International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Non-USA & General Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   General UK politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346868)

The Don 6th May 2021 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmate (Post 13472646)
Is your "Freedom Alliance" like ours? A bunch of anti-mask, anti-lockdown kooks?

Looks like it:

Quote:

Anti-lockdown party Freedom Alliance has said it stands for "freedom of speech, freedom of movement, freedom to open up your business".

The party's Steve Phillips said there should be "no coercion in relation to things like vaccinations, and also informed choice" about the jabs.

Freedom Alliance disputes how many lives have been saved by lockdowns and wants to scrap face covering rules.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56942622

Carrot Flower King 6th May 2021 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmate (Post 13472648)
Spencer Perceval?

We can but hope...

The Don 6th May 2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King (Post 13472651)
We can but hope...

I know that's said in jest but that would be absolutely the worst thing to happen IMO.

I think there'd be an enormous wave of sympathy which would last for at least one election cycle, the assassination of a Prime Minister would be the catalyst for yet another round of losses of civil liberties and any opposition to any of this or the Conservative government would be portrayed as acts of terrorism.

Parsman 6th May 2021 04:20 AM

Went and voted this morning (in Scotland) in the local community hall. On my bus ride to work passed another polling place 5 - 10 minutes walk from the one where I voted. No queue, in and out in 5 minutes though my colleague at work said she was delayed maybe 10 minutes because you had to use a specific booth, you couldn't just go up to a free one. That is about the longest delay I ever heard of in an election here.

Archie Gemmill Goal 6th May 2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Thane Athen (Post 13472609)
Regardless of my view of candidates, or British politics in general, I always turn out to vote even if I spoil my paper.

Not looking to start an argument or any one-upmanship, just stating my position (and I understand the temptation to be apathetic especially with FPTP).

Always end up having this conversation around election times but I don't believe spoiling my paper has any effect or is worth the petrol to get to the polling station. normally I vote Green as a protest but there is no Green candidate this time apparently as I checked this morning.

I'd be tempted to go and vote least bad option but i've had other things on my plate and haven't looked at the candidates or issues so wouldn't want to just vote at random.

Plus the Tory will win. :(

ETA: Much more interested in what happens in Scotland today anyway.

zooterkin 6th May 2021 04:59 AM

We went and voted this morning; we had a slightly longer walk than usual since the polling station was in the CoE church hall at the end of the road rather than the Evangelical Church halfway along where it usually is (I've no idea why the change, maybe it wasn't possible to have a safe flow through the latter). We had to queue outside for about 5 minutes.

angrysoba 6th May 2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13472654)
I know that's said in jest but that would be absolutely the worst thing to happen IMO.

I think there'd be an enormous wave of sympathy which would last for at least one election cycle, the assassination of a Prime Minister would be the catalyst for yet another round of losses of civil liberties and any opposition to any of this or the Conservative government would be portrayed as acts of terrorism.

Yeah, but if one day an assassin came to the door of Number 10, when he pulls out his gun he should at least say, "Let me redecorate your apartment!"

Ethan Thane Athen 6th May 2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Gemmill Goal (Post 13472699)
Always end up having this conversation around election times but I don't believe spoiling my paper has any effect or is worth the petrol to get to the polling station. normally I vote Green as a protest but there is no Green candidate this time apparently as I checked this morning.

I'd be tempted to go and vote least bad option but i've had other things on my plate and haven't looked at the candidates or issues so wouldn't want to just vote at random.

Plus the Tory will win. :(

ETA: Much more interested in what happens in Scotland today anyway.

I get that. No Green candidate is surprising. Round here they are asking us to use our second vote for them as they believe that gives them the best chance of seats.

I'm not a huge fan of Drakeford but he at least seemed to be trying to follow the science and, whilst I disagree with some actions (******* nail bars before gyms FFS!) overall he didn't seem to do too bad a job. So probably Labour and Green...will have a final check before walking the couple of hundred yards to the nearest polling station, where they will be little to no queue and everyone will be really friendly... C'mon USA, sort your **** out - this isn't hard.

