International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Thread for Dumbass GOP Politicians Who Died of Covid (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353697)

shemp 21st August 2021 09:01 AM

The Thread for Dumbass GOP Politicians Who Died of Covid
 
1 Attachment(s)
I think we need a thread to collect these deaths that didn't need to happen, but that did happen because the GOP hates Democrats, science, intelligence and common sense, and celebrates their FREEDUMBS!

Let's start here. Please feel free to add.

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus

Quote:

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina, shared conspiracy theories from his ICU bed.

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.
Quote:

In July, Stutts shared a Facebook post dismissing the delta variant, which was likely the one that ended his life.

On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”

He also posted conspiracy theories about the virus online. Last year, he dismissed masks as an “illusion,” claimed in December that there had been no increase in deaths in 2020, and said, “the American public has been gaslighted by the medical industrial complex.”
Good riddance you stupid malicious ********! How many people died because they believed you and others of your ilk? How many more will die? How many children have you killed, you ******* worthless piece of ******?

Please post pictures of these scum when available. People should see how normal and mundane the face of pure stupid evil can be.

newyorkguy 21st August 2021 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this isn't quite what Shemp has in mind but I find myself still occasionally thinking about the death of Herman Cain. Cain, the perennial Republican presidential hopeful, attended trump's Tulsa rally last June, appearing maskless when the local area was in the midst of a Covid-19 spike. Even after being diagnosed with Covid-19 (it eventually killed him), Cain was STILL urging people not use face masks.
Quote:

On Wednesday [July 1] – two days after Cain was said to have tested positive – he tweeted his apparent support for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s decision not to require mask-wearing or social distancing during Trump’s upcoming visit to Mount Rushmore. “Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump,” Cain tweeted. “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!” link to story on CNBC
People were fed up but four weeks later Herman Cain was dead. What I find myself pondering every once in a while, was an interview I read with one of Cain's daughters. She loved and misses her dad but is still frustrated by his death. Her father, she said, normally DID wear a mask, the maskless attendance at the trump rally -- which she did not attend -- was pure political showing off and she thinks that's where he was infected.

She said her father returned to Atlanta in the week after the Tulsa rally and was staying in her home, where he probably infected her. By the following weekend both were feeling ill and when they decided to get tested for Covid-19 both tested positive. In another few days they were both so sick that the daughter decided to seek medical treatment. She drove with her father to an emergency room at a local hospital. When they got out of the car to go inside, her father collapsed.

Cain's much younger daughter recovered, but the saddest realization for her is, none of this had to happen. :(

sir drinks-a-lot 21st August 2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13576872)
Her father, she said, normally DID wear a mask, the maskless attendance at the trump rally -- which she did not attend -- was pure political showing off and she thinks that's where he was infected.

Interesting. It's sort of the opposite of what so many stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons do by violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera, but making a big show of wearing masks when they're on camera.


ETA: Changed "Democrats" to "stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons" to better fit the tone of the thread.

TragicMonkey 21st August 2021 10:53 AM

Virus don't care about your politics, it just wants your sweet succulent lungs to use for its orgies.

thaiboxerken 21st August 2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13576886)
Virus don't care about your politics, it just wants your sweet succulent lungs to use for its orgies.

True, but one political party is actively seeking to help provide lungs for those orgies.

Stacyhs 21st August 2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot (Post 13576876)
Interesting. It's sort of the opposite of what so many stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons do by violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera, but making a big show of wearing masks when they're on camera.


ETA: Changed "Democrats" to "stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons" to better fit the tone of the thread.

Do any of those " DUMBocrat morons" actively promote anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine misinformation/lies or pass laws suppressing steps schools etc take to prevent the spread of Covid?

Come back to me when you can provide a name. Until then....

Horatius 21st August 2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13576942)
Do any of those " DUMBocrat morons" actively promote anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine misinformation/lies or pass laws suppressing steps schools etc take to prevent the spread of Covid?

Come back to me when you can provide a name. Until then....



Also, he should list how many of them have died from COVID. I mean, if they're routinely "violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera", then there should be a lot of them, right?

thaiboxerken 21st August 2021 01:30 PM

If a "dumbocrat" says that people should vaccinate and wear masks, but does not do it themselves, does that mean they're spreading misinformation?

Apathia 21st August 2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13576902)
True, but one political party is actively seeking to help provide lungs for those orgies.

Covid gotta go somewhere after losing FansOnly.

kookbreaker 21st August 2021 03:15 PM

Someone is low on liberal tears.

Stacyhs 21st August 2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13577006)
Someone is low on liberal tears.

That's from crying over all the innocent people idiot anti-vaxxers and/or anti-maskers are infecting and/or killing. But empathy/sympathy are not strong points right now on the GOP side, are they?

mgidm86 21st August 2021 04:13 PM

Great we needed a "feel good" kinda thread.

