International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FBI Warns of Right-Wing Mass Destruction Terrorism (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347132)

SuburbanTurkey 8th October 2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251789)
The ELF was left wing and little better than organized arsonists. the fact they never killed anyone was more luck than intent. They were domestic terrorists by definition, and were funded in part by the ALF and PETA.

Individual right wing gunmen have killed more people than years of total combined attacks by the left. It's quite clear where the most dangerous terrorists come from, and it's from radicalized right.

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251789)
The ELF was left wing and little better than organized arsonists. the fact they never killed anyone was more luck than intent. They were domestic terrorists by definition, and were funded in part by the ALF and PETA.

Not supported by facts or evidence. This, from the Southern Poverty Law Center, suggests the lack of deaths is entirely due to intent:

Quote:

In fact, with dozens of terrorist attacks causing an estimated $30 million in damages since 1997 — the ELF disavows harm to "any animal, human or non-human," and so far, apparently, has not caused any

rockysmith76 8th October 2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13251807)
Not supported by facts or evidence. This, from the Southern Poverty Law Center, suggests the lack of deaths is entirely due to intent:

Biased source either way, They were leftist and they engaged in violent acts of terror regardless, it was due to luck.

JoeMorgue 8th October 2020 11:49 AM

Yeah if you think 2+2=a potato a textbook that says "2+2=4" is a biased source to you.

"Bias" is the most basic bedrock need for living in a post-fact world. Nobody is allowed to tell you that you are wrong because them disagreeing with you makes them "biased."

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251815)
Biased source either way, They were leftist and they engaged in violent acts of terror regardless, it was due to luck.

If 'dozens of terrorist acts' all end in no deaths out of sheer luck, then I want to go to Vegas and gamble with these guys cuz, lord a mighty, they got the luck o' the Irish.

Captain_Swoop 8th October 2020 12:25 PM

Whitmer: "Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

Firestone 8th October 2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13251864)
Whitmer: "Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

Jason Miller (Trump campaign) reacts: "If we want to talk about hatred, then Gov. Whitmer, go look in the mirror! The fact that she wakes up every day with such hatred in her heart towards President Trump"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...684572674?s=19

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13251868)
Jason Miller (Trump campaign) reacts: "If we want to talk about hatred, then Gov. Whitmer, go look in the mirror! The fact that she wakes up every day with such hatred in her heart towards President Trump"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...684572674?s=19

What an idiot. He should remember that old adage "It's better to be suspected a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Hlafordlaes 8th October 2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251815)
Biased source either way, They were leftist and they engaged in violent acts of terror regardless, it was due to luck.

Hardly the same. But let's grant you your point. Now condemn this plan to engage in violent acts of terror and armed sedition against Whitmer in equal terms, adding the severity the "step up" in targets deserves.

Lurch 8th October 2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251815)
Biased source either way, They were leftist and they engaged in violent acts of terror regardless, it was due to luck.

If it was purely down to luck only, then statistics would suggest some accidental killings or maiming.

In the end, though, results count for something. Leftists haven't killed, whereas rightists have.

Which form or terrorism would you prefer? Lefties blessed with the good luck to avoid casualties, or righties that are competent at killing?

dudalb 8th October 2020 01:31 PM

SO terrorism is OK if the left does it?
That seems to be the belief of a lot of people here.

JoeMorgue 8th October 2020 01:32 PM

Even at face value (which we're nowhere near with arguments from Right) "I'm going to be violent to make the world a better place" and "I'm going to be violent to keep the world a worse place" are not morally equal.

And which is Right? Is the Left a bunch of snowflakes who need safe spaces or violent unhinged revolutionaries?

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13251936)
SO terrorism is OK if the left does it?
That seems to be the belief of a lot of people here.

I fail to see how you came to that conclusion based on what's been said here. No one said it's OK. It's certainly not mine.

ETA: Please identify those you think hold that belief.

dudalb 8th October 2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13251945)
I fail to see how you came to that conclusion based on what's been said here. No one said it's OK. It's certainly not mine.

ETA: Please identify those you think hold that belief.

Th eones basically makiing excuses for the ELF. if they hasve not killed somebody iy id putr luvk. That might not be t heir aim, but the methods they use certainly have the high potential of killing people.

jerrywayne 8th October 2020 01:45 PM

Governor Whitmer's statement:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...?ocid=msedgntp

13 members of two militias charged.

jerrywayne 8th October 2020 01:57 PM

More from the governor: Trump complicit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/go...?ocid=msedgdhp

jerrywayne 8th October 2020 02:06 PM

Nancy Pelosi is saying she will talk about the 25th Amendment tomorrow. She's giving fuel to the militia movement, imho.