Oh, on the protest vote / spoiling your paper, we got to vote 'Vampire Hunter' one year...which was....special...

Carrot Flower King 6th May 2021 06:40 AM

And the Tory candidate in our ward can't even spell the name of it correctly (mis-spelling it in 2 different ways) on a leaflet that no-one could be bothered to deliver to our village (reported in local press).

Like I said before, a piss poor reflection on local politics.

Pixel42 6th May 2021 08:46 AM

I've had half a dozen leaflets from the Liberal candidate, nothing from the Tory. They're obviously so sure they're going to win that they don't even need to bother. The annoying thing is, they're almost certainly right. :(

Carrot Flower King 6th May 2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13472654)
I know that's said in jest but that would be absolutely the worst thing to happen IMO.

I think there'd be an enormous wave of sympathy which would last for at least one election cycle, the assassination of a Prime Minister would be the catalyst for yet another round of losses of civil liberties and any opposition to any of this or the Conservative government would be portrayed as acts of terrorism.

Yeah. I do believe you're right there.

My preferred fate for Johnson would be something like solitary confinement somewhere like St Helena with only an audio book of George Galloway's autobiography (is there such a thing?) read by Galloway himself for entertainment, so that he'e essentially left with the sound of the emptiness of the inside of his skull...

ETA Carrot Flower Queen has just suggested that Cameron's autobiography being read by Cameron might be better: wadda y'think?

jimbob 6th May 2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King (Post 13472644)
******* great!

Having tired of his Churchillian fantasies, Johnson is now having wet dreams about being Palmerston. Is he going to go full on Napoloeonic Wars and go into Pitt the Younger drag? Or make out he's the Earl of Liverpool?

Don't forget Robert Walpole - renowned for being corrupt.

The Don 6th May 2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King (Post 13472886)
Yeah. I do believe you're right there.

My preferred fate for Johnson would be something like solitary confinement somewhere like St Helena with only an audio book of George Galloway's autobiography (is there such a thing?) read by Galloway himself for entertainment, so that he'e essentially left with the sound of the emptiness of the inside of his skull...

ETA Carrot Flower Queen has just suggested that Cameron's autobiography being read by Cameron might be better: wadda y'think?

I'd go with Carrot Flower Queen's suggestion with a 24/7 screening of George Galloway's appearance on Celebrity Big Brother on several screens in every room.

Andy_Ross 6th May 2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King (Post 13472886)
Yeah. I do believe you're right there.

My preferred fate for Johnson would be something like solitary confinement somewhere like St Helena with only an audio book of George Galloway's autobiography (is there such a thing?) read by Galloway himself for entertainment, so that he'e essentially left with the sound of the emptiness of the inside of his skull...

ETA Carrot Flower Queen has just suggested that Cameron's autobiography being read by Cameron might be better: wadda y'think?

Make him live in Hartlepool.
He was keen to visit a few days ago to browbeat the locals.

Lothian 6th May 2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13472909)
Make him live in Hartlepool.
He was keen to visit a few days ago to browbeat the locals.

Now I am one of Johnson's hardest critics and wish him ill but Hartlepool. I don't think he deserves anything as harsh as that.

Matthew Best 7th May 2021 06:15 AM

I took my daughter (who's 10) with me so she could see what voting was all about. She walked straight up to the person on the door checking our address and announced "I'm here to watch my dad vote and LEARN ABOUT DEMOCRACY!". He was very attentive (her autism makes her difficult to understand sometimes) and told her she was very welcome. She then gave the same speech to the ladies handing me my voting papers (I had four). She accompanied me to the voting booth and watched me stick crosses next to Labour four times. I had a spare vote for London Mayor (you get a first and second preference in that election) and she asked me to give that one to the Women's Equality Party as she liked their name, though she was also drawn to the name "Count Binface". I confess I was also tempted to give him my second vote just to make sure he beats Laurence Fox, but I acceded to her initial request.