Picked at random:

Texas politician dies of COVID 5 days after posting anti-vaccine meme

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...i2u-story.html

Quote:

Dickinson City Council member and State Republican Executive Committee member H. Scott Apley, 45, died due to complications from COVID-19 Wednesday morning.

..........

Known for his extreme conservative beliefs and Christian faith, Apley rallied against most COVID-19 safety policies. In May, Apley posted an invitation to attend a “mask burning” at a Cincinnati bar, adding “I wish I lived in the area!”
I also thought of Herman Cain first.

Stacyhs 21st August 2021 04:57 PM

Trump himself almost made the list. If he hadn't been POTUS, the chances would have been low for him to have received Remdesivir, dexamethasone, and an experimental cocktail of monoclonal antibodies plus personalized care from several physicians. He was elderly and obese...not a good combination for surviving.

Mike! 21st August 2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13576942)
Do any of those " DUMBocrat morons" actively promote anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine misinformation/lies or pass laws suppressing steps schools etc take to prevent the spread of Covid?

Come back to me when you can provide a name. Until then....

Not exactly what you asked for, but I seem to recall some democrats from Texas all going someplace maskless on a private plane for some silly reason or another, and passing covid around like a party favor.

https://apnews.com/article/health-go...a3ce2ca26b6644

Of course none of them died, or were stupid republicans, so this is pretty much a derail anyway. Just ignore it.

Herman Cain was the very first name that popped in my head when I read the thread title too.

Horatius 21st August 2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13577082)
Not exactly what you asked for, but I seem to recall some democrats from Texas all going someplace maskless on a private plane for some silly reason or another, and passing covid around like a party favor.


Quote:

More than 50 Texas lawmakers traveled to Washington on Monday aboard a private charter flight. A caucus official has said all had been vaccinated.

So, not quite so stupid as the GOP, then.

shemp 21st August 2021 08:11 PM

Another one bites the dust.

Conservative Radio Host Who Mocked Vaccines Dies of COVID-19

Quote:

A conservative radio host in Nashville who derided vaccines and spread misinformation about the coronavirus has died of COVID-19. Phil Valentine was 61.

Though Valentine downplayed the efficacy of vaccines and even went so far as to record a parody song mocking them, he reversed his opinion while in the hospital, advising his family members to get the jab.
Quote:

Before he fell ill with the virus, Valentine had spoken out against mask mandates and written a parody of The Beatles’ song “Taxman” called “Vaxman” mocking the preventative. He sang it on the air.

“Let me tell you how it will be, and I don’t care if you agree, ‘Cause I’m the Vaxman, yeah I’m the Vaxman,” he sang. “If you don’t like me coming round, be thankful I don’t hold you down.”
Another ******* gets what he deserved.

smartcooky 21st August 2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13576959)
Also, he should list how many of them have died from COVID. I mean, if they're routinely "violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera", then there should be a lot of them, right?

That would be evidence.... and you know that Trumpistas don't do evidence

smartcooky 21st August 2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13577137)
Another one bites the dust.

Conservative Radio Host Who Mocked Vaccines Dies of COVID-19
Another ******* gets what he deserved.

And another one... this one living in "Covid Central"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-dies-covid19/

newyorkguy 21st August 2021 08:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
H. Scott Apley was a Texas politician who died of Covid-19. Eight days before dying he had posted the anti-vaccine meme shown below on the left. As reported in the New York Daily News article linked above:
Quote:

“My heart is beyond broken for his family,” wrote Dickinson Mayor Sean Skipworth in a Facebook post. “Scott was a new father and that makes this loss especially tragic.”
It's hard to believe if Apley was a new dad that he would remain steadfast in refusing to get vaccinated. Apley, who was obese, is shown (below right) posing for a photo with his infant son. He was a first-time father at age 45. Ironically, the photo shows Apley is maskless while the others in the photo are wearing face masks. I understand some posters do not like the use of the word "dumbass," but is this your idea of an intelligent person? :(

Regnad Kcin 21st August 2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13577082)
Herman Cain was the very first name that popped in my head when I read the thread title too.

When I read the thread title the very first name that popped into my head was Shemp, as in: I bet I know who created this thread.

Regnad Kcin 21st August 2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13577137)

Hmm, while no doubt his show “discussed” (read: drooled) politics, does he belong in this GOP Politicians R Dead thread?

Regnad Kcin 21st August 2021 09:23 PM

Missed Me By That Much!

Maine Lawmaker Whose Wife Just Died of COVID Joins Anti-Vax Rally

Stacyhs 21st August 2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13577082)
Not exactly what you asked for, but I seem to recall some democrats from Texas all going someplace maskless on a private plane for some silly reason or another, and passing covid around like a party favor.

https://apnews.com/article/health-go...a3ce2ca26b6644

Of course none of them died, or were stupid republicans, so this is pretty much a derail anyway. Just ignore it.

Herman Cain was the very first name that popped in my head when I read the thread title too.

I don't think 6 out of 50 legislators and their accompanying 15-20 staff is exactly 'passing it around like a party favor'.

