International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 25 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346437)

dirtywick 21st September 2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13231703)
:boggled:

It's faster than the speed of water

dirtywick 21st September 2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 13231751)
Just sticking this here because it's indicative of how absolutely nutty the Trump Republican party has become:

This is an ad for Kelly Loeffler. To be clear, it is an ad BY Loeffler to make herself look APPEALING to voters, and NOT like a crazy person.

Well Doug Collins said Attila the Hun was an open borders pro abortion athiest in response. I don't want to meet the people who's votes they are fighting over.

Stacyhs 21st September 2020 07:28 PM

Why, oh why did all my ancestors have to come over from Europe so long ago making me ineligible for another citizenship?

Segnosaur 21st September 2020 09:04 PM

Some some more details about the fight to keep Trump's tax information hidden..

From: CNBC
President Donald Trump and his business could be facing a criminal tax probe by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, prosecutors suggested Monday in a court filing....While prosecutors last month suggested that they might be eyeing the Trump Organization for possible bank and insurance fraud, Monday’s filing was the first time they had publicly said that their probe might encompass potential tax crimes.

Hopefully they are successful. And also that the charges are not like those levied against the Trump foundation, but ones that can result in actual jail time.

The Great Zaganza 21st September 2020 09:16 PM

Trump is already losing a ton of money; losing the Presidential immunity will make things worse.
And, of course, Trump's original plan was to start a TV show instead of becoming President, but that slot is now filled by OAN - he might get a job there, but that's the best he can hope for.

SezMe 21st September 2020 09:53 PM

Over at Toownhall, I was reading an opinion piece about how the "silent majority" are afraid to speak out for Trump because of violence by the left. This writer went to Michigan to interview some people to bolster her case. Here is a quote from one of her interviews:

Quote:

He's doing what he said he's going to do and he's for the average person," the Bay City woman explained. "I think that's the biggest thing. He's not in it for himself. He loves the people
I know we've talked a lot about the unworldliness of Trumpers but even so the hi9ghlighted sentence smacked my gob. Un - freakin' -believeable. I posted a comment; we'll see what wonderful names it get called. :eek:

Cain 21st September 2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 13208010)
Not big enough for its own thread:

Several days after attending Trump's convention speech, the leader of one of Donald's "boat parades" has been arrested for sending a threatening text message to a former member of his country club.

And I believe that might be the whitest sentence I have ever typed.

The whitest sentence I've ever typed: "Season 2 is great because the docks add a whole new dimension to the show's central character: the city of Baltimore."

Lurch 21st September 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13231847)
Over at Toownhall, I was reading an opinion piece about how the "silent majority" are afraid to speak out for Trump because of violence by the left. This writer went to Michigan to interview some people to bolster her case. Here is a quote from one of her interviews:



I know we've talked a lot about the unworldliness of Trumpers but even so the hi9ghlighted sentence smacked my gob. Un - freakin' -believeable. I posted a comment; we'll see what wonderful names it get called. :eek:

These people have no grasp of history, and how populist scumbags operate. Hitler ostentatiously declined his salary, projecting the same 'selfless' sacrificing for the people.

Stacyhs 21st September 2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13231847)
Over at Toownhall, I was reading an opinion piece about how the "silent majority" are afraid to speak out for Trump because of violence by the left. This writer went to Michigan to interview some people to bolster her case. Here is a quote from one of her interviews:

Quote:

Quote:
He's doing what he said he's going to do and he's for the average person," the Bay City woman explained. "I think that's the biggest thing. He's not in it for himself. He loves the people
I know we've talked a lot about the unworldliness of Trumpers but even so the hi9ghlighted sentence smacked my gob. Un - freakin' -believeable. I posted a comment; we'll see what wonderful names it get called. :eek:

Truly delusional. He doesn't give a crap about 'the people'. Even his own sister recognizes that. God, these people are dumb.

Ladewig 21st September 2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SezMe (Post 13231847)
Over at Toownhall, I was reading an opinion piece about how the "silent majority" are afraid to speak out for Trump because of violence by the left. This writer went to Michigan to interview some people to bolster her case. Here is a quote from one of her interviews:
:

If they are afraid of the violence of the left coming to their town and perhaps even their street, then perhaps they should buy a gun and learn how to use it

Norman Alexander 21st September 2020 11:05 PM

They seem worried about the "violence of the left". LOL.

