International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

timhau 28th September 2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13239299)
Looks like the Biden campaign already has a simple comparison ad out.

Me like.

alfaniner 28th September 2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13239228)
Trump Tweets

This is totally illegal. Hope that the U.S. Attorney in Minnesota has this, and other of her many misdeeds, under serious review??? If not, why not??? We will win Minnesota because of her, and law enforcement. Saved Minneapolis & Iron O Range!

"O Range" -- man... bad!

(It's called the Iron Range.)

shemp 28th September 2020 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13239030)
And in another case of "what the heck just happened?"

Brad Pascale (Trump's former campaign manager, who has been accused of misusing campaign funds) has been hospitalized after a suicide attempt.

Now before people start making crass comments, and others say it's not appropriate... Someone on the trump campaign has already tried to blame it on the democrats and RINOs.

Stay classy, republicans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/polit...zed/index.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-police-2020-9

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

From the first link:

Quote:

(CNN)President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale was hospitalized Sunday following reports of a suicide attempt at his Florida home, CNN has learned.

According to Fort Lauderdale Police Department Sgt. DeAnna Greenlaw, Fort Lauderdale police officers responded to Parscale's residence "in reference to an armed male attempting suicide." Officers later identified him to CNN as Bradley Parscale and said his wife had called the police.

"When officers arrived on scene, they made contact with the armed subject's wife, who advised her husband was armed and had access to multiple firearms inside the residence and was threatening to harm himself," Greenlaw told CNN in a statement. The officers determined the only person inside the home was the adult male.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel was the first to report the story.

Greenlaw said officers contacted Parscale, "developed a rapport, and safely negotiated for him to exit the home. The male was detained without injury and transported to Broward Health Medical Center for a Baker Act."

Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Karen Dietrich told CNN over the phone there was a concern that Parscale may harm himself, and his wife reported there were weapons in the home. The SWAT team responded and after a short time Parscale surrendered to police, Dietrich said.

"He came out and we got him some help," Dietrich said.
Good thing for him he's white, if he was black they'd have gone in and filled him full of holes like a Swiss cheese.

slyjoe 28th September 2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13239335)
From the first link:



Good thing for him he's white, if he was black they'd have gone in and filled him full of holes like a Swiss cheese.

I wonder if they will confiscate all those guns he has.

Safe-Keeper 28th September 2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13239030)
And in another case of "what the heck just happened?"

Brad Pascale (Trump's former campaign manager, who has been accused of misusing campaign funds) has been hospitalized after a suicide attempt.

Now before people start making crass comments, and others say it's not appropriate... Someone on the trump campaign has already tried to blame it on the democrats and RINOs.

Stay classy, republicans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/polit...zed/index.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-police-2020-9

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm glad he made it. Honestly.

And yes, of course the trumpkins will spin this tragedy like they do everything else. They'll be gleefully screaming "Liberal BLM Muslim Mueller Democrat Obama witch hunt causes suicide attempt" from the rooftops for as long as it gets them attention.

The Great Zaganza 28th September 2020 06:52 AM

It's not a good sign when your campaign manager is having a nervous breakdown and tries to kill himself.

Horatius 28th September 2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13239364)
It's not a good sign when your campaign manager is having a nervous breakdown and tries to kill himself.



Fake news! He's their "former" campaign manager, you know, they guy he barely knew who just got coffee or something.

And of course he's suicidal; The Lord Trump has exiled him from His Presence for being a coffee fetching loser, seriously, who even hired - DISGRUNTLED!

Pixel42 28th September 2020 12:59 PM

Revealed: Trump campaign strategy to deter millions of Black Americans from voting in 2016

Quote:

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

Tonight, civil rights campaigners said the evidence amounted to a new form of voter “suppression” and called on Facebook to disclose ads and targeting information that has never been made public.

The ‘Deterrence’ project can be revealed after Channel 4 News obtained the database used by Trump’s digital campaign team – credited with helping deliver his shock victory to become president four years ago.

Bob001 28th September 2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13239364)
It's not a good sign when your campaign manager is having a nervous breakdown and tries to kill himself.

I hope he recovers, and as part of his therapy he writes a book. I suspect he could be more devastating than anything published so far. And it wouldn't surprise me if this tech guy made tapes.

