International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Social Issues & Current Events (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Jeffrey Epstein arrested for child sex trafficking (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337375)

The Great Zaganza 16th July 2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12755876)
Someone said the birds adorning epsteins island temple are cockatoos, not owls. Some jumped on "Moloch's owls.." just like at Bohrmian grove, and on the dollar bill, in the corner, if you use a magnifying glass....


But this person said no, the statues are a particular crested cockatoo which is the only bird known to molest its young.

The poster pointed out how the cockatoos, when turned 90 degrees in silhouette side view, to face each other, make the exact silhouette of the owl seen on the dollar bill, and elsewhere. It is the crest of the two cockatoos which forms the owl's ears, seen in profile.

That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'

well done.
You've convinced me that Trump is a pedophile.

Bubba 16th July 2019 03:08 AM

edit oopsie

HawksFan 16th July 2019 07:54 AM

How exactly does a bird molest its young?

BStrong 16th July 2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12755876)
Someone said

"Someone said" is not too far away from "Once upon a time..."

Joe Random 16th July 2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12755876)
Someone said the birds adorning epsteins island temple are cockatoos, not owls. Some jumped on "Moloch's owls.." just like at Bohrmian grove, and on the dollar bill, in the corner, if you use a magnifying glass....


But this person said no, the statues are a particular crested cockatoo which is the only bird known to molest its young.

The poster pointed out how the cockatoos, when turned 90 degrees in silhouette side view, to face each other, make the exact silhouette of the owl seen on the dollar bill, and elsewhere. It is the crest of the two cockatoos which forms the owl's ears, seen in profile.

That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'/

Anyone here know of this cockatoo trait?

The poster that claimed to know this said they had have known this after breeding thousands of parrotes..


http://www.internationalskeptics.com...38a91ccff0.jpg

<Pinto>
"Could I buy some pot from you?"
</Pinto>

catsmate 16th July 2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby (Post 12751326)
Acosta stepped in and got Epstein convicted, sentenced to jail, and registered as a sex offender when the state was going to let him walk away. It was the state of Florida that let Epstein out of jail most of the time while he was serving his sentence, the state alone. Acosta had nothing to do with that. Acosta also forced Epstein to pay for the girls' lawyers who then negotiated settlements with him.

Not even remotely true.

Bubba 16th July 2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BStrong (Post 12756151)
"Someone said" is not too far away from "Once upon a time..."


True.

I asked if anyone here knows whether it is true or not, about the sulphur crested cockatoo, in the claimant's words, 'molesting' their young.

Apparently it is true that locals call epsteins island 'pedo island'

Those bird statues look more like crested cockatoo than owls

Arcade22 16th July 2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12755876)
That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'/

Maybe it would not be a bad idea to heed the facebook moderators warnings...

Babbylonian 16th July 2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12756290)
True.

I asked if anyone here knows whether it is true or not, about the sulphur crested cockatoo, in the claimant's words, 'molesting' their young.

Apparently it is true that locals call epsteins island 'pedo island'

Those bird statues look more like crested cockatoo than owls

Who the **** cares about some ******* bird statues? If you really do, start another thread because it's only derailing this one.

BStrong 16th July 2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 12756290)
True.

I asked if anyone here knows whether it is true or not, about the sulphur crested cockatoo, in the claimant's words, 'molesting' their young.

Apparently it is true that locals call epsteins island 'pedo island'

Those bird statues look more like crested cockatoo than owls

Impossible, as the birds aren't wearing red footwear or eating pizza.

Baylor 16th July 2019 05:17 PM

Rape victim of Epstein shares her horrifying story. She was underage at the time when Epstein repeatedly raped her.

This guy is so ugly he has to pay girls for sex, and they still don't consent so he rapes them.

This story of an underaged girl being sold into sexual slavery happened in New York. Where's Travis Bickle when you need him?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


#realmendontbuygirls

Eddie Dane 17th July 2019 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12756735)
Rape victim of Epstein shares her horrifying story. She was underage at the time when Epstein repeatedly raped her.

This guy is so ugly he has to pay girls for sex, and they still don't consent so he rapes them.

This story of an underaged girl being sold into sexual slavery happened in New York. Where's Travis Bickle when you need him?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


#realmendontbuygirls

If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy. His money and status ensure that many women would do all sorts of wild stuff with him. Even George Soros -who is basically a bag of bones at his age- has a hot girlfriend.

But Epstein seems to be absolutely hardwired to be a paederast.

Darat 17th July 2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BStrong (Post 12756151)
"Someone said" is not too far away from "Once upon a time..."

