International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

alfaniner 13th February 2018 02:27 PM

I find it entirely plausible that if The PDJT wasn't actually President, he wouldn't be able to get a full security clearance for himself.

Trebuchet 13th February 2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 12181536)
I find it entirely plausible that if The PDJT wasn't actually President, he wouldn't be able to get a full security clearance for himself.

Plausible? More of a certainty.

dudalb 13th February 2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis (Post 12181411)
So who is next then ? Will it be Kelly ?

This 'controversy' has actually managed to go from last week into this week, and the cable news is still beating the drum about it.

I get the feeling someone else is going to have to pay the price for this, and I am going to guess that someone is going to be Kelly.

Also, Tillerson did his year, I'll predict he'll be gone soon of his own accord.

All the "we Love Kelly" rhetoric ,someone is going have to pay for the f--- up than the whole Porter affair has become, and Kelly is the likelist candidate.
Hicks is safe because she might just know too much about the ties with Russia to be fired....

The Don 14th February 2018 02:08 AM

IMO Kelly is safe because President Trump loves him a general. IMO the only way that Kelly goes is if he resigns (and there were suggestions a few months ago that he was an honourable man who might do just that - I reckon the veil has been lifted on that one), or if there's a scandal that even the Trump Administration cannot wriggle out of (like Flynn, though a I suspect Flynn today would be fine.

d4m10n 14th February 2018 07:30 AM

The latest update on WH turnover from Rachel Maddow. One year since Michael Flynn, this is getting harder and harder to fit legibly on screen. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dae8ba054d.jpg

Tolls 14th February 2018 07:44 AM

That's an unfortunate time to be taking a screenshot there.
She looks like she's smelled something bad.

ponderingturtle 14th February 2018 07:47 AM

Imagine if they fired everyone who couldn't qualify for security clearances how much longer the list would be.

Trebuchet 14th February 2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolls (Post 12182274)
That's an unfortunate time to be taking a screenshot there.
She looks like she's smelled something bad.

That would be the Trump administration. It's fetid, kind of like, you know, a swamp.

CORed 14th February 2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 12182333)
That would be the Trump administration. It's fetid, kind of like, you know, a swamp.

A swamp? It's more like a sewage pond, with an aerator that failed a month ago and wasn't repaired. A swamp would smell absolutely wonderful by comparison.

Crossbow 14th February 2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolls (Post 12182274)
That's an unfortunate time to be taking a screenshot there.
She looks like she's smelled something bad.

in defense of Rachel ...

It is rather difficult for one to avoid bad facial expressions when one is discussing just about anything dealing with the Trump Administration.

Hellbound 14th February 2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORed (Post 12182461)
A swamp? It's more like a sewage pond, with an aerator that failed a month ago and wasn't repaired. A swamp would smell absolutely wonderful by comparison.

Hey, he is getting rid of the swamp.

You dump enough toxic radioactives into it, that swamp is history!

quadraginta 14th February 2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbound (Post 12182514)
Hey, he is getting rid of the swamp.

You dump enough toxic radioactives into it, that swamp is history!


It's like I've said before, he's getting rid of it from the top.

Once he starts it Now that he has it overflowing then some of it will be is being gotten rid of.

bobdroege7 17th February 2018 12:49 PM

Jeff Sessions

NoahFence 22nd February 2018 06:45 AM

H.R. McMaster?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/polit...use/index.html

Trebuchet 22nd February 2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdroege7 (Post 12186861)
Jeff Sessions

That's "Session".

dudalb 22nd February 2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahFence (Post 12191718)

I would look forward to his book. His "Dereliction of Duty" is one of the best books about how America got into the huge mess that was Vietnam I have read.

Craig4 25th February 2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahFence (Post 12191718)

I don't see a future for McMaster as a general officer. He'll be cutoff at the knees wherever he goes with his entire command assuming he was fired and promoted. That's a pretty toxic place to be for a commander. Right now he's the guy who struggled valiantly to keep the train on the tracks. That's not a bad place to from which to exit.

Craig4 25th February 2018 07:54 AM

Kushner is back to looking good as the next to exit. The Hair said he'd let Kelly decide on his clearance. Sort of a public washing of hands.

d4m10n 25th February 2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 12195530)
Kushner is back to looking good as the next to exit. The Hair said he'd let Kelly decide on his clearance. Sort of a public washing of hands.

Here is a relevant article on point:
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/967535620309561349

And here are some wonderful speculations as to how deep the rabbit hole goes:
https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/967487830694944768

dudalb 26th February 2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 12195529)
I don't see a future for McMaster as a general officer. He'll be cutoff at the knees wherever he goes with his entire command assuming he was fired and promoted. That's a pretty toxic place to be for a commander. Right now he's the guy who struggled valiantly to keep the train on the tracks. That's not a bad place to from which to exit.

And it's not like he does not have other options. He wrote a well reviewd and well regarded book on Vietnam, and I think the news networks would love to have him as a commentator.

Crossbow 26th February 2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 12195530)
Kushner is back to looking good as the next to exit. The Hair said he'd let Kelly decide on his clearance. Sort of a public washing of hands.

Thanks much, I noticed that bit too.

