International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   2020 United States presidential election - Conspiracy theories, alleged fraud, etc (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347781)

BazBear 3rd January 2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sts60 (Post 13345334)
Trump tried to get Raffenberger to change the vote so that he would win. He literally tried to discard the vote to reinstall himself as president.

He and his accomplices in Congress are engaged in an ongoing conspiracy to overthrow American democracy.

I'm amazed he asked the SoS for anything, the way he has attacked him on Twitter. What a moron.

eerok 3rd January 2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13345504)
Trump might be too incompetent to commit a crime.

It's amazing that such a thing could be said of a POTUS ... and for it to be such a reasonable speculation. In general, Trump knows how to lie, cheat, and steal, but in this case he's just fumbling around like an idiot.

Strange days.

DevilsAdvocate 3rd January 2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13345504)
I'm not sure that Trump specifically asked the Governor to do anything in violation of his official duties. The Governor could announce that he did a recalculation, which would mean diddly because the Governor doesn't do the calculation. Although it could be construed that Trump meant for the Governor to "announce" that in some official capacity such as on a certificate of electors, which would be a felony.

Trump is such a bumblestump that he doesn't even know what crime he wants the Governor to commit or even apparently what the Governor can and can't do or how an election works. Trump might be too incompetent to commit a crime.

But his intention seems clear that he wanted the Governor to do...something...illegal and I would not be surprised if he was convicted of soliciting...something.

Wait. This is the Secretary of State. That's a bit different. The Secretary is responsible for tabulation and can issue corrections on certificates.

This is probably a felony.

jrhowell 3rd January 2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BazBear (Post 13345531)
I'm amazed he asked the SoS for anything, the way he has attacked him on Twitter. What a moron.

It was a rare chance to listen to Trump’s famous negotiation tactics. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many deals he has gotten others to agree with just to get him to shut up.

Norman Alexander 3rd January 2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhowell (Post 13345585)
It was a rare chance to listen to Trump’s famous negotiation tactics. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many deals he has gotten others to agree with just to get him to shut up.

I can imagine some Trump rally attendees thinking along the same lines: God, PLEEEEASE let him shut up, so we can all go home now and not get COVID!

Craig4 3rd January 2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BazBear (Post 13345521)
I'll bet you're an expert about "Ho"s.

It's an odd complaint considering Trump in all likelihood paid to watch prostitutes pee on themselves. Is a well educated, legal professional or a nude model more deserving of the title "Ho"?

jsfisher 3rd January 2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13345576)
Wait. This is the Secretary of State. That's a bit different. The Secretary is responsible for tabulation and can issue corrections on certificates.

A state felony at that.

heymatto70 3rd January 2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfisher (Post 13345606)
A state felony at that.

Which means, even if he did issue himself a pardon (or Pence in a stupid midnight resignation), it wouldn't count against this right?

jsfisher 3rd January 2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heymatto70 (Post 13345612)
Which means, even if he did issue himself a pardon (or Pence in a stupid midnight resignation), it wouldn't count against this right?

Exactly. But don't get you hopes up; I doubt the State of Georgia would prosecute.

heymatto70 3rd January 2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfisher (Post 13345706)
Exactly. But don't get you hopes up; I doubt the State of Georgia would prosecute.

My hopes have never been lower.

eerok 3rd January 2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heymatto70 (Post 13345718)
My hopes have never been lower.

I'm feeling okay myself. The stupider Trump gets as he flails toward his logical conclusion, the more likely he'll be held to account eventually. He's making a lot of people angry, and they're taking notes on everything. It won't be an immediate thing, but I suspect it'll be an inevitable thing.

Athyrio 3rd January 2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhowell (Post 13345585)

Good one. Never thought of it that way.

With that little hint of a possible legal charge, I sometimes wonder if he possesses or tries to make others think he does possess a J. Edgar Hoover style video library.

Bubba 3rd January 2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13345738)
I'm feeling okay myself. The stupider Trump gets as he flails toward his logical conclusion, the more likely he'll be held to account eventually. He's making a lot of people angry, and they're taking notes on everything. It won't be an immediate thing, but I suspect it'll be an inevitable thing.

You aint seen nothing yet.

Wednesday

DevilsAdvocate 3rd January 2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfisher (Post 13345706)

After listening to the whole call I don't think there was anything criminal. I thought the four minute clip was a clip from the call. It is actually an assembly of pieces of the call put together.

