International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   9/11 Conspiracy Theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   9/11: How they Faked the Videos (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341275)

Leftus 6th February 2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12980948)
And the automobiles.

There's a version with automobiles, right?

Probably not. Because people know what automobiles can do. Most people. His theory relies on the general ignorance, and his own, on the subject of missiles and related weapon systems for this to spread. So if he describes a missile doing something it would be designed to not do, specifically avoid side swiping a building, most people don't know this and more importantly, wouldn't know how to check this. Do you know anyone who has, for example, ever even touched a missile?

A cruise missile have collision detection and avoidance features. They are not bullets that fly a dumb straight lines to their targets. They have radar and some navigation information built into them. When you think about it, it makes sense, it would avoid crashing into something before it finds the right target and then go in head first. But we are expected to believe that the Missile targeted the tower and was programmed to enter sideways. It just doesn't work that way.

Mothra and Rodan still make better culprits.

StillSleepy 6th February 2020 03:04 PM

I'd say you're probably dead on about that, an automobile just isn't magical enough and probably doesn't have enough enchantment potential (Since a sizable portion of the living populace had to live with turn of the millennium cars, give it a few decades) to maintain the suspension of disbelief for this myth.

bruto 6th February 2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12980990)
I'd say you're probably dead on about that, an automobile just isn't magical enough and probably doesn't have enough enchantment potential (Since a sizable portion of the living populace had to live with turn of the millennium cars, give it a few decades) to maintain the suspension of disbelief for this myth.

I had a car with suspension of disbelief once, but it failed inspection.

waypastvne 6th February 2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12980990)

an automobile just isn't magical enough

You are forgetting about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

It could happen.

StillSleepy 6th February 2020 03:40 PM

Did anyone spot a VW Beetle with red, white, and blue racing stripes (no. 53) in the area? Actually, I guess almost all of the magic cars are good, Horace being the only exception that comes to mind.

abaddon 6th February 2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12976872)

Good image. Everyone should take a long hard look at that and realise what Yankee is claiming is simply impossible.

Just take the left wing of the 767. In yankee's scenario, a cruise missile made, the left wing hole, for example. This cruise missile left wingtip touched in precisely the same point of the purported 767, (even though it is not capable of such surgical precision as to precisely place a wingtip that way.) This delusional cruise missile raked across the surface of the tower and detonated,,,where exactly? Can't be the central hole because that would be an impossible maneuvre, and yankee claims that was made by the single central missile in a flock of missiles. Did the left missile glance off the impervious cladding minus a wing? And went where? And flew how? And was collected by whom? After landing where?

Axxman300 6th February 2020 05:25 PM

Wait a minute...how do we know the 1993 WTC bombing wasn't a cruise missile as well?

A cruise missile disguised as a rental truck. Just asking questions.:D

Even better...how do we know that the jetliners didn't have cruise missile hidden in the cargo bays?

bknight 6th February 2020 06:08 PM

Another problem with the cruise missile, no one saw the invisible weapon. Not then and not now and it never existed. The damage was clearly done by a jet airliner and the damage is consistent with the image he has posted included the torn but not severed cladding. Who knows what took place in those milliseconds as the plane disintegrated. All that KE was transferred to the building and yes I beams were severed leaving the piece of cladding torn. yankee has no training, no experience other than what he(we) can see.

StillSleepy 6th February 2020 06:53 PM

There was a missile on the grassy knoll.

Steve 6th February 2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12981155)
There was a missile on the grassy knoll.

Missiles are the new hand guns. They are everywhere.

smartcooky 6th February 2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12981155)
There was a second missile on the grassy knoll.

FTFY

StillSleepy 6th February 2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12981190)
FTFY

:D :thumbsup:

Axxman300 6th February 2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bknight (Post 12981139)
Another problem with the cruise missile, no one saw the invisible weapon. Not then and not now and it never existed. The damage was clearly done by a jet airliner and the damage is consistent with the image he has posted included the torn but not severed cladding. Who knows what took place in those milliseconds as the plane disintegrated. All that KE was transferred to the building and yes I beams were severed leaving the piece of cladding torn. yankee has no training, no experience other than what he(we) can see.

Yankee claims there were witnesses but the majority saw the jets. He ignores them claiming they're essentially actors reading from a script. He claims as many as four missiles. You and I and the rest of us know this is impossible for an extensive list of valid reasons. What is obvious doesn't need to be discussed but here we are.

