International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The thread for stupidity from GQP politicians who don't have their own thread (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356016)

Craig4 29th December 2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 13689564)
GOP Congressional Candidate Noah Malgeri wants to see Gen. Milley executed live on CSPAN.

It's time that we call out these sort of unhinged characters for what they are: mainstream Republicans.

**** it. Publish their home addresses, the names and locations of the nearest grocery stores, gyms, schools and then find something in their voting or speaking record that will set some group of crazies off. It's what their kind do to Americans. Americans should be willing to do it to them. All sides have crazies. What a crazy might do shouldn't regulate our speech.

Armitage72 30th December 2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13689932)
Remember when not being able to spell potato or looking goofy in a tank helmet was enough to end a political career?


Or cheating on your spouse. Just once.

Parsman 31st December 2021 07:45 AM

Surprised Ted Cruz thinking WA was Washington, not Western Australia, hasn't turned up yet, gave the rest of the world a laugh at Republicans yet again though.

shemp 31st December 2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsman (Post 13691816)
Surprised Ted Cruz thinking WA was Washington, not Western Australia, hasn't turned up yet, gave the rest of the world a laugh at Republicans yet again though.

Saw that earlier this morning, here's a link: Ted Cruz Confuses Washington With Western Australia, Is Widely Mocked

Quote:

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) is facing ridicule over a now-deleted tweet that mixed up the state of Washington in the U.S. with Western Australia, a state that is part of Australia.

The Republican had retweeted a post featuring a screenshot from the Facebook page of the government of Western Australia (WA Government) that appeared to advise a woman that dancing was not permitted at a private New Year's Eve party at her home. The original tweet did not mention Washington.

Cruz added his own comment criticizing Washington and Democrat-led states in general but he later deleted the tweet in question. By then, many social media users had seen the post and were mocking Cruz for the error.

Cruz had tweeted: "Blue-state Dems are power-drunk authoritarian kill-joys. Washington State: NO DANCING ALLOWED!!! Any rational & free citizen: Piss off."

The WA Government's Facebook page had replied to a woman who had asked if she was allowed to hold a party for New Year's Eve.
Of course he deleted it but the internet never forgets.

Ladewig 31st December 2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsman (Post 13691816)
Surprised Ted Cruz thinking WA was Washington, not Western Australia, hasn't turned up yet, gave the rest of the world a laugh at Republicans yet again though.

In a post-factual world, fact-checking is for losers.

Sadly, I do not believe Cruz will lose an iota of support for making this ignorant comment. I’ll go even further and say that some of Cruz’s supporters will read that story and come awAy with the idea that it did happen in Washington state and Senator Pinhead was right to call out this blue state.

Cain 31st December 2021 11:41 AM

Speaking of Ted Cruz, his thirteen year-old daughter (alleged) is currently attracting attention for saying, "A lot of people judge me based upon him at first glance, but I really disagree with most of his views."

TheGoldcountry 31st December 2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 13691952)
Speaking of Ted Cruz, his thirteen year-old daughter (alleged) is currently attracting attention for saying, "A lot of people judge me based upon him at first glance, but I really disagree with most of his views."

It's alleged that she's thirteen, or that she is his daughter?

How could you agree with his views, anyway? They change on a regular basis. You would need a smartphone app just to keep current on whatever nonsense he's spouting at any particular time.

Stacyhs 31st December 2021 12:55 PM

Ted Cruz is the least liked man in Congress or so I've heard. I can understand that. He makes my skin crawl.

shemp 31st December 2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 13691952)
Speaking of Ted Cruz, his thirteen year-old daughter (alleged) is currently attracting attention for saying, "A lot of people judge me based upon him at first glance, but I really disagree with most of his views."

I would think that just being his daughter would make one curl up into a ball and cry until one died of dehydration.

shemp 31st December 2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13691983)
Ted Cruz is the least liked man in Congress or so I've heard. I can understand that. He makes my skin crawl.