Squeegee Beckenheim 28th September 2020 02:07 PM

Perhaps relevant: Brad Parscale - the digital director of Trump's campaign in 2016 - last night barricaded himself in his home with a cache of weapons threatening to harm himself, before being talked out by the police and hospitalised for psychiatric evaluation

newyorkguy 28th September 2020 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Related to Parscale, trump and the campaign. In an article on the Technology Review website, it was demonstrated that the trump campaign app -- in large measure designed by Brad Parscale -- was much more intrusive than Biden's. The official Trump 2020 app has been downloaded approximately 780,000 times since its mid-April launch. Sharing is encouraged and the campaign hopes to reach millions of potential trump supporters and collect data on all of them. Few of the people downloading the app seem aware of how much data they may be sharing.

Quote:

Ahead of President Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, his 2020 re-election campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted about the event. “Just passed 800,000 tickets,” he wrote. “Biggest data haul and rally signup of all time by 10x. Saturday is going to be amazing!”...But even on the surface, his claim was confusing: the venue holds only 19,000 people. So what was the campaign doing signing up so many people for tickets? The clue lies in Parscale’s use of the phrase “data haul.” Data collection and targeted online messaging were integral to the 2016 US presidential election, and they will be again in 2020. Technology Review link
Click to read.

Segnosaur 28th September 2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13239879)
Revealed: Trump campaign strategy to deter millions of Black Americans from voting in 2016

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

Any idea how the data was leaked? Disgruntled campaign worker? Hack of the republicans? Something related to Brad Parscale? (I didn't seem to notice anything in the article suggesting the source.)

Bob001 28th September 2020 02:18 PM

Peter Strzok notes that even after the President leaves office, his knowledge of the nation's deepest secrets doesn't evaporate. Trump owes as much as a half-billion dollars, some to foreign interests. What might he give up to a foreign power who offered relief?

Captain_Swoop 28th September 2020 03:00 PM

Last time Trump Junior self-published a book the RNC uses donor money to buy the book in bulk and Junior pocketed the profits.
Laundering Donor money

Quote Tweet
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
THANK YOU for the amazing support! My latest best selling book, Liberal Privilege is going into a third print run! Over 125,000 copies already sold! Get your copy now at http://donjr.com

Skeptic Ginger 28th September 2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13240002)
Related to Parscale, trump and the campaign. In an article on the Technology Review website, it was demonstrated that the trump campaign app -- in large measure designed by Brad Parscale -- was much more intrusive than Biden's. The official Trump 2020 app has been downloaded approximately 780,000 times since its mid-April launch. Sharing is encouraged and the campaign hopes to reach millions of potential trump supporters and collect data on all fo them. Few of the people downloading the app seem aware of how much data they may be sharing.

Click to read.

That must be this: The NewYorker: How the Trump Campaign’s Mobile App Is Collecting Huge Amounts of Voter Data

Minoosh 28th September 2020 03:42 PM

That Parscale story. I wonder how the conversation went about even running that story. Where I worked policy was not to write about suicides, let alone attempted suicides, and actually Parscale did not even try to kill himself. If there was some big SWAT operation with officers rappelling down roofs you could say, well it caused a commotion on the street and people have a right to know what was up. Other excuses for running it would be, grave public concern, someone else is going to beat us, it's already out there so what difference does it make etc.

Did someone in Parscale's camp pre-empt all that by making a press statement? Because someone having a mental health crisis that is peacefully resolved in the relative privacy of their own home wasn't an automatic news story when I left the business in 2009.

We did write obliquely about suicides without calling it such. People commit suicide by car fairly regularly. Some drug ODs are suicides, etc.

ETA: There would occasionally be times when it would be unavoidable to ID a suicide. If someone did it in public. Does Parscale now have data on a bunch of TikTok teenagers?

Bob001 28th September 2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13240157)
That Parscale story. I wonder how the conversation went about even running that story. Where I worked policy was not to write about suicides, let alone attempted suicides, and actually Parscale did not even try to kill himself. If there was some big SWAT operation with officers rappelling down roofs you could say, well it caused a commotion on the street and people have a right to know what was up. Other excuses for running it would be, grave public concern, someone else is going to beat us, it's already out there so what difference does it make etc.

Did someone in Parscale's camp pre-empt all that by making a press statement? Because someone having a mental health crisis that is peacefully resolved in the relative privacy of their own home wasn't an automatic news story when I left the business in 2009.
....

