International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

kevbo 24th July 2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13548153)
I hope every single one of these politicians and pundits who has been anti-Covid vaccination gets Covid and ends up in the hospital on a ventilator.

I normally don't wish I'll on anyone, but I've had it with deplorables. I agree. **** 'em.

Stacyhs 24th July 2021 06:19 PM

Some, mostly Republicans, are refusing to say whether they've been vaccinated or not. This tells me they either have been but don't want people to know for 'reasons' or they haven't been. If they have been and aren't among the idiots who are scaremongering, they have no reason not to say they've been vaccinated.

kevbo 24th July 2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13548203)
Some, mostly Republicans, are refusing to say whether they've been vaccinated or not. This tells me they either have been but don't want people to know for 'reasons' or they haven't been. If they have been and aren't among the idiots who are scaremongering, they have no reason not to say they've been vaccinated.

I agree, their 'reasons' are quite often not honest. Then, when they use HIPAA as an excuse it just further demonstrates their dishonesty and/or ignorance about HIPAA. Anyone can give their medical information out by choice. It is only against HIPAA if you don't give permission. Deplorables, every one of them.

smartcooky 25th July 2021 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13548177)
..... That plenty of exercise is the best way to ensure you don't contract Covid-19?

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

When you're a Crossfit freak, everything looks like an exercise problem!

Belz... 25th July 2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13548153)
I hope every single one of these politicians and pundits who has been anti-Covid vaccination gets Covid and ends up in the hospital on a ventilator.

I hope they end up in a coffin.

People who get others killed shouldn't even be here to do it.

shemp 25th July 2021 11:15 AM

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says She’d Deport Chinese People If She Could

Quote:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to do the Red Scare all over again—this time with Chinese citizens living in the United States, after a year in which Asian-Americans have been targeted with harassment and even violence due to misplaced rage over COVID-19.

Greene went on former Trump White House chief strategist Steve Bannon’s show on Wednesday to proclaim that if she could, she would deport Chinese citizens deemed insufficiently loyal to the United States.

“The Chinese understand one thing and that is money. If I was in charge and I had my way, I would come down on China so hard,” Greene told Bannon. “I would put tariffs back in place and they would be more strict than [former] President [Donald] Trump’s because those tariffs worked.”



Stacyhs 25th July 2021 12:48 PM

Why should Chinese citizens be loyal to the US? Are Americans working in foreign countries expected to be loyal to those countries? When I worked in Germany, I was still an American and loyal to my own country, not to Germany.

And I see that, like Trump, MTG doesn't understand how tariffs work.

RecoveringYuppy 25th July 2021 01:13 PM

Did Bannon single out Jack Ma for any reason beyond him being a well known name? He's not exactly the epitome of loyalty to the CCP.

Norman Alexander 25th July 2021 02:44 PM

By-the-by, how are MTG's articles of impeachment against Biden going?

dudalb 25th July 2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13548666)
Why should Chinese citizens be loyal to the US? Are Americans working in foreign countries expected to be loyal to those countries? When I worked in Germany, I was still an American and loyal to my own country, not to Germany.

And I see that, like Trump, MTG doesn't understand how tariffs work.

Hey, I could make just as strong a case for Russian Citizens in the US to be deproted....

Of course racism is behind this. You have to wonder if MTG would not like to deport Chinese Americans who are citiznes as well.
And , a great many Chinese Citiznes n the US are here because they wanted out of China.

I am sure there is actual espionage by the Chinese Government going on, I am also sure the FBI and other Federal law enfrocemnt are perfectly capable of handling it wtthout mass deportations.
I bet MTG thinks the Round up of Japanese Americans during Wolrld War 2 was a wonderful idea.

dudalb 25th July 2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo (Post 13548180)
I normally don't wish I'll on anyone, but I've had it with deplorables. I agree. **** 'em.

I think it is rapidly becoming a Us or Them situation with these crazies.

Stacyhs 25th July 2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13548764)
By-the-by, how are MTG's articles of impeachment against Biden going?

