International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

d4m10n 4th December 2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13314989)
Dr. Fauci has accepted an offer to retain his current position in President Biden's administration.

Dead man walking!

I don't think he's in the sort of position that's a political appt.

ETA: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mp-fire-fauci/

Jim_MDP 4th December 2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13314997)
I don't think he's in the sort of position that's a political appt.

ETA: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mp-fire-fauci/

Maybe that's part of the genesis of the late Oct. "Schedule F" EO. It might (?) make him fireable now.

Meadmaker 14th December 2020 04:52 PM

Bill Barr is out, voluntarily.

Norman Alexander 14th December 2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadmaker (Post 13326461)
Bill Barr is out, ("voluntarily" ?).

Following a "nice chat with Trump". Of which there is no such thing, btw.

Trebuchet 14th December 2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadmaker (Post 13326461)
Bill Barr is out, voluntarily.

Cue an "acting" appointment who will immediately bring charges against Hillary, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and of course, Barry Soetoro.

Segnosaur 14th December 2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13326510)
Cue an "acting" appointment who will immediately bring charges against Hillary, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and of course, Barry Soetoro.

According to Stubby McBonespurs, his replacement will be Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen.

According to The Independent:
Mr Rosen...had previously served under Elaine Chao as deputy Transportation Secretary before his appointment to the Justice Department, replacing Rod Rosenstein as then-deputy attorney general. He was confirmed by the Senate by a party-line vote of 52-49 in May 2019, despite a lack of experience with both the Justice Department and as a prosecutor....Prior to his role in the Trump administration, Mr Rosen joined the Office of Management and Budget as its general counsel and senior policy adviser under former president George W Bush. He remained in the role until 2009.

So, much like Barr... not much actual courtroom experience, and lots of involvement with past Republican endeavors.

Norman Alexander 14th December 2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13326510)
Cue an "acting" appointment who will immediately bring charges against Hillary, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and of course, Barry Soetoro.

Len Possett, Tim Screevy, The Reverend Phipps, Peg Leg Loombucket, Solly Levy, Ginger Epstein, Able Seaman Trufitt, Scotch Lil, Messrs Cattermole, Mousehabit, Neapthigh and Trusspot (solicitors and Commissioners for Oaths), Father Thunderghast, Fat Alice, Con Mahoney, Yeti Rosencrantz, Foo Too Robinson and Uncle Ted Willis and all!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widecombe_Fair_(song)

dudalb 16th December 2020 12:42 PM

Not exactly a white house exit, but Mitch Mcconnell and Trump don;t love each other anymore.

ponderingturtle 16th December 2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13328434)
Not exactly a white house exit, but Mitch Mcconnell and Trump don;t love each other anymore.

And here I thought those crazy kids could make it last.

acbytesla 16th December 2020 02:22 PM

Rumor now has it that FBI Director Chris Wray is next on Trump's chopping block and the Deputy AG Rosen who will be the acting AG after Barr steps down. He really is imagining some kind of investigation leading to an arrest of Hunter and Joe Biden.

Norman Alexander 16th December 2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13328524)
Rumor now has it that FBI Director Chris Wray is next on Trump's chopping block and the Deputy AG Rosen who will be the acting AG after Barr steps down. He really is imagining some kind of investigation leading to an arrest of Hunter and Joe Biden.

Why? Apart from the fact there's patently nothing in the story whatsoever, how does he think anything will happen in the ever shrinking time before Biden is inaugurated? Does he imagine Santa is going to send him a golden-ticket iron-clad Biden indictment down his chimney in a few weeks?

If Donny's reasoning power has degenerated to that extent, the USA is well served by his immediate exit.

Trebuchet 16th December 2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13328639)
Why? Apart from the fact there's patently nothing in the story whatsoever, how does he think anything will happen in the ever shrinking time before Biden is inaugurated? Does he imagine Santa is going to send him a golden-ticket iron-clad Biden indictment down his chimney in a few weeks?

If Donny's reasoning power has degenerated to that extent, the USA is well served by his immediate exit.

Highlighted assumes facts not in evidence.

Meadmaker 16th December 2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13328639)
Why? Apart from the fact there's patently nothing in the story whatsoever, how does he think anything will happen in the ever shrinking time before Biden is inaugurated? Does he imagine Santa is going to send him a golden-ticket iron-clad Biden indictment down his chimney in a few weeks?

If Donny's reasoning power has degenerated to that extent, the USA is well served by his immediate exit.

I'm still not completely convinced that Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States. He might be 47th, after Mike Pence.

I don't actually expect it to happen, but I wouldn't rule out Trump going so far off the walls that his cabinet goes for the 25th amendment, or the Congress goes for a rapid style impeachment.


