International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

Norman Alexander 2nd December 2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13670371)
This stuff is great. On the one hand we have a discussion of how dems need to arm themselves to protect themselves from this gop threat. On the other hand, we have dems wishing death upon gop members.

Huh? :confused:

Quote:

At some point you might think a moment of introspective thought might occur.
They're MAGA. Your hopes are misfounded in the extreme.

Warp12 2nd December 2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13670411)
Huh? :confused:

You would need to skim through the prior page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey (Post 13669046)
People like Omar and AOC would probably be well advised to learn some basic martial arts or arm themselves to be able to defend themselves from some assault/political stunt by these losers.

I believe you were even part of that discussion.

Norman Alexander 2nd December 2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13670419)
I believe you were even part of that discussion.

Ah, I see. Being "in the discussion" means "I support every notion discussed". Got it. :rolleyes:

bruto 2nd December 2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13670419)
You would need to skim through the prior page.



I believe you were even part of that discussion.

And were there no opinions broached in that discussion other than the extremes you cite?

Warp12 2nd December 2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13670466)
And were there no opinions broached in that discussion other than the extremes you cite?

Who said that? I was specifically commenting on the extremes being port forth on the same page. Of course, a small group can't be representative of everyone. There are always going to be outliers and extremists. Sometimes around here it is hard to tell which is which.

As they say, if the shoe fits...

bruto 3rd December 2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13670478)
Who said that? I was specifically commenting on the extremes being port forth on the same page. Of course, a small group can't be representative of everyone. There are always going to be outliers and extremists. Sometimes around here it is hard to tell which is which.

As they say, if the shoe fits...

In other words. saying a person was a part of a discussion actually means nothing, but you just had to say it anyway.

Warp12 3rd December 2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13670731)
In other words. saying a person was a part of a discussion actually means nothing, but you just had to say it anyway.

No. In other words he already knew the source material that was being referenced, despite implying otherwise.

slyjoe 5th December 2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
Tell me you're really stupid without saying you're really stupid.

Quote Tweet
Quote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
· Dec 4
1. Every single year more than 600,000 people in the US die from cancer.

The country has never once shut down.

Not a single school has closed.

And every year, over 600,000 people, of all ages and all races will continue to die from cancer.

MTG latest Twitter post, with a typical response.

Warp12 5th December 2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13672411)
MTG latest Twitter post, with a typical response.

That is pretty funny. :D

Foster Zygote 5th December 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13672411)
MTG latest Twitter post, with a typical response.

Oh my!

trustbutverify 5th December 2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13672411)
MTG latest Twitter post, with a typical response.

That can't be for real.

Norman Alexander 5th December 2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13670735)
No. In other words he already knew the source material that was being referenced, despite implying otherwise.

In other words = something you made up to argue with. There's a name for that. ;)

kookbreaker 5th December 2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13672549)
That can't be for real.

Why? The COVID lovers have been making comparisons to uninfectious conditions since almost the beginning?

trustbutverify 5th December 2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13672618)
Why? The COVID lovers have been making comparisons to uninfectious conditions since almost the beginning?

This blatantly/moronically, on this high a stage? I'm not saying no, but it seems hard to believe.

kookbreaker 5th December 2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13672627)
This blatantly/moronically, on this high a stage? I'm not saying no, but it seems hard to believe.

You do realize she is very, very, very stupid, right?

trustbutverify 5th December 2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13672628)
You do realize she is very, very, very stupid, right?

Yes. Still...

kookbreaker 5th December 2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13672629)
Yes. Still...

Her fans have been saying crap like this for months as well, she’s just doing the same.

It’s also possible she is one of those GQP Neanderthals who think Cancer is contagious. I wouldn’t doubt she’d ban a cancer patient from her gym.

Stacyhs 5th December 2021 02:41 PM

The only other people I've seen work so hard to firmly establish their ignorance/stupidity are D. J. Trump and Lauren Boebert. At this, they are all highly successful.

bruto 5th December 2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13672416)
That is pretty funny. :D

Why is it funny? deleted. Did I miss something about the tweet that says it was not Greene who made it?

I was going to say that I don't understand why anyone would find it funny, if Greene actually said something that thunderously stupid, misleading and, under the circumstances, morally wrong. Certain posters here have complained of moral vacuity and the like in certain threads, and some have pointed out that immorality depends in part on its effect on others. Lying to others, especially about medical matters which might kill them, seems to fit that pretty well. Far more than cheering when a hated enemy dies from an agency not one's own.

