International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Economics, Business and Finance (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Bitcoin - Part 3 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336407)

psionl0 1st July 2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12742562)
Let bitcoin never be dull ;)

Bitcoin price goes up. Bitcoin price goes down.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Dr.Sid 2nd July 2019 04:13 AM

Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?

Samson 2nd July 2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid (Post 12742758)
Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?

Disclosure of interest.
I have never had any bitcoin, but as a complete believer with delivered proof on other threads here that price history alone is sufficient to deliver highly accurate predictions with concomitant certain profits, I can say that bitcoin is a sublime follower of technical fashion.

However my view is always coloured by the logic,
rat poison,
I think far less of it.

It is all bulldust, destined to be exterminated with the vermin.

I know I am being way too kind. :)

psionl0 2nd July 2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid (Post 12742758)
Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?

I can't add much to what I said in post #115. NOBODY knows what will happen next and don't let anybody here tell you otherwise.

The_Animus 5th July 2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12742788)
Disclosure of interest.
I have never had any bitcoin, but as a complete believer with delivered proof on other threads here that price history alone is sufficient to deliver highly accurate predictions with concomitant certain profits, I can say that bitcoin is a sublime follower of technical fashion.

It's a good thing you didn't actually follow your own predictions on bitcoin. With how often you've been completely wrong you'd be dead broke.

You have never been highly accurate, you just champion the times you guess right and ignore all the times you guess wrong.

You're no different than people who claim to be psychic. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

Samson 6th July 2019 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Animus (Post 12746042)
It's a good thing you didn't actually follow your own predictions on bitcoin. With how often you've been completely wrong you'd be dead broke.

You have never been highly accurate, you just champion the times you guess right and ignore all the times you guess wrong.

You're no different than people who claim to be psychic. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

Incorrect.
I have many times listed the specific predictions and actual outcomes on the TA threads, and faithful auditing shows a clearly non random profit profile.
Time and sales was the old way.

Bitcoin is highly predictable with TA, but rat poison fools even rats.

trustbutverify 6th July 2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12746751)
Incorrect.

He was being generous. You may actually be the worst make believe trader in internet forum history.

Quote:

Bitcoin is highly predictable with TA
Not for you it aint.

Samson 8th July 2019 03:20 PM

In fact I said sell at 11717, went as high as 12250 then down to 9614

Since then there have been multiple iterations of the algorithm saying buy it, but my disgust at the entity precludes me saying it.

psionl0 8th July 2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12749080)
In fact I said sell at 11717, went as high as 12250 then down to 9614

ie You failed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12749080)
Since then there have been multiple iterations of the algorithm saying buy it, but my disgust at the entity precludes me saying it.

If you say that there is something immoral about bitcoin then it must be the paragon of virtue.

Only a fool (or somebody with a vested interest) would say that one form of gambling is more moral than another.

lomiller 9th July 2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psionl0 (Post 12742794)
I can't add much to what I said in post #115. NOBODY knows what will happen next and don't let anybody here tell you otherwise.

This is about as harsh a criticism as you can get for a purported “investment”

Samson 11th July 2019 03:50 AM

Bitcoin is poised to meet its doom.
Warren Buffet calls it rat poison and Charlie Munger says of bitcoin I like it a lot less than Warren.
Perfect.
The infinite supply of, say
Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2..................Bitcoin n

Means that Tyler and Cameron Winkelvoss should share the key and bail out.

psionl0 11th July 2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12751752)
The infinite supply of, say
Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2..................Bitcoin n

Do you think that 40 days is long enough for everybody to forget that you tried this crap for the nth time and got your ass handed to you yet again?

Samson 11th July 2019 05:56 AM

Yes

Samson 11th July 2019 01:27 PM

The algo just said go short

11147 last

Mycroft 11th July 2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12752376)
The algo just said go short

11147 last

Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

$11311.70 last.

Samson 11th July 2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft (Post 12752437)
Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

$11311.70 last.

Yes I expect it to fall over the next week, to around 10,000.
If it rallied above 12000 meantime I would call the trade a failure.

psionl0 11th July 2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft (Post 12752437)
Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

It means that Samson is betting on tails.

Samson 16th July 2019 03:48 PM

Libra is being designed with utility as the primary function, allowing instant transfer without cost. Bitcoin is declining accordingly. Libra can "suck the oxygen" from all other cryptos.

Dr.Sid 16th July 2019 04:57 PM

Libra has no speculative potential, and other cryptos are not used for utility all that much. I don't see it.