I don't expect those things to happen. I would be shocked if they did happen, but like so many other things that have happened in the last two months, with any other president it would not have even occurred to me that it's a possibility.

Trebuchet 16th December 2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadmaker (Post 13328741)
I'm still not completely convinced that Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States. He might be 47th, after Mike Pence.

I don't actually expect it to happen, but I wouldn't rule out Trump going so far off the walls that his cabinet goes for the 25th amendment, or the Congress goes for a rapid style impeachment.


I don't expect those things to happen. I would be shocked if they did happen, but like so many other things that have happened in the last two months, with any other president it would not have even occurred to me that it's a possibility.

More likely to resign on the 19th so Pence can pardon him.

Babbylonian 16th December 2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13328781)
More likely to resign on the 19th so Pence can pardon him.

Which will be hailed by Trumpers as yet another brilliant move, preventing the commie Democrats from falsely prosecuting him.

bruto 16th December 2020 07:16 PM

One never knows, of course, but I think Trump may be stymied by the principle (or perhaps more like and excuse) Gerald Ford elaborated when he pardoned Nixon: that to accept a pardon carries an implicit admission of guilt. That's something Trump is not very good at.

Stacyhs 16th December 2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13328781)
More likely to resign on the 19th so Pence can pardon him.

I've been saying that for months.

Norman Alexander 16th December 2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13328652)
Highlighted assumes facts not in evidence.

Mea culpa. :p

Norman Alexander 16th December 2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbylonian (Post 13328784)
Which will be hailed by Trumpers as yet another brilliant move, preventing the commie Democrats from falsely prosecuting him.

Even though it won't.

But anyhoo....!

Jim_MDP 17th December 2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13328785)
One never knows, of course, but I think Trump may be stymied by the principle (or perhaps more like and excuse) Gerald Ford elaborated when he pardoned Nixon: that to accept a pardon carries an implicit admission of guilt. That's something Trump is not very good at.

Arpaio doesn't ascribe to that interpretation, despite a court conviction.
Why would T?

bruto 17th December 2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13329734)
Arpaio doesn't ascribe to that interpretation, despite a court conviction.
Why would T?

It's probably a vain hope, I admit. But it's a hope. Ofr course the ideal thing, a vainer than vain hope, would be that Trump does the resignation and then on second thought Pence decides..."aw, **** him."

DevilsAdvocate 17th December 2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13329858)
It's probably a vain hope, I admit. But it's a hope. Ofr course the ideal thing, a vainer than vain hope, would be that Trump does the resignation and then on second thought Pence decides..."aw, **** him."

I have said before that I would not at all be surprised if in mid-January Trump says he maybe might possibly be feeling a bit under the weather and before being flown to Walter Reed, out of an abundance of caution, as many Presidents before have done when going to the hospital, invokes the 25th Amendment making Pence temporarily acting President, only to resume the Presidency shortly thereafter and be shocked, shocked I tell you, that Pence has granted him a full blanket pardon that he totally didn't ask for because he is totally innocent. But, hey, a pardon is a pardon and he'll just have to accept it.

The Great Zaganza 17th December 2020 08:33 PM

Sure.
Pompeo canceled his 900 people party that was supposed to be the start of his 2024 campaign when it turned out that only 30 people would actually come.
The reason he gave was that he had been in contact with a suspected Covid case.
If the event had been packed he would have gone anyway.

Norman Alexander 17th December 2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13329914)
Sure.
Pompeo canceled his 900 people party that was supposed to be the start of his 2024 campaign when it turned out that only 30 people would actually come.
The reason he gave was that he had been in contact with a suspected Covid case.
If the event had been packed he would have gone anyway.

And given Covid to 900 people without one single pang of conscience on his behalf.

Segnosaur 17th December 2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13329914)
Sure.
Pompeo canceled his 900 people party that was supposed to be the start of his 2024 campaign when it turned out that only 30 people would actually come.
The reason he gave was that he had been in contact with a suspected Covid case.

Who exactly was supposed to be invited to the party anyways? From googling around, I see that the party was supposed to be dedicated to "diplomats serving in dangerous areas"... bug given how poorly the Trump administration has treated members of the civil service, I can't see many career diplomats/public servants being too keen to participate in an event organized by one of the idiots that is messing things up (even if Covid were not an issue).

Craig4 17th December 2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13329967)
Who exactly was supposed to be invited to the party anyways? From googling around, I see that the party was supposed to be dedicated to "diplomats serving in dangerous areas"... bug given how poorly the Trump administration has treated members of the civil service, I can't see many career diplomats/public servants being too keen to participate in an event organized by one of the idiots that is messing things up (even if Covid were not an issue).