About as well as Trump's efforts to be reinstated as the 'real' president.

Norman Alexander 25th July 2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13548784)
I think it is rapidly becoming a Us or Them situation with these crazies.

If the deplorables are "Them" and they insist on trying to infect themselves with a deadly disease, then I would not be fighting their urges. As more and more of "Us" stay safer, more and more of "Them" kill themselves. Perhaps the best and only thing to do now is wave them goodbye as the fall into the trashcan of history.

mgidm86 25th July 2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo (Post 13548180)
I normally don't wish I'll on anyone, but I've had it with deplorables. I agree. **** 'em.

I just commented in another thread about how myself and others here are starting to publicly say things like this. The right is going to realize that the left are getting sick of it, see the danger in it, and are not going to be pushovers.

The right has nothing but lies and hate. They have shown to be cowards when push comes to shove.

kevbo 25th July 2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13548843)
If the deplorables are "Them" and they insist on trying to infect themselves with a deadly disease, then I would not be fighting their urges. As more and more of "Us" stay safer, more and more of "Them" kill themselves. Perhaps the best and only thing to do now is wave them goodbye as the fall into the trashcan of history.

Just be sure to put the lid back on the can once it is full. Don't want something in the wee hours before sunrise knocking it over and pulling who knows what out all over history's driveway.

newyorkguy 25th July 2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13548764)
By-the-by, how are MTG's articles of impeachment against Biden going?

The resolution Greene introduced in January, "H.Res. 57: Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors," I don't think it went anywhere. She introduced it, no one was willing to co-sponsor it, there was never any floor discussion but it probably still 'exists.'

Greene is still at it. I believe she claims to be planning on re-introducing a resolution to impeach Biden. She is also circulating an on-line petition for Biden's impeachment. She makes all kinds of charges. One is, Greene says Biden is "caving to China after they unleashed a virus on America." Friday she told a Republican women's group in Alabama that impeaching President Biden was one of her "three favorite things." (Expelling Maxine Waters from Congress and getting Dr. Anthony Fauci fired are the other two.)

The Republican women applauded her which is, I'm sure, the whole point.

Stacyhs 25th July 2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13548869)
The resolution Greene introduced in January, "H.Res. 57: Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors," I don't think it went anywhere. She introduced it, no one was willing to co-sponsor it, there was never any floor discussion but it probably still 'exists.'

Greene is still at it. I believe she claims to be planning on re-introducing a resolution to impeach Biden. She is also circulating an on-line petition for Biden's impeachment. She makes all kinds of charges. One is, Greene says Biden is "caving to China after they unleashed a virus on America." Friday she told a Republican women's group in Alabama that impeaching President Biden was one of her "three favorite things." (Expelling Maxine Waters from Congress and getting Dr. Anthony Fauci fired are the other two.)

The Republican women applauded her which is, I'm sure, the whole point.

Certain people are beyond educating because stupid is just stupid and you can't fix stupid.

Hellbound 26th July 2021 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13548887)
Certain people are beyond educating because stupid is just stupid and you can't fix stupid.


True. Even duct tape can’t fix stupid ( but proper application can muffle the noise).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveAitch 26th July 2021 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbound (Post 13549093)
True. Even duct tape can’t fix stupid ( but proper application can muffle the noise).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e91531e99b.jpg

Tero 26th July 2021 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13548598)

Quote:

“I would put tariffs back in place and they would be more strict than [former] President [Donald] Trump’s because those tariffs worked.”
And the Trump tariffs worked so well. Farmers here had to be bailed out when China quit buying soybean.

Wonder how they get past these trumpsters with the fantastic claims that came out of Trump or Greene. Oh yeah, brains. You need brains.

Norman Alexander 26th July 2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tero (Post 13549141)
And the Trump tariffs worked so well. Farmers here had to be bailed out when China quit buying soybean.

Wonder how they get past these trumpsters with the fantastic claims that came out of Trump or Greene. Oh yeah, brains. You need brains.

