International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sheldon Adelson finally croaks (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348939)

shemp 12th January 2021 06:12 AM

Sheldon Adelson finally croaks
 
Sheldon Adelson, 87, is dead. He was a huge funder of Trump and the GOP. He's a big part of the reason we're where we are right now. Well, good riddance to the ******* bastard, too bad it didn't happen ten years ago, we might not be in this mess now.

The Great Zaganza 12th January 2021 06:24 AM

..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

No doubt plenty of Republicans would have traded Trump's life for Adelson's in a heartbeat.

timhau 12th January 2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13357978)
..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

No doubt plenty of Republicans would have traded Trump's life for Adelson's in a heartbeat.

Anyone know enough about cryogenics to say whether it's now too late?

Beelzebuddy 12th January 2021 08:03 AM

2021 is really trying to make up for lost time.

Segnosaur 12th January 2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13357978)
..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

Not necessarily.

According to Wikipedia, his wife is still alive and also a big Republican supporter. Assuming she inherits his money, I'm sure she will be more than willing to continue donating to right-wing causes.

TragicMonkey 12th January 2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13357978)
..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

You think he took it with him?

dudalb 12th January 2021 11:26 AM

He will most definently not be missed.

Suddenly 12th January 2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13357970)
Sheldon Adelson, 87, is dead. He was a huge funder of Trump and the GOP. He's a big part of the reason we're where we are right now. Well, good riddance to the ******* bastard, too bad it didn't happen ten years ago, we might not be in this mess now.

You mean the lack of online poker options or something else?

shemp 12th January 2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly (Post 13358485)
You mean the lack of online poker options or something else?

You're right, that's much more important! And Full Tilt stills owes me 37 bucks!

Skeptic Ginger 12th January 2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13357978)
..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

No doubt plenty of Republicans would have traded Trump's life for Adelson's in a heartbeat.

Ninja'd by Segnosaur ;)


Not so fast. His wife is just as much into supporting the same political causes. In fact, she might have even encouraged his donor behavior.

Though maybe she will stop donating to Trump now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Adelson


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.