Or "some people are saying"

smartcooky 17th July 2019 04:40 AM

Error

TofuFighter 17th July 2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby (Post 12753516)
Well, there was those two year of lies by fake news and most Dems 24/7 about Trump being a Russian agent. Call me a skeptic, but I don't think those are the only lies that are being told about Trump, so I generally don't believe what is said by Dems or fake news (I know, redundant) about anything or anyone associated with Trump that isn't supported by convincing evidence.

No, I don't think that's appropriate at all.

Ziggurat 17th July 2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane (Post 12757105)
If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy.

Ironically enough, probably not. If he wasn't getting under age girls, he probably wouldn't be supplying under age girls. And without that, he'd probably be a relative nobody.

Eddie Dane 17th July 2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggurat (Post 12757320)
Ironically enough, probably not. If he wasn't getting under age girls, he probably wouldn't be supplying under age girls. And without that, he'd probably be a relative nobody.

Good point.

Baylor 17th July 2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane (Post 12757105)
If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy. His money and status ensure that many women would do all sorts of wild stuff with him. Even George Soros -who is basically a bag of bones at his age- has a hot girlfriend.

Women are willing to sleep with him but that doesn't mean they'd enjoy it. They do it for financial incentives and they are not sexually or romantically motivated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane (Post 12757105)
But Epstein seems to be absolutely hardwired to be a paederast.

Now this I agree with.

smartcooky 18th July 2019 04:18 AM

This thread badly needs some comic relief. I'll let Stephen Colbert provide...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

dann 18th July 2019 04:24 AM

But beware!
Contains footage of 'Dancing' Donald!

And let me add this one with Samantha Bee:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

dann 18th July 2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12757920)
Women are willing to sleep with him but that doesn't mean they'd enjoy it. They do it for financial incentives and they are not sexually or romantically motivated.


Now this I agree with.


I'm surprised how much I agree with you! :)
Having sex with somebody you're not into is pretty awful, but many tend to dismiss this truth about prostitution: Since prostitutes are not physically forced or blackmailed to do the deed, having sex with one will not usually be considered rape in a court of law. What poverty forces people to do (or consent to do) is irrelevant in that context.
People are all equal, but some people are more equal than others.
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." (Anatole France)

Arcade22 18th July 2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane (Post 12757105)
But Epstein seems to be absolutely hardwired to be a paederast.

A pederast is someone who is sexually attracted to male adolescents.

Arcade22 18th July 2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dann (Post 12758313)
I'm surprised how much I agree with you! :)
Having sex with somebody you're not into is pretty awful, but many tend to dismiss this truth about prostitution: Since prostitutes are not physically forced or blackmailed to do the deed, having sex with one will not usually be considered rape in a court of law. What poverty forces people to do (or consent to do) is irrelevant in that context.
People are all equal, but some people are more equal than others.
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." (Anatole France)

Life sure must be wonderful in your communist utopia where people only work solely for their own leisure and everyone lives in abundance...

The Great Zaganza 18th July 2019 08:22 AM

You can pay an underage girl as much money as you want for sex - it's still not prostitution.

dann 18th July 2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcade22 (Post 12758543)
Life sure must be wonderful in your communist utopia where people only work solely for their own leisure and everyone lives in abundance...


And how exactly do you come to think of a communist utopia when I'm describing capitalist reality as it ought to be obvious to everybody with even the slightest understanding of how capitalism works?!
Moralism got the better of you in that comment ....

dann 18th July 2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12758591)
You can pay an underage girl as much money as you want for sex - it's still not prostitution.


Paying somebody to have sex is the definition of prostitution (Wikipedia). Having sex with an underage girl is statutory rape (Wikipedia), but many other terms are used:

Quote:

Prostitution is the business or practice of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for payment.
Quote:

In common law jurisdictions, statutory rape is nonforcible sexual activity in which one of the individuals is below the age of consent (the age required to legally consent to the behavior).
Although it usually refers to adults engaging in sexual contact with minors under the age of consent, it is a generic term, and very few jurisdictions use the actual term statutory rape in the language of statutes.
Different jurisdictions use many different statutory terms for the crime, ...

The Great Zaganza 18th July 2019 09:12 AM

Not legally in the US.
A minor cannot be a prostitute by definition of the law.

JoeMorgue 18th July 2019 09:28 AM

Breaking: Bail denied for the multimillionaire with multiple private jets and his own private island.

Probably under the "No duh" Clause of Two Thousand and Always.