Let her do it. And call the bill the "Marjorie Taylor Green Retaliatory Tariff Bill" in her honour. Publicise the bill's name and her name in the conservative media, especially among the MAGAchuds. See how that all pans out if it ever passes and she sinks the US rural economy which is already doing it tough like Donny tried to do.

gnome 26th July 2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13549263)
Let her do it. And call the bill the "Marjorie Taylor Green Retaliatory Tariff Bill" in her honour. Publicise the bill's name and her name in the conservative media, especially among the MAGAchuds. See how that all pans out if it ever passes and she sinks the US rural economy which is already doing it tough like Donny tried to do.

There's that idea again of hoping someone screws up so much that people don't vote for them. It clearly doesn't work, and just means we got a screw up in the bargain.

Segnosaur 26th July 2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13549263)
Let her do it. And call the bill the "Marjorie Taylor Green Retaliatory Tariff Bill" in her honour. Publicise the bill's name and her name in the conservative media, especially among the MAGAchuds. See how that all pans out if it ever passes and she sinks the US rural economy which is already doing it tough like Donny tried to do.

The problem is, for that to actually be damaging to her, the people in the rural economy would have to understand the connection between tariffs and the collapsing economy.

Trump brought in tariffs. It was obvious that Trump was the one doing it. It actually increased the trade deficit and caused significant economic disruption. And yet he still managed to get high support from rural areas.

It would be even less effective to tie MTG to tariffs, since the economy is bounding back after the combination of Covid and Stubby McBonespurs, so the economy would likely continue growing (even if tariffs are slowing that growth.)

Norman Alexander 26th July 2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13549753)
The problem is, for that to actually be damaging to her, the people in the rural economy would have to understand the connection between tariffs and the collapsing economy.

Trump brought in tariffs. It was obvious that Trump was the one doing it. It actually increased the trade deficit and caused significant economic disruption. And yet he still managed to get high support from rural areas.

It would be even less effective to tie MTG to tariffs, since the economy is bounding back after the combination of Covid and Stubby McBonespurs, so the economy would likely continue growing (even if tariffs are slowing that growth.)

Not actually the case. They know full well what was done and who did this. The only beneficiaries are Big Agribusiness, not the smaller farmers. The smallholders are living that pain, and now the COVID crisis on top of that. So if MTG wants to increase tariffs, a lot of pitchforks will start to be sharpened.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-08-2...CJO/index.html

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ways-overcome/

Segnosaur 26th July 2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13549932)
Quote:

Trump brought in tariffs. It was obvious that Trump was the one doing it. It actually increased the trade deficit and caused significant economic disruption. And yet he still managed to get high support from rural areas.

It would be even less effective to tie MTG to tariffs, since the economy is bounding back after the combination of Covid and Stubby McBonespurs, so the economy would likely continue growing (even if tariffs are slowing that growth.)
Not actually the case. They know full well what was done and who did this. The only beneficiaries are Big Agribusiness, not the smaller farmers. The smallholders are living that pain, and now the COVID crisis on top of that. So if MTG wants to increase tariffs, a lot of pitchforks will start to be sharpened.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-08-2...CJO/index.html

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ways-overcome/

I am not denying that the Trump administration caused harm among rural voters.

I'm saying that for whatever reason, those rural voters still voted for Trump in 2020, even after the hardships caused by the Trump administration and their tariff-happy ways.

From: Politico
Roughly two-thirds of rural voters across the country cast their ballots for Trump

Norman Alexander 26th July 2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13549982)
I am not denying that the Trump administration caused harm among rural voters.

I'm saying that for whatever reason, those rural voters still voted for Trump in 2020, even after the hardships caused by the Trump administration and their tariff-happy ways.

From: Politico
Roughly two-thirds of rural voters across the country cast their ballots for Trump

A more correct title would have been "More than two-thirds of rural voters did not vote for Democrats due to poor messaging".

You should read the rest of that article. Then imagine what would happen if MTG implemented tariffs. It would be a suicide note.

