International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

Dr. Keith 11th April 2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12253174)
It does not count since Trump can't fire him, but some kind of honorable mention needs to be given to Paul Ryan,since I have a feeling that dealing with Trump is a major reason he is abandoning ship...

Agreed. And glad you refrained from using that four letter word.

dudalb 11th April 2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 12253182)
Agreed. And glad you refrained from using that four letter word.

A number of people on the internet, in commenting on Ryan's de facto quitting,posted a film clip from "Titanic" showing a number of Rats running away from the rising water....

dudalb 11th April 2018 01:32 PM

And speaking of White House Survivors, Preibus is being talked about as a possible candidate to replace Ryan. Right now the only GOP contender in Ryan's district is an open White Supremist who posted a anti Semitic tirade last month on facebook which prompted the head of the Wisconsin GOP to denounce him and say he has no place in the GOP...
This morning there is a scramble to find a respectable candidate for that distreict, and Preibus is among the front runners.

Dr. Keith 11th April 2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12253333)
And speaking of White House Survivors, Preibus is being talked about as a possible candidate to replace Ryan. Right now the only GOP contender in Ryan's district is an open White Supremist who posted a anti Semitic tirade last month on facebook which prompted the head of the Wisconsin GOP to denounce him and say he has no place in the GOP...
This morning there is a scramble to find a respectable candidate for that distreict, and Preibus is among the front runners.

My god. What do the dems have?

alfaniner 11th April 2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 12253339)
My god. What do the dems have?

Borborygmi.

phiwum 11th April 2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 12253464)
Borborygmi.

Cute. And thanks to George Carlin for teaching me that term.

acbytesla 11th April 2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12253333)
And speaking of White House Survivors, Preibus is being talked about as a possible candidate to replace Ryan. Right now the only GOP contender in Ryan's district is an open White Supremist who posted a anti Semitic tirade last month on facebook which prompted the head of the Wisconsin GOP to denounce him and say he has no place in the GOP...
This morning there is a scramble to find a respectable candidate for that distreict, and Preibus is among the front runners.

Does Priebus live in that district or is this a carpetbagger's situation?

Garrison 11th April 2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12253333)
This morning there is a scramble to find a respectable candidate for that distreict, and Preibus is among the front runners.

For certain values of respectable...

dudalb 11th April 2018 03:12 PM

Have no idea.
But ,to be honest, Carpetbagging in another distreict of state you have been a long term residence of does not carry the stigma of carpetbagging across state borders.

alfaniner 11th April 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phiwum (Post 12253492)
Cute. And thanks to George Carlin for teaching me that term.

:)
I could not have told you where I learned that term, but now I can say with near-certainty that it was probably from George Carlin.

Loss Leader 11th April 2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12253328)
A number of people on the internet, in commenting on Ryan's de facto quitting,posted a film clip from "Titanic" showing a number of Rats running away from the rising water....


Is there a video of a rat staying around for two years, attempting to steer the ship, eating from the first class pantry, watching everybody else drown and then hopping onto the Carpathia like he owns it?

quadraginta 11th April 2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loss Leader (Post 12253748)
Is there a video of a rat staying around for two years, attempting to steer the ship, eating from the first class pantry, watching everybody else drown and then hopping onto the Carpathia like he owns it?


Seems like ... Trump dressed up as a three year old, throwing cripples over the side as he bullies his way into a lifeboat ... would be more appropriate.

dudalb 12th April 2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loss Leader (Post 12253748)
Is there a video of a rat staying around for two years, attempting to steer the ship, eating from the first class pantry, watching everybody else drown and then hopping onto the Carpathia like he owns it?

Most of the one posting that clip commented that Ryan was only the latest of a steady stream of GOP reps calling it quite....

Hellbound 12th April 2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12254458)
Most of the one posting that clip commented that Ryan was only the latest of a steady stream of GOP reps calling it quite....

Quite what?

;)

dudalb 12th April 2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbound (Post 12254474)
Quite what?

;)

I meant quits. So I will never win a spelling bee...

CORed 12th April 2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12254492)
I meant quits. So I will never win a spelling bee...

Blame it on your smartphone's auto-correct. Everyone else does. :D

Hellbound 12th April 2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12254492)
I meant quits. So I will never win a spelling bee...

I know, I just couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for a straight line.

dudalb 13th April 2018 10:19 AM

Preibus has stated he is not interested in running for the House in Ryan's district.

