International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bill Barr and his October Surprise (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346780)

Babbylonian 29th October 2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13274545)
Tucker knows Trump is going down.

That's not it. It's that he had a lost package then made wild claims about it. Once the package was recovered by UPS, he now has to either produce his bombshell evidence or weasel his way out of it. We're seeing the weaseling.

Bogative 29th October 2020 09:59 PM

Mac Isaac's lawyer has issued a detailed timeline to clarify misunderstandings about what happened.

A link to the document can be found here.

Mac Isaac's father tried to give a copy of the hard drive to the FBI in mid-July, they turned him away but contacted him in mid-October asking for a copy.

Hunter came back two days after dropping the laptop off with a hard drive to transfer the recovered data onto.

Minoosh 29th October 2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
In the recorded interview, a reporter asks John Paul why he didn't reach out to someone in the Biden family after Hunter did not come back and pick up the laptop. He says it's not standard procedure for them.

In the delaware.com print story he said it is standard procedure to contact the owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
Why do you assume John Paul did not try to contact Hunter Biden?

In the delaware.com print story he declines to answer the question of whether he did or didn't.

I have listened to the whole interview, but don't want to replay the hourlong thing to catch this bit. If you are willing and can get a timestamp I'll look. I listened to the audio after I read the delaware.com story and didn't catch this alleged discrepancy, and I'm trained to spot that kind of stuff. Could have missed it though.

Norman Alexander 29th October 2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274602)
Mac Isaac's lawyer has issued a detailed timeline to clarify misunderstandings about what happened.

A link to the document can be found here.

Mac Isaac's father tried to give a copy of the hard drive to the FBI in mid-July, they turned him away but contacted him in mid-October asking for a copy.

Hunter came back two days after dropping the laptop off with a hard drive to transfer the recovered data onto.

Check your source.

Squeegee Beckenheim 30th October 2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13274615)

"Founded by John Soloman [sic]". Enough said, really. But for those who are unaware of Solomon's work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...tor)#Reception

Quote:

Paul McCleary, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review in 2007, wrote that Solomon had earned a reputation for hyping stories without solid foundation.[7] In 2012, Mariah Blake, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review, wrote that Solomon "has a history of bending the truth to his storyline," and that he "was notorious for massaging facts to conjure phantom scandals."[8][22] During the 2004 presidential election between George W. Bush and John Kerry, Thomas Lang wrote for the Columbia Journalism Review that a Solomon story for the Associated Press covered criticism of John Kerry's record on national security appeared to mirror a research report released by the Republican National Committee. Lang wrote that Solomon's story was "a clear demonstration of the influence opposition research is already having on coverage of the [presidential] campaign."[45][46]

The Washington Post wrote in September 2019 that Solomon's "recent work has been trailed by claims that it is biased and lacks rigor."[22] The Post noted that Solomon had done award-winning investigative work during his early career, but that his work had taken a pronounced conservative bent from the late 2000s and onwards.[22] According to Foreign Policy magazine, Solomon had "grown into a prominent conservative political commentator with a somewhat controversial track record."[30]

In 2007, Deborah Howell, then-ombudsman at The Washington Post, criticized a story that Solomon wrote for The Post which had suggested impropriety by Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards in a real estate purchase; Solomon's reporting omitted context which would have made clear that there was no impropriety.[6] Progressive news outlets ThinkProgress, Media Matters for America and Crooked Media have argued that Solomon's reporting has a conservative bias and that there are multiple instances of inaccuracies.[47][48][49] According to The Intercept, Just Security and The Daily Beast, Solomon helps to advance right-wing and pro-Trump conspiracy theories.[25][23][50] The New Republic described Solomon's columns for The Hill as "right-wing fever dreams."[51] Independent journalist Marcy Wheeler accused Solomon of manufacturing fake scandals which suggested wrongdoing by those conducting probes into Russian interference in the 2016 election.[52] Reporters who worked under Solomon as an editor have said that he encouraged them to bend the truth to fit a pre-existing narrative.[8]
There's more on that page, too, but that should give people enough information to judge.

