International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bill Barr and his October Surprise (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346780)

MinnesotaBrant 26th October 2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 13270449)
It is a lot of money. Risk/reward I suppose. It seems generous, seeing as whoever crafted the policy/legislation could never have imagined that a POTUS would one day threaten the life of a whistleblower.

I read an article on it. They are trying to encourage whistleblowing and seem to be offering 30% for up to 5m. Since whistleblowers are supposedly often harmed by their actions they try to make the award as large as they can. There are also punishments for people who make too many whistleblowing claims who are fishing for large rewards.

Gulliver Foyle 26th October 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13269060)
The video of some woman pleasuring Hunter Biden with her feet while he hits the crack pipe, talks about how good the camera angle is and also videos with his smart phone is obviously a deep fake. ******* Putin!

So much for the argument that all of this was unbelievable nonsense made up by Giuliani.

Where's the sex tape? Like everything else in this story the people pushing it are refusing to release the "evidence" they have.

Look, you can believe whatever lies and bovine excrement you want. But don't try and force them on the rest of us, ok.

MinnesotaBrant 26th October 2020 09:11 AM

I got a link to it in a game I am playing but didn't want a virus so didn't click on the link

Bogative 26th October 2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle (Post 13270497)
Where's the sex tape? Like everything else in this story the people pushing it are refusing to release the "evidence" they have.

Look, you can believe whatever lies and bovine excrement you want. But don't try and force them on the rest of us, ok.


Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.

JoeMorgue 26th October 2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13270664)
Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.

Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.

Stacyhs 26th October 2020 11:08 AM

Who fricking cares about a sex tape with HUNTER BIDEN? JOE Biden is running for president. Jesus H. Christ people.

Elagabalus 26th October 2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13270296)
I can't access the article, but is the NYT's position that there is some compromising information there but Giuliani just shanked its release, or is it that the information itself is likely garbage ?


I found this interesting if you watched the debate.

Quote:

...He (Mr. Bobulinski) appeared the next day in Nashville to attend the debate as Mr. Trump’s surprise guest...

...When Mr. Trump stepped on stage, the president acted as though the details of the emails and the allegations were common knowledge. “You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not,” he told Mr. Biden at some point, a reference to an ambiguous sentence from the documents...

...And if you’d been watching the debate, but hadn’t been obsessively watching Fox News or reading Breitbart, you would have had no idea what Mr. Trump was talking about. The story the Trump team hoped would upend the campaign was fading fast.
Dead before it hit the ground.

Sherkeu 26th October 2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13270676)
Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.

Why do you need to see Hunter's crack/porn videos and photos?
I only had to read the descriptions to know I wouldnt dare click. I dont want that sort of thing taking up space in my brain.
Think of it as 'revenge porn" and possibly involving a minor child and stay away.

It is only the emails and texts (if true) that deserve any discussion and there really arent any smoking guns. In fact, it shows Joe to be a pretty loving dad. So Hunter got lucrative jobs using his connection to his father? Big deal. That has happened since time immemorial. Hunter may have even overplayed his hand without his dads consent. It looks bad but isnt illegal to do it unless there is some 'pay for play' that can be proven directly tied to Joe.

dudalb 26th October 2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13270453)
It's almost funny. It literally reads like FoxNews is mad at other news outlets for treating their smear job as if it where actual news. As if FoxNews is trying to play the "journalistic integrity" card... on people reporting their own bad reporting.

Way,way, way too late for that.
Of course expecting integrity from anything owned by Rupert Murdoch is an act of idiocy.

Bogative 26th October 2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13270676)
Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.


If you really want to see it, pretend for a minute that it's Donald Trump Jr's sex and crack smokin' video you're looking for. I'm sure everyone would be able to muster up what it takes to find it.

Dr. Keith 26th October 2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13267920)
What makes you think that?

You solved it with only a fraction of the information available to the FBI. And yet they've done nothing.

Quote:

There is no clock ticking, the investigation ends when it ends.
No, the investigation is done. Biden will be president in January and he will have the power of a the pardon and presidential immunity. Trump has laid the groundwork for Biden to get away with the crime of the century (as pointed out by your top sleuthing) and the FBI fumbled the ball in the end zone.

Dr. Keith 26th October 2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13267926)
What makes you think there is no action?

Actions make waves. And yet a calmness prevails.

Dr. Keith 26th October 2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma (Post 13267935)
You don't know what conclusions the FBI has or hadn't made.

They've concluded that Rudy is out there on his own.

Dr. Keith 26th October 2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywick (Post 13269417)
imo the longer they keep pushing this instead of talking about something voters might actually care about the better

Indeed. This is the longest own goal in history.


goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . . . (two weeks) . . .ooooool!

Dr. Keith 26th October 2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13270689)
Who fricking cares about a sex tape with HUNTER BIDEN? JOE Biden is running for president. Jesus H. Christ people.

And hasn't Hunter admitted to a drug addiction?

