International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   9/11 Conspiracy Theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   9/11: How they Faked the Videos (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341275)

smartcooky 27th January 2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968683)
Oh, and just to pass the time, can someone tell me what this is?

https://robinsrevision.files.wordpre...-23.png?w=1024

A scan of an 18% grey card?

Robin 27th January 2020 03:26 PM

Oh come on, you can do better with a nice clear picture like that.

curious cat 27th January 2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12968569)
The resolution is good enough to make out pieces of paper flying out of the building, most of which are probably less than 12 inches square.

...and moving by speed of about 0.5 m/s.
I know this fact is more about digital compression and frame rate, but it still puts in question the value of your observation.

abaddon 27th January 2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968702)
Oh come on, you can do better with a nice clear picture like that.

Either you are being ironic or you do not realise we see a big grey square of nothing. One way or the other, this thread is so out there, how could we tell?

Given your contribs to date, you get the benefit of the doubt for me but, good grief, it is becoming hard to tell crank from irony.

Let us be honest. MJ has his crank scenario. Yankee has an entirely different scenario. Yet somehow they support each other. Because what?

At this point, one cannot further boil this kettle. Irony is no longer appropriate. Nor is mockery. Nor are mere facts. We have hit max loon and when that happens in any scenario, time to walk away.

One merely needs to take a step back and observe the claims made. Yankee's and MJ's claims cannot be reconciled. (well unless one appeals to magic). They care not a whit.

They will align right up to the point at which they consider they have defeated all opposition. Then they will turn on each other.

This has all happened before and this will all happen again.

Robin 27th January 2020 03:52 PM

Ironic? Moi?

The resolution is good enough to see what we need to see. I think that there may be a piece of paper there at the bottom right.

Robin 27th January 2020 03:59 PM

Basically I have stopped the Hezarkhani video at the moment of impact and grabbed a large section of the picture just above the plane.

So what we are looking at is a series of aluminium clad columns about 40 cm wide and windows in between that are 50 cm wide.

I just wanted to get the "resolution is good enough to see what we need to see" claim in context.

abaddon 27th January 2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968737)
Ironic? Moi?

The resolution is good enough to see what we need to see. I think that there may be a piece of paper there at the bottom right.

I am sufficiently gifted in years to have little patience with this dance. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Else, I have little enough time to waste on cryptic BS. Life is short, and most of mine is in the past.

Robin 27th January 2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon (Post 12968744)
I am sufficiently gifted in years to have little patience with this dance. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Else, I have little enough time to waste on cryptic BS. Life is short, and most of mine is in the past.

I don't see anything cryptic about the question. I showed a photograph and asked if anyone could tell me what it was.

Robin 27th January 2020 04:18 PM

And perhaps the video posted on YouTube as the raw video is not the clearest. If there is clearer video of this to be found, I will be happy to have a look.

BStrong 27th January 2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968743)
Basically I have stopped the Hezarkhani video at the moment of impact and grabbed a large section of the picture just above the plane.

So what we are looking at is a series of aluminium clad columns about 40 cm wide and windows in between that are 50 cm wide.

I just wanted to get the "resolution is good enough to see what we need to see" claim in context.

If the parry in question was involved in this discussion in good faith, you'd be on the right track.

You're not on the right track.

No-planers are bot reality based.

Robin 27th January 2020 05:24 PM

Oh, I see the paper.

You can see the paper when it is zoomed in and when it is zoomed in you can also see the individual columns.

When it is zoomed back out again to where it was when the impact occurred, you can't see them any more.

pgimeno 27th January 2020 05:35 PM

I got what the picture was pretty much immediately. Not because I distinguished any details, but because I guessed your intentions :)

A bit of GIMPing (a little crop + Normalize) revealed squares typical of compression artifacts:

Blue Mountain 27th January 2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968757)
I don't see anything cryptic about the question. I showed a photograph and asked if anyone could tell me what it was.

It's a picture of an elephant in a dust storm. Not sure what that has to do with 9/11, though. :)

bruto 27th January 2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12968683)
Oh, and just to pass the time, can someone tell me what this is?

https://robinsrevision.files.wordpre...-23.png?w=1024

It's obvious enough, isn't it? Wake up. It's all there in black and white. The fake media have blinded you to its subtle, entropic perfection.

Regnad Kcin 27th January 2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12968580)
Whether or not I can make the calculations, the resolution is good enough to see what we need to see. So I don't have to make the effort just to humour people for whom no answer is good enough and will never admit they're wrong. Because, as I've said before- to admit you're wrong about something like this will remove this site's reason for being and your reason for being here. It's never going to happen no matter what proof I could present.

Say, what model Dodge do you drive?

