International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 22 (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344264)

Matthew Best 21st May 2020 07:34 PM

The Trump Presidency: Part 22

Sarah Cooper does Trump again:

Manorities:
https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1263515132698734597

Testing positively:
https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1263602783699243015

Mod InfoThread continued from here. You may quote or reply to any of the posts in that or previous thread parts.
Posted By:zooterkin

Squeegee Beckenheim 22nd May 2020 12:35 AM

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1263574116667289600

Quote:

Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood."
I don't know whether Trump is knowledgeable enough to know this but Ford was a Nazi, so there are definite implications here, intentional or otherwise.

The Don 22nd May 2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13098504)

Quote:

Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood."
I don't know whether Trump is knowledgeable enough to know this but Ford was a Nazi, so there are definite implications here, intentional or otherwise.

What a strange thing to say. Putting to one side for the moment Henry Ford's dubious political stance, does he think that Ford assembly line workers are blood relations to Henry Ford ? :confused:

IMO if there was also a reference to soil then it was a deliberate Nazi dog whistle, if not it was just the typical Presidential word salad.

The Great Zaganza 22nd May 2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

It's by far not the first time that Trump has dropped hints of his personal brand of Eugenics.

Stacyhs 22nd May 2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Ford was also a raging anti-Semite.

Stacyhs 22nd May 2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13098513)
What a strange thing to say. Putting to one side for the moment Henry Ford's dubious political stance, does he think that Ford assembly line workers are blood relations to Henry Ford ? :confused:

IMO if there was also a reference to soil then it was a deliberate Nazi dog whistle, if not it was just the typical Presidential word salad.

I had the same thought when I read that quote. But it would explain why General Motors cars are crap: bad bloodlines.

Squeegee Beckenheim 22nd May 2020 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13098513)

He does appear to think so, yes.

Squeegee Beckenheim 22nd May 2020 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13098520)

I thought that was implicit in "Nazi".

The Don 22nd May 2020 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13098531)
He does appear to think so, yes.

I suppose that given the number of Trump family members employed in paid by the Trump Organisation he'd think that there were a lot of Ford family members working for Ford. :confused:

Andy_Ross 22nd May 2020 02:29 AM

Trump Tweets

Do nothing A.G. of the Great State of Michigan, Dana Nessel, should not be taking her anger and stupidity out on Ford Motor - they might get upset with you and leave the state, like so many other companies have - until I came along and brought business back to Michigan. JOBS!

The Wacky Do Nothing Attorney General of Michigan, Dana Nessel, is viciously threatening Ford Motor Company for the fact that I inspected a Ventilator plant without a mask. Not their fault, & I did put on a mask. No wonder many auto companies left Michigan, until I came along!

Is this even possible to believe? Can this be for real? Where is this nursing home, how is the victim doing? (? does anyone have contaxt for this?)

Andy_Ross 22nd May 2020 02:38 AM

Trump Tweets

“President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Thank you!

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
Democrats need to fam the flames of fear. But if it’s safe enough to grocery shop, how is it not safe enough to vote? twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…

Squeegee Beckenheim 22nd May 2020 02:45 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...37553073942528

Quote:

Many will disagree, but @FoxNews is doing nothing to help Republicans, and me, get re-elected on November 3rd. Sure, there are some truly GREAT people on Fox, but you also have some real “garbage” littered all over the network, people like Dummy Juan Williams, Schumerite Chris...

....Hahn, Richard Goodstein, Donna Brazile, Niel Cavuto, and many others. They repeat the worst of the Democrat speaking points, and lies. All of the good is totally nullified, and more. Net Result = BAD! CNN & MSDNC are all in for the Do Nothing Democrats! Fox WAS Great!
So...no more pretence that Fox is impartial?

The Don 22nd May 2020 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13098566)
Trump Tweets

President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
Democrats need to fam the flames of fear. But if it’s safe enough to grocery shop, how is it not safe enough to vote? twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…

I wonder which poll that was because RealClearPolitics paints a different view:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html

Guybrush Threepwood 22nd May 2020 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13098561)
Is this even possible to believe? Can this be for real? Where is this nursing home, how is the victim doing? (? does anyone have contaxt for this?)

