International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   9/11 Conspiracy Theories (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Any Updates on Mark Basile's Study? (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275738)

rogers619 27th March 2014 11:57 AM

Any Updates on Mark Basile's Study?

Any news on the research project that Mark Basile has put together?

According to ANETA.org, they reached their goal in January and that the study is in progress.

Also, what lab did they decide was the best for this study?

chrismohr 28th March 2014 09:05 AM

I've been told that no information will be released untilo the final results are published. I believe Mark Basile has said he will release all data, whatever the outcome, but don't quote me on that just yet. All communication from me to Mark has beenn one-way. We don't know if any of the suggestions I relayed to Mark from Sunstealer and others here were taken into account when they developed their protocol. Wait and see...

DGM 30th March 2014 04:21 PM

Has anyone actually confirmed Basile actually planed to do this outside of the website produced by Rich Shaddock (ANETA.org)?

We all know that the A.N.E.T.A is an organisation of one. They claim to have raised $6000 to fund this study but, no news has been released about any progress.

I think there never was any plan to do a study. "Truthers" won't care as long as the idea that there will be a study remains. This "study" will never take place and it was never going to.

DGM 30th March 2014 04:41 PM

Does anyone else find it interesting that the "Physics challenge" prize sponsored by A.N.E.T.A was donated to a study that A.N.E.T.A was the chief promoter? Everyone does know that markbasile.org is owned by A.N.E.T.A.?

DGM 13th May 2014 11:02 AM

Bump

Any progress now that Mark has more than enough money? Anyone know an address where questions about this can be sent?

Does Mark even know about this? The quote he got for tests is over 4.5 years old.

chrismohr 13th May 2014 01:08 PM

There WERE multiple donors, including one fairly major one I think, and they are trying to gear up for this now. If it's anything like what I went through trying to find Jim Millette, it will take some time.

rogers619 13th May 2014 01:51 PM

According to Mark basile.org

Quote:

Money has been raise an tests have begun by independent lab technicians.

Labs have been surveyed for the capabilities they have, including some new capabilities in DSC and Raman (like FTIR).

Staring with known primer chips doing SEM/EDX, FTIR and Raman to characterize chip composition and establish the non production of molten metal/iron from this material during DSC exposure to 400 - 600 Centigrade as well as the exotherm/endotherm character of the primer breakdown.

Next steps: move on to red/gray chips doing the same test, in characterizing composition, then showing the exotherms and reaction products.

Update April 2, 2014
http://markbasile.org/

DGM 13th May 2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogers619 (Post 10020875)
According to Mark basile.org

Quote:

Staring with known primer chips doing SEM/EDX, FTIR and Raman to characterize chip composition and establish the non production of molten metal/iron from this material during DSC exposure to 400 - 600 Centigrade as well as the exotherm/endotherm character of the primer breakdown.

Next steps: move on to red/gray chips doing the same test, in characterizing composition, then showing the exotherms and reaction products.
Why are they doing this? This has nothing to do with what they said they were going to do:

Quote:

Proposal:
Sample Preparation:
- Red/gray chip separation using optical microscopy and magnetic attraction to assist in isolation of particles of interest.
- Optical images of collected particulates as collected at appropriate magnifications to record condition as collected.
Sample Analysis:
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- FTIR analysis of organic components of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- ESCA small spot technique with argon ion sputter for depth profiling to definitively establish the presence of elemental aluminum within the red layer of the red/gray chips. Scans of gray layer also to be taken to add to information base.
- DSC analysis of red/gray chips focusing on exothermic/endothermic reactions near 400 degrees C. Some chips to be scanned in inert atmosphere and some in air or oxygen containing gas stream.
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of residual products of DSC analysis of red/gray chips.
- Optical images of reaction products after DSC experiments.

:confused:

Spanx 14th May 2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10020912)
Why are they doing this? This has nothing to do with what they said they were going to do:

:confused:

I guess the idea is to test primer paint which has not been adhered to a layer of rust then test the red/gray chips which have been adhered to a layer of rust then shout iron microspheres it must be thermite.

Why else would Ziggy be barking on about iron-microspheres ?

DGM 15th May 2014 08:50 AM

I have a question for the Basile team:

Quote:

Are these chips attracted to a magnet?

DGM 7th June 2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Basile
Purpose: to see if the following study can be replicated.
Repeatable experiments is fundamental to the scientific method.

Any ideas why he would say this and then start his study like he has? :confused:

DGM 28th June 2014 04:26 PM

Any updates on when they plan to start? They've had the money for a while. The only thing I've seen is the plan of what to do with the money they don't spend (give it to Gage).

Does anyone actually think they will do the study as planed?

Miragememories 29th June 2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10091742)
Any updates on when they plan to start? They've had the money for a while. The only thing I've seen is the plan of what to do with the money they don't spend (give it to Gage).

