International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

Lurch 10th September 2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219408)
And right now there are a bunch of idiots gathered in Michigan waiting to hear more lies from Dear Leader. They just can't seem to get enough.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...a99bbd6174.jpg

Well, many of these peeps watch pro wrestling, which is just another violent soap opera.

shemp 10th September 2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219559)
Only an idiot would dress like that. I rest my case.

I want!

quadraginta 10th September 2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13218197)
I recognize hyperbole, but I'm not fond of equating poor dental health with conservative political viewpoints.

Trump's "there goes the neighborhood" tweet might be too blunt even for some supporters.


Anyone who is still supporting Trump at this point will agree with him about it.

quadraginta 10th September 2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13219352)
Trump knows about Watergate I suppose and he still let Woodward tape him.


After all this you still don't get it?

Trump doesn't care what he says or what people think about him. He's shown plenty of times that he will cheerfully deny having said things that he's been recorded or even videotaped saying.

Truth and facts mean nothing to him. Only what he can get his cultists to believe at this moment. The past is past. Even the present is irrelevant.

Ladewig 10th September 2020 09:36 PM

Did the campaign staff really play Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Son” (A song about how poor people fight in wars that rich people start) as Trump exited AF1 in Michigan?

Lyrics include

“It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no“

and

“ Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no”

The Great Zaganza 10th September 2020 09:52 PM

Trump tells it like it is - to Bob Wooward.

The rest of the US is too immature to handle the truth.

gypsyjackson 10th September 2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219438)
No, but there are a lot of repeat offenders. This guy at the Michigan rally is one. He's from San Diego:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...a9ea1778ec.jpg

I don’t have any fondness for building walls, but that is a fun suit. I wouldn’t pair it with a brick tie, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13219540)
And if you ever find yourself moved to dress like that, you can get your own suit for $79.99.
https://www.funidelia.com/off-the-wall-suit-30127.html

I think I would prefer it in cotton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219559)
Only an idiot would dress like that. I rest my case.

Hey, steady on.

SezMe 10th September 2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13219573)
Get back in the basket.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

SezMe 10th September 2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13219715)
Trump Tweets

On November 3rd, Michigan will decide whether we will quickly return to record prosperity—or whether we allow Sleepy Joe Biden to impose a $4 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX HIKE, ban American Energy, confiscate your guns, shutdown the economy, shutdown auto production, delay...

...the vaccine, destroy the suburbs, erase your borders, and indoctrinate your children with poisonous anti-American lies!

If Joe Biden is elected, far-left lunatics won’t just be running failed Dem Cities—they will be running the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Supreme Court. No city, town or suburb will be safe. On November 3rd, your vote will SAVE AMERICA!

There's roughly 60 days to the election. What *else* can Trump come up with that tops this list of disasters.




No, wait. Don't answer that question.

Stacyhs 10th September 2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13219715)
Trump Tweets

On November 3rd, Michigan will decide whether we will quickly return to record prosperity—or whether we allow Sleepy Joe Biden to impose a $4 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX HIKE, ban American Energy, confiscate your guns, shutdown the economy, shutdown auto production, delay...

...the vaccine, destroy the suburbs, erase your borders, and indoctrinate your children with poisonous anti-American lies!

If Joe Biden is elected, far-left lunatics won’t just be running failed Dem Cities—they will be running the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Supreme Court. No city, town or suburb will be safe. On November 3rd, your vote will SAVE AMERICA!

Now, who was it that was saying earlier that it's the liberals who are the fear mongers?

Stacyhs 10th September 2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13219827)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Only an idiot would dress like that. I rest my case.
Hey, steady on.

I stand by my post. And I bet Mexico didn't pay for it either.

Aridas 10th September 2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219849)
Now, who was it that was saying earlier that it's the liberals who are the fear mongers?

FFIW, Lupus looked more like he was engaging in whataboutism and trying to effectively deny that conservatives are far more driven by fear and anxiety than liberals, rather than say that only liberals are fearmongering. His general line of argument, after all, was one that only properly works if it's used to attack the claim that liberals aren't driven by fear at all, which would be nonsense anyways.