First, I thought Trump told them "the left" was so weak it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. And the Trump side, the "right" side, is all-powerful and triumphant and will roll over all opposition unimpeded. And yet...the wimps are now somehow sooper-scary?? HUH??! So which is it: latte-sipping wimps, or a rampaging proletariat at the gates of the Winter Palace? Pick one.

Second, who's a triggered little snowflake now?

Stacyhs 21st September 2020 11:27 PM

I didn't know what thread to put this in but I thought this might do. Interesting true story about the 'wonderful' and efficient U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
My SIL's brother was born in Germany to a German mother and US born citizen father who was serving in the US Army back in the late 1950's. They were legally married. He was raised in the US. He gave up his automatic dual German citizenship to serve in the US Coast Guard. A few years ago he moved to Thailand. Just before coming back to the US last March, he had his wallet pick pocketed. Upon landing in Seattle, his passport and all his papers were confiscated and he was told he was not a US citizen. His birth certificate was in German because he was not born in a military base hospital.

He was assigned a case worker who couldn't care less that he was obviously an American had lived here since a small child and had a (deceased) American father who was undoubtedly a US citizen. She told him he had no right to have served in the Coast Guard. He was about to be deported to God knows where (they wouldn't tell him) when he was given another case worker who was able to obtain the proof that he was a US citizen. Chilling to think he could have been deported with no money and no paper work to some third world country because of some idiot ICE worker who didn't give a damn.

a_unique_person 21st September 2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13231817)
Some some more details about the fight to keep Trump's tax information hidden..

From: CNBC
President Donald Trump and his business could be facing a criminal tax probe by the Manhattan District Attorneyís office, prosecutors suggested Monday in a court filing....While prosecutors last month suggested that they might be eyeing the Trump Organization for possible bank and insurance fraud, Mondayís filing was the first time they had publicly said that their probe might encompass potential tax crimes.

Hopefully they are successful. And also that the charges are not like those levied against the Trump foundation, but ones that can result in actual jail time.

BuzzFeed has its hands on leaked documents that link Deutsche Bank, the only one that would deal with him, to large scale money laundering.

The Great Zaganza 21st September 2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13231909)
I didn't know what thread to put this in but I thought this might do. Interesting true story about the 'wonderful' and efficient U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
My SIL's brother was born in Germany to a German mother and US born citizen father who was serving in the US Army back in the late 1950's. They were legally married. He was raised in the US. He gave up his automatic dual German citizenship to serve in the US Coast Guard. A few years ago he moved to Thailand. Just before coming back to the US last March, he had his wallet pick pocketed. Upon landing in Seattle, his passport and all his papers were confiscated and he was told he was not a US citizen. His birth certificate was in German because he was not born in a military base hospital.

He was assigned a case worker who couldn't care less that he was obviously an American had lived here since a small child and had a (deceased) American father who was undoubtedly a US citizen. She told him he had no right to have served in the Coast Guard. He was about to be deported to God knows where (they wouldn't tell him) when he was given another case worker who was able to obtain the proof that he was a US citizen. Chilling to think he could have been deported with no money and no paper work to some third world country because of some idiot ICE worker who didn't give a damn.

Very frightening.
It seems clear that ICE measures its success by the number of deportations,.

Aridas 22nd September 2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13231779)
Well Doug Collins said Attila the Hun was an open borders pro abortion athiest in response. I don't want to meet the people who's votes they are fighting over.

I think that one of the lines in that ad should be noted, quite clearly, though.

"Eliminate the liberal scribes."

AKA, destroy the free press.

I think that we're at the point where we can safely respond to any claims by Republicans that the Republican Party actually values the 1st Amendment with ridicule.

Stacyhs 22nd September 2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aridas (Post 13231921)
I think that one of the lines in that ad should be noted, quite clearly, though.

"Eliminate the liberal scribes."

AKA, destroy the free press.

I think that we're at the point where we can safely respond to any claims by Republicans that the Republican Party actually values the 1st Amendment with ridicule.

They just have a different interpretation of what 'free' means in 'free' speech and 'free' press.

Ladewig 22nd September 2020 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 13231751)
Just sticking this here because it's indicative of how absolutely nutty the Trump Republican party has become:

This is an ad for Kelly Loeffler. To be clear, it is an ad BY Loeffler to make herself look APPEALING to voters, and NOT like a crazy person.

As I watched the commercial, I figured she was running for state senate. I was quite wrong: she is running for the US Senate.

:eek:

Ohhhh. Georgia.