If you look in the replies to that tweet there's a video which has been going round the twittersphere which appears to show a well built black male nurse knocking seven bells out of a white care home resident. If genuine the guy needs to be locked up. It allegedly happened in Detroit.

Beelzebuddy 22nd May 2020 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 13098570)
So...no more pretence that Fox is impartial?

They haven't pretended that for years.

quadraginta 22nd May 2020 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13098521)
I had the same thought when I read that quote. But it would explain why General Motors cars are crap: bad bloodlines.

I had a Silverado for a while. It had fuel lines, hydraulic lines, even some water lines. But I don't think it had any blood lines.

I've never owned a Ford, so I don't know about them.

Horatius 22nd May 2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle

Did anyone point out to her that we don't all have to buy groceries on the same day, at the same store?

Tolls 22nd May 2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13098573)
I wonder which poll that was because RealClearPolitics paints a different view:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../pennsylvania/

Must be the Hodas & Associates one, which is tagged as partisan (see note at the bottom).

Horatius 22nd May 2020 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolls (Post 13098639)
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../pennsylvania/

Must be the Hodas & Associates one, which is tagged as partisan (see note at the bottom).

And if you click on their name, it takes you to the actual poll results, which cover a lot more questions. Let's just say, that some of these numbers are all over the place.

Two interesting bits:

How would they vote in a Congressional election?

47.0% TOTAL REPUBLICAN
37.2% TOTAL DEMOCRAT
15.8% TOTAL LEAN/INDEPENDENT

So even though only 37% vote Dem for Congress, almost 46% vote Dem for president.

And then look at the age breakdown:

12. Now a few questions for statistical purposes only. First, in what year were you born?
5.7% 18-24
13.5% 25-34
15.2% 35-44
16.3% 45-54
19.7% 55-64
25.8% 65+

More than a quarter over 65, almost half over 55. Both age groups tend towards being Republican. This almost certainly skews the results.

Ladewig 22nd May 2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13098633)
Did anyone point out to her that we don't all have to buy groceries on the same day, at the same store?

And that stores in certain neighborhoods have been closed down by the state legislature.

alfaniner 22nd May 2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13098561)
Trump Tweets

Do nothing A.G. of the Great State of Michigan, Dana Nessel, should not be taking her anger and stupidity out on Ford Motor - they might get upset with you and leave the state, like so many other companies have - until I came along and brought business back to Michigan. JOBS!

The Wacky Do Nothing Attorney General of Michigan, Dana Nessel, is viciously threatening Ford Motor Company for the fact that I inspected a Ventilator plant without a mask. Not their fault, & I did put on a mask. No wonder many auto companies left Michigan, until I came along!

Is that part of the Tweet? If so, I can't find it, even on the deleted Tweets sites.

If not, you definitely need to separate your own comments from those reported as Trump's. Putting it in italics is not doing the job. I wondered how he got italics in a Tweet anyway. But the spelling would seem to be all his, which makes it doubly confusing.

Apathia 22nd May 2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13098605)
I had a Silverado for a while. It had fuel lines, hydraulic lines, even some water lines. But I don't think it had any blood lines.

I've never owned a Ford, so I don't know about them.

A certain 1958 Plymouth Fury had bloodlines.
Christine!

shemp 22nd May 2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Trump Tweets

“President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle

Yeah, that poll is a real standout alright!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=12490

Cain 22nd May 2020 10:44 AM

Flaming lib Bill Russell criticized the president. What a loser.

Andy_Ross 22nd May 2020 10:59 AM

Bill Mitchell host of 'Your Voice America TV'

"Some have called me "sycophant" for unrelenting support of the president. I am not.
I believe Trump was sent by God to lead America through this most perilous moment in our history, blessed with a vision and second-sight beyond his innate strategic brilliance. He is our voice."