Of course one is free to believe MTG is not lying, and is actually that stupid and thoughtless, making her a somewhat less immoral idiot.

Or do you think it's funny that some here actually believe that cancer is not a contagious disease?

Do, pray tell, what's funny about this?

Warp12 5th December 2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13672715)
Why is it funny? deleted. Did I miss something about the tweet that says it was not Greene who made it?

I was going to say that I don't understand why anyone would find it funny, if Greene actually said something that thunderously stupid, misleading and, under the circumstances, morally wrong. Certain posters here have complained of moral vacuity and the like in certain threads, and some have pointed out that immorality depends in part on its effect on others. Lying to others, especially about medical matters which might kill them, seems to fit that pretty well. Far more than cheering when a hated enemy dies from an agency not one's own.

Of course one is free to believe MTG is not lying, and is actually that stupid and thoughtless, making her a somewhat less immoral idiot.

Or do you think it's funny that some here actually believe that cancer is not a contagious disease?

Do, pray tell, what's funny about this?

Takei's response.

slyjoe 5th December 2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13672549)
That can't be for real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13672618)
Why? The COVID lovers have been making comparisons to uninfectious conditions since almost the beginning?

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13672627)
This blatantly/moronically, on this high a stage? I'm not saying no, but it seems hard to believe.

Read it and weep.
https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-tayl...133635630.html

trustbutverify 5th December 2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13672780)

I believe she said it. I just can't believe she said it.

Resume 5th December 2021 05:04 PM

Whether she is really this stupid, or just playing stupid to appeal to her base, she is still a grifter, and apparently a successful one.

Trebuchet 5th December 2021 05:25 PM

Has she nominated Ethan Crumbley for the Congressional Medal of Freedom yet? It's only a matter of time.

newyorkguy 5th December 2021 08:20 PM

From Marj-
Quote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 @mtgreenee
American Heart Association:
We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination. Twitter link
Greene is actually quoting a statement made in the Circulation journal. What the American Heart Association really said was pretty much the reverse. From Forbes:
Quote:

A research abstract was published on November 8 in the medical journal Circulation...However, there has been some drama around this abstract and its being short on a little thing called “evidence” to support such claims. In fact, on November 24, an American Heart Association committee added an “Expression of Concern” warning due to “potential errors in the abstract.Forbes link
What a liar Greene is. :(

Fidelio 5th December 2021 08:41 PM

It's only a "lie" if you know it to be false. So yeah, (sciencey words...)

Translation: My only experience with science was when a boiled egg was sucked through the neck of a glass milk bottle to prove the existence of angels.

bruto 5th December 2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13672776)
Takei's response.

Point taken, as I'm pretty sure it's a challenge Greene does not even understand.

slyjoe 6th December 2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13673021)
Point taken, as I'm pretty sure it's a challenge Greene does not even understand.

She actually probably does - IIRC, it's a TikTok meme. "Tell me X without tellng me X".

bruto 6th December 2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13673177)
She actually probably does - IIRC, it's a TikTok meme. "Tell me X without tellng me X".

A shorthand way of saying her statements are indefensible. The only way she could contend that she's not a very great idiot is to admit that she is an even greater hypocrite.

MRC_Hans 6th December 2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13673208)
A shorthand way of saying her statements are indefensible. The only way she could contend that she's not a very great idiot is to admit that she is an even greater hypocrite.

I don't think she even cares if it makes sense. It just seems to support what she wants and that is enough. We all know such people exist; the scary thing is that there are so many of them.

Thing is, they have always been there. Lots of the things claimed by religions are quite as silly. I guess a lot of people find themselves hard put to understand reality, and unable to do much about it anyway, so they might as well embrace a nice fantasy. It won't impact their reality either way, so why worry?

Hans

sackett 6th December 2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13672906)
Has she nominated Ethan Crumbley for the Congressional Medal of Freedom yet? It's only a matter of time.

You think you're joking. I think you're joking. We all think you're joking.

But I don't claim that everybody would think you're joking. We live in a Hieronymus Bosch world now, and nothing is too monstrous to appear.

I'm joking, of course, I think.

Armitage72 7th December 2021 07:11 AM

MTG was one of several right-wing politicians and pundits to declare that a white nationalist rally in DC over the weekend was staged by the Feds. She's never seen "patriot" groups wearing khakis, so they must be fake.

