International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

Stacyhs 22nd January 2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13370716)
Not wanting to be left behind in the stupid contest. Boebrick has intorudced a measure repealing Biden's Mask Mandate.
The Republican war on science continues.

Science is only a theory. :rolleyes:

dudalb 22nd January 2021 03:05 PM

Can you change the title of a thread you start?
I would like to change the title of this thread to "The Marjorie Green/Lauren Boebert Thread".

Venom 22nd January 2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13370823)
Can you change the title of a thread you start?
I would like to change the title of this thread to "The Marjorie Green/Lauren Boebert Thread".

Seconded.

dudalb 22nd January 2021 05:20 PM

BTW my last post is a serious question: Is there someway I can change the title of a thread I created?

kookbreaker 22nd January 2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13370960)
BTW my last post is a serious question: Is there someway I can change the title of a thread I created?

I think you need to DM a mod.

dudalb 27th January 2021 01:25 PM

Taylor Greene supported executing Democratic Leaders:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/polit...nce/index.html

dudalb 27th January 2021 02:24 PM

More batcrap insanity from Taylor Green:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3ge...spiracy-theory

shemp 27th January 2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13375671)
More batcrap insanity from Taylor Green:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3ge...spiracy-theory

Holy ****! If that isn't 1000% absolutely bat **** crazy then nothing is!

dudalb 27th January 2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13375675)
Holy ****! If that isn't 1000% absolutely bat **** crazy then nothing is!

Sanity is Fake News.

Stacyhs 27th January 2021 04:31 PM

Taylor Greene has been appointed to the House Education and Labor Committee despite her claiming that the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, "weren't real" but were "false flag" operations intended to drum up support for gun control. She is one crazy biatch.

pgwenthold 27th January 2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13375776)
Taylor Greene has been appointed to the House Education and Labor Committee despite her claiming that the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, "weren't real" but were "false flag" operations intended to drum up support for gun control. She is one crazy biatch.

Who in the republican leadership did that?

Stacyhs 27th January 2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgwenthold (Post 13375778)
Who in the republican leadership did that?

The House Republican conference which is headed my Liz Cheney. I don't know who within the conference came up with that bright idea.

dmaker 27th January 2021 07:41 PM

Channel 3 crew threatened with arrest after asking Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a question during town hall meeting


https://t.co/GZh5ZDL1CW?amp=1

Bob001 27th January 2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13375671)
More batcrap insanity from Taylor Green:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3ge...spiracy-theory

It's hard to understand why embracing lunacy like this isn't treated as a true psychiatric disorder, rendering someone unfit to hold any responsible public or private job, care for children, etc., etc.

Bob001 27th January 2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdweller (Post 13370095)
Running unopposed after her Democratic rival fell afoul of divorce and residency requirements didn't hurt either.


It's a heavily Repub district. But she ran in the Repub primary against eight other candidates. This is anoher argument for rank-choice voting. She won 40% of the primary vote, but that means 60% of the voters wanted somebody else. If they could have named a second or third choice, she might not have been the one to go to the run-off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjor..._note-dyRVR-18

Stacyhs 28th January 2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13375966)
It's a heavily Repub district. But she ran in the Repub primary against eight other candidates. This is anoher argument for rank-choice voting. She won 40% of the primary vote, but that means 60% of the voters wanted somebody else. If they could have named a second or third choice, she might not have been the one to go to the run-off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjor..._note-dyRVR-18

The fact that she could even get 40% of the vote is scary, especially when the candidate getting the next amount of greatest votes was a die hard Trump supporting neurosurgeon.

The Don 28th January 2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13375966)
It's a heavily Repub district. But she ran in the Repub primary against eight other candidates. This is anoher argument for rank-choice voting. She won 40% of the primary vote, but that means 60% of the voters wanted somebody else. If they could have named a second or third choice, she might not have been the one to go to the run-off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjor..._note-dyRVR-18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13376107)
The fact that she could even get 40% of the vote is scary, especially when the candidate getting the next amount of greatest votes was a die hard Trump supporting neurosurgeon.

I think the "mainstream" in the US need to acknowledge that QAnon is firmly entrenched in the GOP and that its influence is only going to grow. We've seen it before with religious fundamentalists and with the Tea Party, the Republican Party is very good at embracing what appear to be fringe movements and then moving its centre (or perhaps extending its boundaries) to make them quite usual in short order.