If so, there is likely a ton of video and photographic evidence of him acting like a drug addict. Who is that supposed to be surprising to?

I once played baseball. There are incriminating photos of me in a baseball uniform and even some video of people patting me on the butt after sprinting a relatively short distance when a slow jog would have sufficed. I am not proud of these images and they are the primary reason my father never ran for mayor.

Minoosh 26th October 2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13270453)
It's almost funny. It literally reads like FoxNews is mad at other news outlets for treating their smear job as if it where actual news. As if FoxNews is trying to play the "journalistic integrity" card... on people reporting their own bad reporting.

I watched a video, and that wasn't my takeaway. They were just framing their own backpedaling in a light to look a little more flattering to themselves. It was linked here at 4 a.m. on a Sunday and I don't know when it actually aired but I'd never seen either of these guys before and to me it smacked of ass-covering. Designed to get it on the record that Joe was NOT involved, but without any loss of face for their major weekday talent. Slandering/libeling a public figure is pretty damn hard but rightist news sources have legal departments and some were brushing right up against the line of spreading information maliciously and with a reckless disregard for the truth. Bottom line, Fox News flinched and TPTB ordered up a segment exonerating Joe. It's highly unlikely Joe would have sued, but the network wanted to cover at least the crack of their big hairy behind.

Foggy of the Fogbow 26th October 2020 02:09 PM

I'm not voting for Hunter Biden, I'm not voting for Hillary Clinton, and I'm not voting for Shyamala Gopalan.

Umm, you did know there are Kamala Harris birthers now, right? :D

Venom 26th October 2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 13270869)
And hasn't Hunter admitted to a drug addiction?

If so, there is likely a ton of video and photographic evidence of him acting like a drug addict. Who is that supposed to be surprising to?

I once played baseball. There are incriminating photos of me in a baseball uniform and even some video of people patting me on the butt after sprinting a relatively short distance when a slow jog would have sufficed. I am not proud of these images and they are the primary reason my father never ran for mayor.

It's the best his gang can come up with to try to smear Biden. They know that Trump and his associates have been able to get away with far worse accusations than alleged against Hunter Biden because Republican politicians and voters look the other way. Let's see if this desperate effort makes a difference.

Skeptic Ginger 26th October 2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13270294)
I find all that reassuring, in a way. It makes the whole plot sound slightly less amateurish. Rudy-as-loose-cannon explains a lot.

You wanted the Trump campaign to have managed this fabricated Biden slander well?

Hlafordlaes 26th October 2020 10:33 PM

None of this matters now.

SCOTUS has ruled in favor of vote suppression, largely by ignoring the rational rule test. The USPS is in the hands of a Trump ally. Expect a goodly portion of mailed-in "blue" votes to be tossed out or never counted.

Dictatorship awaits! How nice! We can all look forward to the nice Libertarians and others in favor of irrationality to start filing legal complaints for ISF posters to be arrested. Finally, what they could never win by reasoned argument, they will take by force, like good little White boys. They are true to their historical track record since the 1600s, let's give them that.

Norman Alexander 26th October 2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13270802)
If you really want to see it, pretend for a minute that it's Donald Trump Jr's sex and crack smokin' video you're looking for. I'm sure everyone would be able to muster up what it takes to find it.

And I'm sure you are wrong. Searching for that is as enticing as licking the barnyard effluent off my gumboots.

Bogative 27th October 2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy (Post 13267169)
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.


It's Tuesday and Bobulinski is getting ready to pay up.

Quote:

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson will be dedicating his entire prime time program Tuesday night to a one-hour interview with Biden family whistleblower Tony Bobulinski.


The Federalist confirmed with sources familiar with the plans that Bobulinski, a retired Navy lieutenant and Biden associate, will be airing tapes of Biden operatives begging Bobulinski to remain quiet as former Vice President Joe Biden nears the finish line to the White House next week.

Craig4 27th October 2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13271559)

Yeah, because this would be the first time Tucky there hyped a nothing-burger.

MinnesotaBrant 27th October 2020 07:16 AM

The courts have already confirmed that Tucker Carlson is an entertainer and no reasonable person should believe what he says.

Gulliver Foyle 27th October 2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13270664)
Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.

So you don't have access to a copy of it. Thanks for confirming your lie.

Gulliver Foyle 27th October 2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoosh (Post 13270874)
I watched a video, and that wasn't my takeaway. They were just framing their own backpedaling in a light to look a little more flattering to themselves. It was linked here at 4 a.m. on a Sunday and I don't know when it actually aired but I'd never seen either of these guys before and to me it smacked of ass-covering. Designed to get it on the record that Joe was NOT involved, but without any loss of face for their major weekday talent. Slandering/libeling a public figure is pretty damn hard but rightist news sources have legal departments and some were brushing right up against the line of spreading information maliciously and with a reckless disregard for the truth. Bottom line, Fox News flinched and TPTB ordered up a segment exonerating Joe. It's highly unlikely Joe would have sued, but the network wanted to cover at least the crack of their big hairy behind.