Does anyone actually think they will do the study as planed?

Yes I do.

Are you a stakeholder in the research?

DGM 29th June 2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miragememories (Post 10092335)
Yes I do.

Are you a stakeholder in the research?

Is it a prerequisite for asking about the study?

Why have they started by wasting money on tests that have nothing to do with the original study? Do they have tons of money to burn?

LSSBB 29th June 2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10092351)
Is it a prerequisite for asking about the study?

Why have they started by wasting money on tests that have nothing to do with the original study? Do they have tons of money to burn?

Hey, if the "Stakeholders" don't hold their feet to the fire, just like with the earlier flawed study by Harrit, or all the money AE911 has burned through in accomplishing approximately 0, who are we to ask? They will continue to trust, and trust, and trust some more.

Miragememories 30th June 2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSSBB (Post 10092930)
"Hey, if the "Stakeholders" don't hold their feet to the fire, just like with the earlier flawed study by Harrit Millette..."

Fixed that for ya.

jaydeehess 30th June 2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miragememories (Post 10093867)
Fixed that for ya.

No, not really.

LSSBB 1st July 2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miragememories (Post 10093867)
Fixed that for ya.

Are you saying there are no flaws with the Harris study? Tell me, what sample size should they have used? Did they use any known thermite samples for comparison?

DGM 1st July 2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSSBB (Post 10095619)
Are you saying there are no flaws with the Harris study? Tell me, what sample size should they have used? Did they use any known thermite samples for comparison?

Did the test any of the chips they found not to be "thermetic"? It would appear not because the copied the "paint chip" data out of a book. :rolleyes:

jaydeehess 1st July 2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSSBB (Post 10095619)

Did they test any of the samples deemed thermitic, for the ability to self oxidize, ignite without the presence of atmospheric oxygen?

WilliamSeger 13th July 2014 11:51 AM

More $$$ urgently needed, MM

Quote:

Saturday, July 12, 2014

MarkBasile.org Fundraiser Seeking $10,000

In this interview: http://nanothermite911.blogspot.com/...view-with.html Mark Basile states that even though the goal was set at $5,000, that he could more ideally use $10,000. The amount raised thus far is $6002. Please make any sized donation you can so this important work is done as thoroughly as possible.

DGM 13th July 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger (Post 10116335)

They need the extra money to do the stupid tests they started that have nothing to do with the original study.

Why don't the original contributors complain about this wasteful side track?

DGM 13th July 2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger (Post 10116335)

This "new" plea for money is based on an interview that is almost a year old.

http://nanothermite911.blogspot.com/...view-with.html

Does anyone really believe this is not a scam run by ANETA? They ran a fake "debate challenge" then donated the money back to themselves.

Has anyone actually seen any of this money? Has anyone actually been able to contact these guys (Not Mark, I doubt he's actually involved in this scam)?

Spanx 13th July 2014 01:11 PM

Maybe they had their chips tested and were told they are paint ? Of course the lab was paid off by the NWO to falsify the results hence needing to go to another lab and another 5k.

LMFAO let the suckers donate their cash.

DGM 13th July 2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanx (Post 10116427)
Maybe they had their chips tested and were told they are paint ? Of course the lab was paid off by the NWO to falsify the results hence needing to go to another lab and another 5k.

LMFAO let the suckers donate their cash.

It's more like,

Mark: I found a lab and they're ready to go. can I get a check for a deposit?
ANETA: No problem Mark. How much do you need?
Mark: they want $3000 down.
ANETA: No problem, we'll get that right out.............

ANETA: (to the rubes) Urgent need for more money, Mark has informed us the lab wants more money. $10,000 instead of $5,000. Give now so we can start this important project.

:rolleyes:

Miragememories 13th July 2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10116396)
This "new" plea for money is based on an interview that is almost a year old.

http://nanothermite911.blogspot.com/...view-with.html

Does anyone really believe this is not a scam run by ANETA? They ran a fake "debate challenge" then donated the money back to themselves.

Has anyone actually seen any of this money? Has anyone actually been able to contact these guys (Not Mark, I doubt he's actually involved in this scam)?

You actually believe this is nothing more than a cash cow?

When donations were few it was called "lack of support".

When donations reflect strong support, you fail to acknowledge it for the endorsement it represents and instead accuse organizers of scamming the unsuspecting.

DGM 13th July 2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miragememories (Post 10116453)
You actually believe this is nothing more than a cash cow?

When donations reflect strong support, you fail to acknowledge it for the endorsement it represents and instead accuse organizers of scamming the unsuspecting.

What strong support? They really haven't shown evidence that they collected anything.

$1000 of this is from the group that started it.

What's your view on the direction the study has already started on? Do you agree it's a pointless waste of limited resources? If you don't agree, please explain.

pgimeno 13th July 2014 04:15 PM

By the way, isn't this a New Investigation™? Why aren't AE911T even mildly interested in funding it?