Quote:

In December 2021, members of a white nationalist group known as Patriot Front marched at the Lincoln Memorial and other parts of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., wearing face coverings and an improvised uniform of khaki pants and dark blue jackets, and carrying shields and American flags.
Quote:

U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., described the men shown in one video as “movie characters”:

“No Patriot group I’ve ever seen wears khakis, Stormtrooper knee pads, and covers their faces like they’re scared. Just more movie characters.”

(The funny part is Jacob Wohl saying that they must be Feds because they were unusually slim. He knows his audience.)

carlitos 7th December 2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dummerer than a bag of boeberts
No Patriot group I’ve ever seen wears khakis

The New Uniform of White Supremacy
In Charlottesville, demonstrators turned out in polos and khakis. But their seemingly innocuous clothes spoke volumes.

why white supremacists are co-opting khaki pants
In the leadup to the Unite the Right rally on August 11, neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin, who runs the hate site the Daily Stormer, put out a call for white supremacists attending the march to look "appealing" in an effort to attract "normal" people. "Do not look scraggly," he emphasized, after providing a detailed dress code that recommended button-up shirts and well-cut pants (strictly no shorts). He ended his PSA:

"I cannot stress the point hard enough – I'm hitting italics again – we need to be extremely conscious of what we look like, and how we present ourselves. That matters more than our ideas. If that is sad to you, I'm sorry, but that is just human nature. If people see a bunch of mismatched overweight slobs, they are not going to care what they are saying."

WHY DO MEMBERS OF THE ALT-RIGHT LOVE POLOS AND KHAKIS SO MUCH?
Nearly a year into the Trump era, nobody is surprised by emboldened racists anymore, but what did raise a few questions was their choice of outfit: it quickly became apparent that these slavery enthusiasts had picked out a uniform for themselves that consisted of white polo shirts, khakis and tiki torches – although that last one might not be a permanent fixture of the look.

Fred Perry withdraws polo shirt adopted by far-right Proud Boys
Company distances itself from US fascist group as it halts sales of garment in North America

The fashion brand Fred Perry has pulled one of its famous polo shirt designs after it became associated with a far-right organisation. The company has halted sales of the black and yellow top in the US and Canada, after it was adopted by the neo-fascist organisation the Proud Boys.

In a statement posted to its website, Fred Perry said it was “incredibly frustrating” to see the polo shirt and its laurel wreath logo become associated with the group.

sackett 7th December 2021 08:15 AM

We can shake our heads over the antics in the solemn monkey cage of fascism, both yesterday and today, but those goons gain confidence from adopting uniforms. It makes them feel military.

Just wait, we'll be seeing black shirts again.

Captain_Swoop 7th December 2021 02:26 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene says January 6 defendants are getting pumped full of "critical race theory training" in jail and are told "they have to denounce President Trump.
They are told that their views are the views of cult members."

Videos in link

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1468282340237619207

dudalb 7th December 2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13673928)
MTG was one of several right-wing politicians and pundits to declare that a white nationalist rally in DC over the weekend was staged by the Feds. She's never seen "patriot" groups wearing khakis, so they must be fake.






(The funny part is Jacob Wohl saying that they must be Feds because they were unusually slim. He knows his audience.)

it's not so much they disaprove of the far right rallies, they just think the clothing worn at the rallies are not good from a PR viewpont.

Stacyhs 7th December 2021 06:40 PM

The only explanation for this is that either MTG is nucking futz or she's got an IQ lower than my pothos plant. Or both.

dudalb 7th December 2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13674417)
The only explanation for this is that either MTG is nucking futz or she's got an IQ lower than my pothos plant. Or both.

If you had not put or both at the end, I would have said "False Dichomoty.

Norman Alexander 7th December 2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13674294)
Marjorie Taylor Greene says January 6 defendants are getting pumped full of "critical race theory training" in jail and are told "they have to denounce President Trump.
They are told that their views are the views of cult members."

Videos in link

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1468282340237619207

Who is she addressing with this putrid pile of possum poo?

Tero 7th December 2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13674444)
Who is she addressing with this putrid pile of possum poo?

She has other stuff? I though she just repeats conspiracy theories harvested from trumpster sites?

Quote:

The internal survey found that 4 percent of Republican voters in her district said they did not think elections were secure in Georgia and would not vote in future elections, and 6 percent said they were unsure whether their votes would be counted. It did not specifically ask about Georgia conducting an audit of the 2020 election."

Those details certainly matter, though they don't detract from the larger point: Roughly one-in-10 GOP voters in this ruby-red district are skeptical about future elections as a result of absurd conspiracy theories, suggesting it's in Republicans' interest to stop peddling absurd conspiracy theories.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...-poll-n1281827


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.