International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "SEND HER BACK!" Will they defend this? (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337630)

Travis 18th July 2019 12:53 AM

"SEND HER BACK!" Will they defend this?
 
Surely you have heard about it. I find it so disturbing I don't even want to link to youtube videos of it. Trump decided to go after Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and his crowd, ever lowering themselves to new levels of deplorable, started chanting "Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."


And here we now are. They want to deport legal immigrants. Because it was never about immigrants being legal or illegal. It was about them being immigrants that are not white.


How is the Republican party going to spin this? Or do they even try? Maybe they just double down on this, clearly that is where the party is headed, and just burn some crosses at the next rally.

lionking 18th July 2019 12:57 AM

Sickening, truely sickening.

The Atheist 18th July 2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758142)
"Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."

How many months before the three-word chant is "Kill them all!"?

The Great Zaganza 18th July 2019 01:03 AM

The only way you are not an America-hater is to be are a Trump-supporter.

Norman Alexander 18th July 2019 01:03 AM

How about this one: THROW HIM OUT! THROW HIM OUT!

The Don 18th July 2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758142)
Surely you have heard about it. I find it so disturbing I don't even want to link to youtube videos of it. Trump decided to go after Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and his crowd, ever lowering themselves to new levels of deplorable, started chanting "Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."

Same old, same old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758142)
And here we now are. They want to deport legal immigrants. Because it was never about immigrants being legal or illegal. It was about them being immigrants that are not white.

Yes, it's not just racism, I reckon there's a fair slice of misogyny in there as well. Is this surprising in any way ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758142)
How is the Republican party going to spin this? Or do they even try? Maybe they just double down on this, clearly that is where the party is headed, and just burn some crosses at the next rally.

They will spin it as patriotic Americans taking a stand against a Muslim communist who is a clear threat to the security of the United States. Her lack of respect for the President, her support for Al Queda, even the fact that she married her own brother are all unacceptable.

These are patriotic Americans who have seen that President Trump has Made America Great Again and who cannot stand to see that legacy destroyed and the country dragged down by Muslim communist agitators.

Iamafalser 18th July 2019 02:02 AM

I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.

Travis 18th July 2019 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamafalser (Post 12758186)
I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.


Okay, apparently we're just going to believe lies are truth and proceed from there?

The Don 18th July 2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 12758151)
They will spin it as patriotic Americans taking a stand against a Muslim communist who is a clear threat to the security of the United States. Her lack of respect for the President, her support for Al Queda, even the fact that she married her own brother are all unacceptable.

These are patriotic Americans who have seen that President Trump has Made America Great Again and who cannot stand to see that legacy destroyed and the country dragged down by Muslim communist agitators.

Something like this in fact....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamafalser (Post 12758186)
I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.


The Don 18th July 2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758189)
Okay, apparently we're just going to believe lies are truth and proceed from there?

Well it appears to be GOP policy these days :confused:

You build your own narrative, independent of any facts, and proceed from there.

ponderingturtle 18th July 2019 03:00 AM

But remember this can't be called deplorable.

3point14 18th July 2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758189)
Okay, apparently we're just going to believe lies are truth and proceed from there?

Welcome to the 21st century where we've built a society in which it is not the cream that rises to the top, but something else.

smartcooky 18th July 2019 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3point14 (Post 12758217)
Welcome to the 21st century where we've built a society in which it is not the cream that rises to the top, but something else.

Well yes. At the moment, the GOP is like a septic tank... all the biggest lumps of excrement float to the top.

Belz... 18th July 2019 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 12758142)
Surely you have heard about it. I find it so disturbing I don't even want to link to youtube videos of it. Trump decided to go after Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and his crowd, ever lowering themselves to new levels of deplorable, started chanting "Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."

Saw that this morning. Absolutely despicable, especially since they are American citizens. Seems like being naturalised, or even being born in the US, doesn't count if you're not the right sort.

Quote:

And here we now are. They want to deport legal immigrants. Because it was never about immigrants being legal or illegal. It was about them being immigrants that are not white.
Did you ever doubt?

Quote:

"SEND HER BACK!" Will they defend this?
Yep.

Belz... 18th July 2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamafalser (Post 12758186)
I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.

Can't deport American citizens.

And speaking out against Israel is not being antisemitic.

Vixen 18th July 2019 04:10 AM

Trump gets ever more senile by the day. America is a land of immigrants. His own dad was a German and his mother Scottish.

The Native Americans got there first so maybe the Europeans should be 'sent back'.

The Don 18th July 2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 12758279)
Trump gets ever more senile by the day. America is a land of immigrants. His own dad was a German and his mother Scottish.

....as have been two of the women he has married.

I don't think he has a problem with immigrants as long as they aren't dark or swarthy skinned.

The Don 18th July 2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 12758277)
Can't deport American citizens.

And speaking out against Israel is not being antisemitic.

It is now in the US (and some might argue in the UK Labour Party) at least de-facto antisemitism.

applecorped 18th July 2019 04:16 AM

Obama you built this

The Don 18th July 2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 12758214)
But remember this can't be called deplorable.

It isn't deplorable in any way, it's patriotic Americans taking a stand against Muslim communists who are trying to destroy the country :rolleyes:

Vixen 18th July 2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 12758282)
....as have been two of the women he has married.

