International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Have you been vaccinated? (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352652)

acbytesla 5th July 2021 02:59 PM

Have you been vaccinated?

I'm curious as this has political implications. Have you been vaccinated?

surrogate 5th July 2021 03:02 PM

Yes, Pfizer.

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 03:06 PM

Yes, as has my husband and daughter (Moderna and Pfizer), my sister and her Republican husband (Pfizer), my brother-in-law and his wife (Moderna), their daughters (one Moderna and J&J for the one who was pregnant at the time) and all my friends.

Happily, Oregon achieved 70% vaccinated the other day.

kookbreaker 5th July 2021 03:17 PM

House Moderna.

theprestige 5th July 2021 03:30 PM

Before I answer, I'd like to know what "political implications" you have in mind, and what you're actually trying to figure out, here.

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527829)
Before I answer, I'd like to know what "political implications" you have in mind, and what you're actually trying to figure out, here.

Pretty obvious to me. Use your knowledge of which party's members have mocked getting vaccinated for a 'hoax' virus.

Delphic Oracle 5th July 2021 03:37 PM

My partner and I are vaccinated. Dad, mom, step-dad, brother, sister-in-law, nephews, aunt, uncle, and cousin.

Other in-laws, who were a vector for infecting my brother, SiL, and one nephew and lost a family member to that same outbreak chain, have largely not vaccinated.

I met a few (SiL's parents) briefly in passing last weekend at the tail end of a gathering with some family (hadn't seen in 10 or so months). They had just been to a cookout fundraiser to build a new church. There was some kind of malfunction with the grills, so the pastor had everyone pray. Then the canopy caught fire. I refrained from making some observations.

theprestige 5th July 2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13527836)
Pretty obvious to me. Use your knowledge of which party's members have mocked getting vaccinated for a 'hoax' virus.

Hopefully acbytesla's curiosity doesn't boil down to bigoted stereotypes and confirmation bias. Perhaps you should do him a favor and let him speak for himself.

Also it seems the poll doesn't expose who voted what. So a party line breakdown isn't really possible. Either acbytesla hasn't thought this through, or you haven't. Which would you say it is?

Upchurch 5th July 2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13527821)
House Moderna.

Same here.

Of my family, only my less-than-12 year old daughter isnít fully inoculated yet.

Upchurch 5th July 2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527844)
Hopefully acbytesla's curiosity doesn't boil down to bigoted stereotypes and confirmation bias.

Whatís the bigoted stereotype?

theprestige 5th July 2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Hopefully acbytesla's curiosity doesn't boil down to bigoted stereotypes and confirmation bias. Perhaps you should do him a favor and let him speak for himself.

Also it seems the poll doesn't expose who voted what. So a party line breakdown isn't really possible. Either acbytesla hasn't thought this through, or you haven't. Which would you say it is?

Yeah, but what are your politics?

acbytesla 5th July 2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527829)

I don't think there should be. But I have heard people in Castle Rock say that COVID is a hoax. There seems to be a lot of GOP members who are dismissive of the health crisis. I actually expect everyone to on ISF to say they have been vaccinated. But maybe I'm wrong.

theprestige 5th July 2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13527858)
I don't think there should be. But I have heard people in Castle Rock say that COVID is a hoax. There seems to be a lot of GOP members who are dismissive of the health crisis. I actually expect everyone to on ISF to say they have been vaccinated. But maybe I'm wrong.

I actually expect most ISF members to say nothing one way or the other.

pgwenthold 5th July 2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 13527849)
Same here.

Of my family, only my less-than-12 year old daughter isnít fully inoculated yet.

Your 12 yo daughter has hers then, yes?

As does my 12 yo son (remember they are about the same age)

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13527836)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13527858)

Quote:

I think he just did. Of course, you could try and change his post to say something else.:rolleyes:

Oh, look...one person (so far) has chosen "No, Covid is a hoax".

Bigoted stereotype, you say?

"Some claims mentioned that COVID-19 vaccine is a Ďtotal hoaxí."

"On November 14, a South Dakota nurse named Jodi Doering... highlighted a real crisis in hospitals around the country, especially in red states where governors have refused mask mandates and the presidentís false claims about the virus are taken as gospel.

In interviews with the Cut, 12 nurses described dealing with COVID-denying patients, from ones who simply refused treatment to those who spit or coughed on them and recited conspiracy theories about the virus."

Covid-19: The Greatest Hoax in History: The startling truth behind the planned world takeover Paperback Ė September 29, 2020
by Dr Vernon Coleman (Author)

"A woman who allegedly live-streamed video inside a hospital to claim Covid-19 was a hoax has denied a public order offence."

"Ted Nugent has tested positive for COVID-19, after referring to the pandemic as a "hoax" on several occasions.
"It's not a real pandemic and that's not a real vaccine, I'm sorry," he falsely argued in another video posted on Christmas."

"A Facebook video filmed live on Dec. 1 and viewed over 6,000 times shows the speaker alleging that the coronavirus pandemic is a scam, that pneumonia is not linked to COVID-19 and that a vaccine against the novel coronavirus will deliver a microchip to the recipient."

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527869)

As there are over 32,000 ISF members, you're highly likely to be correct about this.

The Man 5th July 2021 04:42 PM

Yep, Moderna. Though, given the immunosuppressant I'm on (for psoriatic arthritis) any vaccine may tend to be less effective. Whole household now all V'd up.

acbytesla 5th July 2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527869)

I meant those that respond. :thumbsup:

theprestige 5th July 2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13527886)
As there are over 32,000 ISF members, you're highly likely to be correct about this.