There was no queue and we were in and out inside five minutes.

catsmate 7th May 2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Best (Post 13473650)
I took my daughter (who's 10) with me so she could see what voting was all about. She walked straight up to the person on the door checking our address and announced "I'm here to watch my dad vote and LEARN ABOUT DEMOCRACY!". He was very attentive (her autism makes her difficult to understand sometimes) and told her she was very welcome. She then gave the same speech to the ladies handing me my voting papers (I had four). She accompanied me to the voting booth and watched me stick crosses next to Labour four times. I had a spare vote for London Mayor (you get a first and second preference in that election) and she asked me to give that one to the Women's Equality Party as she liked their name, though she was also drawn to the name "Count Binface". I confess I was also tempted to give him my second vote just to make sure he beats Laurence Fox, but I acceded to her initial request.

There was no queue and we were in and out inside five minutes.

Damnit, a young supporter lost for the Count....
:(

Archie Gemmill Goal 7th May 2021 09:10 AM

Just looking at the Scottish Election results coming in.... amusing that given all the 'Scotland and England aren't that different politically' nonsense we hear that with 25 out of 129 seats declared there is not a single Labour or Tory win as yet.

Carrot Flower King 7th May 2021 09:24 AM

And the overall control of my county council was decided by drawing lots...Which the Berk in Downing Street will no doubt claim as a victory (the Tories gained one ward which gave them overall control and one ward they won was decided by lots...).

Somehow I'm still required to take local politics seriously.

MarkCorrigan 7th May 2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 13472635)
I had a very wide choice of candidates in the Senedd elections.

Ten candidates in the constituency election:
  • Abolish the Welsh Assembly
  • Conservative
  • Freedom Alliance
  • Green
  • Gwlad
  • Independent
  • Labour
  • Liberal Democrats
  • Plaid Cymru
  • Reform UK

And a further four parties (fourteen in total) for the regional list
  • Communist
  • No More Lockdowns
  • Propel
  • TUSC

Jesus what a choice! Ignoring the big 4 and PC though not exactly a great selection.

Let's see...

Abolish the Welsh Assembly- Single issue wonk/neo-fascist populist party

Freedom Alliance - Single issue COVID conspiracy party

Gwlad - make PC look like unionists. Even if you supported them no chance of winning.

Reform UK - Right wing populists led by possibly the single biggest grifter in uk politics.

Communist - just no.

TUSC - See- Communist

No More Lockdowns - see - Freedom Alliance

Propel - how are there three welsh nationalist parties?

Andy_Ross 7th May 2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Gemmill Goal (Post 13473772)
Just looking at the Scottish Election results coming in.... amusing that given all the 'Scotland and England aren't that different politically' nonsense we hear that with 25 out of 129 seats declared there is not a single Labour or Tory win as yet.

In fact the tories and Labour have both lost a seat each to the SNP so far.

The Don 7th May 2021 12:59 PM

So far in Wales, the Conservatives are making gains but at the expense of Plaid and the LibDems. Labour haven't done so badly.......yet

Archie Gemmill Goal 7th May 2021 01:13 PM

Looks like the SNP will be just short of an overall majority... a bit of tactical voting between Lab and Tory in a few key seats by the looks of things.

Proving once again that those are two cheeks of the same backside in Scotland.

Andy_Ross 7th May 2021 04:36 PM

A Liberal Party member who confronted the SNP MSP Humza Yousaf at a Glasgow election count has been suspended.

Derek Jackson and others, who are not affiliated with the Liberal Democrats, questioned Mr Yousaf about how women and children in Pakistan are treated.

Police arrived at the scene and asked them to leave. Mr Yousaf has accused them of targeting ethnic minorities.

A spokesman for the Liberal Party said they were not aware Mr Jackson was going to confront Mr Yousaf.

The spokesman added that Mr Jackson "had used the party for his own ends and has a long history of this behaviour in the past".