I don't think he has a problem with immigrants as long as they aren't dark or swarthy skinned.

So why does he slap orange make-up on?

Vixen 18th July 2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecorped (Post 12758285)
Obama you built this

Send him back! Send him back!

PhantomWolf 18th July 2019 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 12758214)
But remember this can't be called deplorable.

Or Racist either

PhantomWolf 18th July 2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecorped (Post 12758285)
Obama you built this

Yeah, damn uppity Black man, getting into the Whitehouse and upsetting all the racists.

Belz... 18th July 2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf (Post 12758305)

Maybe they should just do away with the office of President altogether.

Tolls 18th July 2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecorped (Post 12758285)
Obama you built this

He built Trump and the current Republican party?
Crikey...

Upchurch 18th July 2019 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecorped (Post 12758285)
Obama you built this

I dont really expect an answer, but howd you work that out?

PhantomWolf 18th July 2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12758316)
I dont really expect an answer, but howd you work that out?

Simple.

Obama got himself elected. This stirred up the hatred of the racists and deplorables, who voted in Trump. Thus Trump and all he does is Obama's fault.

If Obama had just been the good boy he should have been and kept to his place, instead of beating his white betters in the two Presidential Elections, then the deplorables would never have had to vote in Trump.

ponderingturtle 18th July 2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 12758282)
....as have been two of the women he has married.

I don't think he has a problem with immigrants as long as they aren't dark or swarthy skinned.

But those swarthy germans should be right out, just ask Ben Franklin.

johnny karate 18th July 2019 05:08 AM

Despite the fact that a Republican president made overtly racist remarks that increased his popularity with Republicans, I think it’s important to remember that Democrats are the real racists.

Parsman 18th July 2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf (Post 12758327)
Simple.

Obama got himself elected. This stirred up the hatred of the racists and deplorables, who voted in Trump. Thus Trump and all he does is Obama's fault.

If Obama had just been the good boy he should have been and kept to his place, instead of beating his white betters in the two Presidential Elections, then the deplorables would never have had to vote in Trump.

We've got a similar thing here in the UK. The problems with Brexit are all the fault of Remainers. If we would just shut up and let the Brexiteers have their cake and eat it, plus a couple of unicorns grazing on the sunny uplands, everything would be hunky dory! The disconnect between extreme populists and reality is growing in this world and that is a real danger.

TragicMonkey 18th July 2019 05:30 AM

White trash be trashin'.

phiwum 18th July 2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamafalser (Post 12758186)
I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.

You realize that even if she were guilty of treason, the US cannot deport citizens? I suppose chants of "Revoke her citizenship then send her back" are a little less catchy.

varwoche 18th July 2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12758316)
I dont really expect an answer, but howd you work that out?

You may as well ask a moth why it's drawn to a light bulb.

JoeMorgue 18th July 2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny karate (Post 12758337)
Despite the fact that a Republican president made overtly racist remarks that increased his popularity with Republicans, I think its important to remember that Democrats are the real racists.

It's simple really. If the Democrats didn't just keep on insist on electing people who aren't old money white cis-male WASPs the Republicans wouldn't have anyone to be bigoted to.

johnny karate 18th July 2019 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 12758366)
You may as well ask a moth why it's drawn to a light bulb.

Not really an apt comparison. Moths are far more interesting.

Armitage72 18th July 2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf (Post 12758327)
Simple.

Obama got himself elected. This stirred up the hatred of the racists and deplorables, who voted in Trump. Thus Trump and all he does is Obama's fault.

If Obama had just been the good boy he should have been and kept to his place, instead of beating his white betters in the two Presidential Elections, then the deplorables would never have had to vote in Trump.


Also, if President Obama hadn't made jokes at Trump's expense at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, Trumplethinskin's delicate little feelings wouldn't have been hurt, and he wouldn't be as driven to destroy everything President Obama has ever touched.

JoeMorgue 18th July 2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 12758366)
You may as well ask a moth why it's drawn to a light bulb.

However, I'm am still wondering why the moths aren't hovering around the light in the other thread after like 4 days now.

phiwum 18th July 2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecorped (Post 12758285)
Obama you built this

Let's suppose that Obama's presidency is the reason Trump was elected. My wife thinks so. She thinks that Obama did not do enough for the working class, thereby setting the stage for a populist. If she and you are right, then Obama shares responsibility for Trump's rise due to incompetence.

It in no way follows that Obama is the primary villain. Trump, his followers and especially the grownup GOP in the Capitol are responsible for what is actually happening now. Obama does not encourage vile bigotry, Trump does and so do his Republican enablers.

If Chamberlain's appeasement led to the Holocaust, he is still not the evil behind the genocide. If Obama's presidency paved the way for Trump, he may share some blame, but we all know where the real evil is.

(To be fair to my wife, while she's critical of Obama, she does not confuse where the real blame for the current situation lies.)

The Don 18th July 2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 12758358)
White trash be trashin'.

The trouble is that the "white trash" in question is almost the entirety of one of the two major political parties and one which currently has control of the Senate and SCOTUS and who has the Presidency.

IMO it's more likely that they will regain control of the House than it is that they will lose the Senate or Presidency next time around - especially if they're allowed to continue to gerrymander, purge voter rolls and implement voter ID laws.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.