Even if we just count currently active members. If acbytesla had made the votes visible, we might see how much of a political nothingburger this poll actually is.

acbytesla 5th July 2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527894)
Even if we just count currently active members. If acbytesla had made the votes visible, we might see how much of a political nothingburger this poll actually is.

Sorry, I rushed it.

theprestige 5th July 2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13527891)
I meant those that respond. :thumbsup:

What exactly are the political implications of half a dozen people who share your politics responding to a poll about their politics?

d4m10n 5th July 2021 05:23 PM

Vaccinated during Moderna trials, late 2019.

kookbreaker 5th July 2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13527908)
Vaccinated during Moderna trials, late 2019.

Ummm, didnít Moderna trials start in June of 2020?

d4m10n 5th July 2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13527912)
Ummm, didnít Moderna trials start in June of 2020?

Sorry, late 2020.

What year is this?

kookbreaker 5th July 2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13527913)
Sorry, late 2020.

What year is this?

Tuesday.

Gord_in_Toronto 5th July 2021 05:32 PM

Psst. Don't tell anyone but the First Person in Canada to get a Vaccine Shot has Just Died.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/gisele-l...died-1.5496112

Of course she was 89.

acbytesla 5th July 2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 13527898)
What exactly are the political implications of half a dozen people who share your politics responding to a poll about their politics?

Are you suggesting that COVID hasn't been politicized? That the vaccination rates in Red states and rural areas isn't less than in Blue states and urban areas?

mgidm86 5th July 2021 05:38 PM

2019?

Ya of course I'm vaccinated. Only an ignorant, self-involved tool wouldn't get vaccinated at this point. I have no problem admitting it here, I wonder why others do.

Got it in March soon as I could. Everyone in my family has it, even the hard core conservatives.

Hundreds of millions are vaccinated around the world, the numbers are going down in places that have higher numbers of vaccinated folk. There's no weird side effects. Get the gawddamn shot.

Surely no ISF member is foolish enough not to be vaccinated by now. I see one person complaining about the thread but, nah.

ETA:
The political implications might be - ya right like I really need to explain that.

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

You really don't want a correlation between vaccination and political affiliation made, do you? Sorry, too late. It's been done.

Stacyhs 5th July 2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto (Post 13527915)
Psst. Don't tell anyone but the First Person in Canada to get a Vaccine Shot has Just Died.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/gisele-l...died-1.5496112

Of course she was 89.

Even though she died of natural causes, I bet the anti-vax nuts " will be claiming "Woman who had Covid 19 shot dies!" leaving out the "natural causes" part. Honest, they are not.

d4m10n 5th July 2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13527914)
Tuesday.

Anyhow, I got a shirt.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5871cf8144.jpg

Susheel 5th July 2021 07:31 PM

Got my first shot a couple of weeks ago.

newyorkguy 5th July 2021 08:07 PM

I was vaccinated -- I think I've already mentioned this here in one of the threads -- in February (1) and March (2). I got the Moderna vaccine, administered at the VA Hospital on Kingsbridge Road in the Bronx, USA. I don't know about 'political implications,' but Biden beat trump by 83% to 17% in the Bronx last Fall. My wife and I stood on line for two-and-a-half hours to cast our votes. Totally worth it. The only thing we couldn't figure out? trump did a lot better in the Bronx than we expected. A lot better. ;)

sackett 5th July 2021 08:24 PM

Covid vaccine resisters are a menace to public health, and they assert their right to be that. There you have a political stance.

Nobody has the right to endanger others. Let them quibble, haver, deny, and defy all they want.

Me, I'd like to hunt them down. No, not with hot lead, although if they arm themselves that might change, but with high-velocity paintball guns. Odorized paint, don't you think? That would help identify them in the dark.

Yeah, sure, I'm just kidding. Hell yes I am.

The Great Zaganza 5th July 2021 08:58 PM

JayJay

smartcooky 6th July 2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Oh FFS, just stop your incessant whining! Answer the poll or don't. Nobody cares either way what you do,

Upchurch 6th July 2021 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13527877)
Your 12 yo daughter has hers then, yes?

As does my 12 yo son (remember they are about the same age)

Daughter is less than 12, so no vaccine. Son is more than 12, so vaccinated.

We still generally mask up as a family because of the unvaccinated daughter for both anti-transmission reasons and moral support.

Mike! 6th July 2021 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgidm86 (Post 13527918)
2019?

Ya of course I'm vaccinated. Only an ignorant, self-involved tool wouldn't get vaccinated at this point. I have no problem admitting it here, I wonder why others do.

Got it in March soon as I could. Everyone in my family has it, even the hard core conservatives.

Hundreds of millions are vaccinated around the world, the numbers are going down in places that have higher numbers of vaccinated folk. There's no weird side effects. Get the gawddamn shot.

Surely no ISF member is foolish enough not to be vaccinated by now. I see one person complaining about the thread but, nah.

ETA:
The political implications might be - ya right like I really need to explain that.

I bet I could name a member who hasn't.

Meanwhile, all in the family Mike! have been vaxed.

ToddH 6th July 2021 04:41 AM

All vaccinated in my household, including my 13 year old son.

Warp12 6th July 2021 07:18 AM

I am getting my first shot this week. I would have liked to have gotten it sooner, tbh.

Since the vaccine isn't required by law, I support an individual's right to make a choice. Even if I may not agree with their decision or the reasoning behind it.

Making it about politics seems rather silly to me. But to each their own.