In context, Trump was just asking Raffensperger to review any one of the many issues he raised that he believed would prove that the got enough votes to win. He wanted Raffensperger to "find" the number of votes he needed through a review of his choice of any of those issues. He wasn't asking Raffensperger to just make up numbers.

eerok 3rd January 2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13345811)

Wednesday

On Wednesday Biden's win will be formalized. Trump no longer matters, though upcoming legal actions against him should be entertaining.

Bubba 3rd January 2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerok (Post 13345817)
On Wednesday Biden's win will be formalized. Trump no longer matters, though upcoming legal actions against him should be entertaining.

The echo chamber you're in is rigged against you. Biden's goose is cooked

kookbreaker 3rd January 2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13345819)

Krusty is coming.

eerok 3rd January 2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Reality is coming. Don't freak out.

Resume 3rd January 2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Gulled again!!

Resume 3rd January 2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Wednesday

What's coming?

The Storm? (snicker)

Tribunals? (guffaw)

Gitmo? (bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

Gulled continuously over and over and OVAH!

heymatto70 3rd January 2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Wednesday

I feel like there should be a good BTO joke to make here, but sadly my heart isn't in it.

trustbutverify 3rd January 2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Nope.

Athyrio 3rd January 2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heymatto70 (Post 13345859)
I feel like there should be a good BTO joke to make here, but sadly my heart isn't in it.

How's about Gimme Your Money Please?

BazBear 3rd January 2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Here's your Kraken hacker, Bubba!

From the GA Secretary of State's website.

GEORGIA SENATE MASQUERADES FAILED TREASURE HUNTER AS HACKER AND ELECTION SECURITY EXPERT

The complete text in the spoiler.

(ATLANTA)-Yesterday, during a Georgia State Senate hearing, failed treasure hunter, J. Hutton Pulitzer, or Commander Pulitzer (no record of military experience), claimed that he had “hacked” Georgia’s voting system. The treasure hunter provided no evidence during the Senate hearing that he had done so, only claiming it had happened.

“Fake news is hard enough to combat when mainstream media outlets push it out, but when a small cadre of Georgia legislators do it, it’s a whole different story,” said Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. “These legislators need to stop calling their own reelections illegitimate and focus on getting out the vote for the January 5 elections. The mistrust they are sowing is depressing turnout. If Senators Loeffler and Perdue lose on January 5, the Georgia state legislators have only themselves to blame.”

In another election disinformation filled hearing, a small group of Republicans in the Georgia State Senate featured the claims of failed inventor and failed treasure hunter J. Hutton Pulitzer as a star witness. In his presentation, Hutton Pulitzer, formerly J. Jovan Philylaw, claimed without providing any evidence that he had “hacked” a poll pad. He then went on to claim that meant that the entire voting system was compromised even though the poll pad, like the poll books which they have replaced, are never connected to the rest of the voting system.

Hutton Pulitzer was the inventor of CueCat, a cat shaped device that, when connected to the computer, allowed users to scan barcodes on ads that would bring up the website where they could purchase the advertised product. The device attracted $185 million in investment before becoming “an anathema of the tech industry and a cautionary tale for investors.” In 2006, is was listed as one of the “25 worst tech products of all time” by PC World magazine.

Hutton Pulitzer later became a treasure hunter, searching unsuccessfully for the Ark of the Covenant and later claiming that a sword, that was likely a fake, not only had “‘magical’ magnetic properties” but was also a sign that ancient Romans had visited North America by 200 A.D.

His published work is comprised largely of “Commanders Lost Treasures” books, a separate one for many states in the U.S., and includes “How to Cut Off Your Arm and Eat Your Dog.”

Despite Hutton’s claims, the Poll Pads are the only piece of election infrastructure that is ever hooked up to the internet or connected to devices that are hooked up to the internet. The poll pads have that capability so election workers can download updated voter lists to the poll pads that are used to check people in on Election Day. However, the Wifi capability is disabled before the poll pads are put in to use at the polling place.

Additionally, the touch screen interfaces and attached printers are never attached to the poll pads and are air-gapped so they cannot be connected to the internet. Finally, the scanners, which scan and tabulate the printed paper ballots that voters can review before casting, are not connected to any of the other equipment at any point either.