Trump will always prevaricate when there is any sort of really tough decision that needs to be made.

ponderingturtle 26th February 2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbow (Post 12197375)
Thanks much, I noticed that bit too.

Trump will always prevaricate when there is any sort of really tough decision that needs to be made.

Of course, the thing he fears most is that someone might ever hold him accountable for something.

dudalb 27th February 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbow (Post 12197375)
Thanks much, I noticed that bit too.

Trump will always prevaricate when there is any sort of really tough decision that needs to be made.

Of course, his whole image of a decisive decision maker is a bunch of bull, as one look at his record shows.
One of the best descriptions of Trump I have read is "A Weak man's fantasy of a Strong man".

Craig4 28th February 2018 12:27 AM

At this point either Kushner stays and eats it for public corruption or he goes home and then eats it for public corruption. If Mueller hasn't worked out a state charge in New York with the State AG, I'll dance naked on my front porch and sing ""Natural Woman".

d4m10n 28th February 2018 09:08 AM

In a sensible administration, Kushner would be out on his ass after collaborating with Russians, sucking up to Chinese business interests, failing to obtain a permanent high-level security clearance, and getting crossways with the National Security Advisor and the WH Chief of Staff.

We may not be living through a sensible adminstration, however.

ponderingturtle 28th February 2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12199942)
In a sensible administration, Kushner would be out on his ass after collaborating with Russians, sucking up to Chinese business interests, failing to obtain a permanent high-level security clearance, and getting crossways with the National Security Advisor and the WH Chief of Staff.

We may not be living through a sensible adminstration, however.

How about leaving important things off his disclosure forms repeatedly?

quadraginta 28th February 2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 12199950)
How about leaving important things off his disclosure forms repeatedly?


Obviously they are only important when it becomes known he left them off, so he didn't have any reason to think they were important before then.

dudalb 28th February 2018 11:35 AM

Definently Kushner.
Question is will he go Joe Valachi on Donny?

jimbob 28th February 2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12200244)
Definently Kushner.
Question is will he go Joe Valachi on Donny?

I guess he'd see plusses and minuses

On the minus side, he might lose some money.

On the plus side, he's spent more time with Trump than most and he's already independently wealthy, so it might just be worth it. Trump's behaviour is such that the more you know of him, the less likeable he becomes.

TheL8Elvis 28th February 2018 02:36 PM

Didn't see this one coming - looks like it will be Hope Hicks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...-director.html

Hope Hicks, the White House communications director and one of President Trump’s longest-serving advisers, said Wednesday that she was resigning.
...
She did not say what her next job would be, and her departure date was unclear, but it is likely to be in the next few weeks.


ETA my favorite story:

"'Get the machine!'" Trump would yell, according to the authors. "And Hope would take out the steamer and start steaming Mr. Trump’s suit, while he was wearing it! She’d steam the jacket first and then sit in a chair in front of him and steam his pants."

But one day, Hicks forgot the steamer, and Trump was livid.

"God d----t, Hope!" Trump exclaimed. "How the hell could you forget the machine?"

The authors wrote, "It was a mistake she would never make again."

dudalb 28th February 2018 02:39 PM

If Hicks is out.then we need to get a betting pool started on Kushner or Sessions.....

kellyb 28th February 2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12200567)
If Hicks is out.then we need to get a betting pool started on Kushner or Sessions.....

Sessions will go before Jarod, is my bet.

dudalb 28th February 2018 03:12 PM

Hicks is out, now everybody is reporting it.
Like putting a model who had no Public Relations or News experience as communications director was a good idea....
Not meant to be a slur on models, but still..

Oystein 28th February 2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12200614)
Hicks is out, now everybody is reporting it.
Like putting a model who had no Public Relations or News experience as communications director was a good idea....
Not meant to be a slur on models, but still..

Models should have at least some experience with public relations and the press - their job is to help maximize media attention to the products they present.

Loss Leader 28th February 2018 03:24 PM

In a thousand years, I wouldn't have guessed Hope Hicks.

dudalb 28th February 2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 12200619)
Models should have at least some experience with public relations and the press - their job is to help maximize media attention to the products they present.

There is a huge difference between showing up and smiling nicely for the Camera, and planning and running a major public relations/information campaign...and Hicks had NO experience with the latter, let alone running the biggest and most important PR/Information office in the world....

dudalb 28th February 2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loss Leader (Post 12200630)
In a thousand years, I wouldn't have guessed Hope Hicks.

Particualry with the rumors she was a go between in the Trump's campaign alleged dealing with the Russians......

Darat 28th February 2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 12199993)
Obviously they are only important when it becomes known he left them off, so he didn't have any reason to think they were important before then.

My god, you're gunning for Kellyanne Conway's job aren't you?



;)

Loss Leader 28th February 2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12200641)
Particualry with the rumors she was a go between in the Trump's campaign alleged dealing with the Russians......


I have this fantasy that she resigned because Mueller flipped her, but I think that's unlikely. My best guess is that, in connection with her testimony yesterday, she told her lawyers something incriminating and they advised her she had to quit.

Regnad Kcin 28th February 2018 04:05 PM

According to Columbia University’s School of Journalism and Public Affairs, “Steam my pants!” is something every White House communications director should expect to hear early and often.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-19, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.