AJM8125 27th January 2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin (Post 12968916)
Say, what model Dodge do you drive?

A no-planer with access to a motor vehicle? Like I don't have enough nightmares.

The Common Potato 28th January 2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge (Post 12968352)
And a US Grand Prix where the low data rate link back to the UK produced bizarre effects such as distant cars passing behind lighting poles but seeming to disappear behind each pole before popping out of the other side like something from a Chuck Jones cartoon.

You've totally lost it. Grand Prix cars don't overtake anything and won't until 2021. FACT!

Roll on 13:00, Friday, 13 March. :dc_biggrin:

Robin 28th January 2020 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12968323)
I was waiting to see what mental contortions you lot would resort to to protect your world view.

I am not sure why you think this is a world view. What is it to me whether there were planes or not?

It is just that any reasonable analysis the evidence says that there were planes.

Cosmic Yak 28th January 2020 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12968334)
Get a dictionary and look up the difference between 'distrust' and 'disbelieve'.

OK.
To demonstrate that you are not merely engaging in semantic quibbling, I'd like to ask you something:
In the context of 9/11, can you point to an example of a claim or a piece of information from an authority that you initially distrusted, where that distrust did not translate into disbelief, and you ended up accepting it?

JSanderO 28th January 2020 07:39 AM

I was shocked that the towers can down so quickly and completely. And then 7wtc. Being an architect didn't do much for understanding what I saw.

I did not for a instant think it was an FX display. But I can't explain how everything I see "works".

The first explanations were pancakes and then sagging trusses... They seemed incomplete and did not make sense.

The truther types decided that what they saw was not "natural or normal" and there for the explanations were covering something up... an "inside job".

Other people studied the images and vids and use physics and engineering to work out what was possibly happening. NIST's work was not bad but unsatisfying to me. The ROOSD (by an name) seemed to identify how a long span open office structure would collapse as we saw. It made sense.

I realized without sufficient REAL TIME data there will be no definitive explanation for the collapses. All will be educated guesses... some better than others.

Over time I have learned and accepted the technical work explaining what happened. And over time the truther positions appeared more and more unfounded. Steve's is completely untenable.

There will be no new official investigation. And if there was it would reveal nothing new.

Itchy Boy 28th January 2020 11:27 AM

I see my work is done here. Mission Accomplished. As much as I'd like to take credit, all the credit has to go to beachnut and curious_cat for their resourcefulness.
Don't worry about the egg on your face. Though the yolk's on you, it will slide off soon enough. Best wishes to all here...farewell my friends.

smartcooky 28th January 2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12969575)
I see my work is done here. Mission Accomplished. As much as I'd like to take credit, all the credit has to go to beachnut and curious_cat for their resourcefulness.
Don't worry about the egg on your face. Though the yolk's on you, it will slide off soon enough. Best wishes to all here...farewell my friends.

A pigeon chess flounce then? Wow, I never saw that coming! :rolleyes:

Elagabalus 28th January 2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Wait, before you go we would like you to fill out a small questionnaire in order to serve you better in the future.

Please go to: www.nist.gov/placate-the-sheeple-iniative/questionnaire

Jack by the hedge 28th January 2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 12969665)

When all is lost, declare victory and scarper.

beachnut 28th January 2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

You butchered physics, taken failed video analysis to new levels of incompetence.

Declare victory and run away - the paranoid conspiracy theorist standard exit after failing to produce evidence.

Don't forget to take the prize, the meme of honor

https://i.imgflip.com/3n4p9r.jpg

GlennB 28th January 2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

I had to google it, but yeah :) I wonder if he can nail the dismount though? I have my doubts.

bknight 28th January 2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Doubtful, but wishful for sure.

curious cat 28th January 2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

You will be sadly missed. You are adorable with your blissful ignorance and selective vision. Pleasure meeting you :-).
BTW: I am proud my screen name has entered the history books being associated with the ultimate proof of the 9/11 conspiracy and the most important scientific discovery ever made!

AJM8125 28th January 2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...er.php?u=74632

Last Activity: Today 03:57 PM

Didn't quite stick the landing there Itchy?

:rolleyes:

pgimeno 28th January 2020 07:00 PM

Too bad Itchy Boy leaves without addressing...
  • my question about why he expects that the damage in the Hezarkhani video should be more visible than a slight darkening (here)
  • my question about how many people had to be involved in the no-plane fakery (here)
  • the tips I gave him about how to verify what he asked how to verify (here)
It's almost as if he doesn't want the truth and he's just happy to shield himself in whatever twisted view of the world is in his mind. Oh well, he has accomplished his mission, so... *shrug*

Robin 28th January 2020 08:07 PM

I am not even clear about what it is that the no-planers are claiming. OK, I get that this powerful secret cabal supposed to have put together a team of missile experts to mount a precision strike on the WTC towers to make it look like aeroplanes have crashed into them and just trust that this team never mention the fact for the rest of their lives.