Firestone 30th October 2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13274179)
Barr is keeping his powder dry to go after Biden votes.

Maybe, probably.

But:

An October Surprise à la Comey letter doesn't require much: a real though not very significant fact (Weiner's laptop with Huma's emails on it), a rogue FBI agent in NYC threatening to leak it, Comey thinking that Trump will lose anyway, so preempts the leak. No big conspiracy needing dozens of acolytes, the perfect October Surprise.

Going after Biden votes will require ... well, that depends on the results.

If it is close, and they need to swap one or two states, yes, maybe Barr will be able to marshal a few US attorneys (or GOP state/district attorneys) to strategically dispute presumed Biden votes, and then count on the federal courts and SCOTUS to finish the job.
If it is not close, and they need to swap 4,5,6 states, using a different ad hoc rationale in each of them, that becomes a conspiracy involving quite a few people. Possible? Yes. Seems unlikely though.

dirtywick 30th October 2020 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13274545)
Tucker knows Trump is going down.

LOL Tucker is making up conspiracies about conspiracies now. Are people making him say things on dares? I don't think he knows what's going on.

wareyin 30th October 2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
The laptops could've been in Delaware already? He was still pretty hot for his dead brother's wife at that time, according to some of the texts I've been reading. He could've flown in the town to bang one out. He could've been there on business travel. He could've been there arranging business to make more money off of his daddy's name. Until you provide evidence that he was in California on that day, you're just blowing smoke.

I see, now you are claiming he routinely leaves 3 laptops in Delaware, where he doesn't live or work, "for business"? Do you have any experience with business people or with laptops in general?
Also, it's actually incumbent on you and your side to prove Hunter was in that repair shop that day, not my job to prove he wasn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
I would prefer evidence from someone who has expertise in the field rather than some rando on the internet who has no qualifications to make a reasoned judgment.

I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
You originally said "he refused to leave any contact info". Now you're switching it to John Paul not contacting Hunter.

I'm going by the fact that he didn't leave contact info as evidence that he refused to leave contact info. I get that this may be confusing to you, but it's pretty basic stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
There's a difference between not leaving any contact info and John Paul not being able to contact Hunter, right?

In the recorded interview, a reporter asks John Paul why he didn't reach out to someone in the Biden family after Hunter did not come back and pick up the laptop. He says it's not standard procedure for them. They get multiple points of contact when they fill out the paperwork and when the repair is complete they make every effort to reach out and contact the customer. After 90 days they recycle the computer.

In other interviews, John Claude claims he didn't know who the laptop belonged to, he assumed it was Hunter Biden's because of a sticker for a charity that Hunter did not work for was on the laptop. That's a strange claim to make if he had Hunter's contact information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
Why do you assume John Paul did not try to contact Hunter Biden?

Because when directly asked that question, John Luke said "no comment." Not "yes I called him".


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
Again, you did not pay attention to what he said. He never said he deleted the CCTV footage.

A reporter asked him "why didn't you save the security footage," to which he responded, "because it was just a customer." The reporter asking questions implies that the CCTV footage is stored on his servers for two months, and he said by the time he became suspicious of what was on the laptop the recordings were already off of the server.

His timeline of when he became suspicious varies wildly depending on the telling. His original claim was that he became suspicious because of the sticker, but he also claims he inadvertently saw emails and pics that made him suspicious while recovering the drive. And both of those occurred well before the 2 months had lapsed.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
What are you talking about? Is there some kind of law saying anyone has to be "authorized" to work on a MacBook? Ridiculous.

Are you not familiar with the concept of companies authorizing properly trained and certified people to work on their products? I doubt that, so playing dumb is not helping your case.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
Now you're just lying.

Nope. John Paul Isaac Bob Fred claimed his "medical condition" means he can't see well enough to see a person standing 2 or 3 feet away. That bad eyesight means he can't see well enough to open up the guts of a laptop either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274524)
I never claimed Giuliani had 3, that was you. Giuliani had zero laptops, but he did have a copy of the hard drive from the only one left at the computer store.

