep to as he says... "the facts". Not "miss" but "miss teen".
Got it?

[emoji15]

Actually, that's wrong, although the two are conflated. It was the Miss America pageants that he boasted of going into the changing rooms of. The Miss Teen contestants called him creepy and dehumanising.

Captain_Swoop 16th September 2020 01:45 AM

Trump denies downplaying severity of virus

Quote:

US President Donald Trump has denied downplaying the seriousness of Covid-19, despite admitting in a recorded interview to having done that.

At a televised event with voters, Mr Trump said he had "up-played" it.

The claim contradicts comments Mr Trump made to journalist Bob Woodward earlier this year, when he said he minimised the virus's severity to avoid panic.

Mr Trump also repeated on Tuesday that a vaccine could be ready "within weeks" despite scepticism from health experts.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54172311

Captain_Swoop 16th September 2020 01:59 AM

Trump retweeted

thebradfordfile™
@thebradfordfile
President Trump had a historic event for world peace today, and the only thing the media reported on was who was wearing masks.

Trump isn't running against Biden.
He's running against the media.
And he's still going to win.

Jim_MDP 16th September 2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13224660)
Actually, that's wrong, although the two are conflated. It was the Miss America pageants that he boasted of going into the changing rooms of. The Miss Teen contestants called him creepy and dehumanising.

I'll buy that. Thanks.
Gawd knows he needs every thing he can get that'll raise my opinion of him. Even that little bit. [emoji53]

Firestone 16th September 2020 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13224684)
Trump retweeted

thebradfordfile™
@thebradfordfile
President Trump had a historic event for world peace today, and the only thing the media reported on was who was wearing masks.

Trump isn't running against Biden.
He's running against the media.
And he's still going to win.

Many here on the forum (myself included) find Biden a less than perfect candidate, and hoped for someone else to be the Democratic nominee.

But the way Trumpworld tweets and campaigns, they really would like to run against anyone but Biden.

The "real" candidate is Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, the Squad, BLM, Antifa, the evil media, etc ..
The last days I also saw a new theme emerging, where Biden is just a placeholder, and if elected will soon resign (or die), and then the new "real" candidate, Harris, will take power and both defund the police (hear that, suburban "housewives") and imprison Black men as she's also a bad cop (hear that, POC).

I still feel that they expected that Burisma would bury Biden in the primaries, and that Sanders or Warren would be the candidate.

The Don 16th September 2020 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13224672)
Trump denies downplaying severity of virus



https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54172311

Who you gonna believe, President Trump or your own lyin' eyes ?

Mojo 16th September 2020 02:48 AM

'I up-played it': Donald Trump disputes own admission he downplayed Covid pandemic

Quote:

At the ABC town hall, the president also said the virus would “go away”, with or without a vaccine. This would happen because of “herd mentality”, he said. It is unclear whether he meant heard immunity, because he repeated the phrase several times.

“It would go away without the vaccine, George,” he told ABC journalist George Stephanopoulos. “With time it goes away. And you’ll develop like a herd mentality. It’s going to be herd developed, and that’s going to happen. That will all happen.”

“Herd mentality”. That what his supporters have, right?

TofuFighter 16th September 2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13224340)
...
I consider myself well read on the histories of presidents, particularly those who served in my lifetime. Those stretch from Nixon to Trump. I simply can't imagine any of them being on the campaign trail while the entire west coast was up in flames and a major hurricane was about to strike the Gulf Coast. I have every confidence that all those other presidents, including Nixon would have been in the White House (or Camp David which has been used as an emergency command post when the Situation Room was down for some reason), making sure the full force and power of the US Government was being applied to protect American Citizens and ease their burdens.
...

Typical blue-staters. Treat me badly, very badly, worse than anyone thought possible, then expect me to help them.

Mojo 16th September 2020 02:53 AM

Trump threatens to retaliate with '1,000 times greater' force against any Iran attack

That Nobel Peace Prize must be in the bag now.

Safe-Keeper 16th September 2020 02:54 AM

Herd mentality. A new term for living in Trump's post-fact world.

Aridas 16th September 2020 02:59 AM

Ahh, right. I think that this whopper is one of the new champions in the up is down and down is up, black is white and white is black style of GOP propaganda. After all, he's literally saying that down is up now.

Ladewig 16th September 2020 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 13224527)
The deplorables don't care that a sitting president is behaving this way.

Your quite wrong.
They are happy that he is behaving this way.

Some are happy because they think it is true.
Some are happy because they say to themselves and others, “maybe this is the straw that will break the camel’s back. Maybe this is the thing that will finally show rank and file liberals how evil the Democratic leadership is.”

Ladewig 16th September 2020 03:25 AM

Trump saying he up-played it is the perfect move.

The right wing talking heads will say, “It’s obvious the MSM doesn’t know what they are doing - first they say he downplayed it, then they say he up-played it. Message to fake media: “make up your mind.’”


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.