Segnosaur 26th July 2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13550001)
Quote:

I'm saying that for whatever reason, those rural voters still voted for Trump in 2020, even after the hardships caused by the Trump administration and their tariff-happy ways.

From: Politico
Roughly two-thirds of rural voters across the country cast their ballots for Trump
A more correct title would have been "More than two-thirds of rural voters did not vote for Democrats due to poor messaging".

The republicans didn't really have much of a message either.

Plus, in my opinion, if people were so decimated by the tariffs, voters should have been willing to switch to the democrats regardless of their 'messaging'.
Quote:

You should read the rest of that article.
I did read the article.

It was an opinion piece. (Normally I don't use those as a reference, but it had the simplest reference to Trump's success in rural areas in a main stream site, so I used it.) Furthermore, it was an opinion piece by a Democrat, who probably felt it was necessary not to engage in any negative characterization of republican voters.

I have always found the whole 'messaging' thing to be a bit.... weak. After all, Biden wasn't exactly hiding his plans... he wanted to improve schools and health care in rural areas, do some infrastructure projects, and fix issues with trade. He told them "this is what we want to do for you" (which is pretty clear messaging), and they rejected him in order to vote for a racist con-artist who got involved in trade wars which harmed their ability to earn a living.
Quote:

Then imagine what would happen if MTG implemented tariffs. It would be a suicide note.
I still don't see why you think MTG would be harmed politically from bringing in Tariffs when Trump wasn't. They'd be doing the same thing. (The only difference is, MTG would be a congress critter and not the president, which makes it easier to shift the blame even more.)

Norman Alexander 27th July 2021 12:52 AM

Because they haven't recovered from the first belting from Donny's tariffs, and a lot more of them will be ultra-sensitive to a second round of the same but worse. Even ingrained rusted-on better-dead-than-Dem GOP voters will falter.

The Don 27th July 2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13550124)
Because they haven't recovered from the first belting from Donny's tariffs, and a lot more of them will be ultra-sensitive to a second round of the same but worse. Even ingrained rusted-on better-dead-than-Dem GOP voters will falter.

That assumes that they will be able to join the dots and link the tariffs to their economic woes. The trouble is that the media consume, and/or the people they interact with would never give that information. Instead they are told repeatedly that all of their woes are due to The Democrats/immigrants/China (delete as applicable).

Whatever message the Democrats come up with will be discounted by those same media sources - which is not to say that the Democrats shouldn't try, jus that success will likely be unlikely.

Norman Alexander 27th July 2021 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13550144)
That assumes that they will be able to join the dots and link the tariffs to their economic woes. The trouble is that the media consume, and/or the people they interact with would never give that information. Instead they are told repeatedly that all of their woes are due to The Democrats/immigrants/China (delete as applicable).

Whatever message the Democrats come up with will be discounted by those same media sources - which is not to say that the Democrats shouldn't try, jus that success will likely be unlikely.

Of course! It's not a foregone conclusion that the Dems will simply romp it in on the back of all the calamity the GOP caused. But Jan-6 has had an effect. Some of these people are seeing themselves in the mirror for the first time. And to begin to question is the doorway to a change of heart.

Then again, they also seem to be committing a combination of the Sunk Cost Fallacy and the Gambler's Fallacy: The family has voted GOP for generations, and even though this has has done nothing but lose the farm and ruin the family business and prospects to date, sooner or later voting GOP must surely pay off big time because they keep being told it will. So they will do it again next time!

The Don 27th July 2021 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13550279)
Of course! It's not a foregone conclusion that the Dems will simply romp it in on the back of all the calamity the GOP caused. But Jan-6 has had an effect. Some of these people are seeing themselves in the mirror for the first time. And to begin to question is the doorway to a change of heart.

Then again, they also seem to be committing a combination of the Sunk Cost Fallacy and the Gambler's Fallacy: The family has voted GOP for generations, and even though this has has done nothing but lose the farm and ruin the family business and prospects to date, sooner or later voting GOP must surely pay off big time because they keep being told it will. So they will do it again next time!