The guy is a prominent public figure who may have assaulted his wife. He gave up claims to privacy a long time ago.

alfaniner 28th September 2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13240157)
That Parscale story. I wonder how the conversation went about even running that story. Where I worked policy was not to write about suicides, let alone attempted suicides, and actually Parscale did not even try to kill himself. If there was some big SWAT operation with officers rappelling down roofs you could say, well it caused a commotion on the street and people have a right to know what was up. Other excuses for running it would be, grave public concern, someone else is going to beat us, it's already out there so what difference does it make etc.

Did someone in Parscale's camp pre-empt all that by making a press statement? Because someone having a mental health crisis that is peacefully resolved in the relative privacy of their own home wasn't an automatic news story when I left the business in 2009.

We did write obliquely about suicides without calling it such. People commit suicide by car fairly regularly. Some drug ODs are suicides, etc.

ETA: There would occasionally be times when it would be unavoidable to ID a suicide. If someone did it in public. Does Parscale now have data on a bunch of TikTok teenagers?

Oh, (and I'm sure you're quite aware of this) there are many things the mainstream media will run with now that they wouldn't touch in 2009.

Captain_Swoop 28th September 2020 04:19 PM

Remember how Kellyanne Conway so selflessly left her White House job in order to take care of her family?
Yeah, she’s back. Guess the family’s better.

Aridas 28th September 2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240201)
Remember how Kellyanne Conway so selflessly left her White House job in order to take care of her family?
Yeah, she’s back. Guess the family’s better.

I noticed George still being involved in the Lincoln Project, too.

Craig4 28th September 2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240201)
Remember how Kellyanne Conway so selflessly left her White House job in order to take care of her family?
Yeah, she’s back. Guess the family’s better.

Or they realized they've come to hate each other.

Segnosaur 28th September 2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13240228)
I noticed George still being involved in the Lincoln Project, too.

On that... Supposedly George Conway has expressed support for Trump's supreme Court pick ... Which shows that while the Lincoln project might be anti-trump, they are not Tobe confused with democrats.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

kookbreaker 28th September 2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240201)
Remember how Kellyanne Conway so selflessly left her White House job in order to take care of her family?
Yeah, she’s back. Guess the family’s better.

Probably stayed home with the daughter trying to emancipate herself for a time, got bored and wasn’t changing the kid’s decision so back to the liar’s podium she went.

Cain 28th September 2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13240157)
People commit suicide by car fairly regularly.

Like driving their car or carbon monoxide?

Blue Mountain 28th September 2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13240104)

Just FYI, the New Yorker site absolutely refused to let me read the article.

The Democratic Underground site has the text, although ethically it's rather dubious of them to simply copy and paste it from the New Yorker site.

Curiously, elinks, a text-mode only browser that doesn't run JavaScript, gave me the text without a problem. For all the care the New Yorker put into making sure no-one they like can read it, they messed up on that part. Their developers put an a lot of effort writing the JavaScript required to make sure only certain people could view the page, only to have it tripped up by a browser that doesn't run JavaScript.

Aridas 28th September 2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13240235)
On that... Supposedly George Conway has expressed support for Trump's supreme Court pick ... Which shows that while the Lincoln project might be anti-trump, they are not Tobe confused with democrats.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Yeah. That's been something of a given all along, though. The Lincoln Project is an ally of circumstance, not a friend. Their larger goal seems to be to help clean up the Republican Party of some of the worst of the corruption, spinelessness, and most brazen fascism and thus help relegitimize the Party and keep it on a course to survive without destroying the country in the process. These are many of the same people who have aided and abetted plenty of evil and destructive partisanship in the past, though. They seem to favor more the proverbial slow boiling of the frog, which has provided quite the results, rather than a knife stab towards our chests, which has repeatedly backfired through history.

Skeptic Ginger 28th September 2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240201)
Remember how Kellyanne Conway so selflessly left her White House job in order to take care of her family?
Yeah, she’s back. Guess the family’s better.

Option one) Didn't really get along with George after all. (The kids sided with Dad.)

Option two) In light of the current tax disaster they offered her double the salary to come help. (It was above Kayleigh's pay grade.)

Squeegee Beckenheim 29th September 2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13240263)
Option one) Didn't really get along with George after all. (The kids sided with Dad.)

Option two) In light of the current tax disaster they offered her double the salary to come help. (It was above Kayleigh's pay grade.)

I still favour option three - neither of them are sincere, and both have played the whole "family with opposing opinions" bit as a grift. Their ideology can be boiled down to "what makes money for the Conways?"

I don't know if the daughter can be included in that, but it wouldn't shock me if she was.

timhau 29th September 2020 01:46 AM

The best people.