That Taylor Greene has been appointed to the House Education and Labor Committee is a clear nod that she, and her views, have been very quickly embraced by the Republican Party. Heck, her QAnon views are not so different than the view that the election was stolen and that's Republican Party policy these days. :mad:

Venom 28th January 2021 01:15 AM

She should be removed from office. No seriously.

She can't be in a position of public leadership.

The Don 28th January 2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 13376116)
She should be removed from office. No seriously.

She can't be in a position of public leadership.

Why not ?

She represents the views of a substantial minority of one of the US' two major political parties. IMO as with President Trump she is just a symptom and if you were to remove her, she'd rapidly be replaced with someone with similar, or even more extreme, views.

I think what the US and the rest of the Western world needs to think about is how such a ridiculous conspiracy theory could get sufficient traction that it has become a major force in politics.

The Great Zaganza 28th January 2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13376117)
Why not ?

She represents the views of a substantial minority of one of the US' two major political parties. IMO as with President Trump she is just a symptom and if you were to remove her, she'd rapidly be replaced with someone with similar, or even more extreme, views.

I think what the US and the rest of the Western world needs to think about is how such a ridiculous conspiracy theory could get sufficient traction that it has become a major force in politics.

You convinced me.

The House should vote to remove a substantial minority of one of the US' two major political parties.

Stacyhs 28th January 2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13376115)
I think the "mainstream" in the US need to acknowledge that QAnon is firmly entrenched in the GOP and that its influence is only going to grow. We've seen it before with religious fundamentalists and with the Tea Party, the Republican Party is very good at embracing what appear to be fringe movements and then moving its centre (or perhaps extending its boundaries) to make them quite usual in short order.

That Taylor Greene has been appointed to the House Education and Labor Committee is a clear nod that she, and her views, have been very quickly embraced by the Republican Party. Heck, her QAnon views are not so different than the view that the election was stolen and that's Republican Party policy these days. :mad:

I don't think that QAnon is going to grow. I think it's a flash in the pan. Sure, there will be the die hard whackadoodles; there always are. But that's just like there will always be the birthers, the 9/11 and moon landing truthers but it's not going to go mainstream GOP. MTG is still going to be a nutter even among the majority of the GOP in Congress and they'll laugh at her behind closed doors even while appointing her to the House Education and Labor Committee because if there's one thing the GOP does for the most part it's follow Reagan's Eleventh Commandment "Thou shall not speak ill of another Republican"...at least in public.

The Great Zaganza 28th January 2021 01:54 AM

I agree with The Don that Q is here to stay, if as nothing more than an anchor that other pet CTs will have to attach themselves in some way.

Squeegee Beckenheim 28th January 2021 03:10 AM

I mean, if proof were needed that QAnon is an amazingly successful trolling campaign, the name "frazzledrip" should suffice.

Jim_MDP 28th January 2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13375671)
More batcrap insanity from Taylor Green:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3ge...spiracy-theory

Well... alrighty then. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Trebuchet 28th January 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13375776)
Taylor Greene has been appointed to the House Education and Labor Committee despite her claiming that the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, "weren't real" but were "false flag" operations intended to drum up support for gun control. She is one crazy biatch.

I caught a couple minutes of a Pelosi press conference this morning. Someone asked about that and she was geunuinely pissed off. Irate, even.

Trebuchet 28th January 2021 12:01 PM

Bad Legal Takes

shemp 28th January 2021 01:22 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene penned conspiracy theory that a laser beam from space started deadly 2018 California wildfire


Quote:

In November 2018, California was hit with the worst wildfire in the state’s history. At the time, future Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) wrote a bizarre Facebook post that echoed QAnon conspiracy theorists and falsely claimed that the real and hidden culprit behind the disaster was a laser from space triggered by some nefarious group of people.
Quote:

Rep. Greene is a proponent of the Camp Fire laser beam conspiracy theory. She wrote a November 17, 2018, Facebook post -- which is no longer available online -- in which she said that she was speculating “because there are too many coincidences to ignore” regarding the fire, including that then-California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) wanted to build the high-speed rail project and “oddly there are all these people who have said they saw what looked like lasers or blue beams of light causing the fires.” She also speculated that a vice chairman at “Rothschild Inc, international investment banking firm” was somehow involved, and suggested the fire was caused by a beam from “space solar generators.”