Having worked in the DR Congo, Central African Republic and South Sudan, I'll just tell you, you don't come home more or less healthy by not knowing how to protect yourself from infectious disease.

Norman Alexander 17th December 2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13329967)
Who exactly was supposed to be invited to the party anyways? From googling around, I see that the party was supposed to be dedicated to "diplomats serving in dangerous areas"... bug given how poorly the Trump administration has treated members of the civil service, I can't see many career diplomats/public servants being too keen to participate in an event organized by one of the idiots that is messing things up (even if Covid were not an issue).

Who would imagine going to Pompeo's Covid-fest would be more dangerous than serving in dangerous overseas locations...

Craig4 17th December 2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13329914)
Sure.
Pompeo canceled his 900 people party that was supposed to be the start of his 2024 campaign when it turned out that only 30 people would actually come.
The reason he gave was that he had been in contact with a suspected Covid case.
If the event had been packed he would have gone anyway.

The 2024 Republican primaries are going to be a vomit inducing spectacle. It will be a bunch of neglected dogs trying to show how hard they humped Trump's leg.

The Great Zaganza 17th December 2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13329981)
The 2024 Republican primaries are going to be a vomit inducing spectacle. It will be a bunch of neglected dogs trying to show how hard they humped Trump's leg.

Ain't that the truth.

Segnosaur 17th December 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13329981)
The 2024 Republican primaries are going to be a vomit inducing spectacle. It will be a bunch of neglected dogs trying to show how hard they humped Trump's leg.

I figure there will also be a couple of Candidates who try to rewrite history (a la Ben Sasse... "Look at how bad Trump was... ignore the fact that I supported him for 4 years".

Firestone 18th December 2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13329981)
The 2024 Republican primaries are going to be a vomit inducing spectacle. It will be a bunch of neglected dogs trying to show how hard they humped Trump's leg.

Why wait until 2024?

The 2022 Florida Senate primary, with Roger Stone, Ivanka Trump, and, what's his name, the Bible quoting invertebrate, could be epic.

The Great Zaganza 18th December 2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13330077)
Why wait until 2024?

The 2022 Florida Senate primary, with Roger Stone, Ivanka Trump, and, what's his name, the Bible quoting invertebrate, could be epic.


I can't believe a convicted felon would get so many votes and another convicted felon would get so few.
-L.S.

Susheel 18th December 2020 03:03 AM

From what I heard, Pompeo did not "cancel" the party. Basically, he had a party and no one came. He sent out 900 invitations, 90 RSVP'd and only 30 showed up. In fact, he was supposed to speak at the event but decided to tap someone else to proxy for him.

Trebuchet 18th December 2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13330117)
From what I heard, Pompeo did not "cancel" the party. Basically, he had a party and no one came. He sent out 900 invitations, 90 RSVP'd and only 30 showed up. In fact, he was supposed to speak at the event but decided to tap someone else to proxy for him.

I'm going to have to look it up, but I believe he canceled subsequent parties after that fiasco.

Craig4 19th December 2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13330117)
From what I heard, Pompeo did not "cancel" the party. Basically, he had a party and no one came. He sent out 900 invitations, 90 RSVP'd and only 30 showed up. In fact, he was supposed to speak at the event but decided to tap someone else to proxy for him.

Even without the pandemic, why would he invite the diplomats who work for him? He must know his entire workforce hates him.

The Great Zaganza 19th December 2020 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13331210)
Even without the pandemic, why would he invite the diplomats who work for him? He must know his entire workforce hates him.

and has more sense than to spread a virus all through the world just to make their boss not look like a pathetic loser.

Firestone 7th January 2021 05:56 AM

Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s former chief of staff and current special envoy to Northern Ireland said Thursday that he’s resigning from his diplomatic post.

Quote:

“I called [Secretary of State] Mike Pompeo last night to let him know I was resigning from that. I can’t do it. I can’t stay,” Mick Mulvaney told CNBC in an exclusive interview.

“Those who choose to stay, and I have talked with some of them, are choosing to stay because they’re worried the president might put someone worse in,” Mulvaney added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/mick...to-follow.html
Quick on the uptake, this Mulvaney! :rolleyes:

alfaniner 7th January 2021 06:56 AM

Now we're seeing a "Truxit", people resigning instead of being fired. Five staff in the last 24 hours.

d4m10n 7th January 2021 06:59 AM

Needs a snappier moniker.

Also, what's the point at this late hour?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AnonyMoose 7th January 2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13351051)
Needs a snappier moniker.

Also, what's the point at this late hour?

Self preservation... albeit at one minute to midnight, pfft. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.