International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Biden taps Merrik Garlnad as AG nominee (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348831)

ChristianProgressive 7th January 2021 04:01 PM

Biden taps Merrik Garlnad as AG nominee

Poetic justice, says I.

The Atheist 7th January 2021 04:49 PM

I referred to Merrick Garland's selection as the greatest troll ever.

Not sure who this bloke Garlnad is. Any relation to Gnadalf?

Segnosaur 7th January 2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Atheist (Post 13351921)
I referred to Merrick Garland's selection as the greatest troll ever.

Not sure who this bloke Garlnad is. Any relation to Gnadalf?

I think he's just pointing out the set of testicles (i.e. the goNADS in case my joke isn't clear) on Biden and Garland.

RecoveringYuppy 7th January 2021 05:03 PM

Yes, correct name is Merrick Garland. I looked up what he looked like yesterday since I always have an image of Merritt Butrick in my mind when I hear Garland's full name. Had no idea he had been dead for 30+ years.

dudalb 7th January 2021 06:14 PM

Pretty sure that bringing the ringleaders of yesterday's insurrection to justice will be one of his first objectives.
Luckily the idiots in many cases are going make it easy....

Trebuchet 7th January 2021 06:44 PM

So, (rule of), you guys think Mitch the Turtle will allow any of Biden's nominees to be confirmed?
Yeah, I know, GA Dems elected and all that.
It'll be 2022 before they get through all the legal and illegal challenges and actually get seated.

RecoveringYuppy 7th January 2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13352032)
It'll be 2022 before they get through all the legal and illegal challenges and actually get seated.

They'll be seated this month.

acbytesla 7th January 2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

So, (rule of), you guys think Mitch the Turtle will allow any of Biden's nominees to be confirmed?

You really are a half empty kind of guy.

I'll bet you AVATARS Treb that both Warnock and Ossoff will be seated by the end of this month.

dudalb 7th January 2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Now you are being silly.
Mitch just lost most of his power.

Trebuchet 7th January 2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy (Post 13352045)

Yeah, I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 13352055)
You really are a half empty kind of guy.

I'll bet you AVATARS Treb that both Warnock and Ossoff will be seated by the end of this month.

Oh, I'm way emptier than that. I'm 72 years old and have never felt so hopeless about the future of the USA. Biden notwithstanding.

If you're right, and I sincerely hope you are, I'll become a spoonapult. That's the greatest abomination I can think of right now. You can just remain as Tesla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13352056)
Now you are being silly.

Hope so, don't know.

ETA: Hell, if I'm wrong, I'll even convert my onager into a spoonapult and use it at next year's Pumpkin Pitch. If it happens. And I'm about as negative about that.

Ron Obvious 7th January 2021 07:24 PM

Uninspiring bland choice, presumably made for symbolic reasons.

Not impressed.

Stacyhs 7th January 2021 07:51 PM

What I would love to see happen is for one of the conservative SC Justice seats to become vacant and for Biden to nominate Garland for the seat and be confirmed by the Dem controlled Senate. Biden can always find a new Attorney General. Take THAT McConnell and the rest of you hypocritical Republicans.

Segnosaur 7th January 2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13352099)
What I would love to see happen is for one of the conservative SC Justice seats to become vacant and for Biden to nominate Garland for the seat and be confirmed by the Dem controlled Senate. Biden can always find a new Attorney General. Take THAT McConnell and the rest of you hypocritical Republicans.

Nah....

Garland would have been a good judge (don't get me wrong about that... the court needs more swing judges). But Obama picked him because he thought it would be easier to get him confirmed.

If Biden is going to pick anyone, pick someone 1) Much Younger and 2) Much more left-wing.

Perhaps some day the Republicans will be less douchey and the Democrats can pick moderate judges. But as long as the supreme court has Drunky McRapeface and the Stepford Wife on it, the Democrats should be providing balance by picking judges in the Ginsburg mold. (The young Ginsburg... not the one that was at death's door for years.)

ChristianProgressive 8th January 2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13352056)
Now you are being silly.

Tell that to the State Senator in PA who was denied his seat by the State Senate despite the court certifying his election.

There is no depth that the GOP won't sink to in order to retain power. None. They have proven that conclusively.

ETA: Garlnad is a typo. I was, of course, referring to Garland.

The Great Zaganza 8th January 2021 01:47 AM

Garland will have no choice but to prosecute the Punschists, unless Trump gives them a sweeping Pardon.
The safety of anyone in the Biden Administration depends on putting a lid on this anti-democratic violence.

RecoveringYuppy 17th January 2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy (Post 13352045)

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...7-5b8e5343092c

And in other news, Harris leaves her seat on Monday.