Robin 7th February 2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft (Post 12980748)
Sorry, that was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Apologies from me too. I have been in this thread too long and can't tell the tongue in cheek any more.

bknight 7th February 2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12981190)
FTFY

Did it give a death bed confession? ;)

Leftus 7th February 2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxman300 (Post 12981227)
He claims as many as four missiles.

Battra chasing Mothra?

Wingspan:
Battra = 590 feet. (3.8x bigger)
Mothra = 574 feet. (3.6x bigger)
Boeing = 156 Feet.
JAASM = 8 feet. (19.5x smaller)

Length
Battra = 240 feet. (1.5X bigger)
Mothra = 213 feet. (1.3X bigger)
Boeing = 159 Feet.
JAASM = 14 feet. (11 X smaller)

Steve 7th February 2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftus (Post 12981681)
Battra chasing Mothra?

Wingspan:
Boeing = 156 Feet.

Length
Boeing = 159 Feet.

I think you have nailed it. This is obviously the most likely scenario because no one has claimed to have seen this at all.

Leftus 7th February 2020 11:11 AM

Wingspan for Rodan = 871 feet (5.6 x bigger)

Rodan length = 154 feet (essentially the same length at 96%)

Rodan breathes fire. So I've got the fireball covered too.

MattNelson 7th February 2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftus (Post 12980210)
Some could argue that the evidence supports pterodactyls, or Mothra. It would only matter if such things could happen. Missiles don't work as you described. But since you know nothing about this, you continue to make bald assertions that they do.

The damage evidence supports a single strike by a single Boeing 767, one per tower. It's confirmed by all sorts of physical and visual evidence.

It wasn't Godzilla either. He doesn't work this side of the Atlantic. Can't get the correct Visa. Purpose of visit: destroy Manhattan. Denied!

We have pterodactyl witnesses -- and a photo! Seriously!

Eyewitness Accounts ---Pterodactyl Seen Near The World Trade Center?
http://www.s8int.com/eyewit22.html

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 11:34 AM

It must be a mutant pterodactyl judging from its excessively large size and misshapen body. Frankly (as a on-again off-again birder) I'm impressed this expert was able to identify it as a Pterodactylus sp., it seems so obvious in hindsight.

carlitos 7th February 2020 11:41 AM

Pterodactyl Ptareidolia

Zooming in, you can really see the detail.

https://i.imgur.com/wSbiBdI.jpg

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 11:43 AM

Actually, maybe this pterodactyl is an example of the prehistoric Eldritch abominations known as Peterssaurs.

bknight 7th February 2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxman300 (Post 12981227)
Yankee claims there were witnesses but the majority saw the jets. He ignores them claiming they're essentially actors reading from a script. He claims as many as four missiles. You and I and the rest of us know this is impossible for an extensive list of valid reasons. What is obvious doesn't need to be discussed but here we are.

Given that claim is valid, it is based on eye witness testimony of their observations and everybody knows how inaccurate eye witness testimony is. The memories change with time and often are not a true reflection of the actual event.

Axxman300 7th February 2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bknight (Post 12981871)
Given that claim is valid, it is based on eye witness testimony of their observations and everybody knows how inaccurate eye witness testimony is. The memories change with time and often are not a true reflection of the actual event.

You're correct. This is why you start with the physical and recorded visual evidence first and work backwards at a crime scene. Not a single criminal case is 100% air tight but is built on the collected evidence...unless the crime is caught in full on camera as 9-11 was and then its open and shut. This is why Yankee needs the footage to be fake, otherwise his conspiracy is crap, which it is.

Axxman300 7th February 2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Battra chasing Mothra?

Wingspan:
Boeing = 156 Feet.

Length
Boeing = 159 Feet.

A while back I posted a theory linking the parallels of King Kong to 9-11.

You know:

How does a giant gorilla get a student visa to enter the country?

Mountain Gorillas cannot break steel, therefore the escape from the theater was LIHOP.

There were no Jews in the Empire State Building.

The US Army Air Corps had an airfield on the other side of the Hudson, why did it take so long to get fighters over NYC?

King Kong fell in his own footprint.

Then in 1976 another giant gorilla was brought to New York and escaped and climbed to the top of the World Trade Center. Coincidence?