He added: "NAC member Stephen Graham who vetted him was not aware of this.

"We weren't aware whatsoever of what he intended to do today."

The Liberal Party are one of the smallest in Scotland, standing one candidate in the Holyrood election.

The men were seen at the Emirates Arena count wearing yellow stars with the phrase "unvax", as well as repeatedly making saluting gestures.

Police Scotland said they escorted six people from the venue following "complaints about their behaviour" and that inquiries were ongoing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-57025065

gypsyjackson 7th May 2021 05:41 PM

Humza Yousaf was born in Glasgow.

It turns out Derek Jackson is a serial election self-publicist: https://metro.co.uk/2010/05/07/gener...ok-hit-289325/

I would say I don’t think this went as he planned, but really, what other result could he have expected from wearing a Star of David, making a nazi salute, and ranting at a man from Scotland about Pakistan?

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 04:51 AM

Reform UK leader Richard Tice on Talk Radio says he is opening a pub with actor Laurence Fox.

"It will be the home of free speech and right-wing comedy. It'll only be British food, no vaccine passports, no masks".

Archie Gemmill Goal 8th May 2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13474398)
Reform UK leader Richard Tice on Talk Radio says he is opening a pub with actor Laurence Fox.

"It will be the home of free speech and right-wing comedy. It'll only be British food, no vaccine passports, no masks".

Can't wait to enjoy a boiled turnip listening to the comedy stylings of Andrew Lawrence in the company of Richard Tice!

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 06:31 AM

Don't you remember Hitler's old standup routine? "My brother brought down three aircraft in the Battle of Britain. Two Heinkels and a Messchersmitt He was undoubtedly the worst mechanic in the Luftwaffe"

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 06:32 AM

It will only serve bitter I suppose

GlennB 8th May 2021 07:08 AM

Johnson will be unbearably smug after this. Is it possible to die of smugness? Smug overload syndrome?

angrysoba 8th May 2021 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Best (Post 13473650)
I took my daughter (who's 10) with me so she could see what voting was all about. She walked straight up to the person on the door checking our address and announced "I'm here to watch my dad vote and LEARN ABOUT DEMOCRACY!". He was very attentive (her autism makes her difficult to understand sometimes) and told her she was very welcome. She then gave the same speech to the ladies handing me my voting papers (I had four). She accompanied me to the voting booth and watched me stick crosses next to Labour four times. I had a spare vote for London Mayor (you get a first and second preference in that election) and she asked me to give that one to the Women's Equality Party as she liked their name, though she was also drawn to the name "Count Binface". I confess I was also tempted to give him my second vote just to make sure he beats Laurence Fox, but I acceded to her initial request.

There was no queue and we were in and out inside five minutes.

Sounds like voter intimidation to me. :p

J/K, good on her, and good on you. Shame that the Count didn't get his vote, especially since, like you, I hope he beats Lawrence Fox who is both stupid and vile.

angrysoba 8th May 2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13474398)
Reform UK leader Richard Tice on Talk Radio says he is opening a pub with actor Laurence Fox.

"It will be the home of free speech and right-wing comedy. It'll only be British food, no vaccine passports, no masks".

Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson? If not why not? (Oh well, Bernard Manning is dead right now, so I suppose that could be a problem). But seriously... "right-wing comedy"? You ring that dinner bell and just see what kind of clientele you end up with slobbering at your door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Gemmill Goal (Post 13474400)
Can't wait to enjoy a boiled turnip listening to the comedy stylings of Andrew Lawrence in the company of Richard Tice!

Never heard of him. I had to look this one up. Oh Geez! I at least found a new use for Incognito mode (I didn't want Google offering up more of that garbage on You Tube for me).

Again, the people who love to whine about snowflakes are really the ones who whine the longest and the shrillest.

P.J. Denyer 8th May 2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennB (Post 13474435)
Johnson will be unbearably smug after this. Is it possible to die of smugness? Smug overload syndrome?

It's definitely possible for other people to die from his smugness.