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 02:21 AM

Trump Retweeted

Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
Looks like James Comey and Hillary Clinton aren’t the only people who should be in jail.
Quote Tweet

Elizabeth MacDonald
@LizMacDonaldFOX
Justice Dept. Opens Criminal Inquiry Into John Bolton’s Book - The New York Times https://nytimes.com/2020/09/15/us/po...stigation.html

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 02:22 AM

Trump Retweeted

Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
Senate Democrats are wrong to smear Republicans for investigating the truth about Hunter Biden and Ukraine.
But we shouldn’t be surprised.
When you drain the Swamp, the Swamp fights back.

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 02:26 AM

Trump Retweeted

Senate Republicans
@SenateGOP
Nancy Pelosi + Democrats have done nothing but obstruct since Day Oneóthis is no different.
Senate Republicans intend to do our job.
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
@SenateGOP Crazy Nancy Pelosi wants to Impeach me if I fulfill my Constitutional Obligation to put forth a Nominee for the vacated seat on the United States Supreme Court. This would be a FIRST, even crazier than being Impeached for making a PERFECT phone call to Ukrainian Pres.

Giordano 22nd September 2020 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13231503)
Trump's makeup line is very visible today

Yet something else I donít get about Trump. Doesnít the POTUS have access to the best make-up artists in the world? Yet a 16 year old girl could do it much better. Both color and evenness. I thought maybe this is another deliberate trolling of the media. But then I realized this must be his ego! He does his own make-up because he doesnít want anyone else to know. He really believes that no one else can detect his clever self-applied Venusian tan as fake!

Or maybe his make-up person hates him...

I donít know about his hair weave...

ponderingturtle 22nd September 2020 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13231687)
He says crap like that all the time, it's purely to get news headlines just like when he says he thinks he deserves another year or another term because the press was mean to him.

He's playing the media.

Like his silly build a wall thing. Everyone knew that was a metaphor or just to grab headlines.

He means everything he says the same ammount, it is if it gets traction or not that matters.

Giordano 22nd September 2020 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13231994)
Trump Retweeted

Senate Republicans
@SenateGOP
Nancy Pelosi + Democrats have done nothing but obstruct since Day Oneóthis is no different.
Senate Republicans intend to do our job.
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
@SenateGOP Crazy Nancy Pelosi wants to Impeach me if I fulfill my Constitutional Obligation to put forth a Nominee for the vacated seat on the United States Supreme Court. This would be a FIRST, even crazier than being Impeached for making a PERFECT phone call to Ukrainian Pres.

No Sherlock. She is allegedly considering this as one way of throwing a shoe in your SC nomination and confirmation machinery to slow it down until after the election.

But after the Woodward interviews I really donít know if Trump is that stupid, trolling his opposition, or trolling his supporters. I now often think he toys with his supporters amusing himself with just how stupid they are.

Mojo 22nd September 2020 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13231703)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13231601)
Trump introduces Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and the crowd boos him!
"He's opening up," Trump says, to try to placate the audience.

Trump says the election is a choice between him and Communism!

"I like Putin. He likes me."

"We have F-35s that you can't see," Trump says, seemingly still confused about the fact that stealth planes aren't literally invisible

"It's hydrosonic. I call it super-duper."

:boggled:


Thatís over 4 times its speed in air. ;)

Aridas 22nd September 2020 03:08 AM

Well... looks like Barr's officially designated Seattle, Portland, and NYC as "anarchist" jurisdictions.

Sure looks like an openly political move to me and is quite worth derision. Beyond that, though, this seems to be the result of...

Quote:

Earlier this month, Donald Trump directed federal officials to find a rationale for cutting government funding to certain cities controlled by Democrats.
Utterly and completely unacceptable. Unfortunately, the Trump Presidency seems like it's been one long onslaught of the utterly and completely unacceptable.

Jim_MDP 22nd September 2020 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 13231742)
Underwater.................what?!

Maybe he imagines it has the amazing ability to fly in the rain. Tremendous!
[emoji1]

TragicMonkey 22nd September 2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giordano (Post 13232006)
Yet something else I donít get about Trump. Doesnít the POTUS have access to the best make-up artists in the world? Yet a 16 year old girl could do it much better. Both color and evenness. I thought maybe this is another deliberate trolling of the media. But then I realized this must be his ego! He does his own make-up because he doesnít want anyone else to know. He really believes that no one else can detect his clever self-applied Venusian tan as fake!

Or maybe his make-up person hates him...

I donít know about his hair weave...

My guess is that his eyesight is bad and he's too vain for glasses, too squeamish for contacts, and too narcissistic to realize the whole universe isn't blurry it's just his own perception. I think Trump's incapable of realizing other people don't literally see everything the same way he does.