TheL8Elvis 13th April 2018 10:22 AM

Who's next ?

Pruitt ? Rosenstein ?

Both are getting hammered , albeit from different sides.

d4m10n 13th April 2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis (Post 12255903)
Who's next ?

Pruitt ? Rosenstein ?

Both are getting hammered , albeit from different sides.

Pruitt is just one Time magazine cover away from getting the sack.

Norman Alexander 13th April 2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12255952)
Pruitt is just one Time magazine cover away from getting the sack.

Well if Jeffy Sessions can get one, Pruitt should be able to as well. Wonder if he is that dumb, or that wedded to his job...

dudalb 13th April 2018 02:27 PM

This guy gets a honorable mention:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...resigns-522867

dann 13th April 2018 03:44 PM

Is he on logger's list?! Or doesn't impregnation count?

a_unique_person 13th April 2018 03:44 PM

Rosenstein is the word on the street.

Norman Alexander 14th April 2018 05:05 AM

Perhaps this thread should reconsider its focus on who is going to be staying on the island, not who is leaving.

d4m10n 14th April 2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12256948)
Perhaps this thread should reconsider its focus on who is going to be staying on the island, not who is leaving.

My bet is on Pence (assuming things go well) or else the designated survivor.

Norman Alexander 15th April 2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12257456)
My bet is on Pence (assuming things go well) or else the designated survivor.

Pence being the designated survivor and actually being the last on the island is both probable and exceptionally worrying.

Craig4 15th April 2018 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12257456)
My bet is on Pence (assuming things go well) or else the designated survivor.

It's hard to fire Pence. He can resign or be impeached but Trump can't just fire him.

jimbob 15th April 2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12256948)
Perhaps this thread should reconsider its focus on who is going to be staying on the island, not who is leaving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 12258212)
Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12257456)
My bet is on Pence (assuming things go well) or else the designated survivor.

It's hard to fire Pence. He can resign or be impeached but Trump can't just fire him.

Craig, I don't know if you spotted the 180-degree change in focus which led to d4m10n's comment?

Norman Alexander 15th April 2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 12258229)
Craig, I don't know if you spotted the 180-degree change in focus which led to d4m10n's comment?

It was a sort of rhetorical comment. Sorry!

d4m10n 15th April 2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 12258207)
Pence being the designated survivor and actually being the last on the island is both probable and exceptionally worrying.

I used to sleep well at night, from around 1989 until 2016.

acbytesla 15th April 2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 12258212)
It's hard to fire Pence. He can resign or be impeached but Trump can't just fire him.

FTFY

He can't fire him at all. Pence was elected. Pence can tell Trump to go screw himself and if something happens to Trump, Pence is President. Other then breaking ties in the Senate, Pence has no purpose whatsoever.

Trebuchet 15th April 2018 09:22 PM

Unlike Cheney, who told W to jump and then how high on the way up.

CapelDodger 16th April 2018 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 12259166)
FTFY

He can't fire him at all. Pence was elected. Pence can tell Trump to go screw himself and if something happens to Trump, Pence is President. Other then breaking ties in the Senate, Pence has no purpose whatsoever.

Someone once described the Vice-Presidency as "just a heartbeat away from a real job".

Worm 16th April 2018 05:32 AM

also, "not worth a bucket of warm piss"

and that was from a man who had the job ;)

quadraginta 16th April 2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapelDodger (Post 12259489)
Someone once described the Vice-Presidency as "just a heartbeat away from a real job".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worm (Post 12259493)
also, "not worth a bucket of warm piss"

and that was from a man who had the job ;)


Insert obligatory Tom Lehrer song here;

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

d4m10n 16th April 2018 11:09 AM

Moving my chips over to Scott Pruitt for now.

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/985919517900623873

Not looking fwd to having him back here in Oklahoma . . . [emoji36]

Trebuchet 16th April 2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 12260025)
Moving my chips over to Scott Pruitt for now.

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/985919517900623873

Not looking fwd to having him back here in Oklahoma . . . [emoji36]

So Trump will have to find another fox to guard that particular henhouse?

LSSBB 16th April 2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 12259249)
Unlike Cheney, who told W to jump and then how high on the way up.

Cheney Wows Sept. 11 Commission By Drinking Glass Of Water While Bush Speaks

Norman Alexander 16th April 2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSSBB (Post 12260705)

What skill that must have taken! :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.