P.J. Denyer 8th May 2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysoba (Post 13474444)
Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson? If not why not? (Oh well, Bernard Manning is dead right now, so I suppose that could be a problem). But seriously... "right-wing comedy"? You ring that dinner bell and just see what kind of clientele you end up with slobbering at your door.



Never heard of him. I had to look this one up. Oh Geez! I at least found a new use for Incognito mode (I didn't want Google offering up more of that garbage on You Tube for me).

Again, the people who love to whine about snowflakes are really the ones who whine the longest and the shrillest.


At this rate Geoff Norcott is going to be the busiest man in the entertainment industry.

Mojo 8th May 2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King (Post 13472886)
Yeah. I do believe you're right there.

My preferred fate for Johnson would be something like solitary confinement somewhere like St Helena


He might need to redecorate: https://www.nature.com/articles/299626a0

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 02:28 PM

London Mayor election: Laurence Fox set to lose £10,000 deposit after failing to secure enough votes

Laurence Fox is among 16 mayoral candidates set to lose their £10,000 deposit.

Candidates have to achieve five per cent of first-preference votes to have the money returned.

Mr Fox, the actor and “anti-woke” campaigner, was only polling two per cent, despite a well-funded bid for City Hall.

In March, Mr Fox told the Standard that his campaign was being funded solely by the millionaire financier Jeremy Hosking, a former Tory donor who has also funded the Brexit party.

Other candidates set to lose their deposit include UKIP’s Peter Gammons, Piers Corbyn, YouTube prankster Niko Omilana and Count Binface.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/l...t-b933973.html

catsmate 8th May 2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13474645)
London Mayor election: Laurence Fox set to lose £10,000 deposit after failing to secure enough votes

Laurence Fox is among 16 mayoral candidates set to lose their £10,000 deposit.

Candidates have to achieve five per cent of first-preference votes to have the money returned.

Mr Fox, the actor and ďanti-wokeĒ campaigner, was only polling two per cent, despite a well-funded bid for City Hall.

In March, Mr Fox told the Standard that his campaign was being funded solely by the millionaire financier Jeremy Hosking, a former Tory donor who has also funded the Brexit party.

Other candidates set to lose their deposit include UKIPís Peter Gammons, Piers Corbyn, YouTube prankster Niko Omilana and Count Binface.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/l...t-b933973.html

It's a pity about the Count, he has some of the most sensible policies in modern local government,

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 03:33 PM

I’m hearing the Count has taken full responsibility for his poor showing, and has sacked his bin.

angrysoba 8th May 2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmate (Post 13474675)
It's a pity about the Count, he has some of the most sensible policies in modern local government,

Peter Gammons! I mentioned that before but isn't that a hilarious bit of nominative determinism. After all, he was running as candidate for ... UKIP?!?

Jesus, they really are behind the times. Do they not know that the UK has left the EU?

As for Lawrence Fox, look at this hilarious tweet. I can't believe this kind of cheeky banter didn't get him voted Mayor:

Quote:

Can they just announce that Iíve won already?

This dinner jacket is quite itchy and Iím worried about leaving the victory podium outside in case it rains.

I identify as mayor.

Is that not enough in the age of equity?

My lived experience is my victory.
Bwahahaha. Isn't he funny, everyone.

Andy_Ross 8th May 2021 06:39 PM

Election results 2021: PM calls devolution summit after SNP victory

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has invited the leaders of the devolved nations to a summit on how "Team UK" can recover from the pandemic.

It follows the SNP's fourth Scottish Parliament election win in a row and Labour's win in the Welsh Parliament.

The SNP's Nicola Sturgeon said there was "no democratic justification" for blocking a Scottish independence vote.

But Mr Johnson said talk of "ripping our country apart" would be "irresponsible and reckless".

