International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trump's letter in the desk to Biden (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349120)

TheRealnz 22nd January 2021 01:34 AM

Trump's letter in the desk to Biden
 
Does anyone believe Biden's description of the letter, where he said it was generous in it's tone? What does everyone think it was like?

Skeptic Ginger 22nd January 2021 01:37 AM

I suspect it was a decent letter. Not sure if Trump's staff didn't write it though. It was typed. Does Trumpy even know how to type except tweets?

I believe Trump was too angry to write it.

Jim_MDP 22nd January 2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13370048)
I suspect it was a decent letter. Not sure if Trump's staff didn't write it though. It was typed. Does Trumpy even know how to type except tweets?

I believe Trump was too angry to write it.

I read Melanie staffed out the goodbye letters to the entire WH household staff. Just signed them.
Yeah... you Be Best girl. [emoji20]

Craig4 22nd January 2021 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13370055)
I read Melanie staffed out the goodbye letters to the entire WH household staff. Just signed them.
Yeah... you Be Best girl. [emoji20]

I know this is totally wrong, but whenever Melania talks about "Be Best", I can't help but think about Zoolander's "Center for Kids who Can't Read Good or do Other Stuff Good."

Shadowdweller 22nd January 2021 03:44 AM

I'm sure everyone agrees that it was the best letter ever written by a defrauded, outgoing president. And that it was totally appropriate too.

Crossbow 22nd January 2021 05:13 AM

If Trump actually wrote the letter in question, then one can be sure that it had some typographical errors in it and that the letter reads like one of his stupid Tweets.

The Great Zaganza 22nd January 2021 05:23 AM

It's a bill for the Oval Office minibar.

Mike! 22nd January 2021 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealnz (Post 13370044)
Does anyone believe Biden's description of the letter, where he said it was generous in it's tone? What does everyone think it was like?

Maybe it was just a big check written out, pay to the order of, "Cash"?

Horatius 22nd January 2021 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13370133)
Maybe it was just a big check written out, pay to the order of, "Cash"?



From Trump? Not a chance.

Something written by the staff would be my bet.

Ethan Thane Athen 22nd January 2021 05:44 AM

If Melania didn't write her letter, there's no way Trump wrote his, so yeah, I can believe it was decent / generous. Do I believe it was from Trump / reflected his thoughts? Not a chance.

Safe-Keeper 22nd January 2021 05:53 AM

I was going to write a joke about the letter being written in crayon, but I can't be bothered, they haven't aged well. I think it was the attempted coup that did it. He's always been a horrible person, but after the January 6th coup attempt...

fishbob 22nd January 2021 06:01 AM

I heard Biden say that the letter was 'generous'. That could simply mean that it was written on a large piece of paper.

The Great Zaganza 22nd January 2021 06:18 AM

maybe it was a 20% off Coupon for the Trump Hotel DC ?

timhau 22nd January 2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13370161)
maybe it was a 20% off Coupon for the Trump Hotel DC ?

... with "22" written over the 20 with a sharpie. That's the generous part.

Mader Levap 22nd January 2021 06:42 AM

I am sure calling it "generous" was Biden just being nice.

Butter! 22nd January 2021 06:46 AM

"Joe,

You know I won.

- Donny

P.S. Your wife is ugly"

Gord_in_Toronto 22nd January 2021 07:54 AM

I saw Melania's departure speech in which see said how wonderful America was when an illegal nude "model" immigrant from a communist country could rise to the height of FLOTUS"

No. Sorry that was the other Universe. Never mind.

JoeMorgue 22nd January 2021 07:56 AM

My own weird take on it. I actually bet that the letter was Trump actually trying to be gracious, which means it was Trump trying to sound like what he thinks a gracious person sounds like, which makes me want to know what it says more than if I just suspected it was directly mean spirited.

Jim_MDP 22nd January 2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mader Levap (Post 13370178)
I am sure calling it "generous" was Biden just being nice.

I really, really want to believe Donnie pulled it together for a moment and you're wrong.
I... lack confidence in that hope. [emoji20]

Jim_MDP 22nd January 2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13370251)
My own weird take on it. I actually bet that the letter was Trump actually trying to be gracious, which means it was Trump trying to sound like what he thinks a gracious person sounds like, which makes me want to know what it says more than if I just suspected it was directly mean spirited.

Yeah, I'll go with that one as well. [emoji1]

Craig4 22nd January 2021 08:01 AM

I think Biden knows that the less Trump's name is said the better. Saying the letter was anything but generous gives the story legs. Best just let it go.

shemp 22nd January 2021 08:21 AM

There's not a goddamn chance in hell that Donny wrote it. Somebody else wrote it, forged his signature and put it there after Trump left.

JoeMorgue 22nd January 2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13370278)
There's not a goddamn chance in hell that Donny wrote it. Somebody else wrote it, forged his signature and put it there after Trump left.