He makes his own skin crawl.

shemp 31st December 2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13691926)
In a post-factual world, fact-checking is for losers.

Sadly, I do not believe Cruz will lose an iota of support for making this ignorant comment. I’ll go even further and say that some of Cruz’s supporters will read that story and come awAy with the idea that it did happen in Washington state and Senator Pinhead was right to call out this blue state.

Most of his followers don't know where Australia is. Hell, most of them probably think it's just another libtard lie and doesn't actually exist.

Stacyhs 1st January 2022 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13692090)
Most of his followers don't know where Australia is. Hell, most of them probably think it's just another libtard lie and doesn't actually exist.

Weep for us:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Horatius 1st January 2022 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13692085)
I would think that just being his daughter would make one curl up into a ball and cry until one died of dehydration.


Was it this daughter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplpSfaouP8

Stacyhs 1st January 2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13692307)

I don't blame her. Would you want to be kissed by Ted Cruz?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0c7a8e46c7.jpg

Trebuchet 1st January 2022 06:43 PM

What the heck does Canada Ted know, anyhow?

Stacyhs 1st January 2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13692814)
What the heck does Canada Ted know, anyhow?

How to make people, even other Republicans, loathe him.

eerok 2nd January 2022 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13692814)
What the heck does Canada Ted know, anyhow?

If you're thinking of sending him back, forget it.

Gord_in_Toronto 2nd January 2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13692884)
If you're thinking of sending him back, forget it.

Oh, I don't know. We can always do with a good laugh.

eerok 2nd January 2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto (Post 13693140)
Oh, I don't know. We can always do with a good laugh.

As long as he's confined to Alberta (the Texas of the North).

Lrrr 2nd January 2022 12:11 PM

Oh hell, no. We've already got our "Trump Mini Me" in Premier Jason Kenney, idiot American trying to make Alberta like the US.

Stacyhs 2nd January 2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrrr (Post 13693248)
Oh hell, no. We've already got our "Trump Mini Me" in Premier Jason Kenney, idiot American trying to make Alberta like the US.

Are you saying Kenney is an American? He was born and raised in Canada.

Horatius 2nd January 2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrrr (Post 13693248)
Oh hell, no. We've already got our "Trump Mini Me" in Premier Jason Kenney, idiot American trying to make Alberta like the US.


I don't know, I think it might be fun to watch Raphael try to deal with Parliament, where it's accepted practice to jeer members of the other party when they say something stupid in the House of Commons.

Hell, even George Bush noped out of addressing Parliament because he was afraid he'd be heckled.

Lrrr 3rd January 2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13693326)
Are you saying Kenney is an American? He was born and raised in Canada.

You're correct, he is not American. I thought he held dual citizenship but was mistaken.

Gord_in_Toronto 3rd January 2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrrr (Post 13693711)
You're correct, he is not American. I thought he held dual citizenship but was mistaken.

It is hard to tell though, isn't it?

Ladewig 3rd January 2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13692884)
If you're thinking of sending him back, forget it.

I think we can find an amiable solution.

1) The US exiles T. Cruz, puts him in a boat in Cleveland, sets a course due north, and launches him into Lake Erie.
2) Canada refuses to accept him.
3) He remains adrift in the lake.
4) US-Canadian relations reach a new high.

eerok 3rd January 2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13694259)
I think we can find an amiable solution.

1) The US exiles T. Cruz, puts him in a boat in Cleveland, sets a course due north, and launches him into Lake Erie.
2) Canada refuses to accept him.
3) He remains adrift in the lake.
4) US-Canadian relations reach a new high.

I dunno. I sail on Lake Erie, and the gobies, Asian carp, and zebra mussels are bad enough. I don't want any Cruz in the water, too.

How many invasive species are we expected to endure?