If the ones making the allegations weren't the ones doing the apologising the suit is still open. And I don't mean some nobody sub-editor pulled from the back room, I mean the trolls like Hannity who were actually spewing the bile.

TheL8Elvis 27th October 2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle (Post 13271597)
So you don't have access to a copy of it. Thanks for confirming your lie.

The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.

This is a weird hill to die on.

ETA: I didn't watch it, and I've no idea if it's real. I don't have any reason to believe it's not real. Good thing Hunter isn't running for president, he's made soem bad choices.

Craig4 27th October 2020 08:08 AM

If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?

Modified 27th October 2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13271615)
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?

And probably well over half of the Biden votes.

varwoche 27th October 2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13271615)
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?

If the story is true, they are dimwitted. If the story is false, they are lying sleaze bags. Not mutually exclusive.

JoeMorgue 27th October 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13271615)
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?

Because the scary thought is that Trump isn't trying to win the election, he's setting the stage for what to do after he loses it.

Gulliver Foyle 27th October 2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis (Post 13271607)
The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.

This is a weird hill to die on.

ETA: I didn't watch it, and I've no idea if it's real. I don't have any reason to believe it's not real. Good thing Hunter isn't running for president, he's made soem bad choices.

If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.

wareyin 27th October 2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13271559)

Huh, the conversation you are digging up involved you guys crowing that Bobaganoosh was going to the FBI... apparently to tell them about communications they have supposedly had for almost a year and not found worthy of following up on?

Now, after we discover that White House lawyers were trying to shop Baba ghanoush's story to the Wall Street Journal (who claimed it was a nothing burger after investigating it) we're supposed to be quaking in our boots that Baba ghanoush is going on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour? Apparently the guy whose court defense is that nobody should believe a word he says is the only Fox Noise host left who will try to run with this?

Man, you guys just don't know when to quit, do you?

JoeMorgue 27th October 2020 09:38 AM

Every time anyone shifts the argument into an argument about the argument it is an open admission that they are losing the argument. This is has been true since internet style arguing solidified around tedious, nitpicky point scoring and then leaked into the real world during Trump's rise to power.

5 years down the road unless we find some way to counter it and politics will be no functionally different from Jabba proving he's immortal.

TheL8Elvis 27th October 2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle (Post 13271685)
If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.

To be fair, I didn't want to link directly to the gateway pundit, bc the rules are weirdly enforced here sometimes.

It doesn't really matter if the video is real, as long as the right can use it to gin up outrage.

Elagabalus 27th October 2020 11:05 AM

The Gateway pundit article is weird. It starts out with Trump's fake Russian peepee tape but then shows Hunter Biden hanging out with Russians at his West Hollywood home. How do we know they are Russians. Because someone took a picture of the Russian passport of one of girls (and GP posted it). But she couldn't be a Russian agent because reasons.


I wonder if Bellingcat is interested chasing down the alleged passport.

Bogative 27th October 2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle (Post 13271685)
If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.


This is hilarious. Now that you have been told where to find the video, that could have easily been found by a simple Google search, you dismiss it as fake because of who is hosting it without having watched it!

:dl:

Bogative 27th October 2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis (Post 13271607)
The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.


I doubt if can be bothered to go to the gatewaypundit website, might run into more info there that will shatter his delusions of everything being "fake."

For example, the screenshots of Hunter's text messages where he is crying to daddy and uncle Jim because an adult female in the Biden family won't let Hunter near her teenage daughter because, to quote Hunter:
Quote:

"She she told my therapist that I was sexually inappropriate with [redacted] when she says that I face time naked with her and the reason I can't have her out to see me is because I'll walk around naked ... When she was pressed she said that [redacted] never said anything like that but the bottom line is that I create and caused

"A very unsafe environment for the kids

"If it stopped there I would let it go"

Dr. Keith 27th October 2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13271689)
5 years down the road unless we find some way to counter it and politics will be no functionally different from Jabba proving he's immortal.

To be fair, Jabba has never died.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogative (Post 13271838)
I doubt if can be bothered to go to the gatewaypundit website, might run into more info there that will shatter his delusions of everything being "fake."

For example, the screenshots of Hunter's text messages where he is crying to daddy and uncle Jim because an adult female in the Biden family won't let Hunter near her teenage daughter because, to quote Hunter:

Do you actually read that as an admission by Hunter of bad things rather than Hunter calling out someone making up BS about him? Weird.

Still, just in case you are right, I'm not voting for Hunter.

Dr. Keith 27th October 2020 11:59 AM

Was today the day the FBI confirmed all the cool research done at the beginning of this thread that showed the Biden's committed multiple felonies?

Or, are we sticking with "deep state" and "things take time" for the reasons that "obvious criminals" are not being arrested by an FBI run by their political foe right before an election?

Just trying to get my calendar all cleared up, just in case.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.