Captain_Swoop 8th October 2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 13251868)
Jason Miller (Trump campaign) reacts: "If we want to talk about hatred, then Gov. Whitmer, go look in the mirror! The fact that she wakes up every day with such hatred in her heart towards President Trump"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...684572674?s=19

I wonder what inspires people to try and kill her?

johnny karate 8th October 2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 (Post 13251789)
The ELF was left wing and little better than organized arsonists. the fact they never killed anyone was more luck than intent. They were domestic terrorists by definition, and were funded in part by the ALF and PETA.

Yes, ELF would be more dangerous if they were more dangerous. :rolleyes:

It’s like you listened to Pence’s swine flu argument last night and didn’t realize it was moronic.

thaiboxerken 8th October 2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrywayne (Post 13251974)
Nancy Pelosi is saying she will talk about the 25th Amendment tomorrow. She's giving fuel to the militia movement, imho.

Voting Trump out will fuel the militia movement....

This doesn't mean we shouldn't vote the MF out.

johnny karate 8th October 2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrywayne (Post 13251974)
Nancy Pelosi is saying she will talk about the 25th Amendment tomorrow. She's giving fuel to the militia movement, imho.

And they’ve been so well-behaved up until now.

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13251949)
Th eones basically makiing excuses for the ELF. if they hasve not killed somebody iy id putr luvk. That might not be t heir aim, but the methods they use certainly have the high potential of killing people.

I think I see your problem. By stating the fact that no one has been killed in the dozens of act of terrorism enacted by ELF which suggest intent rather than luck, you infer that means we think the acts themselves are OK. Um...no.

Of course their methods have the potential to kill people. But so far they haven't. That is not something you can say about the right wing acts of terrorism.

Stacyhs 8th October 2020 02:21 PM

I think we're at the stage where Trump needs to be assessed by a mental health team whether he agrees to it or not.

Distracted1 8th October 2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13251937)
Even at face value (which we're nowhere near with arguments from Right) "I'm going to be violent to make the world a better place" and "I'm going to be violent to keep the world a worse place" are not morally equal.

And which is Right? Is the Left a bunch of snowflakes who need safe spaces or violent unhinged revolutionaries?

You highlight a reason why many find much to criticize on either end of this spectrum. "being violent" unnecessarily makes the world a worse place all by itself.

JoeMorgue 8th October 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distracted1 (Post 13252000)
You highlight a reason why many find much to criticize on either end of this spectrum. "being violent" unnecessarily makes the world a worse place all by itself.

Oh pishtosh, balderdash, hogwash, and other assorted old timey swear words.

People punching you in the face always want to lecture you about "your" violence whenever you punch them back.

We didn't stop the Nazis by "using our words." Black people didn't stop being property because of a "civil debate among equals."

Distracted1 8th October 2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13252017)
Oh pishtosh, balderdash, hogwash, and other assorted old timey swear words.

People punching you in the face always want to lecture you about "your" violence whenever you punch them back.

We didn't stop the Nazis by "using our words." Black people didn't stop being property because of a "civil debate among equals."

Can't get that government boot off our necks without blowing up a few federal buildings then, I guess.

JoeMorgue 8th October 2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distracted1 (Post 13252021)
Can't get that government boot off our necks without blowing up a few federal buildings then, I guess.

Well tell you what when that happens we'll have a nice, deep conversation about with all the hair splitting and pettifogging and forced obtuseness and false equivalency your little heart desires.

But as it stands now it's the government's boot that has people planning to kidnap and assassination governors in order to protect it so.... *makes scurry off gesture*

Dread Pirate Roberts 8th October 2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13251995)
I think we're at the stage where Trump needs to be assessed by a mental health team whether he agrees to it or not.

From your lips to Pelosi's ears


Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Jamie B. Raskin (D-Md.) plan to introduce legislation Friday that would create a commission to “help ensure effective and uninterrupted leadership” in the presidency.

The panel would be called the Commission on Presidential Capacity to Discharge the Powers and Duties of Office, “the body and process called for in the 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution,” the offices of Pelosi and Raskin said in a statement announcing the move.

The 25th Amendment formalizes that the vice president takes over the duties of the presidency in the event of a president’s death, inability to perform his duties or resignation from office. It also lays out a process by which a sitting president may be removed from office. Congress’s role in this, however, is limited.

Mader Levap 8th October 2020 03:16 PM

This kind of thing will trigger Trump even more, making him say even more unhinged things.

In other words, it's Friday in murica.

Distracted1 8th October 2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13252031)
Well tell you what when that happens we'll have a nice, deep conversation about with all the hair splitting and pettifogging and forced obtuseness and false equivalency your little heart desires.