We both agree that Guiliani doesn't have anything originally belonging to Hunter. The hard drive Giuliani got from the Ukraine by way of a blind Delaware guy, plus the original 3 laptops he claimed plus the 2 more laptops he claims Derkach has still equals at least 5 though. I'm still trying to find the article about the one Hunter supposedly left with a psychiatrist or psychologist. Web searches for that are overwhelmed with articles about how stupid Giuliani's laptop claims are, unfortunately.

The Great Zaganza 30th October 2020 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13274709)
LOL Tucker is making up conspiracies about conspiracies now. Are people making him say things on dares? I don't think he knows what's going on.

tucker gets a reality check every time he gets the number of advertiser revenue - it's not getting bigger.
Tucker made it because of Trump, and he needs to be both clever and lucky not to get voted out alongside him.

Darat 30th October 2020 03:30 AM

Quick question as I've not been following the detail of this but I'm presuming the repair guy had asked for Hunter's laptop password and his if his icloud password and had him remove two factor authentication?

Firestone 30th October 2020 03:42 AM

The Giuliani led Hunter Biden thing was preceded by a fake "intelligence" document produced by a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, written by the non existing security analyst Martin Aspen.

The document asserts an elaborate conspiracy theory involving Joe Biden's son and business in China.

It (obviously) went viral on the right wing web.

Quote:

One of the original posters of the document, a blogger and professor named Christopher Balding, took credit for writing parts of it when asked about it and said Aspen does not exist.
...
The Typhoon Investigations document was first posted in September to Intelligence Quarterly, an anonymous blog "dedicated to collecting important daily news," according to its "about" section. Historical domain records show the blog was registered to Albert Marko, a self-described political and economic adviser, who also lists the blog on his Twitter bio. When asked about the provenance of the document, Marko said he received it from Balding.
...
Balding's blog was the primary driver of virality in conservative and conspiracy communities. The report itself was shared across Facebook and Twitter around 5,000 times, according to BuzzSumo, and more than 80 sites linked back to the blog, which was shared more than 25,000 times on Facebook and Twitter. Hyperpartisan and conspiracy sites like ZeroHedge and WorldNetDaily led the pack.

On Twitter, the document was pushed by influencers in the QAnon community, as well as by Dinggang Wang, an anti-Chinese government YouTube personality who works for Guo Wengui, a billionaire who fled China amid accusations of bribery and other crimes. Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, tweeted the document to his 2.3 million followers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...eluge-n1245387
Although this is apparently not the garbage peddled by Giuliani and Bannon recently, notice the involvement of Bannon's pal Guo Wengui.

wareyin 30th October 2020 04:26 AM

Aha! I found the 6th laptop story!
"At this point, Birkenfeld seemed to recognize how surreal this all sounds: that Hunter Biden would not only professionally see but live with a psychiatrist in a state hundreds of miles from his home—a psychiatrist who accused his dad of having dementia—that he confided intricate details of international corruption during these therapy sessions, that he would leave YET ANOTHER LAPTOP at this TV doctor’s residence; and that the DEA would surreptitiously seize that laptop right when Senate investigators were swarming."

The Don 30th October 2020 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13274785)
Aha! I found the 6th laptop story!
"At this point, Birkenfeld seemed to recognize how surreal this all sounds: that Hunter Biden would not only professionally see but live with a psychiatrist in a state hundreds of miles from his home—a psychiatrist who accused his dad of having dementia—that he confided intricate details of international corruption during these therapy sessions, that he would leave YET ANOTHER LAPTOP at this TV doctor’s residence; and that the DEA would surreptitiously seize that laptop right when Senate investigators were swarming."

**** me !

Hunter Biden must have been Apple's best customer. Six laptops discarded over a period of weeks ?

His laptop habit might have been more expensive than his drug habit. ;)

Foggy of the Fogbow 30th October 2020 04:39 AM

Wow, yeah.