....not least because they have been told that voting for the Democratic party will mean that they'll lose the farm/business because of "death taxes", that they'll be overrun with illegal immigrants (but not the nice kind who have been working on their farm or for their business), BLM will completely undermine the forces of law and order and that any chance of the GOP-led recovery which is just around the corner will be lost. :rolleyes:

Norman Alexander 27th July 2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13550307)
....not least because they have been told that voting for the Democratic party will mean that they'll lose the farm/business because of "death taxes", that they'll be overrun with illegal immigrants (but not the nice kind who have been working on their farm or for their business), BLM will completely undermine the forces of law and order and that any chance of the GOP-led recovery which is just around the corner will be lost. :rolleyes:

And would they like to sell their little farm to Giant AgriBiz at pennies in the dollar of its real value? Everyone else is!

ponderingturtle 27th July 2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13550001)
A more correct title would have been "More than two-thirds of rural voters did not vote for Democrats due to poor messaging".

You should read the rest of that article. Then imagine what would happen if MTG implemented tariffs. It would be a suicide note.

So they were won over by the message of the policy of what ever Trump wants?

Seems like something that should be supported. It seems more likely that they voted to trigger the libs and will be shocked shocked that they might be in the people hurt in addition to the people that the party is supposed to hurt.

Norman Alexander 27th July 2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 13550388)
So they were won over by the message of the policy of what ever Trump wants?

I think it is more like "Let's keep voting GOP until they get it right".

Quote:

Seems like something that should be supported. It seems more likely that they voted to trigger the libs and will be shocked shocked that they might be in the people hurt in addition to the people that the party is supposed to hurt.
That is the lesson some of them are learning, the hard way.

The Don 27th July 2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13550445)
I think it is more like "Let's keep voting GOP until they get it right".

That is the lesson some of them are learning, the hard way.

tbh, the same thing is happening here in the UK. People are voted for the Conservative Party in 2015, 2017 and 2019 because they wanted change from the failing policies of the Conservative Party :boggled:

Thanks to the mishandling of Covid (with the notable exception of the vaccine rollout over which the government had little direct control) and the omnishambles that is Brexit, those same people are even worse off than they were back in 2010 when the Conservatives came to power as the senior partner in a coalition. :(

kookbreaker 27th July 2021 11:42 AM

MTG was run out of her “Sympathy for the imprisoned terrorists” rally by counter protesters.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...068781058?s=21

Dragon 27th July 2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13550658)
MTG was run out of her “Sympathy for the imprisoned terrorists” rally by counter protesters.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...068781058?s=21

On one of the protestors placards -

"JAN 6 WAS AN INSIDE JOB"

:D

dudalb 27th July 2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13550658)
MTG was run out of her “Sympathy for the imprisoned terrorists” rally by counter protesters.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...068781058?s=21

That was a thing of beauty to watch.
Only thing missing was the "Ballad Of Sir Robin" from the Python Holy Grail in the background:

"Sir Robin bravely marched to the fight, then bravely ran away"...

Norman Alexander 27th July 2021 03:14 PM

Bravely confronting the libs and the Dems...


Where'd she go...?

mgidm86 27th July 2021 03:31 PM

If only all the Trump loving voters could see that video. Most will not. My conservative family members, I kid you not, did not know who MTG was until I showed them very recently.

Email from my sister today in response to the Trump "router" quote, plus some other doozies:

Quote:

None of this has anything to do with Biden’s mental health or cognitive impairment/decline. Biden can barely string together a coherent sentence. Not even going to entertain that there is a comparison here.
Wow, ya. My response: "if you say so"

I wote back a short one saying look I don't care if you hate the libs, it just bothers me to think you and others in my family might still be a Trump fan. Are you?

We'll see how that goes. Sigh I can't stand this.

And a lot of the family do see it now, but they STILL watch FOX, still think the libs are worse.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.