The Don 22nd September 2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13232110)
Maybe he imagines it has the amazing ability to fly in the rain. Tremendous!
[emoji1]

Unlike Marine 1 I guess. ;)

Elagabalus 22nd September 2020 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13231683)
This wouldn't be the case if Biden or his campaign managers knew how to counter that crap instead of just whining about it.

"If I lose to [Joe Biden] I don't know what I'm gonna do," Trump says in the quick clip. "I will never speak to you again. You'll never see me again."

The short ad then cuts to a picture of a grinning Biden. "I'm Joe Biden and I approve this message,"

https://mashable.com/article/joe-bid...d-trump-words/

gypsyjackson 22nd September 2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13231203)
"A forest nation"? Endor? Lothlorien? Are there any countries in reality that would describe themselves in that way?

He said it before about Finland when they Ďadvised him to rake the forestsĎ. I think the Finns were a bit bemused by it.

thaiboxerken 22nd September 2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13231619)
Does he think they have Cloaks of Invisibility?

He thinks stealth mode is accurately portrayed in Marvel movies. He also thinks that Hydra are the good guys.

Safe-Keeper 22nd September 2020 06:52 AM

If it's a big deal to him that the super-dupers fly faster than the speed of sound, he really is clueless. He might as well brag that they're built with full-metal airframes.

Then again, they're flown by losers and suckers, so why should he care.

thaiboxerken 22nd September 2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13231687)
He says crap like that all the time, it's purely to get news headlines just like when he says he thinks he deserves another year or another term because the press was mean to him.

He's playing the media.

I've no doubt it's meant to distract. However, I also believe he will try to get the courts to declare him the winner. He was "playing the media" when he declared he wants to slow down testing, after all....

thaiboxerken 22nd September 2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13231898)
They seem worried about the "violence of the left". LOL.

First, I thought Trump told them "the left" was so weak it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. And the Trump side, the "right" side, is all-powerful and triumphant and will roll over all opposition unimpeded. And yet...the wimps are now somehow sooper-scary?? HUH??! So which is it: latte-sipping wimps, or a rampaging proletariat at the gates of the Winter Palace? Pick one.

Second, who's a triggered little snowflake now?

They believe both. They think liberals are panzie, tree-hugging, pacifist wimps that are violent, dangerous and to be feared.

JoeMorgue 22nd September 2020 07:00 AM

Again in a post-facts world consistency is a weakness.

Traditional logic is that if you say one thing and then say the exact contradiction then nobody agrees with you. If you say "The Bleen is Blue" today and "The Bleen is Red" tomorrow, neither the Blue Bleeners or the Red Bleeners will be on your side. But not so anymore.

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 09:03 AM

Trump Tweets

Great news. It will show how incompetent she is!
Quote Tweet

ABC News
@ABC
Kamala Harris is poised to become a leading figure in the Democratic opposition to Pres. Trump’s Supreme Court pick. https://abcn.ws/2ZUGURS

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 09:04 AM

Trump Tweets

I will be announcing my Supreme Court Nominee on Saturday, at the White House! Exact time TBA.

The Democrats are only interested in BAILING OUT their badly managed, high crime, Blue States. They are not interested in our workers or small businesses. Crazy Nancy will only do stimulus, which would be helpful, if we couple it with bailout money. Republican States are great!!!

Nissan is rolling out itís 2021 ROGUE from TENNESSEE. Great!

Trebuchet 22nd September 2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13231979)
As I watched the commercial, I figured she was running for state senate. I was quite wrong: she is running for the US Senate.

:eek:

Ohhhh. Georgia.

Not just running, she's a sitting Senator, albeit appointed to the position.

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 09:09 AM

Trump Tweets
We are!
Quote Tweet

Senator Rand Paul
@RandPaul
Great news. Let’s bring our heroes home!
U.S. military to cut in half troop deployment in Iraq
Troops will be cut to 3,000 service members.

Captain_Swoop 22nd September 2020 09:10 AM

Trump Retweeted

Secretary Pompeo
@SecPompeo
US government account
The world needs to unite around the central idea that the Islamic Republic of Iran is the greatest threat, and when that regime changes its behavior, we have the chance to create true global stability in the region. Itís what President @realDonaldTrump asked us to do.

We welcome the UK, Germany, and France's rejection of China's unlawful maritime claims in the South China Sea at the United Nations. China must abide by international norms. We join our allies in rejecting the idea that "might makes right.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.