At this point, not only am I not going to vote for Hunter Biden, I'm never going to buy drugs from him again!:mad:

The Great Zaganza 30th October 2020 04:55 AM

But I will have some of the excess laptops.

Manger Douse 30th October 2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow (Post 13274789)
Wow, yeah.

At this point, not only am I not going to vote for Hunter Biden, I'm never going to buy drugs from him again!:mad:

If he's done half the things he's been accused of they must be pretty good drugs

JoeMorgue 30th October 2020 05:32 AM

I like how the only two people still taking this seriously have been reduced to "Okay but do you have evidence that the thing I have presented no evidence for not true?"

Hunter Biden's laptop is in my garage right next to the invisible dragon it seems.

I Am The Scum 30th October 2020 05:32 AM

I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.

wareyin 30th October 2020 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 13274826)
I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.

There certainly wouldn't have been so many laptops being forged.

Armitage72 30th October 2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13274716)
I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.



It's a claim that clearly derives from not having seen the signatures. It's comparable to claiming that if an elephant and a marmot are sitting side by side, only a zoologist is qualified to determine that they aren't the same species.

wareyin 30th October 2020 05:51 AM

That Tucker Carlson story just keeps getting weirder. Now Carlson says he had made a copy of the info on his lost jump drive. That means he had these important but mysterious documents the entire time he was on his show claiming he didn't have them. The lost package turns out to have been a jump drive, and it was found by UPS. So now Carlson not only never lost the only copy of these documents as he claimed, but he even has the one copy that was lost. Did he then reveal them on his show, now that nothing is missing and they were so utterly earth shattering like he claimed? No. He decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?

The Don 30th October 2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13274840)
That Tucker Carlson story just keeps getting weirder. Now Carlson says he had made a copy of the info on his lost jump drive. That means he had these important but mysterious documents the entire time he was on his show claiming he didn't have them. The lost package turns out to have been a jump drive, and it was found by UPS. So now Carlson not only never lost the only copy of these documents as he claimed, but he even has the one copy that was lost. Did he then reveal them on his show, now that nothing is missing and they were so utterly earth shattering like he claimed? No. He decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?

Deep state finally got to him :rolleyes:

varwoche 30th October 2020 06:15 AM

If enough laptops emerge, statistically one of them may be Hunter Biden's, just as it may be your discarded unit.

Bogative 30th October 2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13274606)
I have listened to the whole interview, but don't want to replay the hourlong thing to catch this bit. If you are willing and can get a timestamp I'll look. I listened to the audio after I read the delaware.com story and didn't catch this alleged discrepancy, and I'm trained to spot that kind of stuff. Could have missed it though.

6:00

Bogative 30th October 2020 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13274681)
"Founded by John Soloman [sic]". Enough said, really. But for those who are unaware of Solomon's work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...tor)#Reception



There's more on that page, too, but that should give people enough information to judge.


Your point? Do you believe Solomon faked the document or altered it in some way? Or is this your way of casting doubt on what Mac Isaac's lawyer says in the document because you don't like who linked to it?

Foggy of the Fogbow 30th October 2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13274840)
Tucker Carlson ... decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?

And he said the main REASON he wasn't going to disclose any more "damning" documents about Hunter was ... wait for it ...

Quote:

He's not running for president.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...s-hunter-biden

Huh.

So since he's not running for president, all this crap about Hunter Biden is irrelevant.

Well, thanks for that, MotherTucker!

Craig4 30th October 2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13274721)
tucker gets a reality check every time he gets the number of advertiser revenue - it's not getting bigger.
Tucker made it because of Trump, and he needs to be both clever and lucky not to get voted out alongside him.

My Pillow boy will soon be his only advertiser. Fox can't be pleased.

Bogative 30th October 2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareyin (Post 13274716)
I see, now you are claiming he routinely leaves 3 laptops in Delaware, where he doesn't live or work, "for business"? Do you have any experience with business people or with laptops in general?
Also, it's actually incumbent on you and your side to prove Hunter was in that repair shop that day, not my job to prove he wasn't.