Firestone 10th September 2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219408)
And right now there are a bunch of idiots gathered in Michigan waiting to hear more lies from Dear Leader. They just can't seem to get enough.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...a99bbd6174.jpg

Kathy Gray (NYT correspondent) tweeted two pictures of these idiots, and ... was kicked out of the rally.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy Gray
I’ve just been kicked out of the trump rally.

First for me: Trump campaign tracked me down from pics i tweeted and escorted me out.

https://twitter.com/michpoligal/stat...02299896729600

Let's never forget that Libruls are snowflakes, though.

Aridas 11th September 2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13219874)
Kathy Gray (NYT correspondent) tweeted two pictures of these idiots, and ... was kicked out of the rally.


Let's never forget that Libruls are snowflakes, though.

And that conservatives are the ardent defenders of free speech. So ardent that criticism of Trump has far too frequently been a firing offense.

Aridas 11th September 2020 01:41 AM

Anyways... news.

Russian Intelligence Hackers Are Back, Microsoft Warns, Aiming at Officials of Both Parties

China is also growing more adept at targeting campaign workers. But contrary to Trump administration warnings, Beijing is mostly aiming at Biden campaign officials.


Looks like it's rather likely that Trump's corruption has spread deeply enough to falsely create a narrative that China wants Biden to win. For that matter...

Quote:

The Microsoft assessment may have complicated that finding because it found that Chinese hackers focused their attacks on the private email accounts of Mr. Biden’s campaign staff members, along with a range of other prominent people in academia and the national security establishment, including groups like the Atlantic Council and the Stimson Center.

Notably, only one of the Chinese targets detected by Microsoft was affiliated with Mr. Trump, a former administration official whom Microsoft declined to name.
I'm just going to hazard a guess that it was a former administration official that has spoken out against Trump.

Stacyhs 11th September 2020 02:06 AM

Not that these rally attendees are idiots, but one, when asked why he wasn't wearing a mask answered, "Because I can't hear what they're saying," and another one said "Because there is no Covid. It's all a hoax." Mensa candidates there, yessiree!

Jim_MDP 11th September 2020 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219958)
Not that these rally attendees are idiots, but one, when asked why he wasn't wearing a mask answered, "Because I can't hear what they're saying," ...

That's priceless. Right up there with Donald saying the mask made him look like the Lone Ranger.
[emoji53]

The Atheist 11th September 2020 03:00 AM

Who's more deluded, Trump, comparing himself to Churchill, or his supporters for listening to it?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6b48507fea447

The Don 11th September 2020 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Atheist (Post 13219985)
Who's more deluded, Trump, comparing himself to Churchill, or his supporters for listening to it?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6b48507fea447

Well the more the media repeat it, even if they try to debunk it, the more people are likely to believe it :(

Armitage72 11th September 2020 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13219715)
Trump Tweets

On November 3rd, Michigan will decide whether we will quickly return to record prosperity—or whether we allow Sleepy Joe Biden to impose a $4 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX HIKE, ban American Energy, confiscate your guns, shutdown the economy, shutdown auto production, delay...

...the vaccine, destroy the suburbs, erase your borders, and indoctrinate your children with poisonous anti-American lies!


Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria!

Monza 11th September 2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 13219558)
Probably the same outfit that sells the cheap Christmas suits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson (Post 13219827)
I don’t have any fondness for building walls, but that is a fun suit. I wouldn’t pair it with a brick tie, though.

I bought one of the Opposuits with the Christmas theme a couple years ago. Yes, they are cheaply made, but lots of fun. I wore it to my wife's company Christmas party at a senior living community. The residents loved it! Much better than dressing up in a regular suit with a Santa hat.

They have other themes available too. If they made one with masks printed all over it, I'd probably get it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219559)
Only an idiot would dress like that. I rest my case.