Never mind, that question was rhetorical. AE911T's purpose is more like this:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_CWGYdx1rTnM/Si...k/research.png
(Comic strip by Andrés Diplotti, http://fleasnobbery.blogspot.com/2009/05/entering.html)

DGM 13th July 2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgimeno (Post 10116682)
By the way, isn't this a New Investigation™? Why aren't AE911T even mildly interested in funding it?

Never mind, that question was rhetorical. AE911T's purpose is more like this:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_CWGYdx1rTnM/Si...k/research.png
(Comic strip by Andrés Diplotti, http://fleasnobbery.blogspot.com/2009/05/entering.html)

You missed the update:

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbasile.org
Mark, Rick, nor any of the Volunteers are not being paid anything.
Web site hosting and updating is donated free by Cosmic internet.
Any remaining funds, if any, will go to AE911Truth with full disclosure here.

Lot of motivation for a "new investigation". :rolleyes:

tsig 14th July 2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10116715)
You missed the update:

Lot of motivation for a "new investigation". :rolleyes:

IOW the money will go to Dicky G's perpetual revolving vacation fund.

ergo 15th July 2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miragememories (Post 10116453)

Absolutely right. 9/11 bedunkers are obsessed with truther fundraising.

Few/slow donations = "pathetic", "lack of support", "fringe cause"

Increased/fast donations = "gullible truthers", "Dicky Gage's vacation fund", "SCAM!!1!"

That's the level of "analysis" we find here. :D

DGM 15th July 2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10119936)
Absolutely right. 9/11 bedunkers are obsessed with truther fundraising.

Few/slow donations = "pathetic", "lack of support", "fringe cause"

Increased/fast donations = "gullible truthers", "Dicky Gage's vacation fund", "SCAM!!1!"

That's the level of "analysis" we find here. :D

Care to comment on why they would spend the limited resources the way the have reported? It has nothing to do with the original proposal.

ergo 15th July 2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10119947)
Care to comment on why they would spend the limited resources the way the have reported? It has nothing to do with the original proposal.

Care to comment why it's any of your business?

DGM 15th July 2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10119994)
Care to comment why it's any of your business?

I'm just questioning why they would spend money on something that clearly has nothing to do with why the money was raised. Is that wrong?

Odd you wouldn't wonder the samething. Is it just because you trust them without question?

ergo 15th July 2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10120014)
I'm just questioning why they would spend money on something that clearly has nothing to do with why the money was raised. Is that wrong?

Odd you wouldn't wonder the samething. Is it just because you trust them without question?

What are they doing that has nothing to do with their original purpose? What do you think they should be doing? I think your confusion probably stems from a lack of knowledge on the stated research goals.

DGM 15th July 2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10120028)
What are they doing that has nothing to do with their original purpose? What do you think they should be doing? I think your confusion probably stems from a lack of knowledge on the stated research goals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marks update
Money has been raise an tests have begun by independent lab technicians.

Labs have been surveyed for the capabilities they have, including some new capabilities in DSC and Raman (like FTIR).

Explain how this jibes with the original proposal?

This should be good watching you tap dance. You could actually start getting suspicious of their motives. :rolleyes:

DGM 15th July 2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Proposal:
Sample Preparation:
- Red/gray chip separation using optical microscopy and magnetic attraction to assist in isolation of particles of interest.
- Optical images of collected particulates as collected at appropriate magnifications to record condition as collected.
Sample Analysis:
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- FTIR analysis of organic components of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- ESCA small spot technique with argon ion sputter for depth profiling to definitively establish the presence of elemental aluminum within the red layer of the red/gray chips. Scans of gray layer also to be taken to add to information base.
- DSC analysis of red/gray chips focusing on exothermic/endothermic reactions near 400 degrees C. Some chips to be scanned in inert atmosphere and some in air or oxygen containing gas stream.
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of residual products of DSC analysis of red/gray chips.
- Optical images of reaction products after DSC experiments.
Quoted to make it easier to watch them try to wiggle out.

ergo 15th July 2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGM (Post 10120043)
You could actually start getting suspicious of their motives.

Maybe it's a conspiracy!

DGM 15th July 2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10120087)
Maybe it's a conspiracy!

I'm thinking it's more of a belief on the part of the supporters.

So, what part of this new direction has anything to do with the original proposal? Why is the truth so hard for you?

DGM 15th July 2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10120122)
Sure, you're just unable to explain what those quotes mean.

What part of his words don't you understand. I'll help you if you can be clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergo (Post 10120122)
Right. And when it's not a "scam", it's a "failure".

No idea why you would attempt to put these words in my mouth. I simply don't think Mark Basile is fully aware of what is happening to his (frankly) honest attempt at an independent study. I'm all for the proposal that was originally planned.