"This is an inkjet printout of a poor resolution stock photo of the one Bush left for Clinton. It still has the Gettyimages watermark on it. It's not even on the White House letterhead it's printed on the back of Chinese takeout menu. You just crossed out all the names and wrote Trump and Biden's names in their places. And you misspelled Biden. AND TRUMP."

TragicMonkey 22nd January 2021 08:33 AM

"Deer Jo, u kan haf my last 3 Diet Cokes, luv PERSIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP".

Mike! 22nd January 2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbob (Post 13370154)
I heard Biden say that the letter was 'generous'. That could simply mean that it was written on a large piece of paper.

When your favorite pen is a Sharpie, that'd actually make sense.

Worm 22nd January 2021 09:42 AM

He probably just photcopied Obama's letter and wrote 'Donnie Trump' in sharpie at the bottom.

JoeMorgue 22nd January 2021 09:45 AM

The "letter" was a stack of 100 dollar bills with "Please don't let them impeach me. Dear God Joe do you know how bad I would do in prison!" on them.

Hercules Rockefeller 22nd January 2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 13370294)
"Deer Jo, u kan haf my last 3 Diet Cokes, luv PERSIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP".

P.S. the covfefe masheen is broken.

Vixen 22nd January 2021 12:03 PM

Dear Joe, I know where you live. DJT

smartcooky 22nd January 2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 13370147)
I was going to write a joke about the letter being written in crayon sharpie, but I can't be bothered, they haven't aged well. I think it was the attempted coup that did it. He's always been a horrible person, but after the January 6th coup attempt...

FTFY

Stacyhs 22nd January 2021 02:48 PM

Dear Joe,

My inauguration crowd was much more bigly than yours. I win.

President Donald J. Trump

Minoosh 22nd January 2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13370251)
My own weird take on it. I actually bet that the letter was Trump actually trying to be gracious, which means it was Trump trying to sound like what he thinks a gracious person sounds like, which makes me want to know what it says more than if I just suspected it was directly mean spirited.

Trump has it in him not to be a complete ****. During the 2016 election he sort of broke character and said something nice about Hillary - like she was a smart woman and a hell of a fighter, but, paraphrase.

There's no point at all in alienating Biden so his self-interest would dictate that he not quite grovel but give Joe some credit where it may be due. I doubt if he's emotionally equipped to say, "You won fair and square," but he could say something about how Biden fought the race with some class. I think he knows what class is.

Minoosh 22nd January 2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13370403)
The "letter" was a stack of 100 dollar bills with "Please don't let them impeach me. Dear God Joe do you know how bad I would do in prison!" on them.

:D

Ladewig 22nd January 2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13370055)
I read Melanie staffed out the goodbye letters to the entire WH household staff. Just signed them.
Yeah... you Be Best girl. [emoji20]

I am intrigued over how she staffed then out. Did 2 or 3 people write all of them or was it more of a Secret Santa thing where each staffer had to write a letter to a randomly-selected staffer?

Given the tone in the WH since Jan 6, I’ll offer even money that she staffed out the signatures, too.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdweller (Post 13370097)
I'm sure everyone agrees that it was the best letter ever written by a defrauded, outgoing president. And that it was totally appropriate too.

Not defrauded, defrauding. (or even defrocked)

ETA
While checking the definition, I came across this notation

Defraud stresses depriving one of his or her rights and usually connotes deliberate perversion of the truth.
Swindle implies large-scale cheating by misrepresentation or abuse of confidence.

Donny gets a twofer.

shemp 22nd January 2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13370403)
The "letter" was a stack of 100 dollar bills with "Please don't let them impeach me. Dear God Joe do you know how bad I would do in prison!" on them.

Trump part with money? The man is a living Scrooge McDuck.

Shadowdweller 22nd January 2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13370979)
Not defrauded, defrauding. (or even defrocked)

Defrauded was the intentional and appropriate term. That was an ironic statement.

Venom 22nd January 2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter! (Post 13370181)
"Joe,

You know I won.

- Donny

P.S. Your wife is ugly"

Oh First Lady is definitely Trump's type.

Skeptic Ginger 22nd January 2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13370130)
It's a bill for the Oval Office minibar.

:sdl:

SteveAitch 23rd January 2021 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13370983)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13370403)
The "letter" was a stack of 100 dollar bills with "Please don't let them impeach me. Dear God Joe do you know how bad I would do in prison!" on them.

Trump part with money? The man is a living Scrooge McDuck.

Confederate currency donated by one of his older southern supporters? :boggled:

MarkCorrigan 23rd January 2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13370867)
Trump has it in him not to be a complete ****. During the 2016 election he sort of broke character and said something nice about Hillary - like she was a smart woman and a hell of a fighter, but, paraphrase.

There's no point at all in alienating Biden so his self-interest would dictate that he not quite grovel but give Joe some credit where it may be due. I doubt if he's emotionally equipped to say, "You won fair and square," but he could say something about how Biden fought the race with some class. I think he knows what class is.

Of course he does, that's why he knew that the attempted coup looked so low class.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.