Where was the US Government in all of this? Where was their anti-giant gorilla technology?

Just asking questions...:D

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 12:30 PM

Maybe King Kong was puppeteered by unseen hands, like in a Willis O'Brien movie.

Leftus 7th February 2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12981856)
It must be a mutant pterodactyl judging from its excessively large size and misshapen body. Frankly (as a on-again off-again birder) I'm impressed this expert was able to identify it as a Pterodactylus sp., it seems so obvious in hindsight.

That's Rodan! I'd know him anywhere.

It's a bit scary that I can't out stupid the internet.

Leftus 7th February 2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxman300 (Post 12981922)

King Kong fell in his own footprint.

I'm sold.

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 12:35 PM

I can rest easy now that we've narrowed it down to Rodan and not a Peterssaurian pterodactyl.

pgimeno 7th February 2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillSleepy (Post 12980897)
Perhaps he is defiantly ranting against his pantheon of cold, uncaring god-kings?

It's been a long while since I last saw that word correctly used. Thanks.

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 02:48 PM

:thumbsup::D

smartcooky 7th February 2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Battra chasing Mothra?

Wingspan:
Boeing = 156 Feet.

Length
Boeing = 159 Feet.

... or as I showed graphically earlier in the thread

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsn5rhlkpz...comp.png?raw=1

Only Blind Pew could misidentify a JASSM as an airliner

Regnad Kcin 7th February 2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee451 (Post 12976800)
Evidently the industry isnít as independent as you think it is. It was a military operation run from the top of the global power structure. Who would you blow the whistle to if you had a change of heart? These are people who own nations. They have armies and navies, unlimited resources and intelligence services. They all keep quiet about their nefarious activities, but letís say 9/11 was somehow different. Who would you turn to if you wanted to blow the whistle?

Why would any of them alert anyone? They were just as duped as the rest of us. Itís not like a camera man is going to know the news reader heís filming is reading from a false script. Even the news reader wouldnít know. By the time anyone got it figured out it, as Holmgren said, the Sheeple factor had already set in. No one wants to go against the crowd. Anyone who has actual proof will know that to speak out would be the last thing they do.

The timing would have been simple. As explained in the OP, the handful of shots that were broadcast live would only require a matter of seconds to edit. They already had a CGI animation of a plane with a transparent background that they overlaid on the ďliveĒ footage of the explosion. Only those people who needed to be involved in the editing would need to know everything, everyone else would just do as they were told, read the scripts, and react accordingly. The independent media arenít as independent as you think.

It was a huge operation being run from the top of the global power structure. Finding a few guys to pose as FBI or NYPD (or real, corrupt ones) to plant plane parts would be no sweat. No one questions a man in uniform.

Who would recognize a missile fragment over a jet fragment? If they did, what do you think they would do, sneak it out in their backpack? Do you think they let volunteers wander in and out at will?

Golly, faking a few dozen identities and backstories would require the help of an agency of spies or something.

Iím sure they couldnít care less.

If planes could do such a thing, then surely they would have used them. If planes did do such a thing, then the damage would be consistent with it. This is why the damage evidence trumps your incredulity.

The loony-detector van, you mean.

StillSleepy 7th February 2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12982254)

I'll see that and raise you:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e0b4a00ce7.png

It's normally blurry, just like Bigfoot.

Grizzly Bear 7th February 2020 10:16 PM

Thread title: "How they faked the videos"
Answer, thousands of people recorded the attacks, and 2001 wasn't a year known for its advanced video fakery technology.

Leftus 8th February 2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12982254)

No Rodan or Mothra.

smartcooky 8th February 2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftus (Post 12982832)
No Rodan or Mothra.

No reliable drawings with consistency of size and shape

Leftus 8th February 2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12982853)
No reliable drawings with consistency of size and shape

Have you consulted the documentary archives? See Mothra v. Godzilla. And Rodan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055198/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049782/

bknight 8th February 2020 07:40 PM

Well Rodan was one of my favorite movies growing up.

smartcooky 8th February 2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftus (Post 12983045)
Have you consulted the documentary archives? See Mothra v. Godzilla. And Rodan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055198/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049782/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrtlp0k0dl...size.jpg?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/712cblv1ln...size.jpg?raw=1

Which ones are the right ones to compare with an airliner?