In a statement, poll pad creator KnowInk said: “The assertions made about unauthorized access to our systems are patently false. The man claiming that someone ‘got into’ our systems did not happen according to our forensic analysis. There was no ‘hack,’ there was no ‘back door’ entry, there was no ‘pump and dump,’ and there was no access through a ‘thermostat’ located hundreds of miles away in Savannah.”

Georgia is recognized as a national leader in elections. It was the first state in the country to implement the trifecta of automatic voter registration, at least 16 days of early voting (which has been called the “gold standard”), and no-excuse absentee voting. Georgia continues to set records for voter turnout and election participation, seeing the largest increase in average turnout of any other state in the 2018 midterm election and record turnout in 2020, with over 1.3 million absentee by mail voters and over 3.6 million in-person voters utilizing Georgia’s new, secure, paper ballot voting system.

###

Bubba 3rd January 2021 08:39 PM

One of the paths remaining

Note the long term military grade plannning, and hardcore former military people Trump recently put in place in DOD and DOJ.

Listen to their bios, quotes, and specialties. Military prosecution/judging, counter terrorism, sex trafficking... The team is shaping up nicely.

Remember who in DC was connected to the Seagram's connected sex cult guy who got 120 years for trafficking?

Dont forget that Sept 2018 E.O. 13848 imposing sanctions in the event of foreign interference in our elections. It calls for (regarding foreign election interference), "remedial (undefined) actions to be taken"...Then the DNI guy atop 17 intelligence agencies announces confirmation that Russia, Iran, & China interfered. Coincidence? Too Bad for Biden.

E.O. 13848's wording allows the Executive to prosecute election fraud as he sees fit. Forget about your Little Girl Sniffer.

Trump began preparations for prosecuting this stolen election years ago. How many steps ahead was that? He is staying put. Get used to it.

The several recent Exec Orders (since Sept 2020 ) expand and strengthen 13848.

The several judges didnt let him down. They only exposed their nature, (for future reference) paving the way and justifying what will come, on schedule, unless congress does the right thing this week.

trustbutverify 3rd January 2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13345902)
Note the long term military grade plannning, and hardcore former military people Trump recently put in place in DOD and DOJ.

Listen to their bios, quotes, and specialties. Military prosecution/judging, counter terrorism, sex trafficking... The team is shaping up nicely.

Remember who in DC was connected to the Seagram's connected sex cult guy who got 120 years for trafficking?

Dont forget that Sept 2018 E.O. 13848 imposing sanctions in the event of foreign interference in our elections. It calls for (regarding foreign election interference), "remedial (undefined) actions to be taken"...Then the DNI guy atop 17 intelligence agencies announces confirmation that Russia, Iran, & China interfered. Coincidence? Too Bad for Biden.

E.O. 13848's wording allows the Executive to prosecute election fraud as he sees fit. Forget about your Little Girl Sniffer.

Trump began preparations for prosecuting this stolen election years ago. How many steps ahead was that? He is staying put. Get used to it.

The several judges didnt let him down. They only exposed their nature, paving the way and justifying what will come, on schedule, unless congress does the right thing this week.

Nope.

DevilsAdvocate 3rd January 2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BazBear (Post 13345890)
Here's your Kraken hacker, Bubba!

From the GA Secretary of State's website.

GEORGIA SENATE MASQUERADES FAILED TREASURE HUNTER AS HACKER AND ELECTION SECURITY EXPERT

The complete text in the spoiler.

KnowInk is gonna sue him for every 27˘ he is worth!

Resume 3rd January 2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

The several judges didnt let him down. They only exposed their nature, (for future reference) paving the way and justifying what will come, on schedule, unless congress does the right thing this week.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Nope.

BTW: From where did you lift this idiocy Bubba?

JayUtah 3rd January 2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate (Post 13345576)

The only relevant part of the Georgia criminal code that I could find charges it as a misdemeanor.

But as you note in a later post, after reading the entire transcript I'm not sure there would be anything chargeable in the call. The President clearly believes it is within the Secretary of State's official duty to "find the votes" he is asking for. While he does accuse Sec. Raffensperger of criminal action in allegedly allowing the destruction of ballots, etc., there doesn't seem to be any threat of prosecution unless the Secretary does what Trump asks.

Resume 3rd January 2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayUtah (Post 13345918)
The only relevant part of the Georgia criminal code that I could find charges it as a misdemeanor.