But as it stands now it's the government's boot that has people planning to kidnap and assassination governors in order to protect it so.... *makes scurry off gesture*

Funny, I consider "Governors" to be part of the government. Something to do with spelling, I suppose.

Captain_Swoop 8th October 2020 04:20 PM

Liberate Michigan! -DJT
Step back and stand By! -DJT
Peaceful transfer of power? "We'll see". -DJT

jerrywayne 8th October 2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13251985)
Voting Trump out will fuel the militia movement....

This doesn't mean we shouldn't vote the MF out.

A Biden win shouldn't set fire to militias since it would be legitimate (unless Trump manages to convince them otherwise). On the other hand, Dems talking about the 25th Amendment stokes the fire because it would be viewed as a naked coup. Any 25th Amendment remedy would have to come initially from Republicans, and that ain't going to happen. (Although, I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Trump is acting especially erratic right now, with talk of cancelling stimulus, then offering stimulus, talk of bringing the troops home from Afghanistan before Christmas, to the surprise of Pentagon brass and the delight of the Taliban, talk of cancelling the next debate, etc.).

Trebuchet 8th October 2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrywayne (Post 13252097)
A Biden win shouldn't set fire to militias since it would be legitimate (unless Trump manages to convince them otherwise).

Trump has ALREADY convinced them otherwise. You clearly have not been paying attention.

Hlafordlaes 9th October 2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distracted1 (Post 13252044)
Funny, I consider "Governors" to be part of the government. Something to do with spelling, I suppose.

Funny! I know funny, too! Last time I was anywhere close to a gun-totting Yank (at a large picnic; he was only proud gunboy there, as nationwide insanity was at an ebb at the time of the Bicentennial), I made absolutely sure he thought I was his best friend at the party, if not the world, stayed by him the entire time, and had a crushing blow to his windpipe ready for split-second release. Didn't need no popgun to keep that weakling coward in check. What was he afraid off, hot dogs showing up his deep inadequacies?

One other source of entertainment was when I forced 30 uniformed Nazis back off my bus. Folks cheered back then; nowadays passengers would probably get up and knife me. Anyway, this scene is eerily reminiscent, if overboard.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Hlafordlaes 9th October 2020 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrywayne (Post 13252097)
A Biden win shouldn't set fire to militias since it would be legitimate (unless Trump manages to convince them otherwise). On the other hand, Dems talking about the 25th Amendment stokes the fire because it would be viewed as a naked coup. Any 25th Amendment remedy would have to come initially from Republicans, and that ain't going to happen. (Although, I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Trump is acting especially erratic right now, with talk of cancelling stimulus, then offering stimulus, talk of bringing the troops home from Afghanistan before Christmas, to the surprise of Pentagon brass and the delight of the Taliban, talk of cancelling the next debate, etc.).

False equivalence out the ying-yang, bro.

Craig4 10th October 2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mader Levap (Post 13252043)
This kind of thing will trigger Trump even more, making him say even more unhinged things.

In other words, it's Friday in murica.

I expect that's what she has in mind. The more unhinged he becomes, the better Biden is doing in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Arizona. Biden's upward trajectory is averaging and .5ish points a day in Florida since Trump came back from the hospital.

Craig4 10th October 2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13251977)
I wonder what inspires people to try and kill her?

She tried to save lives by following medical advice during a pandemic. It seems people took offense.

Disbelief 12th October 2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13251977)
I wonder what inspires people to try and kill her?

For one of them, he grew up surrounded by the right wing ideology and a bit of a nutter for a dad. I know this, because the family lived down the street from me and my kids played with him for a short time. We said he'd be trouble and my wife said he'd end up in jail, but didn't think it would be this extreme.

Stacyhs 12th October 2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disbelief (Post 13255232)
For one of them, he grew up surrounded by the right wing ideology and a bit of a nutter for a dad. I know this, because the family lived down the street from me and my kids played with him for a short time. We said he'd be trouble and my wife said he'd end up in jail, but didn't think it would be this extreme.

Trump supporters?

Disbelief 13th October 2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13255404)
Trump supporters?

It's been a few years so I can't say conclusively Trump, but most definitely right wing.

Foster Zygote 13th October 2020 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13252158)
Trump has ALREADY convinced them otherwise. You clearly have not been paying attention.

He's been strenuously preemptively sowing the idea that any Trump election loss will be the result of a left-wing conspiracy for months. It makes me wonder if it was his idea or if it originated with his hangers-on. Not that it would be a hard sell to convince him to set up a lie early so he wouldn't look so transparently like a sore loser (which, of course, he always has been) in the event of a loss. But his ability to anticipate and plan for future consequences seems to be about on par with a nine-month-old German shepherd gleefully shredding the crap out of a leather sofa while his owners are out shopping.