Ladewig 3rd January 2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13694265)
I dunno. I sail on Lake Erie, and the gobies, Asian carp, and zebra mussels are bad enough. I don't want any Cruz in the water, too.

How many invasive species are we expected to endure?

Well played.

slyjoe 5th January 2022 08:38 AM

Senator Ron Johnson is vying for dumbest quote ever.

Quote:

During a familiar rant Monday on a conservative radio show about the merits of relying on the body’s “natural immunity” to COVID-19 after being infected with the virus, the senator asked, “Why do we assume that the body’s natural immune system isn’t the marvel that it is?”

“Why do we think that we can create something better than God in terms of combating disease?” he added.
https://news.yahoo.com/sen-ron-johns...050332683.html

bruto 5th January 2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13691083)
Or cheating on your spouse. Just once.

Go back far enough and you'll find Adlai Stevenson's divorce a major issue.

shemp 5th January 2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13695762)
Senator Ron Johnson is vying for dumbest quote ever.



https://news.yahoo.com/sen-ron-johns...050332683.html

When it comes to Covid, plague, measles, smallpox, polio, flu, cholera, etc. etc. etc., his god sure did a lousy job of it.

JoeMorgue 5th January 2022 12:12 PM

"Republican So & So has said the stupidest thing you've ever heard" has been said so often and so accurately and correctly in the last year that it's lost all meaning.

It's like hearing "Today is the longest time you've been alive." Yeah it's true but...

bruto 5th January 2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13695963)
"Republican So & So has said the stupidest thing you've ever heard" has been said so often and so accurately and correctly in the last year that it's lost all meaning.

It's like hearing "Today is the longest time you've been alive." Yeah it's true but...

It seems that some people think "the stupidest thing you've ever heard" is a challenge. And to give them some credit, they're up to it.

shemp 5th January 2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13696194)
It seems that some people think "the stupidest thing you've ever heard" is a challenge. And to give them some credit, they're up to it.

Normal person: "[Statement] from [Republican] is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

Republican: "Hold my beer!"

Paul2 5th January 2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13696216)
Normal person: "[Statement] from [Republican] is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

Republican: "Hold my beer!"

Hey, you used that line in the other thread!

shemp 5th January 2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul2 (Post 13696231)
Hey, you used that line in the other thread!

Hold my beer!

Horatius 5th January 2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13696194)
It seems that some people think "the stupidest thing you've ever heard" is a challenge. And to give them some credit, they're up to it.


I often wonder if the people who spend all their time trying to defend the stupidity ever just get tired of it. "Oh, god, what do I have to spin now?"

Trebuchet 5th January 2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13695762)
Senator Ron Johnson is vying for dumbest quote ever.







https://news.yahoo.com/sen-ron-johns...050332683.html

If God expected man to fly, he'd have given us the Wright Brothers. And if he wanted us to help our immune systems. He'd have given us Jenner and the other vaccine developers.

Stacyhs 6th January 2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:
During a familiar rant Monday on a conservative radio show about the merits of relying on the body’s “natural immunity” to COVID-19 after being infected with the virus, the senator asked, “Why do we assume that the body’s natural immune system isn’t the marvel that it is?”

“Why do we think that we can create something better than God in terms of combating disease?” he added.
Why on earth is Johnson wearing clothes? If God had wanted us to cover ourselves, we'd have been born with fur like cats or hair like gorillas. Why does he think the Men's Wearhouse can create something better than God in terms of covering ourselves? Blasphemy!

Stacyhs 6th January 2022 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13696270)
I often wonder if the people who spend all their time trying to defend the stupidity ever just get tired of it. "Oh, god, what do I have to spin now?"

Not those on here; they never get tired of it.

Ryan O'Dine 6th January 2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatius (Post 13696270)
I often wonder if the people who spend all their time trying to defend the stupidity ever just get tired of it. "Oh, god, what do I have to spin now?"

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer is playing peekaboo with a baby, and the baby gets bored way before Homer.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.