And then there is a team of people with cameras and camcorders (including TV journalists and camera operators) who record the event and then turn in the photographs and films to the Cabal and they are just trusted to never mention this fact for the rest of their lives.

The videos and photos are doctored to remove missiles and to insert aeroplanes and these video artists are trusted never to mention this for the rest of their lives.

Then these videos are distributed to all TV stations in some manner not specified and they are showed on television.

Now I am not sure what happens. Are the real planes flown out to sea and ditched or something? Or were there never any real planes and the airline companies agreed to pretend planes and flights existed but never did?

And this thing about the building being empty. Did the companies who are tenants of the buildings tell their employees to stay home that day, but to pretend they had been in the office?

If I am to accept "something, something fuzzy photo" or "something, something fuzzy video" as overwhelming evidence for something, can we at least have it made clear what it is supposed to be evidence for?

Maybe we can have one of them start a thread about this.

Robin 28th January 2020 08:13 PM

Oh, and on his website he apparently thinks that his "something, something fuzzy photo" made us squirm.

Elagabalus 28th January 2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12970177)
Oh, and on his website he apparently thinks that his "something, something fuzzy photo" made us squirm.

He HAS a website?

Robin 28th January 2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elagabalus (Post 12970224)
He HAS a website?

This is the OP I am talking about. He has one of those dog-breakfasty websites that conspiracy theorists always have.

yankee451 28th January 2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12970177)

Oh yes. Lots of squirming.

Elagabalus 28th January 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee451 (Post 12970256)

That means you're on the right track. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's because your whole scenario is implausible. If everyone is in on it, why not use real jets? So much easier.

Robin 28th January 2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Sure we are yankee, sure we are.

beachnut 29th January 2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy (Post 12968355)
Hogwash, or as you lot like to say, 'Gish Gallup'. Prove your assertion. You know full well that he fireball only begins after the entire plane has disappeared into the building.dd
Using the video frame rate or resolution as an excuse doesn't cut it. You're going to have to be a lot more creative to continue believing the videos aren't fake.

Calling reality Hogwash.
Calling it a Gish Gallup (Gallop), is funny. And since the list of why you are wrong are correct, you applied the gish gallop in failed manner, like your claims.

Frame rate and resolution are why you are making up lies about the impact, you keep making the delusional claim the videos are fake.

yankee451 don't touch that

smartcooky 29th January 2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 12970171)
I am not even clear about what it is that the no-planers are claiming. OK, I get that this powerful secret cabal supposed to have put together a team of missile experts to mount a precision strike on the WTC towers to make it look like aeroplanes have crashed into them and just trust that this team never mention the fact for the rest of their lives.

It would have been so much easier for the cabal to rig four airliners to lock the cockpit door, gas the pilots, and have four drone pilots remotely control the four airliners and fly them into the buildings. This way, they would wrap up all the loose ends.

Quote:

And then there is a team of people with cameras and camcorders (including TV journalists and camera operators) who record the event and then turn in the photographs and films to the Cabal and they are just trusted to never mention this fact for the rest of their lives.

The videos and photos are doctored to remove missiles and to insert aeroplanes and these video artists are trusted never to mention this for the rest of their lives.

- no need to position "crisis videographers"!

Quote:

Then these videos are distributed to all TV stations in some manner not specified and they are showed on television.

- no need to fake any videos

Quote:

Now I am not sure what happens. Are the real planes flown out to sea and ditched or something? Or were there never any real planes and the airline companies agreed to pretend planes and flights existed but never did?

- no need to disappear the planes!

[quote=Robin;12970171]And this thing about the building being empty. Did the companies who are tenants of the buildings tell their employees to stay home that day, but to pretend they had been in the office?

- no need to have the building empty, any survivors who saw the plane hit will testify to it!

Cosmic Yak 29th January 2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Great to have you back, yankee451.
Now you're here, perhaps you could address this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak (Post 12967974)
This is a great example of how so many CT-ists are so desperate to refute any and all questioning of their pet theories that they forget what they were actually arguing for.
yankee451: You said there were holes big enough for a missile to pass through. I noted that a 14-inch-wide missile could not pass through a 14-inch-wide hole without getting jammed.
You responded with a link explaining how a missile would not need a hole, because it could blast its own way through.
You are therefore arguing against yourself, and also inadvertently destroying your whole theory.
Please highlight the 'clean exit hole' your own link says the missile would make, and then explain why you have been arguing that a missile passed through a hole, thus proving that it was a missile and not a plane, when your own link says that won't happen.