SpitfireIX 18th July 2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12758673)
Not legally in the US.
A minor cannot be a prostitute by definition of the law.


A quick Google search shows that this is not the case, at least in some states.

smartcooky 18th July 2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 12758697)
Breaking: Bail denied for the multimillionaire with multiple private jets and his own private island.

Probably under the "No duh" Clause of Two Thousand and Always.

The prosecution are very confident. They are saying that their case is getting stronger with every passing day. Combine that with the increasing probability that Epstein might never see freedom again, and that he probably knows what awaits him in prison, he might yet start singing like a canary to get a better deal.

The Great Zaganza 18th July 2019 12:15 PM

Le Chapo lost 12 billion in forfeiture.
I dare Epstein to top that!

I Am The Scum 18th July 2019 12:49 PM

Guys, paying a child for sex is not "child prostitution." It's raping a child with a bribe.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

Arcade22 18th July 2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum (Post 12758972)
Guys, paying a child for sex is not "child prostitution." It's raping a child with a bribe.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

The law says no.

SpitfireIX 18th July 2019 03:36 PM

Although it is the case that in some states a minor cannot be prosecuted for prostitution, that is definitely not the case in all states. See here.

Money quote:
But that still leaves a large number of states in which all minors can be convicted of prostitution, and even states like Texas and Michigan allow for individuals under the age of 18 to be prosecuted for prosecution. So, where does that leave us number-wise? The most recent data comes from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Reports:
According to the 2010 arrest table by sex, about 31 percent of [prostitution] arrests were males, while females made up almost 69 percent. It would seem that arrested prostitutes far outnumber pimps and johns. When the breakdown is by age, 804 minors under the age of 18 were arrested for prostitution..., and of those, 91 were under the age of 15. The arrest by state table shows California had the most, with arrests of minors under 18 with 363, Texas followed with 92, Nevada had 52, Florida had 46 and Washington state rounded out the top five with 33.
I would also point out that in some states 16- and 17-year-olds can legally consent to sex with any adult (except possibly a close relative), so it seems reasonable that the legal systems in such states might not view such persons engaging in prostitution (absent coercion) as only victims.

theprestige 18th July 2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12758906)
Le Chapo lost 12 billion in forfeiture.
I dare Epstein to top that!

El Chapo*

dann 20th July 2019 03:44 AM

Even in France ...

dann 21st July 2019 08:50 AM

Deputies were told to leave Epstein's jail cell door unlocked and were paid to 'provide security' during his work release (Insider, July 20, 2019)

Quote:

Last week, Bradley Edwards, a Florida attorney who has represented a number of women who sued Acosta for withholding information about the federal deal from 36 underage alleged victims, accused Epstein of engaging in “improper sexual contact” during his sentence.
(...)
Edwards’ accusations are based on the work of Michael Fisten, a private detective who says two women say they were brought from another state at the age of 18 to visit Epstein at his office in Florida while he was on work-release.
In interviews with the New York Times and CNN, Fisten said the women reported that their meetings with Epstein turned sexual in nature. Epstein, he said, was naked during the alleged encounters except for a court-ordered GPS ankle monitor. There was sexual activity that included physical contact, he said.
Jeffrey Epstein: Florida looks at possible lax monitoring after 2008 plea deal (The Guardian, July 20, 2019)

Quote:

“There’d be girls that look like they could be in high school,” the employee recalls. “They looked very young. They were always wearing college sweatshirts. It seemed like camouflage, that’s the best way to put it.” Epstein would be dressed in a tracksuit, but the girls carried shopping bags from designer labels: Gucci, Dior.
(...)
“The fact that young girls were getting out of his helicopter and getting into his plane, it was like he was flaunting it,” the employee says. “But it was said that he always tipped really well, so everyone overlooked it.”
In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders.
“The girls were just so young”: The Horrors of Jeffrey Epstein's Private Island (Vanity Fair, July 20, 2019)

jimbob 21st July 2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

“The fact that young girls were getting out of his helicopter and getting into his plane, it was like he was flaunting it,” the employee says. “But it was said that he always tipped really well, so everyone overlooked it.”
In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders.

Wut?

The Great Zaganza 21st July 2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 12761593)
Wut?

a rich sex offender.

dann 21st July 2019 09:19 PM

There are more examples in the Vanity Fair article:

Quote:

“On multiple occasions I saw Epstein exit his helicopter, stand on the tarmac in full view of my tower, and board his private jet with children—female children,” says a former air traffic controller at the airstrip who asked to remain anonymous.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-20, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.