Oh. :(

Steve 11th September 2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monza (Post 13220083)
I bought one of the Opposuits with the Christmas theme a couple years ago. Yes, they are cheaply made, but lots of fun. I wore it to my wife's company Christmas party at a senior living community. The residents loved it! Much better than dressing up in a regular suit with a Santa hat.

They have other themes available too. If they made one with masks printed all over it, I'd probably get it.




Oh. :(

I was not being critical. They can be fun in the right circumstances. and they have to be cheaply made to sell. I have thought about getting one myself but they don't make them for short fat dudes.

pgwenthold 11th September 2020 05:57 AM

So apparently for Trump's rally last night, the played "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

Which is, literally, a song in opposition to people like Trump and their privilege due to the child of someone rich or famous (and using that to get out of Vietnam).

It's all about projection.

Firestone 11th September 2020 06:00 AM

Slight lack of self-awareness here:

“I don’t want to jump up and down and start screaming ‘Death! Death!’ because that’s not what it’s all about. We have to lead a country,” Trump told reporters. “There has to be a calmness.”

https://twitter.com/TracyJan/status/1304378236890161152

(This tweet obviously starts a thread with examples where there was something else than "calmness" in Trump's utterances.)

Would “There has to be a calmness - Biden-Harris 2020” work?

Steve 11th September 2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220090)
So apparently for Trump's rally last night, the played "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

Which is, literally, a song in opposition to people like Trump and their privilege due to the child of someone rich or famous (and using that to get out of Vietnam).

It's all about projection.

I don't know. Likely Trump is proud that he was born rich and was/is able to use that to avoid unpleasant things happening to him. He may view that song as displaying positive aspects of his life. Fits in with his **** the poor people outlook.

The Don 11th September 2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220090)
So apparently for Trump's rally last night, the played "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

Which is, literally, a song in opposition to people like Trump and their privilege due to the child of someone rich or famous (and using that to get out of Vietnam).

It's all about projection.

I'm surprised that John Fogerty allowed it to be used - or hasn't objected after the fact.

Darat 11th September 2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Atheist (Post 13219985)
Who's more deluded, Trump, comparing himself to Churchill, or his supporters for listening to it?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6b48507fea447

Well Churchill was an American so that's one thing they have in common, and both suffer/ed from debilitating mental illness as well.

alfaniner 11th September 2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13219874)
Kathy Gray (NYT correspondent) tweeted two pictures of these idiots, and ... was kicked out of the rally.


Let's never forget that Libruls are snowflakes, though.

I have wondered about this. Doesn't it go directly against the Constitution that government can't stifle free speech? It shouldn't matter whether or not she was a reporter. It wasn't a security issue, either. Same with Plaid Shirt Perplexed Reaction guy behind Trump at a rally a couple of years ago. One of his aides moved in, told him to leave, and took his spot. Wouldn't that be fodder for a lawsuit?

pgwenthold 11th September 2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13220116)
I'm surprised that John Fogerty allowed it to be used - or hasn't objected after the fact.

I'm sure they never asked him.

pgwenthold 11th September 2020 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 13220123)
I have wondered about this. Doesn't it go directly against the Constitution that government can't stifle free speech? It shouldn't matter whether or not she was a reporter. It wasn't a security issue, either. Same with Plaid Shirt Perplexed Reaction guy behind Trump at a rally a couple of years ago. One of his aides moved in, told him to leave, and took his spot. Wouldn't that be fodder for a lawsuit?

If this is a campaign event, it's not "government" and they can do what they want, except for those protected groups in the legal code.

The Don 11th September 2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220124)
I'm sure they never asked him.

For sure, but other artists including Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles and Adele have come out publicly to prevent President Trump from using their music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musici...of_their_music

IMO having your music used at a rally implies support for the cause.

Steve 11th September 2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13220116)
I'm surprised that John Fogerty allowed it to be used - or hasn't objected after the fact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220124)
I'm sure they never asked him.