Firestone 29th September 2020 02:00 AM

Question: in the article, it says: "She [Parscale's wife] said he had post-traumatic stress disorder and had recently become violent, showing police bruises on her arms from an argument two days prior."

Someone knows how or where he got this PTSD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by timhau (Post 13240513)
The best people.

Of course, they all are. Parscale led the campaign for the candidate of the "Family Values" people, so he beats his wife. Figures. :(

The Great Zaganza 29th September 2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13240517)
Question: in the article, it says: "She [Parscale's wife] said he had post-traumatic stress disorder and had recently become violent, showing police bruises on her arms from an argument two days prior."

Someone knows how or where he got this PTSD?

President Trump Syndrome Disease.

Aridas 29th September 2020 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13240522)
President Trump Syndrome Disease.

Trump Derangement Syndrome, you mean?

The Don 29th September 2020 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13240529)
Trump Derangement Syndrome, you mean?

PTSD - President Trump Syndrome Disease.

Captain_Swoop 29th September 2020 02:51 AM

Trump Tweets

The “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination!
@LouDobbs

Captain_Swoop 29th September 2020 02:55 AM

Trump Retweeted
Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022)
@TeamTrump

President @realDonaldTrump on Lordstown Motors in #Ohio: The area is "absolutely booming" now

The White House
@WhiteHouse
US government account
This morning, President @realDonaldTrump congratulated Lordstown Motors of Lordstown, Ohio, on their manufacturing of the 2021 Endurance, the world’s first all-electric commercial pickup truck. Flag of United States

Captain_Swoop 29th September 2020 02:57 AM

Fact-checkers quickly tore holes in President Donald Trump’s assertions last week that new auto plants are being built in Ohio and other states “at a level that we’ve never seen before.”

“You better vote for me, I got you so many damn car plants,” Trump said Thursday in Michigan.

No new auto plant has opened in Ohio during Trump’s presidency, although electric trucks are scheduled to roll off the line soon at GM’s former Lordstown plant near Youngstown.

The Washington Post gave Trump the maximum four “Pinocchios” for saying many auto plants “are being built right now” in Ohio, Michigan, and South and North Carolina. Neither Carolina has gotten a new plant since ground was broken on two in 2015 during Barack Obama’s presidency.

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news...re/5784474002/

Captain_Swoop 29th September 2020 03:03 AM

Trump Tweets

Now Fake News @CNN is actually reporting that I wanted my daughter, Ivanka, to run with me as my Vice President in 2016 Election. Wrong and totally ridiculous. These people are sick!

Might as well mention this because it will never be reported by the Lamestream Media!
Quote Tweet
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrumpThe “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination! @LouDobbs

Giordano 29th September 2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240555)
Trump Tweets

Now Fake News @CNN is actually reporting that I wanted my daughter, Ivanka, to run with me as my Vice President in 2016 Election. Wrong and totally ridiculous. These people are sick!

Might as well mention this because it will never be reported by the Lamestream Media!
Quote Tweet
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrumpThe “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination! @LouDobbs

Some of our prior presidents would lie by this type of clever use of words. Nixon liked to declare a revelation by the press as “ridiculous” but of course ridiculous doesn’t mean false. Staging a burglary of the Democratic offices in the. Watergate complex by inept ex-CIA operatives was ridiculous but true. Clinton took refuge in a narrow definition of “sex.“

Sometimes Trump does this too. Fake News doesn’t necessarily mean the facts are fake; it may just mean that him being a lying scum is no longer news. But a huge difference is just how often Trump simply bare face lies.

Segnosaur 29th September 2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13240551)
The White House
@WhiteHouse
US government account
This morning, President @realDonaldTrump congratulated Lordstown Motors of Lordstown, Ohio, on their manufacturing of the 2021 Endurance, the world’s first all-electric commercial pickup truck.

After which trump asked when they would be coming out with a coal-powered model.


Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Horatius 29th September 2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13240660)
After which trump asked when they would be coming out with a coal-powered model.


It remind me of a character in a book I read as a kid. One of the classic "stupid royals" type. He was officially the captain of ship, but was so stupid, he'd be walking around giving all sorts of nonsensical orders. The crew would just say "Aye aye, sir!", and then go about doing what really needed to be done to keep the ship afloat.

Pretty much every "success" that Trump has trumpeted about has come about because of the work of other people, who largely just ignore everything Trump says, and do the job the right way.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.