Stacyhs 13th October 2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote (Post 13256031)
He's been strenuously preemptively sowing the idea that any Trump election loss will be the result of a left-wing conspiracy for months. It makes me wonder if it was his idea or if it originated with his hangers-on. Not that it would be a hard sell to convince him to set up a lie early so he wouldn't look so transparently like a sore loser (which, of course, he always has been) in the event of a loss. But his ability to anticipate and plan for future consequences seems to be about on par with a nine-month-old German shepherd gleefully shredding the crap out of a leather sofa while his owners are out shopping.

I agree; Trump lives in the moment.

Don't remind me.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...63f406675d.jpg

fishbob 13th October 2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13251936)
SO terrorism is OK if the left does it?
That seems to be the belief of a lot of people here.

Terrorism involves people being killed. It's called vandalism when there is property damage but nobody is hurt.

Captain_Swoop 17th October 2020 11:06 AM

More right wing terrorism.

Wichita man arrested for threatening to kidnap, kill mayor over mask mandate

Quote:

Wichita man arrested for threatening to kidnap, kill mayor over mask mandate© City of Wichita Wichita man arrested for threatening to kidnap, kill mayor over mask mandate
A 59-year-old man was arrested on Friday for allegedly threatening to kidnap and kill Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple (D) over the city's mask mandate.

Meredith Dowty, a retired Wichita firefighter, was booked into Sedgwick County Jail on Friday with the charge of criminal threat.

Wichita Police confirmed in a statement that investigators were alerted to "threatening statements" directed at Whipple, leading to Dowty's arrest. The investigation is still ongoing.

Whipple told The Wichita Eagle that he has been made aware of text messages sent to another city official asking about the mayor's address. He said he read the detailed threat against him.

"He said he was going to kidnap me and slash my throat and he needed my address because I needed to see the hangman - me and everyone who, something about tyranny," Whipple said.

The mayor said "this wasn't just some guy popping off on social media."

"He contacted someone that knows where I live that apparently he thought would give him my address," Whipple told the outlet.

The suspect reportedly stated in the text messages that he was opposed to "masks and tyranny," according to Whipple.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te/ar-BB1a7UE9

Stacyhs 17th October 2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13260780)
More right wing terrorism.

Wichita man arrested for threatening to kidnap, kill mayor over mask mandate



https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te/ar-BB1a7UE9

Lock him up! Lock him up!

SuburbanTurkey 19th October 2020 04:09 AM

Right wing extremists doing what they always do, alienating cops that might normally be their ideological allies through hare-brained plots to attack the state.

At least the cops still have the Proud Boys. All you have to do as a conservative extremist is drop all pretensions of libertarian foolishness and go full fascist and the cops will love you.

Stacyhs 23rd October 2020 02:33 PM

Not that right wing militants infiltrated BLM protests to incite and carry out violence....
Quote:

'Boogaloo Bois' member charged in attack on Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protests

A self-described member of the 'Boogaloo Bois' has been charged with participating in a riot after he allegedly shot 13 rounds from an AK-47 style assault rifle into a Minneapolis Police Department building during the civil unrest following the death of George Floyd in late May.

Ivan Hunter, 26, is accused of traveling from Texas to Minneapolis to meet up with other members of the 'Boogaloo Bois' with the goal of carrying out acts of violence during the riots.
Quote:

Federal investigators said they reviewed video of Hunter firing rounds with his AK-47 style assault rifle into the Third Precinct building while looters were still inside and that he also helped assist them in setting the building on fire.

According to an FBI affidavit, after shooting into the building Hunter hi-fived another individual and while walking towards the camera yelled, "Justice for Floyd!"

The affidavit additionally states that Hunter was pinned as the shooter by an unidentified cooperating defendant.

Hunter is the third 'Boogaloo Bois' member to face federal charges for his role in the Minneapolis riots, along with Michael Solomon and Benjamin Teeter -- who were previously indicted on charges of conspiracy to provide material support for a foreign terrorist organization. All three were communicating and coordinating their movements regularly through the night of the riots, according to the FBI affidavit.

MORE: Feds charge 3 self-identified 'boogaloo' adherents plotting violence at Black Lives Matter protest

During the course of the FBI's investigation of Hunter they additionally found he was connected to Boogaloo Bois member Steven Carillo who has been separately charged in the murder of a Federal Protective Officer in Oakland, California.

Craig4 1st November 2020 05:21 PM

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ridge/2699128/

I guess we can expect a lot of this when Trump loses. He'll declare victory but won't actually win and we can probably expect a lot of this.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.