Samson 16th July 2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid (Post 12756721)
Libra has no speculative potential, and other cryptos are not used for utility all that much. I don't see it.

I watch Blocktv, just google it, goes all the time with very clever speakers.
Way above my paygrade so I listen for the most sensible sounding ideas, and that was one of them.

Think about it, blockchain is a thing, and facebook has 2.5 billion users, many with no access to bank accounts, who look for an easy way to remit or receive money. Bitcoin may have done the heavy lifting establishing protocols, but intrinsic value will be forever out of reach.

jrhowell 16th July 2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid (Post 12756721)
Libra has no speculative potential, and other cryptos are not used for utility all that much. I don't see it.

And a significant portion of the non-speculative utility of bitcoin is in paying ransoms, money laundering, and buying illegal products. I suspect that Libra will be an inferior choice for those purposes. Bitcoin is safe for now.

The_Animus 17th July 2019 10:36 AM

Facebook has had repeated issues with data collection, breaches of privacy, and lying about those things.

Anyone with even half a brain shouldn't trust them with their own currency.

Belz... 17th July 2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12756726)
I watch Blocktv

Sounds slightly biased towards cryptos.

Samson 17th July 2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 12757555)
Sounds slightly biased towards cryptos.

Sort of, maybe more Fox than CNN or CNBC
Still, a subject that is more complex than I thought.

Samson 22nd July 2019 03:45 AM

My last two time stamped predictions have afforded extravagant returns.

Don't mention it.

Sell right now for 8000, 12000 again the giddy limit.

Last 10484

Samson 9th September 2019 12:06 AM

Locked in bear market, expect 6000

10210 last stop 11100

psionl0 9th September 2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12813301)
Locked in bear market, expect 6000

10210 last stop 11100

You don't see the irony of posting this immediately after your July post? (The price never dropped below 9000 and has been sitting comfortably around the 10,000 mark for at least the last 3 months).

Samson 9th September 2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psionl0 (Post 12813314)
You don't see the irony of posting this immediately after your July post? (The price never dropped below 9000 and has been sitting comfortably around the 10,000 mark for at least the last 3 months).

Not at all.
I made a prediction that worked, then one that entailed a far lesser loss.
I have made a new prediction that affords a 5 to 1 win ratio, and I plan to collect.

psionl0 9th September 2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12813442)
I made a prediction that never worked

ftfy.

Samson 10th September 2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psionl0 (Post 12813458)
ftfy.

Blocktv is great.
Bitcoin maximilists, hodlers, fomos, articulate pontificators, art of the chart is a highlight for those with appreciation of humour, fortunately it repeats and repeats, so it need not be a 24 hour addiction.

Samson 11th September 2019 02:00 AM

The great crypto bearmarket is now underway, Winkelvoss twins should liquidate, this is the end of the line, nothing can be sustained by something that is fueled by abject greed.

Dr.Sid 11th September 2019 03:00 AM

Add heavy bass line, and it would make for a nice rap.

Samson 11th September 2019 03:49 AM

Thank you.

Belz... 11th September 2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson (Post 12813442)
Not at all.
I made a prediction that worked

How did it work, exactly?

The Don 11th September 2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 12816224)
How did it work, exactly?

Got some attention on a small forum on the outer edges of the internet ?

ChrisBFRPKY 11th September 2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid (Post 12742758)
Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?

I don't believe most people say every new bubble goes higher than the previous one. I think you are confusing a bubble with an ordinary price increase. There will come a time when BTC peaks above 20K, but when is the unknowable.....

Chris B.

BStrong 11th September 2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft (Post 12752437)
Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

$11311.70 last.

Al told him to Go away.

dudalb 11th September 2019 03:49 PM

Hey, bitcoin is pretty much a cult now for the dumber wing of the Libertarians and Right Wingers in general,

psionl0 11th September 2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 12817128)
Hey, bitcoin is pretty much a cult now for the dumber wing of the Libertarians and Right Wingers in general,

When and how did it become that way?

Roger Ramjets 11th September 2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY (Post 12816955)
I don't believe most people say every new bubble goes higher than the previous one. I think you are confusing a bubble with an ordinary price increase. There will come a time when BTC peaks above 20K, but when is the unknowable.....

Perhaps, but for John Mcafee's sake it needs to go much higher than $20k.

So far it's not looking good...

Bitcoin Price Prediction Tracker


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-19, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.