But as you note in a later post, after reading the entire transcript I'm not sure there would be anything chargeable in the call. The President clearly believes it is within the Secretary of State's official duty to "find the votes" he is asking for. While he does accuse Sec. Raffensperger of criminal action in allegedly allowing the destruction of ballots, etc., there doesn't seem to be any threat of prosecution unless the Secretary does what Trump asks.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

OLBERMANN VS. TRUMP #46: HE MADE HIS PERFECT PHONE CALL: IT'S NOT A SMOKING GUN. IT'S A FLAMETHROWER

What do you think?

ETA: Of the legal stuff?

Matthew Ellard 3rd January 2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

List them. You can't, as you made this up.

"There's no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election. Zero. There is no role there."
General Mark Milley / Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

:big:

TellyKNeasuss 3rd January 2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

"Too bad for Biden"? Please explain.

Quote:

Huh? EO 13848 covers foreign individuals and governments. Biden is a US citizen, which by definition means that he is not a foreign citizen.

Quote:

"Stolen election"? Please present proof that the election was stolen (you've been promising such evidence "any day now" for the last 6 weeks).

Matthew Ellard 3rd January 2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Note the long term military grade plannning, and hardcore former military people Trump recently put in place in DOD and DOJ..........The several recent Exec Orders (since Sept 2020 ) expand and strengthen 13848. .

Executive order 13848 is about economic sanctions and not the military Bubba. You still haven't read 13848 remember?
:wink8:

CaptainHowdy 3rd January 2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak (Post 13345161)
Is that what the highlighted part is about? I did wonder what that meant.

Not familiar with her past? Not surprising

Norman Alexander 3rd January 2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Question: The wording "find the votes" can be taken two ways.

1) "Find the votes" as in "locate where some of them have somehow been misplaced". This assumes that somehow not all the ballots have been collected and counted, an accidental oversight. The winning ballots somehow fell down the back of the couch, or are hidden under a rock somewhere. That is, it's a hilariously impotent Trumpy whine session.

2) "Find the votes" as in a mafia-style command to an underling: rig the paperwork or something to create more votes so the counts come out different to those certified with Trump magically winning. That is, cheat like there is no tomorrow. This assumes the original count is good, and so Trump expects these officials he is trying to threaten to magic up some winning votes for him, on pain of busting their political careers if they do not. Just make it happen or else Diaper Don will be very angry, if you know what's good for you, etc.

Given Trump's modus operandi and how the rest of the call went, I am seeing the second interpretation as much more applicable. What I heard was Mafiosa Don is "advising" one of his apparent hit-men to cheat the election results to make Don happy. Otherwise the hit-men will not be looked on favorably by the rest of the GOP "family". It's a threat, a palpable and obvious and severe threat to behave illegally, no matter that there are no clear statements as such. People who prosecute real mafiosi, such as Mueller, will recognise this type of standover behaviour instantly.

So in that light, perhaps this might have far more legal seriousness than reading it just as another impotent Trumpy whine session.

sts60 3rd January 2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

It sounds like a crime to me, though I’m no lawyer. At least some lawyers believe it could be prosecuted as at least a state crime:

GA Code § 21-2-604 (2016)
"A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct."

In any common-sense use of the term, Trump solicited the Georgia SoS to commit election fraud on his behalf. Whether it meets the strict legal definition is beyond my expertise. Someone suggested a insanity defense is Trump’s best bet; I think that if there’s such a thing as a stupidity defense, he’s certainly got plenty of material (e.g., his own SecState calling him a “f’ing moron”).

But really, he just tried to overturn democracy, with the help of his lawyer and Chief of Staff. Every one of them is morally treasonable - vile, depraved, un-American.

gnome 3rd January 2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Mattis will make his move any day now.

Hans 3rd January 2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Bubba are you actually trying to say you believe that pile of screwy pasta you're posting? Really, LOL

Norman Alexander 3rd January 2021 11:09 PM

Did Bubba really write that? I stand by my original assertion he is trying out some sort of sci-fi movie script on us.

Hans 3rd January 2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13345970)
Did Bubba really write that? I stand by my original assertion he is trying out some sort of sci-fi movie script on us.

Maybe he's trying to see just how much crazy he can post before everyone just ignores the equivalent of naked fellow with the stuffed turkey on his head...