They should have worn masks even thought the CDC says people on private planes don't have to wear masks. But as, the 'DUMBocrat morons' were smart enough to get vaccinated, are showing no or very mild symptoms, and none of them has pushed anti-mask nonsense, you're right: it's not what I asked for.

Stacyhs 21st August 2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin (Post 13577182)

You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it. I bet his wife, as she lay dying, wished she'd gotten vaccinated.

Apathia 22nd August 2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13577228)
You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it. I bet his wife, as she lay dying, wished she'd gotten vaccinated.

Or a man of political ambition.

TragicMonkey 22nd August 2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13577228)
You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it. I bet his wife, as she lay dying, wished she'd gotten vaccinated.

I wouldn't bet on it. There are accounts from medical staff of covid patients using their last conscious breath to declare it was a hoax and they weren't sick, or it was just the flu, etc etc. Never underestimate the potential stupidity of humans.

slyjoe 22nd August 2021 08:12 AM

To save time, here is a list of politicians and officials (without party affiliation) with or died from COVID.

https://ballotpedia.org/Government_o...mic,_2020-2021

Segnosaur 22nd August 2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13577228)
You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it.

Maybe he didn't like his wife.

Cheaper than a divorce.


Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Craig4 22nd August 2021 10:29 AM

The anti vax, anti mask, anti American dead politicians are funny. The real good news though is their supporters. With tight races in Florida, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona, Covid could be great for Democrats in 2022.

BobTheCoward 22nd August 2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13577534)
The anti vax, anti mask, anti American dead politicians are funny. The real good news though is their supporters. With tight races in Florida, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona, Covid could be great for Democrats in 2022.

I think the African American rate is going to do more damage than the republican rate

Stacyhs 22nd August 2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13577410)
I wouldn't bet on it. There are accounts from medical staff of covid patients using their last conscious breath to declare it was a hoax and they weren't sick, or it was just the flu, etc etc. Never underestimate the potential stupidity of humans.

Yeah....thanks for reminding me.

Segnosaur 22nd August 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward (Post 13577539)
I think the African American rate is going to do more damage than the republican rate

Maybe, maybe not.

It is true that in many places, vaccination of minorities has lagged behind that of white people. But, there has been a shift... Now, the rate of new vaccinations shows minorities getting vaccinated at a faster rate than white people. At some point there is a chance they will "catch up".

Why the change? Maybe part of the reason for the slower initial uptake of vaccines in the african american community was partly due to availability rather than hesitancy (something that can easily be corrected) or maybe those minority groups are actually able to learn (something many hardcore republicans seem to be unable to do)

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

newyorkguy 22nd August 2021 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Linda Zuern, a Tea Party Republican from Massachusetts' Cape Cod was actively anti-vaccine. She passed away in July after a long struggle with Covid-19. She was the real deal:
Quote:

She had previously voiced her opposition to wearing masks, vaccines, her disbelief in climate change, and insistance that President Joe Biden stole the election from Trump. "What a sad day for our country, when someone takes office by cheating!" she wrote in a Facebook post on Inauguration Day. "Biden is nobody's President, since his election was fraudulent." Link to article in US Sun
Zuern is another one who, had she been vaccinated, would still be alive today. Only she wasn't and she's not.

Stacyhs 22nd August 2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13577566)
Linda Zuern, a Tea Party Republican from Massachusetts' Cape Cod was actively anti-vaccine. She passed away in July after a long struggle with Covid-19. She was the real deal:


Zuern is another one who, had she been vaccinated, would still be alive today. Only she wasn't and she's not.

You can't fix stupid.

MarkCorrigan 22nd August 2021 11:37 AM

I dunno, her dying rather indicates there's one way to fix it.

CORed 22nd August 2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13576842)
I think we need a thread to collect these deaths that didn't need to happen, but that did happen because the GOP hates Democrats, science, intelligence and common sense, and celebrates their FREEDUMBS!

Let's start here. Please feel free to add.

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus





Good riddance you stupid malicious ********! How many people died because they believed you and others of your ilk? How many more will die? How many children have you killed, you ******* worthless piece of ******?

Please post pictures of these scum when available. People should see how normal and mundane the face of pure stupid evil can be.


"Dumbass GOP politicians" is redundant. It's not as if there is any other kind of GOP politician.

shemp 22nd August 2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORed (Post 13577588)
"Dumbass GOP politicians" is redundant. It's not as if there is any other kind of GOP politician.

Arnie S. was and is not a dumbass. See my sig. There's a few, but far too few.

shemp 22nd August 2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13577571)
You can't fix stupid.

Hers' got fixed quite nicely.

Craig4 22nd August 2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13577571)
You can't fix stupid.

Sure you can. You just let their kind die. All fixed.

Stacyhs 22nd August 2021 03:50 PM

Nah, guys....her stupid didn't get fixed; it just got terminated. Now, her husband's stupid is still running butt naked wild.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.