No, I'm pointing out the argument that Hunter couldn't possibly have three laptops in Delaware because he lives in California is ridiculous.



Quote:

I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.
Let's just say I prefer the opinion of someone who is "authorized."




Quote:

I'm going by the fact that he didn't leave contact info as evidence that he refused to leave contact info. I get that this may be confusing to you, but it's pretty basic stuff.
What's blurred out under Hunter's name on the work order?



Quote:

In other interviews, John Claude claims he didn't know who the laptop belonged to, he assumed it was Hunter Biden's because of a sticker for a charity that Hunter did not work for was on the laptop. That's a strange claim to make if he had Hunter's contact information.
Back to lying again. He said the man who dropped the laptop off was Hunter Biden, he said he didn't recognize Hunter Biden because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like at the time. He also said it was Hunter's laptop because of personal information found on it. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Beau Biden foundation sticker, that was a minor part of the story.



Quote:

Because when directly asked that question, John Luke said "no comment." Not "yes I called him".
I've listened to the recording multiple times, that is not what he said.



Quote:

Are you not familiar with the concept of companies authorizing properly trained and certified people to work on their products? I doubt that, so playing dumb is not helping your case.
I'm perfectly aware. In fact, I've had an authorized repair man in my house working on my computer, once. The other half dozen times I took it to the local "unauthorized" repair man because I didn't want to hassle with dealing with the manufacturer, it's much easier to go to the local guy.


Quote:

Nope. John Paul Isaac Bob Fred claimed his "medical condition" means he can't see well enough to see a person standing 2 or 3 feet away. That bad eyesight means he can't see well enough to open up the guts of a laptop either.
Is it your belief that the computers are repairing themselves at Mac's shop?



Quote:

The hard drive Giuliani got from the Ukraine by way of a blind Delaware guy, plus the original 3 laptops he claimed plus the 2 more laptops he claims Derkach has still equals at least 5 though.
Again, Giuliani did not claim to have 3 laptops.

JoeMorgue 30th October 2020 07:08 AM

WE DON'T HAVE TO DISPROVE THINGS WHEN NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE TRUE IN THE FIRST PLACE HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO US.

STOP TRYING TO REVERSE THE BURDEN OF PROOF WITH YOUR "CAN YOU PROVE A NEGATIVE" NONSENSE.

Thank you this has been a public service announcement from the "How Discussions Work" Task Force.

varwoche 30th October 2020 07:19 AM

At least understand this: Except for the ever-patient warein* who actually tries, you are objects of mockery here.

* i can never find the emoji of man banging head on desk

slyjoe 30th October 2020 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a GIF.

wareyin 30th October 2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
No, I'm pointing out the argument that Hunter couldn't possibly have three laptops in Delaware because he lives in California is ridiculous.

Yet, in your opinion the argument that he would carry 3 broken laptops from California to Delaware to find a shop to repair them when he had multiple authorized places within 10 miles of his house is sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
Let's just say I prefer the opinion of someone who is "authorized."

Whatever you can cling to to continue believing, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
What's blurred out under Hunter's name on the work order?

I'm going to guess "c/o Andriy Derkach, Ukraine, or Rudy Giuliani"


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
Back to lying again. He said the man who dropped the laptop off was Hunter Biden, he said he didn't recognize Hunter Biden because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like at the time. He also said it was Hunter's laptop because of personal information found on it. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Beau Biden foundation sticker, that was a minor part of the story.

I don't doubt that in one of the several different tellings of the story that's what he said. But he also said that he couldn't see who dropped of the laptop due to a medical condition and that he only realized it was Hunter Biden's laptop because it had the Beau Biden sticker on it. Minor or no, that was repair guy's original story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
I've listened to the recording multiple times, that is not what he said.