Writing in Saturday's Daily Telegraph earlier, Mr Johnson said "talking about ripping our country apart" with an independence referendum at a time when people wanted to recover from the coronavirus crisis would be "irresponsible and reckless".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57043758

dudalb 8th May 2021 08:28 PM

BOJo might be the last PM of the United Kingdom......

angrysoba 8th May 2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13474828)
BOJo might be the last PM of the United Kingdom......

I very much doubt it. What would the timetable for independence look like? First the legal wrangling over passing a bill for a referendum, setting the date, having the vote, and even in the event of Scotland leaving there will be a fairly long procedure for that.

David Cameron wasn't the last PM of a UK in the EU. There were two more after the UK voted leave.

Besides, that would take into account the speediest possible timeline and Johnson's obviously going to make sure that that won't happen.

dudalb 8th May 2021 08:47 PM

The real problems for Scotland might start after indpendence. long, Sad history of the party that headed the indepdence movement thinking that gave them the right to eternally be the Party in Power. The COngress Party in India is a good example.

angrysoba 8th May 2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13474836)
The real problems for Scotland might start after indpendence. long, Sad history of the party that headed the indepdence movement thinking that gave them the right to eternally be the Party in Power. The COngress Party in India is a good example.

What becomes of the SNP after independence is probably a trivial matter for those who want independence.

Mojo 8th May 2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysoba (Post 13474833)
I very much doubt it. What would the timetable for independence look like? First the legal wrangling over passing a bill for a referendum, setting the date, having the vote, and even in the event of Scotland leaving there will be a fairly long procedure for that.


Also all the wrangling about who is going to pay for renovating the wall.

Architect 9th May 2021 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 13474856)
Also all the wrangling about who is going to pay for renovating the wall.


And the bits of England we get with it, assuming the poor geography of Daily Mail readers is reflected at Westminster.

zooterkin 9th May 2021 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architect (Post 13474912)
And the bits of England we get with it, assuming the poor geography of Daily Mail readers is reflected at Westminster.

He didn't say which wall. :) I vote for the Antonine.

Archie Gemmill Goal 9th May 2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13474424)
It will only serve bitter I suppose

In dirty glasses since they don't seem to believe in transmissible illnesses. God knows what they will put in the condom machines though one has to assume that the chances of anyone attending such a place having sexual intercourse to be fairly limited.

Archie Gemmill Goal 9th May 2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysoba (Post 13474444)

Never heard of him. I had to look this one up. Oh Geez! I at least found a new use for Incognito mode (I didn't want Google offering up more of that garbage on You Tube for me).

Again, the people who love to whine about snowflakes are really the ones who whine the longest and the shrillest.

His entire schtick seems to be that he can't get work because he's right-wing. Rather than say because his idea of funny is to shout 'LEFT WING PEOPLE ARE STUPID SNOWFLAKES' repeatedly at an empty room.

Archie Gemmill Goal 9th May 2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysoba (Post 13474833)
I very much doubt it. What would the timetable for independence look like? First the legal wrangling over passing a bill for a referendum, setting the date, having the vote, and even in the event of Scotland leaving there will be a fairly long procedure for that.

David Cameron wasn't the last PM of a UK in the EU. There were two more after the UK voted leave.

Besides, that would take into account the speediest possible timeline and Johnson's obviously going to make sure that that won't happen.

The goal for Indyref2 is 2023. I believe (and honestly nobody seems to really know least of all Nicola Sturgeon) the plan would be to just go ahead and do it and let the Tories try to block it in the courts.

The narrative is as expected that the SNP failed to get a majority (by 1 in a system designed NEVER to give anyone a majority) and therefore have no mandate for a referendum. The press will go along with this and the Unionists will try to push it but I think anyone with two braincells will see through that. Not least of all because the Greens also support independence and would support a referendum bill.

It basically comes down to the Tories believing that they have the right to stop Scotland and the Scottish people having the right to self-determination and apparently large swathes of the UK agreeing with them.

I'm not sure if BoJo the grifter will really stick around for a second term so it's entirely likely the whole shebang will become someone else's problem soon enough.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.