Greene added: “If they are beaming the suns energy back to Earth, I’m sure they wouldn’t ever miss a transmitter receiving station right??!! I mean mistakes are never made when anything new is invented. What would that look like anyway? A laser beam or light beam coming down to Earth I guess. Could that cause a fire? Hmmm, I don’t know. I hope not! That wouldn’t look so good for PG&E, Rothschild Inc, Solaren or Jerry Brown who sure does seem fond of PG&E.”


dudalb 28th January 2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13376119)
I don't think that QAnon is going to grow. I think it's a flash in the pan. Sure, there will be the die hard whackadoodles; there always are. But that's just like there will always be the birthers, the 9/11 and moon landing truthers but it's not going to go mainstream GOP. MTG is still going to be a nutter even among the majority of the GOP in Congress and they'll laugh at her behind closed doors even while appointing her to the House Education and Labor Committee because if there's one thing the GOP does for the most part it's follow Reagan's Eleventh Commandment "Thou shall not speak ill of another Republican"...at least in public.

The GOP leaders in the house stuck her in the commitees where she could do the lead damage. You have to give every congressperson some commitee assignments and education and labor are among the least powerful commitees..

kookbreaker 28th January 2021 03:06 PM

She’s from a safely red district, if the GOP was wise, or even tired of her crap already, they’d let her get tossed and just get another Republican elected there.

Mader Levap 28th January 2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13375679)
Sanity is Fake News.

We all know what happened last time far-rightwing nutty party full of conspiracy theories that entered mainstream took power.

Norman Alexander 28th January 2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13376805)
The GOP leaders in the house stuck her in the commitees where she could do the lead damage. You have to give every congressperson some commitee assignments and education and labor are among the least powerful commitees..

Further, she will be assigned "administrative" duties - pencil-sharpening and covfefe-fetching. Actually, if they ask for her to get their covfefe from, say, a specific Maryland cafe, she can be physically out of the room for a looooong time.

smartcooky 28th January 2021 03:51 PM

Further confirmation (if any was needed) that she is a total whackjob!

smartcooky 28th January 2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13376867)
Further, she will be assigned "administrative" duties - pencil-sharpening and covfefe-fetching. Actually, if they ask for her to get their covfefe from, say, a specific Maryland cafe, she can be physically out of the room for a looooong time.

Put her on "gardening leave" !

Bob001 28th January 2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13376805)
The GOP leaders in the house stuck her in the commitees where she could do the lead damage. You have to give every congressperson some commitee assignments and education and labor are among the least powerful commitees..

That might be true, but her history should disqualify her from being anywhere around schools. There are other insignificant committees.

trustbutverify 28th January 2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13375592)
Taylor Greene supported executing Democratic Leaders:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/polit...nce/index.html

And? I thought that was to be assumed.

dudalb 28th January 2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13376826)
She’s from a safely red district, if the GOP was wise, or even tired of her crap already, they’d let her get tossed and just get another Republican elected there.

That is what they eventually did with Steve King: they bankrolled a challenger in the primaries who beat King.
The district is a Mickey Mouse GOP districti...they would elect Mickey Mouse if he ran on the GOP ticket ( and I hastent oadd there are pleny of Mickey Mouse Democraticf Districts) so they have nohting to lose by getting rid of her.

dudalb 28th January 2021 04:45 PM

Ya gotta give here credit though; only a month in office and she has already out Steve King'd Steve King.

dudalb 28th January 2021 05:00 PM

I would like to thank the people who are posting here on Green's latest insanities. They are coming so frequentlly that keeping this thread up to date on my own was becoming a real chore.

kookbreaker 28th January 2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13376959)
Ya gotta give here credit though; only a month in office and she has already out Steve King'd Steve King.

Heck, she was ticking off Crenshaw just days after the election.

Babbylonian 28th January 2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13376826)
She’s from a safely red district, if the GOP was wise, or even tired of her crap already, they’d let her get tossed and just get another Republican elected there.

That's a good theory, but IIRC the party did fund her primary opponent and she still won. Her district wanted a dangerous loon and they got one.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.