I've pointed out many times that he has given different stories. Minoosh has even supplied you with the "no comment" sourced from a Delaware newspaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
I'm perfectly aware. In fact, I've had an authorized repair man in my house working on my computer, once. The other half dozen times I took it to the local "unauthorized" repair man because I didn't want to hassle with dealing with the manufacturer, it's much easier to go to the local guy.

Just out of curiosity, was the "local guy" thousands of miles farther away than the authorized guy? Hell, there were and are closer authorized Apple shops to Hunter's dad's house (as you guys seem to think Hunter was staying over at Joe's place so being "only" 15 miles from Joe's house is important.)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
Is it your belief that the computers are repairing themselves at Mac's shop?

Do we know he does any repairs at all? Or did Giuliani pay him enough to make up this story to keep his shop afloat?
Eta: looks like the guy has a GoFundMe set up, so he's trying to cash in more than whatever he got from Giuliani.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274891)
Again, Giuliani did not claim to have 3 laptops.

You're falling behind. Now we're up to 6 Hunter Biden laptops out there.

pgwenthold 30th October 2020 08:33 AM

As I said before, I don't even bother to have a laptop 'repaired" and I'm not a millionaire. I have a problem with a laptop I get it replaced. Any critical data is backed up. If there were critical data he needed to get off it, he wouldn't have abandoned it.

None of this passes the laugh test.

Venom 30th October 2020 09:29 AM

https://fulbright.edu.vn/statement-r...opher-balding/

Quote:

In a recently published story “How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge,” NBC News reported that Dr. Christopher Balding is an associate professor at Fulbright University Vietnam. In fact, Dr. Balding has not been employed by the University since September 10, 2020 when his contract was not renewed.

The University has asked NBC News to update its story by clarifying that Dr. Balding is not employed by Fulbright University Vietnam, nor is he associated with the university in any way.

The Fulbright community expects its member to hold the highest standards of integrity and excellence. Regrettably, Dr. Balding’s action does not reflect the values of this institution.

Squeegee Beckenheim 30th October 2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13274873)
Your point? Do you believe Solomon faked the document or altered it in some way? Or is this your way of casting doubt on what Mac Isaac's lawyer says in the document because you don't like who linked to it?

My point is that if John Solomon said that was water was wet I'd have to dip my hand in it to check. My base assumption is that anybody who deliberately seeks out Solomon (or Solomon's publication) to disseminate information is likely disseminating lies.

timhau 30th October 2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 13274826)
I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.

That's where you're wrong. He'd be known in local media as "Hunter Smith, the guy who loses an average of two laptops a week."

Babbylonian 30th October 2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timhau (Post 13275074)
That's where you're wrong. He'd be known in local media as "Hunter Smith, the guy who loses an average of two laptops a week."

I should think that the local consumer reporter would be publicizing the local computer repair shop that looks for reasons to keep customers' property and/or examines personal information in computers.

Seriously, the computer repair scum, if we're to believe one of his contradictory narratives, acted in an extremely unethical manner. Even if you're claiming a computer as abandoned, that gives you no right to the information stored on it. Even if you were charged to back up the data, it gives you no right to examine the data being backed up.

If a computer repair place treated my property like this, I would do my best to put them out of business.

Dr. Keith 30th October 2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timhau (Post 13275074)
That's where you're wrong. He'd be known in local media as "Hunter Smith, the guy who loses an average of two laptops a week."

Hunter Biden has as many ex-laptops as Trump has ex-wives.

Hunter Biden goes through laptops like Trump goes through bankruptcies.

Hunter Biden's laptops last as long as a Director of Communications in the Trump administration.

Hunter Biden's laptops are as disposable as attendees at a Trump rally.

Dr. Keith 30th October 2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 13275081)
I should think that the local consumer reporter would be publicizing the local computer repair shop that looks for reasons to keep customers' property and/or examines personal information in computers.

Seriously, the computer repair scum, if we're to believe one of his contradictory narratives, acted in an extremely unethical manner. Even if you're claiming a computer as abandoned, that gives you no right to the information stored on it. Even if you were charged to back up the data, it gives you no right to examine the data being backed up.