Falls in to the general category of ethics. Trump and his people got none. They will take advantage of anybody and anything steal anything from anybody.

Ladewig 11th September 2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 13220100)
I don't know. Likely Trump is proud that he was born rich and was/is able to use that to avoid unpleasant things happening to him. He may view that song as displaying positive aspects of his life. Fits in with his **** the poor people outlook.

I figure President Trump is far too culturally illiterate to be choosing songs for events. That and his considering himself far too important to do that.

So I suspect there were four possible reasons for the aides to choose this song.
They were trying to troll the libruls (haw, haw)
They were mocking Trump.
They thought it would be cool to play a song that included the line “when they play ‘Hail to the Chief’”
They really were that completely clueless.

pgwenthold 11th September 2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13220150)
I figure President Trump is far too culturally illiterate to be choosing songs for events. That and his considering himself far too important to do that.

So I suspect there were four possible reasons for the aides to choose this song.
They were trying to troll the libruls (haw, haw)
They were mocking Trump.
They thought it would be cool to play a song that included the line “when they play ‘Hail to the Chief’”
They really were that completely clueless.

I mean, Reagan played Born in the USA by Springsteen.

It's possible to be "that completely clueless."

shuttlt 11th September 2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13220150)
I figure President Trump is far too culturally illiterate to be choosing songs for events. That and his considering himself far too important to do that.

So I suspect there were four possible reasons for the aides to choose this song.
They were trying to troll the libruls (haw, haw)
They were mocking Trump.
They thought it would be cool to play a song that included the line “when they play ‘Hail to the Chief’”
They really were that completely clueless.

It could also be that they see themselves as anti-establishment, anti-elite, hence the song is intended as a fairly literal evocation of the spirit of the audience. Plus with Trump pulling more troops home, maybe there is a connection there also. I guess one could argue that they may be trying to link trump to the ordinary soldier to push back against the recent attacks on him.

Segnosaur 11th September 2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220154)
I mean, Reagan played Born in the USA by Springsteen.

Yeah but does anyone know the words to that song, apart from its catch phrases/title "Born in the USA, born and bread in the USA".

phiwum 11th September 2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13219559)
Only an idiot would dress like that. I rest my case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13219734)
I want!

Now I'm puzzled. Did Stacy implicitly call Shemp an idiot, thereby violating the rules?

I ask, because I was tempted to quote both posts and reply "Idiot!" and realized that I'd get dinged for drawing the logical conclusion. So if Stacy isn't guilty of a personal attack on Shemp, the two of them have laid a devious trap for the unwary.

Paul2 11th September 2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13219847)
There's roughly 60 days to the election. What *else* can Trump come up with that tops this list of disasters.




No, wait. Don't answer that question.

We have not begun to see the what they've got planned. Strap yourself in, it's gonna be bumpy.

phiwum 11th September 2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 13220123)
I have wondered about this. Doesn't it go directly against the Constitution that government can't stifle free speech? It shouldn't matter whether or not she was a reporter. It wasn't a security issue, either. Same with Plaid Shirt Perplexed Reaction guy behind Trump at a rally a couple of years ago. One of his aides moved in, told him to leave, and took his spot. Wouldn't that be fodder for a lawsuit?

A campaign event is not an official government function, so I don't see why a sitting president couldn't eject folks from his own event.

Of course, Trump has worked hard to make the difference between governmental and campaign functions hard to spot, but in this case it's fairly clear. This was a campaign rally (but I bet some government bucks were illegitimately spent on it, just because).

Safe-Keeper 11th September 2020 08:19 AM

I don't know when the polls at FiveThirtyEight are conducted, but the poll was last updated today. Approval ratings are holding steady at 41-43%.

Remember: MAGA hat = swastika at this point.

pgwenthold 11th September 2020 08:42 AM

Did you see the video of the President reading the Pledge of Allegiance off the teleprompter this morning? He kind of spoke along with it, but seems to have skipped the 'Under God' part.