At first I thought it was some kind of parody channel but it seems it's serious .

https://yourvoiceamerica.tv/

shemp 22nd May 2020 11:17 AM

I believe that Bill Mitchell is a jerk, a moron and a dickhead. My beliefs have more basis in fact than his.

chrispy 22nd May 2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 13098892)
Flaming lib Bill Russell criticized the president. What a loser.

Excuse my ignorance, but Bill Russel the basketball and civil rights legend?

alfaniner 22nd May 2020 12:11 PM

The PDJT just announced that churches are "essential services" and thus are not subject to the rules.

Churches
essential? Really???

(ETA) Probably more suitable for the other thread where it is already being discussed.

Horatius 22nd May 2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 13098987)
The PDJT just announced that churches are "essential services" and thus are not subject to the rules.

Churches
essential? Really???

(ETA) Probably more suitable for the other thread where it is already being discussed.

At some point, the sensible portion of society is just going to have to accept that the price of finally proving how much of an idiot Trump is, is millions of deaths. At this point, we're going to pay that price no matter what.

Just hunker down and try to survive on a personal level, guys. As a society, the US is ******.

Stacyhs 22nd May 2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfaniner (Post 13098987)

Churches
essential? Really???

He also stated that he can force the governors to open all places of worship. He can't. The dunderhead still thinks he has authority over governors.

Paul2 22nd May 2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13098995)
At some point, the sensible portion of society is just going to have to accept that the price of finally proving how much of an idiot Trump is, is millions of deaths. At this point, we're going to pay that price no matter what.

Just hunker down and try to survive on a personal level, guys. As a society, the US is ******.

Yup. We have to try to turn that around, and one of the most important goals to achieve is to somehow chip away at reducing the percentage of Americans who are Trump supporters. Don't ask me how, but someone better figure something out. It took a long time - 50 years since Nixon - for the insanity in the Repubs to finally manifest itself into Trump, so it's gonna take a long time to reverse that, which means we gotta get started.

Bob001 22nd May 2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13099016)
He also stated that he can force the governors to open all places of worship. He can't. The dunderhead still thinks he has authority over governors.

For that matter, governors can't do it either. On what basis could anybody say "You are required to hold church services!" when the church doesn doesn't want to?

Horatius 22nd May 2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 13099037)
For that matter, governors can't do it either. On what basis could anybody say "You are required to hold church services!" when the church doesn doesn't want to?

I'm guessing "Freedom of religion!", but without being sarcastic.

Andy_Ross 22nd May 2020 01:15 PM

Trump Tweets

Why doesn’t @FoxNews put up the CNBC POLL or the (believe it or not!) @CNN Poll? Hope Roger A is looking down and watching what has happened to this once beautiful creation!

@FoxNews should fire their Fake Pollster. Never had a good Fox Poll!

xjx388 22nd May 2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

I don't think Trump said he could force governors to require church services. He said he could force them to exempt curches from the lockdown rules. Which he can't, but at least get what he's wrong about right.

Andy_Ross 22nd May 2020 01:17 PM

Trump Retweeted

Tim Scott
@SenatorTimScott
Joe Biden’s comments are the most arrogant and condescending thing I’ve heard in a very long time. I am offended, but not surprised.

shemp 22nd May 2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

The Puritans required everyone to attend church. Perhaps Donald thinks he can too.

Armitage72 22nd May 2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13099063)
Trump Retweeted

Tim Scott
@SenatorTimScott
Joe Biden’s comments are the most arrogant and condescending thing I’ve heard in a very long time. I am offended, but not surprised.

First, I guess he doesn't listen to Trump much.

Second, the context is an interview in which Joe Biden said "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." He's already apologized. Of course, that's a sign of weakness.

acbytesla 22nd May 2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13098520)

I've read many stories about Henry Ford and on so many levels he was really an awful person.

Safe-Keeper 22nd May 2020 02:49 PM

OT:
YouTube just recommended this video. It's one of those old Onion episodes that ended up pretty much coming true.