If a computer repair place treated my property like this, I would do my best to put them out of business.

The only reason they aren't being sued for this is that it didn't happen.

Checkmite 30th October 2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow (Post 13274876)
And he said the main REASON he wasn't going to disclose any more "damning" documents about Hunter was ... wait for it ...

lol

So the "October Surprise" has apparently dispersed like a fart in the wind.

Bogative 30th October 2020 11:22 AM

Back in 2011, when Joe Biden was VP, Hunter Biden's business partner Sean Conlon sent this email to Hunter:
Quote:

“So we have engagement letter if they get other 10 bonds they have a face value of 10b. While it is far fetched Devon said he talked to his professor and these get traded. We get 10% in fees. We need to get these guys to an event or something where they get to just formally meet your Dad. For follow on they can talk to Chief of Staff. Let me know how soon we can do that. V brief. If Nagi get that done we get more bonds to move. Regards your hard working partner in Positano! Sean”
Why would Hunter's business partner have the impression that it was okay to ask for access to Hunter's daddy to help close a potential $1 billion deal?

Surely it was just a moment of bad judgment on Conlon's part and Hunter Biden took a stand for his family's honor and good name and set his business partner straight by telling him no and to never ask again because it was unethical and inappropriate!?

Uh, no. He replied:
Quote:

Ok-what do we need to do to move forward
I know, I know, nothing to see here, move along, orange man bad.

Dr. Keith 30th October 2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13275118)
I know, I know, nothing to see here, move along, orange man bad.

I mean, yeah. It's not like there's a third option at this point.

Orange man brags about doing this sort of **** out in the open and you want us to vote for him because there is an email of questionable provenance that maybe Joe's son attempted to do this on the down low nine years ago. No comparison for most voters.

This is why I didn't vote for Biden in the primaries, but did vote for him last week. It is really quite simple.

Stacyhs 30th October 2020 12:04 PM

I think Bogative, Bubba, and Tahini should, like Jack Dawson in Titanic, know when to stop clinging to the floating debris and just let go. They're only prolonging their own suffering.

Dr. Keith 30th October 2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13275154)
I think Bogative, Bubba, and Tahini should, like Jack Dawson in Titanic, know when to stop clinging to the floating debris and just let go. They're only prolonging their own suffering.

The real question is whether she was worth it.

I have to laugh that they think Trump was worth it.

Stacyhs 30th October 2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 13275196)
The real question is whether she was worth it.

I have to laugh that they think Trump was worth it.

At least Rose loved Jack. Trump doesn't give two ***** about any of his cultists. That they don't realize that is the real pity.

JoeMorgue 30th October 2020 01:16 PM

Because they don't care about Trump or how much he hurts them as long as he hurts the Liberals more.

Imagine Jack giving two middle fingers, laughing gleefully, as he slips beneath the waves because he wants to "Live Rent Free" in the Iceberg's head and that's more where they are at.

Foggy of the Fogbow 30th October 2020 02:00 PM

Orange man bad. :thumbsup:

Gulliver Foyle 30th October 2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13274545)
Tucker knows Trump is going down.

He's probably gotten a stiff Solicitor's letter to which he's just realised he can't write an Arkell vs Pressdram reply to.

Tero 30th October 2020 02:34 PM

Running out of October. We are reduced to Trump and Biden masks at Halloween parties. But no parties.

Gulliver Foyle 30th October 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13274759)
The Giuliani led Hunter Biden thing was preceded by a fake "intelligence" document produced by a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, written by the non existing security analyst Martin Aspen.

The document asserts an elaborate conspiracy theory involving Joe Biden's son and business in China.

It (obviously) went viral on the right wing web.


Although this is apparently not the garbage peddled by Giuliani and Bannon recently, notice the involvement of Bannon's pal Guo Wengui.

The picture of "Aspen" in the article bears a striking resemblance to Obi Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars film.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.