Then again, Melania didn't even bother trying.

Just to make it clear, I don't care about anyone reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, and I wouldn't care if the President and the first lady just sat and scanned Twitter on their phone during it. But I'm not the one whining about how they took the pledge out of the DNC or otherwise worshipping the flag.

Imagine if Obama had to use the teleprompter to say the pledge or if Michelle didn't bother?

ferd burfle 11th September 2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul2 (Post 13220216)
We have not begun to see the what they've got planned. Strap yourself in, it's gonna be bumpy.


Or in the prophetic words of Samuel L Jackson, “Hold onto your butts!”

https://youtu.be/HKK4KmDlj8U

shemp 11th September 2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phiwum (Post 13220212)
Now I'm puzzled. Did Stacy implicitly call Shemp an idiot, thereby violating the rules?

I ask, because I was tempted to quote both posts and reply "Idiot!" and realized that I'd get dinged for drawing the logical conclusion. So if Stacy isn't guilty of a personal attack on Shemp, the two of them have laid a devious trap for the unwary.

Dammit, we almost got him Stacy!

Ladewig 11th September 2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttlt (Post 13220163)
It could also be that they see themselves as anti-establishment, anti-elite, hence the song is intended as a fairly literal evocation of the spirit of the audience. Plus with Trump pulling more troops home, maybe there is a connection there also. I guess one could argue that they may be trying to link trump to the ordinary soldier to push back against the recent attacks on him.

Oh, come on. For them to think that that would work, the campaign would have to believe that Trump supporters were numbskulls who would twist themselves into mental pretzels to blindly support Trump.


OK. I see your point.

.

ETA
I came across one saying that Trump’s approach to the pandemic was the right one because the doctors told him to not panic the public.
.

RolandRat 11th September 2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13219874)
Kathy Gray (NYT correspondent) tweeted two pictures of these idiots, and ... was kicked out of the rally.


Let's never forget that Libruls are snowflakes, though.

There's a thing on that Twitter that says she was booted because she didn't have press credentials and was there as a "general guest". Staff apparently informed her she could stay as a guest if she didn't act as press. She chose to continue acting as press so she was asked to leave.

"Gray told Bridge Magazine that she had missed the deadline to get credentials but had tried multiple times to contact the campaign to get them after that and received no response.

She acknowledged that she entered the general admission section of the rally because she didn't have the campaign-issued media credentials.

"They said because I was using my work Twitter account and since I didn't have media credentials I couldn't be working there, and I had to leave," Gray told Bridge"

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/poli...ly/3464799001/

Captain_Swoop 11th September 2020 10:39 AM

trump Tweets

In 2001, our Nation, united under God, made an unbreakable promise never to forget the nearly 3,000 innocent Americans who were senselessly killed on September 11th. On this sacred day — Patriot Day — we solemnly honor that commitment.

Captain_Swoop 11th September 2020 10:42 AM

"I think there's probably, possibly drugs involved. That's what I hear." says Trump during interview with Judge Jeanine,.
Trump casually accuses Joe Biden of using performance enhancing drugs

The Don 11th September 2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13220444)
"I think there's probably, possibly drugs involved. That's what I hear." says Trump during interview with Judge Jeanine,.
Trump casually accuses Joe Biden of using performance enhancing drugs

More projection methinks

Captain_Swoop 11th September 2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13220279)
Then again, Melania didn't even bother trying.

Are you saying that the First Lady doesn't pledge her allegiance?

Safe-Keeper 11th September 2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13220442)
trump Tweets

In 2001, our Nation, united under God, made an unbreakable promise never to forget the nearly 3,000 innocent Americans who were senselessly killed on September 11th. On this sacred day — Patriot Day — we solemnly honor that commitment.

Oh look, someone got ahold of Trump's phone while he was passed out again.

I suppose they've hidden it, too, and pretend they don't know where it is, so now Trump's looking everywhere for it so he can write something about the beautiful day his tower became the tallest in New York City.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.