International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Social Issues & Current Events (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Weapons, poll (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357725)

Craig4 26th July 2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13864468)
When a country need goods or ressources they don't threat them with their weapons they just pay the price on the market.

Russia invaded and stole Ukraine's grain at gunpoint.

Gaetan 27th July 2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 (Post 13864480)
Oh right sorry, i forgot, no one in history has ever gone to war to gain resources.

Yes but it was a long time ago, before the United Nation, now the wars are caused because of weapon threats from countries. Now on it is no more acceptable a war to steal ressources.

sarge 29th July 2022 04:09 PM

Mod Warningstop with the off-topic and uncivil content
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:sarge

The Man 30th July 2022 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13864468)
When a country need goods or ressources they don't threat them with their weapons they just pay the price on the market.


And if said "goods or ressources" from the originating country just aren't "on the market", or you just can't afford them?



Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13865076)
Yes but it was a long time ago, before the United Nation, now the wars are caused because of weapon threats from countries. Now on it is no more acceptable a war to steal ressources.

And yet that is still exactly what happens when you control a country by force of arms. You gain control of their "goods or ressources". Whether anyone else finds it "acceptable" or not. Heck, I expect those having their "goods or ressources" taken by force of arms never found it "acceptable".


Fine, let's says that someone is trying to gain control of another countries "goods or ressources" by force of arms. Just what do you think those that find such an action as "no more acceptable" should do about it?

Foster Zygote 1st August 2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13865076)
Yes but it was a long time ago, before the United Nation, now the wars are caused because of weapon threats from countries. Now on it is no more acceptable a war to steal ressources.

He's right. Remember all those weapons of mass destruction they found in that country that may or may not have just happened to have a lot of oil?

Gaetan 1st September 2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote (Post 13868111)
He's right. Remember all those weapons of mass destruction they found in that country that may or may not have just happened to have a lot of oil?

If you consider it that way it is just one more reason to get rid of weapons. Beside that natural ressources on this planet should belongs to everybody or nobody no matter where you live.

Dave Rogers 1st September 2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13891129)
If you consider it that way it is just one more reason to get rid of weapons.

And all those poor people starving is a reason to get rid of poverty and hunger. The problem is not that it's a good thing to do, it's that nobody's ever come up with anything remotely like a workable way to achieve it.

Dave

trustbutverify 1st September 2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13891129)
If you consider it that way it is just one more reason to get rid of weapons. Beside that natural ressources on this planet should belongs to everybody or nobody no matter where you live.

As I've told you before, convince your nation and your special friend Putin to eliminate ALL weapons for a decade. Once ten years of benefits become apparent, the rest of the world will decide to follow. Set an example.

arthwollipot 7th September 2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13891129)
If you consider it that way it is just one more reason to get rid of weapons. Beside that natural ressources on this planet should belongs to everybody or nobody no matter where you live.

That's a lovely idea. Unfortunately it bears absolutely no resemblance to reality.

Crossbow 8th September 2022 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13891129)
If you consider it that way it is just one more reason to get rid of weapons. Beside that natural ressources on this planet should belongs to everybody or nobody no matter where you live.

What a noble sentiment!

However, you repeatedly destroy your noble sentiments by supporting murderers like Vladimir Putin.

Gaetan 8th September 2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbow (Post 13896438)
What a noble sentiment!

However, you repeatedly destroy your noble sentiments by supporting murderers like Vladimir Putin.

He is just trying to defend his country against NATO aggressors.

Craig4 8th September 2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897301)
He is just trying to defend his country against NATO aggressors.

You support genocide.

Gaetan 8th September 2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13897310)
You support genocide.

A guy bother his neighbour and a fight begin, who is responsible?

arthwollipot 8th September 2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897338)
A guy bother his neighbour and a fight begin, who is responsible?

The guy who bothered his neighbour.

In other words, Putin.

Gaetan 8th September 2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot (Post 13897341)
The guy who bothered his neighbour.

In other words, Putin.

That's Zelinski and NATO leaders who began

arthwollipot 8th September 2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897347)
That's Zelinski and NATO leaders who began

...massing troops on the borders of Russia for a year before invading?

Nope, didn't happen. It was the other way around.

junkshop 8th September 2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897301)
He is just trying to defend his country against NATO aggressors.

Please give evidenced examples of this purpoted NATO aggression against Russia.

Please note that any NATO actions that occurred after Russia stole territory from another nation don't count.

trustbutverify 8th September 2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897301)
He is just trying to defend his country against NATO aggressors.

Just repeating Po-Po's blundering propaganda verbatim, is that the idea? I guess that's one way to go.

Gaetan 8th September 2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13897393)
Just repeating Po-Po's blundering propaganda verbatim, is that the idea? I guess that's one way to go.

I don't hear Putin propaganda, all i hear is Trudeau or Biden propaganda but you know what? I don't believe them. They can say they love black but they hate them punto final.

arthwollipot 8th September 2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897400)
I don't hear Putin propaganda...

That's odd, since you repeat it word-for-word.

trustbutverify 8th September 2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897400)
I don't hear Putin propaganda, ...

LOL, good one.

Wait, you're not serious, are you?

bruto 8th September 2022 09:46 PM

I'm not sure it matters anyway. To admit to making up nonsense and lies rather than believing that of others does not make them better for their freshness. Lies are not like tomatoes or fish.

Gaetan 9th September 2022 03:16 AM

The Prime Minister of Canada and the President of the United States can say that they are against guns but they are among the main exporters of arming in the world to facilitate the task of people who kill each other, you must not believe what they say but believe what they do

trustbutverify 9th September 2022 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897671)
The Prime Minister of Canada and the President of the United States can say that they are against guns but they are among the main exporters of arming in the world to facilitate the task of people who kill each other, you must not believe what they say but believe what they do

Here is your solution... if you're actually serious about any of this- which I doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustbutverify (Post 13891317)
As I've told you before, convince your nation and your special friend Putin to eliminate ALL weapons for a decade. Once ten years of benefits become apparent, the rest of the world will decide to follow. Set an example.

Get to work.

JoeMorgue 9th September 2022 07:36 AM

"I don't hear 2+2=5 propaganda. All I hear is 2+2=4 propaganda and when everyone in the room is saying the same thing, it's vitally important that I disagree to prove that at least I'm thinking for myself."

Crossbow 10th September 2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetan (Post 13897301)
He is just trying to defend his country against NATO aggressors.

Well then if this is the case, then I finally understand why you want all of the nations of the world, except for Russia, to get rid of their weapons.

Because if all of the nations of the world, except for Russia, do get rid of their weapons, then it would be much, much easier for Russia to take over the world.

Foster Zygote 15th September 2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot (Post 13896207)
That's a lovely idea. Unfortunately it bears absolutely no resemblance to reality.

The British spent centuries helping others share their natural resources with them.

[Eyes Canadian forests.]

arthwollipot 15th September 2022 05:59 PM

I'm a little confused about the latest off-topic split, since I for one was asking some very pertinent and on-topic questions. But okay.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.